C3P0 Nerf or not??

Replies

• I’m concerned with their testing. Literally within a day of release, videos were posted of solo efforts. CG needs to hire some better theory crafters? Or give back the test accounts to game changers? This is twice now the CGs obvious lack of understanding character interactions and game mechanics has come back to bite us. I’m disappointed again because however they nerf the problem is going to break other functions of the game because apparently they can’t change how someone works with a particular raid boss and one toon.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Kreontas wrote: »
    That would nerf JTR teams in that phase
    JTR's already pretty bad against Traya. The way Traya punishes Foresight is real bad for JTR.
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks, FYI I've just posted something in the dev news about this topic that should help clear up any confusion.

Maybe just test better. You said it perfectly when you said our "qa efforts". Just try harder. We found this out in a couple days. This happens way to often where live servers are basically beta testing things and then when we find great ways to do things you "fix" it. Invite the players who are discovering this into testing or something. Give them a week to work squads with it. Im not talking like test accounts or game changer stuff. I'm talking directly after concept and development. Heck maybe even bring them in during development. Use their amazing ability to find these setups. It just makes you guys look really bad when you have to keep correcting "unintended issues" or other bugs on launch of events or days after some form of release.
    Oh, try harder. Why didn't anyone else thing of that? Clearly, that's the issue. /s

We, the playerbase, outnumber CG staff more than a thousand to one. Yeah, content gets pushed and fixed. That's how the development cycle for MMO style games has literally always worked, because it can't work otherwise. There is no final product, and you cannot test everything to a point of perfection.

Agreed yet this came about pretty quickly.
    Finn is really the only outlier on the squad - kind of.

They can’t really do anything to threepio because players still looking to get him. Hence after New Years- even though it’s nice they want our feedback.

I’m just wondering if messing with traya will affect teams they had planned for the future for p3. If that’s the case Finn lead will be changed.

Again, p3 is more so about pure damage not buffs. Pile high her tenacity or just switch mechanic with gg.
    They did mention they have other ideas than just changing Finn's zeta or Traya, which is interesting to me.

I do appreciate the quick response on looking to take action, and that CG is learning from the whole Enfys Nest fiasco.
  • We all knew it was coming, heck most previous GC already gave the exact fix they intend to use. Cant really be mad at this one minus killing Finn at this point change traya I think enough toons have been altered by one raid enough to call this amazing raid an ultimately failed raid. Changing Finn will also change Haat and pve events like TB as well as a decent offensive Tw, GA team. I'm more game to change C3P0 at this point since his kit looked broken from day one.
  • Yes . Don’t touch zFinn or Traya or anything else . Change your nerfing policy . This raid is just horrible to play even at T6 and you re keeping making it a chore as it s the source of so much systematic nerfs that makes a lot of farm useless. Stop it please . Leave it be . So what C3PO makes P3 easier . Don’t you think it s time? You re making everybody afraid of the next nerf at every new toon release . Does it have any sense ?
  • There wasn’t a feedback thread that I could find on what we think about this. Here’s my idea:

Make C3POs special buff/nerfed. Add “The cooldown for this ability can not be changed by another character” to its description

This stops the ZFinn cheese but also keeps it from being increased by enemies. So it’s kind of a win/win
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    They just better not nerf zeta Finn, if they have to change something, anything but zeta Finn.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    arena fanatics want traya fixed to keep their god arena/TW/grand arena teams from being unable to lose on offense

People who invested 20 zetas ungodly gear into HSTR teams just want ant nerf or traya buff to ensure their top 10 rewards ( probably rightfully so) anyone with revan and ewoks/3po are the new champs, things change but boy do i feel like a sucker for farming 2x zeta’ing aurra and nest when i shoulda just done ewoks lol....

Low level guilds want nothing to change bringing hstr into the realm of possibility

Im not sure where i fall.... i dont like the god arena ,TW, grand arena guareenteed win against 99% of any D you field....4 months from now when everyone has 3po guilds basically have 50 guaranteed wins on O thats 2 whole areas minus bastilla/revan teams on D that can counter...

Team gonna really really hurt GA defenses

Bah whatever this is gonna happen every 2-4 months now with these new toons kits

Everyone wants something different changed with 3p0 based on whats good for their interest and not whats good for the game..... and to be honest i dont even know what that would be anymore...

Im glad i got to play through a period in the game when guilds focused on teams to beat raids as a team now its just anyone new can farm one team and solo everything in game (cept for hstr). Kinda

Maybe mythic raids will change that if its really a thing.....

Seems like no matter what changes tho lotta people wont be happy lol
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    A multi million dollar generating game should not have constant nerfs. Hire decent beta/theory crafters to test things out well ahead of toon launch. You have stated that you have three years planned out, so it shouldn’t be hard to get this figured out. How long does a raid have to be out before you just leave it alone? There is still a whole mess of players without Traya, let em have ONE phase of a frustrating raid, just one! It’s not going to break the game!

• Debuff
    224 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I tried out a 3cpo in arena. Based on stats im guessing it was gear 8 @ 5stars. Cls lead, han, chewie, r2d2, 3cp0. Coming in at 98k

I brought in my 5star traya lead G11, sion, DN, EP, thrawn all g12(plus g13 pieces) @ 106k gp, All zetas on. I payout around low 20s (struggling to payout under 20)

Battle started, he had my sion speed beat @ 252, and went first. They took about 10 turns killing DN and thrawn. I think traya EP and sion got 1 turn before dying shortly after.

Ive never seen anything like that in arena. I felt like i brought in a 81k squad with no work put into it.
  • I also faced arena C3PO around 65 in arena, I wasn't advancing further since I don't have Traya or Revan, just experimenting. Lost quickly, but that's not the point I was intending to make..

I was hoping, in the holiday spirit.. that the devs had given us a Christmas present that made the devilish STR raid more workable, more, fun... Don't nerf Threepio.... you, you, nerfherders!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Please do not change Finn or 3P0. That will change literally every other part of the game and could have unintended and unforseen consequences. Changing raid Traya will change just Phase III Sith Raid, which is where the issue is.
  • Easy fix, leave it alone. It's one phase in one raid. Finn's zeta has been around for what? Two years now? You built a character in C3P0 with Resistance synergy knowing full well what Finn's leader ability is. Surely any testing at all would have shown these loops that can be created in the raids with him.
  • Debuff wrote: »
    I tried out a 3cpo in arena. Based on stats im guessing it was gear 8 @ 5stars. Cls lead, han, chewie, r2d2, 3cp0. Coming in at 98k

I brought in my 5star traya lead G11, sion, DN, EP, thrawn all g12(plus g13 pieces) @ 106k gp, All zetas on. I payout around low 20s (struggling to payout under 20)

Battle started, he had my sion speed beat @ 252, and went first. They took about 10 turns killing DN and thrawn. I think traya EP and sion got 1 turn before dying shortly after.

Ive never seen anything like that in arena. I felt like i brought in a 81k squad with no work put into it.

you lost because of ur mods
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Easy fix, leave it alone. It's one phase in one raid. Finn's zeta has been around for what? Two years now? You built a character in C3P0 with Resistance synergy knowing full well what Finn's leader ability is. Surely any testing at all would have shown these loops that can be created in the raids with him.

seriously, so true, as soon as i saw the kit i was wondering how it would fare with jtr and finn, minimal testing would have hashed this out

my immediate thought was p2 of haat and then while trying that i would have found to add in cls and solo and get tm reduction, and i’m not the brightest guy here, there are much smarter people; this is just bad testing in house
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    A multi million dollar generating game should not have constant nerfs. Hire decent beta/theory crafters to test things out well ahead of toon launch. You have stated that you have three years planned out, so it shouldn’t be hard to get this figured out. How long does a raid have to be out before you just leave it alone? There is still a whole mess of players without Traya, let em have ONE phase of a frustrating raid, just one! It’s not going to break the game!
    Nerfs in this game are quite rare compared to other MMO style games where abilities across the game are constantly tweaked up and down.

Here, it's maybe a couple characters get a tweak a month. That's not constant.
    Still not a he.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I think we only got 1 nerf this year and that's critolyte

Enfys Nest is a bug fix but if you want to consider it as a nerf, that's fine (total count: 2)

The other thing that was nerfed was really a change in the raid mechanic to make it tougher (changing bonds of weakness to not trigger on hit abilities such as Stormtrooper Han)

And the next change will either be a nerf to zFinn (maybe: 3) or a change in Raid mechanic or something else

So a total of 2 nerfs and a maybe nerf this year

I can't tell if we had any other nerfs before this

Let me know if I'm missing anything else
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I think we only got 1 nerf this year and that's critolyte

Enfys Nest is a bug fix but if you want to consider it as a nerf, that's fine (total count: 2)

The other thing that was nerfed was really a change in the raid mechanic to make it tougher (changing bonds of weakness to not trigger on hit abilities such as Stormtrooper Han)

And the next change will either be a nerf to zFinn (maybe: 3) or a change in Raid mechanic or something else

So a total of 2 nerfs and a maybe nerf this year

I can't tell if we had any other nerfs before this

Let me know if I'm missing anything else

Let's not forget that they completely changed Nightsisters because they finally decided after a year that they didn't like Zombie being better at a low gear, which is (again) something that had to be blindingly obvious during testing.
  • I really don’t understand what the big issue is. This team can only solo one phase. Thats it. It’s a composition that beast ONE phase of the raid. It’s a raid that’s been out for almost a full year. It should be having parts of it soloed by now.
    Devs, stop changing things around because it’s ruining your “shiny new toy”. I’m still waiting on the explanation for the whole bonus protection being based off of health instead of...protection.
  • Please don't nerf Finn's zeta, he's such a good option for tb, tw, and grand arena that gives newer players extra options.

Also, the QA testers should be flogged for missing this. I get the team combos are huge and you need 3 lattes and a master's degree to get through reading new kits these days, but it's not like this was some weird fringe synergy with a character nobody would think to use him with. This should have been one of the first ~10 teams tested.
  • Kreontas wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    [They can give Traya immune to expose while toppled or stacking tenacity or something like that to prevent breaking existing strats

That would nerf JTR teams in that phase

Why would you be using JTR teams in this phase? They can’t do as much as Chex and JTR teams are much better used and have higher damage output in P1.
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Every time the players discover a good strategy against that raid, a nerf comes. Just remove Traya from the game and eliminate that raid already, if you don't want people to get her.
  • Those guys really test the chars before they launch?
    Because any experienced player saw this mechanic at the time the char kit was shown.
    It was obvious that there would be exploitation of the mechanics of the expose
  • Can you stop trying to nerf ZFinn?

You tried with RT and RP double expose first, we told it was not fine and now this.

HSTR is 9 months old and P3 HAAT could have been auoted as well with the introduction of Thrawn 8 months after HAAT release. It is time to give us some way to auto the raid.
  • Every time the players discover a good strategy against that raid, a nerf comes. Just remove Traya from the game and eliminate that raid already, if you don't want people to get her.
    Infinite loops are not strategies. They're exploits.
    Still not a he.
  • Just get it over with and nerf C3P0 already before he breaks more interaction and you go after other old toons and their zetas.
  • Don't amend/nerf anyone, it's only 1 phase and potentially more of the player base will engage in the sith triumvirate raid. We know that changes were made to the raid earlier in the year in an attempt to get more people participating, so why not view this in the same way.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Notworking wrote: »
    Don't amend/nerf anyone, it's only 1 phase and potentially more of the player base will engage in the sith triumvirate raid. We know that changes were made to the raid earlier in the year in an attempt to get more people participating, so why not view this in the same way.

Because it's a bad business decision that's why.... if people are refreshing or buying 20 dollar stun guns and eyeballs gearing Nest/Aurra/Embo (the team they are selling us as a great P3 team) why as a company would you just give everyone a team that can solo that part of the raid while you are literally in the "middle" of those people still farming/gearing that P3 team...

There is a massive massive differeence between making P1 less crazy so people don't have to restart 40 times...to just giving people an auto solo team....it's not even in the same realm of comparison

That said it will happen eventually...I'm done investing in teams for raids...it's a waste...you grind grind grind... get the top spots in the raid and you get Mk 4 carbantis, weapon mods, utter trash...when I could have just focused on Arena/TW and now GA....where you get crystals, G12, cuff's, 6* mods....

Investing in Raid teams prob worst thing ever because 1 month later they put out revans doing 10 mil to P2, teams soloing 3....Farming Raid teams is probably worst investment ever better off going godly TW Arena teams and just join a guild doing heroic...they will probably take you just for the TW teams anyway....

meh raids.... Bring back the challenge gear...at least there were eyeballs..... weapon mods/ mk 4 carbantis... AND THE OTHER trash....they literally pulled one over on everyone..... get rid of eyeballs...say oh wow rewards getting better challenge gear going away...and they replace the challenge gear with non challenge gear trash..... I give em credit for pulling that wool over everyones eyes.....

Even I thought it was great at first...till i realized how important gold eyeyballs were and now that I have over 1000 mk carbantis and weapon mods and non Mk 10 binoculars.....it's all just a scam

EDIT yeah..a directed scam.... I get we need gear shortfalls to drive sales...but they really sold removing the challenge gear as good for the game...when in fact nothing changed except less gold eyeballs...which is horrible so yeah i woul say it's worse now than before the change.