Community Territory Wars Poll Results [MEGA]

Replies

• Comet19 wrote: »
    No worries they posted ban will return. Have fun.

Next time they will double the number of bans until EVERYONE agrees this is a terrible idea. They're all about uniting the community!

/sarc

Actually they ran bans first to make the OP buffs look better.

• Been playing for two years. Never posted. This TW motivated me to register just to say this:

Not a fan. Please no more bans. Thanks.
  • I think SWGOH has reached the end of it's development cycle, same thing happened to HoDA, when SWGOH was being developed. They must have a new game in development. My money is on competitive knitting.

Next time they will double the number of bans until EVERYONE agrees this is a terrible idea. They're all about uniting the community!

/sarc

YEP. These buffs look downright angelic compared to toon bans.
    Comet19 wrote: »

/sarc

YEP. These buffs look downright angelic compared to toon bans.

It's like a kick between the legs then you are offered a head slap instead.
  • Also how can the development be near the end? We’ve been giving them ideas to expand the game. There’s still dozens, if not more, characters to be added. Legendaries, Journeys, all that jazz. Boredom, I guess?
  • Oh well bedtime, good night, don't let the burners accts bite!
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I think SWGOH has reached the end of it's development cycle, same thing happened to HoDA, when SWGOH was being developed. They must have a new game in development. My money is on competitive knitting.

They already stated they were working on something else. I too believe this is the sunset. The push of so many marquees broken content that doesn’t get fixed abd grabbing as much cash as fast as possible all vindictive of end game procedure. And don’t forget neglecting the community!
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Also the buffs is like having some fun before they close it down. “ enjoy some play before we leave”
  • Monel wrote: »
    I've yet to see a real complaint about why its soooooo bad. I spent to get Revan and cant use him. Do I love that? Heck no. Does it ruin the game? Heck no. It forces me to think and trying something new(but really with old characters) and different(only because I have not been using my whole roster except to deploy).

Furthermore, a bunch of people that were upset because they spent time leveling and gearing their rosters up to gear 8 for TB stars complain that it hurt them in GA. Well having invested into a deeper roster instead of what's new what next will definitely help payoff right now.

It's really not that painful, at least for me, to use Jawas, droids, clones, etc... again

Respectfully disagree. I do not have the depth of roster that you are talking about above. I have 8 teams over 80k power. Six are now nerfed. I don't have replacement BH fir IG 88 and dengar because I have been focusing on the minimum for each squad not farming extras in case my current ones get banned.

You state you have yet to see a real.complaint? 75% of my contributory teams no longer function or function at severely diminished capacity. Forget Revan and Trays I don't even have them. TW is my favorite part of the game. It was not enjoyable for me this time.

I hope you deem that a real complaint.
  • Monel wrote: »
    I've yet to see a real complaint about why its soooooo bad. I spent to get Revan and cant use him. Do I love that? Heck no. Does it ruin the game? Heck no. It forces me to think and trying something new(but really with old characters) and different(only because I have not been using my whole roster except to deploy).

Furthermore, a bunch of people that were upset because they spent time leveling and gearing their rosters up to gear 8 for TB stars complain that it hurt them in GA. Well having invested into a deeper roster instead of what's new what next will definitely help payoff right now.

It's really not that painful, at least for me, to use Jawas, droids, clones, etc... again

Respectfully disagree. I do not have the depth of roster that you are talking about above. I have 8 teams over 80k power. Six are now nerfed. I don't have replacement BH fir IG 88 and dengar because I have been focusing on the minimum for each squad not farming extras in case my current ones get banned.

You state you have yet to see a real.complaint? 75% of my contributory teams no longer function or function at severely diminished capacity. Forget Revan and Trays I don't even have them. TW is my favorite part of the game. It was not enjoyable for me this time.

Same. I had two teams over 80k power, my Rebels and my BHs. In both, I am now missing 2 characters on that team that I cannot replace given my roster.
    People keep focusing on Revan and Traya being banned as if that’s a good thing. They forget that they’re not the only toons banned and that these bans effectively punish early to mid-game players who have strategized who to level up.
  • Make TW great again (by leaving it the way it was)!
    Monel wrote: »

Same. I had two teams over 80k power, my Rebels and my BHs. In both, I am now missing 2 characters on that team that I cannot replace given my roster.
    People keep focusing on Revan and Traya being banned as if that’s a good thing. They forget that they’re not the only toons banned and that these bans effectively punish early to mid-game players who have strategized who to level up.

Exactly my point my friend! Some day I'll have the depth of roster to absorb this kind of thing. However my development strategy over past year aligns near perfectly with the banned toons. This isn't fun it simply elimatee my relevancy.

Exactly my point my friend! Some day I'll have the depth of roster to absorb this kind of thing. However my development strategy over past year aligns near perfectly with the banned toons. This isn't fun it simply elimatee my relevancy.

I also love how the guy you replied to was insinuating that people like us who dislike new TW are stupid and don’t want to come up with alternative teams. Real class acts, these people who have been for the toon bans.
  • "Bannings will continue until moral improves."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    Comet19 wrote: »

I also love how the guy you replied to was insinuating that people like us who dislike new TW are stupid and don’t want to come up with alternative teams. Real class acts, these people who have been for the toon bans.

It kind of reminds me of when I did a bottled water drive for a local homeless shelter during the summer. I would talk to rich folks who were like "why do they need bottled water why can't they just drink tap water" and I would have to explain patiently that they don't have taps.... because they are homeless.

I don't have a Droid, jawa or clone team....I got no problem with people who do just understand that those of us mid tier GP have what we have and when it's banned we are screwed.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Perhaps it could be better to ban just characters that really create mismatches, undermine balance and make fair matchmaking an absolute nightmare, like Revan, for example. But this would make people that spent money on him quite angry, so I guess the best thing is (in addition to maybe think twice before releasing toons like Revan) to leave it as it is. Hope this is not disruptive or somehow against forum guidelines.
  • So when this idea was announced I hated it. When the voting results came in I still hated it. When the TW launched I still hated it. Setting defenses was not as bad as I expected... until the attack phase came. I still hate it. Worst TW ever, even though I think we will win it. Please don't do this again.

Also, the buffs for the next one are simply ridiculous. Please stop this madness and go back to regular TW.
  • This TW is a bigger shambles than Brexit
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    We won.. woooo… Feel like I cheated.. We didn't win, the game was fixed. That's how it feels.
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • I liked this TW. Yes my teams were diminished, but so were the the teams I was up against - it’s relative. As a guild we had more to talk and think about, it was definitely more fun even tho some were frustrated.
  • TW is over in and I'm here to give my opinion of how CG's experiment went. I defended the dev's decision to try out something new, since TW is a mode that I never truly enjoyed since it quickly became a hustle. Facing walls of identical squads of Traya and Bastila, Bossk, FO, CLS, Palpatine, made TW very annoying. Trying something new was essential at this point.

I have to say that I'm uncertain about the results! As anticipated there were still walls of very similar teams. RJT certainly rised in popularity on defense, CLS was still challenging even though the absence of Han made it a bit more unpredictable overall. Bossk still had a strong presence as did KRU and Bastila.
    I didn't see Palpatine wall but that might have been only in my match up.

One thing I didn't like is that I felt a bit weak on offense even tho my roster is pretty decent over all. Having a smaller selection of characters to choose from certainly irritated me just a little.

My conclusion is that this wasn't it. It doesn't feel like this should be a permanent thing. We need something different. I appreciate the effort and you should keep coming up with new ideas about how to mix things up.

Perhaps a difference way of banning characters? Like in the previews phase in game each guild votes 2-3 leaders which are going to be banned from being placed on defense which only applies for their guild. Although I suspect that that would turn into everyone voting for Revan, CLS and Traya. Or maybe a pick and ban phase where guild leaders engage in a live action pick and ban where they ban a character then pick some which can't be banned and go back and forth until we have our bans. Of course that may cause situations to occur within guilds which could cause tension. Let me know what you all think about a potential pick and ban.
  • My conclusion is that this wasn't it. It doesn't feel like this should be a permanent thing. We need something different. I appreciate the effort and you should keep coming up with new ideas about how to mix things up.

They already said it was just for this TW.....the next TW has huge buffs to 4 different factions. While they left open the possibility of bans in future TWs, I doubt they would do it in exactly the same format and probably with less banned characters.
  • I didn't expect to enjoy it. I didn't enjoy it.

A few members of my guild enjoyed using underutilized characters (although they sometimes get to use some of them in regular TWs), but the overall consensus from my guild was frustration.
  • EA, I thought the community voted TW was a good change of pace. Sure was I upset I could not use my usual teams but overall it was challenging and interesting. I liked to see a "Light VS Dark" side TW set up. Maybe use the same criteria to match-up guilds and then randomly assign Light & Dark side.
  • One more speculation on the character bans: Revan and Traya can skew strength in guild matching, but whales and other elite players might resent being singled out. Mol Amys, my account, had to rework half of my squads and don’t like the wasted time. Mord Sith was left with very few squads - probably most players with less than a year in were hurt by it.

Suggest you reduce the number of banned characters, keeping some that are easy f2p farms early on. Eg. let Ashoka be in play, Nihilus and Asajj might be fair exchanges for not having to counter Revan and Traya. For awhile.
  • wiredawg wrote: »
    EA, I thought the community voted TW was a good change of pace. Sure was I upset I could not use my usual teams but overall it was challenging and interesting. I liked to see a "Light VS Dark" side TW set up. Maybe use the same criteria to match-up guilds and then randomly assign Light & Dark side.

I appreciate the positive feedback people are providing as all viewpoints should have a voice. I did not enjoy it, and I suspect my particular roster depth and development stratagies left me more affected than most. I have expressed that fully in previous posts.

I would point out that this was not really a "community voted" event. The vast majority of people were not aware of the vote, not of the overwhelming negative feedback over the concept that had already been shared. I joined the forums after I discovered the ban when trying to set teams.

A better communication structure and not simply relying on forums could have turned it into a true community vote.

I am glad they are not going to use this format in the next tw; I am disheartened to hear they are leaving it in the table for future options.
  • That was one of the most unfun experiences in the game I've ever had. I'm not looking forward to Ewok wall TW coming next either.

Keep it simple. TW was mostly fine before.
This discussion has been closed.