Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

  • Like everyone else, I'd like my Zeta back. This isn't a minor change, this is a fundamental rework. With a +3% TM gain for each Resistance ally, we're capped at +15%, but we need a full Resistance team, which rules out characters like Nest or Sidious. The TM reduction is practically useless since there are characters that are immune to it. The benefit of Finn was that his team only needed to pop an expose. Now, we have to worry about the TM reduction being resisted on top of all that. In short, you took out the whole reason I, and many others, gave Finn a Zeta in the first place.

    It doesn't matter how long he's been out, this is classic bait and switch. He might still be good, but that isn't the point. I didn't choose to give him a Zeta based on your reworked kit. Give us our Zeta back and let us decide if we still want to put it on Finn.

    Padas wrote: »
    Um wow.

    You completely gut his kit, take any expose synergy away out side of resistance. (I get 3po but i used zinn lead with other expose toons like Sidious or mace in tw and ga when my roster stretched think.) And have no desire to refund us the Zeta we invested in a character kit that no longer exists?

    You break a character that worked for 2 years because you can't properly test your own characters before you release them because it broke your poorly designed and boring raid. And don't give us the **** that there are too many interactions because Zinn was the expose lead and you didn't test him with the new expose on basic mechanics you added!? It was literally the first thing many of us thought about when we saw that rebels and ewoks gain expose on their basics.

    Yep my wallet is officially closed until you refund the zeta and let us decide whether or not we want to zeta this entirely different abilty. Knowing how ch opperates though it won't happen and the B1 marquee was my last purchase.


    And they're going to use that last paragraph as an excuse to remove your entire post.
    ronnio wrote: »
    One of many to come.... "I put a assets on finn to get first place in hstr. I can't did it anymore. Give ma back my zeta" sure. Hey your zeta back. But give back all the rewards you stole.

    Deal. I never soloed anything, so give me my Zeta and I keep all the rewards I got because I never used the loop.

    Same here
  • Sregor
    1 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Horrible decision and very poor way to handle it. Please explain how you can justify making these changes and not offering to refund the zeta. I don’t like the changes but even less is the decision not to refund the zeta when you completely change the way it functions.
  • wow, so you destroyed Finn. Well done CG. Didn’t expected that. Wow. Thank You :(
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3179 posts Member
    edited February 16
    My hope is this actually works out to make him way better maybe even tricky on defence.... FOR ONCE ha.

    I'd save judgments till we can use the new Finn. NOBODY said b1 would make seperatists viable Agaisnt revan Jedi when his kit was revealed WITHOUT GG/Magnaguard rework and WITHOUT Droideka.

    Reading a kit is never enough to know if it's gonna be good or not.


    Nobody said these changes will not make Finn the new Revan. All people are saying is that since this is basically a new zeta ability and more or less a new character due to complete kit rework; the right thing to do would be to refund BOTH zeta and gear investment into finn, as well as credits spent on leveling him to 85. This way people will have an option weather to reinvest all/any of these resources into the NEW Finn.

    Well no EVERYONE is not saying that, some are, and that's a fair point. But some people are automatically complaining that this will make their investment worse off (bar hstr P3 solo of course)

    I agree if a zeta ability is changed AT ALL, the player should be able to decide if they wanna keep it or not regardless of whether the changes would make the character meta defining or something crazy like that but I can see why cg wouldnt want to refund zetas as players like myself who don't need an older zeta like Finns could use the free 20 zeta mats gained on something more currently viable like the new seperatists reworks for gg, magnaguard, Droideka b1 or B2 which would be far more beneficial at the moment. They'd essentially be speeding up a large portion of players progress which is probably Agaisnt their design plan
  • And what about those of us who don't have 3PO? Are we getting a refund if we don't have 3PO?

    Again, why aren't the characters in the raids being changed instead of reworking people's characters that they depend on for things like GW or TBs.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • HK22
    466 posts Member
    I support the call for a refund on his zeta. Others have listed the reasons why better than I could.
  • It s really strange days....
    Since the launch of HSR we see:
    -rework of HSR traya interaction with SThan, Zylo...
    -rework of zombie because of P4 HSR
    -rework of revan ability because of Nest
    -rework of zinn because of HSR, you say..., but mostly because of ability to defeat revan easily.

    It s a lot of rework/nerf soon after release. It means that good youtubers can do better in some days and even some hours than an entire professional department?

    Hum smell bad for the futur.
  • 1. I do not agree changing a 2 year old character that is used in many phases of the game was the right solution. Should have changed the raid phase instead.
    2. That being said, his new kit looks interesting. Might make them a bit more viable on D now. Will see how it turns out. It does look like a good effort.
    3. I can see this being REALLY interesting with Holdo. They will ping-pong Taunts and self heal...
  • Arthouse
    4 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Terrible decision. Simple fix is to address P3 of HSR.

    Please refund zeta and all the gear I invested in a character that now is much different than the one I invested the zeta/gear.
  • manderthegreat1
    265 posts Member
    edited February 16
    It cracks me up people commenting “if you put the zeta on him anyway, that’s on you”. Ummm, he was one of the first zetas. Most of us put it on him ages ago. As in before the sith raid ever came out. Most of us are long time players who don’t like our investments to be crâpped on.
  • ColonelMatt8
    46 posts Member
    edited February 16
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    Massena777 wrote: »
    So the only reason I zeta'd this character is now gone. We should get the zeta refunded just like with the daka refund with the zombie rework.
    They said as soon as they discovered the loop that they were going to change it to not work. If you put a zeta on Finn knowing that he was going to be nerfed, that is on you.

    this is the perfect response. Seriously guys.

    And the people who put it on before this?
  • Ugh. Wow. Y'all have ruinously nerfed one of my favorite toons, and for no good reason whatsoever.

    Finn wasn't broken; his kit wasn't causing any problems. When you rolled out a brand new toon that had an unexpectedly overpowered interaction with his abilities, the logical solution, by any reasonable standard, would have been to fix the new, and unexpectedly broken, character's kit.

    Instead, you decided to do the exact opposite of logical and reasonable, and thus nerf Finn.

    This is just not cool, y'all.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    looks like a great fix. If you actually read it, the whole kit works well. It means now you have to run that typical pvp trio of finn, poe, and RT with two more resistance squad members now and you get 25% tm gain, which will be good enough for most pvp situations you'd use him. Plus he gets a crap ton of other buffs. And they have to fix it somehow guys. Just calm down.

    3% tm gain per resistance ally = 15% not 25%.

    Will it be 15% or 12%? Does Finn count as an ally to himself?
  • Will z Finn Poe BB8 trooper pilot be a worse team now?

    Worst no, but turn useless.
  • Jailwatcher
    147 posts Member
    edited February 16
    Looks like i am the only one who thinks this change could be good.. Ramping damage, TM gain and TMR and Regen possibilities.

    I also got the zeta on him ages ago for the 35% tm but its still going to be 15% but now also could do 15% TMR plus extra damage and regen.. Just given him a few other ways to use him if you ask me.
  • I'd also like a refund for the Finn's zeta. Not that the kit is now bad, but it's not what I spent my zetas on. I don't want that new leader ability, I want what I paid for, if not refund us.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    looks like a great fix. If you actually read it, the whole kit works well. It means now you have to run that typical pvp trio of finn, poe, and RT with two more resistance squad members now and you get 25% tm gain, which will be good enough for most pvp situations you'd use him. Plus he gets a crap ton of other buffs. And they have to fix it somehow guys. Just calm down.

    3% tm gain per resistance ally = 15% not 25%.

    Will it be 15% or 12%? Does Finn count as an ally to himself?

    He has the resistance tag so he will count too.
  • Chonsp wrote: »
    It s really strange days....
    Since the launch of HSR we see:
    -rework of HSR traya interaction with SThan, Zylo...
    -rework of zombie because of P4 HSR
    -rework of revan ability because of Nest
    -rework of zinn because of HSR, you say..., but mostly because of ability to defeat revan easily.

    It s a lot of rework/nerf soon after release. It means that good youtubers can do better in some days and even some hours than an entire professional department?

    Hum smell bad for the futur.

    We all knew this lazy guys dont know how to play the game.
    For that they took this terrible decisions.
  • I’d like a refund for that zeta.
  • I want my Finn zeta back, and his gear, and I never would have upgraded my resistance team had I known you would do this to Finn, so I want my 3 JTR zetas back and my 2 bb8 zetas (and all their gear too). And the only reason I had a First Order Team was to balance the Resistance Team, so I want my zeta and gear back for KRU, FOST, and Kylo Ren.

    And I want 3000 crystals for all of the emotional distress you have caused me with this post. And I think you also need to redo ships, grand arena and have some new territory battle themes and I want to design them all. Because you changed Finn's leadership. It is all interconnected

    Holy cow, you guys are unbelievable whiners.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    looks like a great fix. If you actually read it, the whole kit works well. It means now you have to run that typical pvp trio of finn, poe, and RT with two more resistance squad members now and you get 15% tm gain, which will be good enough for most pvp situations you'd use him. Plus he gets a crap ton of other buffs. And they have to fix it somehow guys. Just calm down.

    Are you stupid? Have you ever attacked Revan with zFinn? Do you even have zFinn for that matter? Revan won't even notice him. He used to be one of TWO counters
  • Easy solution, make traya immune to expose in p3.

    Instead you destroy his hstr loop (a good thing) but his 20% P3 you claim will only happen if you dont use jtr in p1. And nobody will use Finn in P3, as he is already outclassed by NS.

    But this ALSO destroys Finn in the HAAT and removes an extremely viable team in TW offense that was capable of taking down Traya.

    On a small side note, if you can field 2 full resist teams, this may assist in TW defense with Holdo and Poe, and GA. But this hardly makes up for the loss of HAAT and TW offense.

    As this is such a dramatic change, as was Daka, Id like my zetas back.
  • I like how the meta changes and forces adaptation and innovation. What I don't like is nerfing a team to make another better. I suppose it is entirely coincidental that one of TWO Revan hard counters gets ruined just days before a new faction, which just so happens to have Marquee characters coming out and a lot of undergeared team members, comes to the forefront?
  • I'm least likely to win CG Fanboy Of The Year in any galaxy either near or far, far away but Finn's zeta was useful before this STR cheese* team and it will be useful afterwards. Every other cheese team in the game was nerfed, usually a lot sooner (Nute Gunray, anyone?). CG explicitly mentioned that infinite loops were nwai before C-3PO was released. If you did not expect this team to get nerfed, you do not pay much attention in these forums. No zeta for you, come back one binary solar system year.

    * Don't get me wrong - I love cheese. I've been cheesing the heck out of hSTR since Christmas. Many of my lactose-intolerant guildmates will be happy about this change though.
  • people spend those because of THAT old kit not this one. every other one gave mats back when you changed there kit. you need to give them back. let them decided if they want to Re-Zeta him or not. Its the Right call to make.
    No. Just No.
This discussion has been closed.