Shardchat destroys fun

1234568Next

Replies

  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    mvmss wrote: »
    Kenjiro wrote: »
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    You have been sniping passed your payout, and during your payout, and you get mad that they did it to you.... Think about that for a second man, You are doing the exact same thing you are complaining about. They hit you for no reason during your payout, while the guy in your shard explicitly stated that you did it too, and he asked your payout just to see if you were being a **** or not. You made sure not to mention that, and made it sound like you were just on your way to deliver cookies to local orphanges on your way to the top 10, then a no good band of bikers beat you up, when in reality is that what you did to others, they did back.

    The big difference is that I never did that „on purpose“ and teamed up to do that. If he ever messaged me and pointed it out I would have respected and considered that. No problem. But so it was just „out of the blue“ for me. And now he rejects all conversation tries.

    This is exactly why you should have joined the chat. Shard chats exists for this very reason. Creating a po timetable and working around it to get maximized benefits without hindering the others. They are not the evil mafia who punish people for their own amusement...

    But no, you chose to swim against the current and now complaining the waves are too strong....

    This.

    Shard chat exists so nobody is wasting crystals, not because shard chat people want to keep outsiders.... outside? Lol

    I climbed today, 10 battles, 9 of them against players on my shard chat. They will hit me later, of course. Everyone is fair game, after their respective PO. All 10 battles against Revan teams - why would anyone in the world want to amplify this torment even further??

    It seems a lot of people have a misconception of what the shard chat truly is. Would I get out of my climbing way to hit someone who is not on the shard chat? Hell no, but that's me. I cannot speak for others

    The only question is: when there is someone not in the chat and hits you around your payout time-do you tell him, warn him, send him a message and tell him, maybe discuss the situation and find a solution or will you team up with your chatmates and snipe him down as „punishment“ because you automatically assume that he did it to you on purpose?

    Fair question. Happened to me today and I will reach out to the peeson who hit me.

    It depends, I've seen it go both ways. Same situation: outsider who hits shard member climbing on PO hour. Case 1. The person who was hit reached out to the outsider and they had a nice conversation, to work something out in the future, avoiding each other's payouts. Case 2. The person who was hit reached out to the outsider, who answered he would beat anyone he liked, whenever he liked and he would not comply to any arrangements.

    Case 1 turned out fine, as you may imagine. We don't mess with him any more that he messes with us, on his PO. It's fair treatment and, if he keeps climbing high, there'a little reason for him not to be on the shard chat. Having someone who can climb to the top every day outside of the shard chat is not in our own interests, if you think about it.

    Case 2 turned out bad for the player with bad attitude. He has a crosshair on his back, so his life is increasingly miserable once he gets to the top 50. Since he is a liability for everyone on PO or next to having their PO, he is a target and he does get attacked. A shard mate told us he does the same thing on fleet. It's his choice, he lives with the consequences, I don't care.

    I don't engage on such battles because I'm in Asia. This happens mostly during US POs, because they are more crowded.
  • Joining my shard chat - December 16’ -(during the Bastila meta) has allowed me access to new friends, strategies and guild connections/recruitment. I’m lucky because I share a po time with just one other player but I can understand where the frustration comes from in regaurd to being locked out of top 10/20.
    Honestly if you have another chance to join I would take it and enjoy what the broader community of swgoh has to offer.

    I will add my opinion that I don’t believe shard chat and organised po is cheating but I can only take reference from my experience which has been friendly at best and amicable at its worst (with a few 4-7 letter words being exchanged between shardies on the rare occasion).
  • Curious, how far were you climbing in the past (ie. Before you got revan)? Seems like you're the new kid on the block. Need to give respect to get respect.
    I believe you when you say sniping others these past few days was unintentional. Dont agree that they should have reached out to you per se. You could have just as easily reached out to anyone of them as well, before messing with their payouts.

    Playing more than 3 years now, not „new“ neither „kid“. Give respect? Sounds like mafia-talk. Had ups and downs (can’t remember in detail), ranked quite high regularly before first time Revan, will for sure drop when there is Darth Revan. No problems with that. Was just happy to rank higher regularly with Revan. I can’t understand people who are that greedy that, although they rank high day after day for months and years, have to buckle up against someone just because he/she is now ablento compete with the top10. As I am not a whale it won’t last for very long. Better sit there and snipe against everyone because it’s their „right“ to rank there as if it was a monarchy.
    And you want me to ask everyone for permission? No, tell me if there is something that annoys you and I will be sensitive to that. I am not a supplicant who bows to the king for something.
  • mvmss wrote: »
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    mvmss wrote: »
    Kenjiro wrote: »
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    You have been sniping passed your payout, and during your payout, and you get mad that they did it to you.... Think about that for a second man, You are doing the exact same thing you are complaining about. They hit you for no reason during your payout, while the guy in your shard explicitly stated that you did it too, and he asked your payout just to see if you were being a **** or not. You made sure not to mention that, and made it sound like you were just on your way to deliver cookies to local orphanges on your way to the top 10, then a no good band of bikers beat you up, when in reality is that what you did to others, they did back.

    The big difference is that I never did that „on purpose“ and teamed up to do that. If he ever messaged me and pointed it out I would have respected and considered that. No problem. But so it was just „out of the blue“ for me. And now he rejects all conversation tries.

    This is exactly why you should have joined the chat. Shard chats exists for this very reason. Creating a po timetable and working around it to get maximized benefits without hindering the others. They are not the evil mafia who punish people for their own amusement...

    But no, you chose to swim against the current and now complaining the waves are too strong....

    This.

    Shard chat exists so nobody is wasting crystals, not because shard chat people want to keep outsiders.... outside? Lol

    I climbed today, 10 battles, 9 of them against players on my shard chat. They will hit me later, of course. Everyone is fair game, after their respective PO. All 10 battles against Revan teams - why would anyone in the world want to amplify this torment even further??

    It seems a lot of people have a misconception of what the shard chat truly is. Would I get out of my climbing way to hit someone who is not on the shard chat? Hell no, but that's me. I cannot speak for others

    The only question is: when there is someone not in the chat and hits you around your payout time-do you tell him, warn him, send him a message and tell him, maybe discuss the situation and find a solution or will you team up with your chatmates and snipe him down as „punishment“ because you automatically assume that he did it to you on purpose?

    Fair question. Happened to me today and I will reach out to the peeson who hit me.

    It depends, I've seen it go both ways. Same situation: outsider who hits shard member climbing on PO hour. Case 1. The person who was hit reached out to the outsider and they had a nice conversation, to work something out in the future, avoiding each other's payouts. Case 2. The person who was hit reached out to the outsider, who answered he would beat anyone he liked, whenever he liked and he would not comply to any arrangements.

    Case 1 turned out fine, as you may imagine. We don't mess with him any more that he messes with us, on his PO. It's fair treatment and, if he keeps climbing high, there'a little reason for him not to be on the shard chat. Having someone who can climb to the top every day outside of the shard chat is not in our own interests, if you think about it.

    Case 2 turned out bad for the player with bad attitude. He has a crosshair on his back, so his life is increasingly miserable once he gets to the top 50. Since he is a liability for everyone on PO or next to having their PO, he is a target and he does get attacked. A shard mate told us he does the same thing on fleet. It's his choice, he lives with the consequences, I don't care.

    I don't engage on such battles because I'm in Asia. This happens mostly during US POs, because they are more crowded.

    Well, I am not an ****. Not a friend of shardchat but a decent human being. I tried to take case 1(already wrote the story before) but didn’t get the chance. And that’s what I denounce.
  • Gawejn
    835 posts Member
    Montanz wrote: »
    Just be friendly with everyone and don’t step on toes we all want 500 crystals so we can keep up without spending money, long live shard chat.

    The thing that I think a lot of people fail to realize is this isn’t true for a lot of people. A lot of people don’t view arena as simply their crystal income. They like to actually play a game and compete with people. I personally had so much more fun back in the good ole days when Payouts were exciting and I was battling for spots. Even though my crystal income was so much less. Shard chats have made arena feel like a mundane job instead of a game.

    Yes, job not a game. And so many Players are reapting the same mantra about that we all should be friends and everyone should be first on their payout. No more competition, it is Just gone with the wind
  • Shadroth wrote: »
    Joining my shard chat - December 16’ -(during the Bastila meta) has allowed me access to new friends, strategies and guild connections/recruitment. I’m lucky because I share a po time with just one other player but I can understand where the frustration comes from in regaurd to being locked out of top 10/20.
    Honestly if you have another chance to join I would take it and enjoy what the broader community of swgoh has to offer.

    I will add my opinion that I don’t believe shard chat and organised po is cheating but I can only take reference from my experience which has been friendly at best and amicable at its worst (with a few 4-7 letter words being exchanged between shardies on the rare occasion).


    Already part of lots of communities, running a guild server, etc. Don’t need another but I get your point. And as I already stated this buckling up and sniping as a crowd without warning just because of assumptions showed me what this shardchat (don’t speak for all, what you described sounds like a decent chat/community) is: exactly the mafia I hate.
  • Gawejn
    835 posts Member
    Kenjiro wrote: »
    Shardchats don't destroy the fun. Uncooperative, selfish children do. They snipe people off their payouts and run here crying when they taste their own medicine. Adults handle this through communication and cooperation.

    I would love to snipe You from your payout everyday, Just for fun... Than You would cry all around to Your friends in your chat mafia and ask to help You. Adults? Childish behaviour
  • Noxfire27 wrote: »
    Curious, how far were you climbing in the past (ie. Before you got revan)? Seems like you're the new kid on the block. Need to give respect to get respect.
    I believe you when you say sniping others these past few days was unintentional. Dont agree that they should have reached out to you per se. You could have just as easily reached out to anyone of them as well, before messing with their payouts.

    Playing more than 3 years now, not „new“ neither „kid“. Give respect? Sounds like mafia-talk. Had ups and downs (can’t remember in detail), ranked quite high regularly before first time Revan, will for sure drop when there is Darth Revan. No problems with that. Was just happy to rank higher regularly with Revan. I can’t understand people who are that greedy that, although they rank high day after day for months and years, have to buckle up against someone just because he/she is now ablento compete with the top10. As I am not a whale it won’t last for very long. Better sit there and snipe against everyone because it’s their „right“ to rank there as if it was a monarchy.
    And you want me to ask everyone for permission? No, tell me if there is something that annoys you and I will be sensitive to that. I am not a supplicant who bows to the king for something.

    I understand that english is not your primary language, so think there's some misunderstanding. I was curious if you were reaching top 20 consistently over past 3 years or more like top 50+.
    Didnt say you needed to ask everyone for permission. But clear that you could've been more mindful in your climb.
    No one asked you to bow before the king. Based off your shard whale's earlier comment, seems like you should now know what you did to annoy multiple players in your arena. Balls in your court.
  • leef wrote: »
    Honest question to everyone who thinks shardchats take the competition out of Arena, what competition are you referring to? Endlessly sniping eachother because you can "all" easily beat eachothers teams?


    Obviously there are many different chats. Good ones where you just stay out of the payout time but don’t do anything further besides maybe some chatting, giving tips, strategies, etc-which I find quite ok. And I don’t refer to them when I say „cheating“.(maybe that wasn’t clear).
    And there are chats which build a wall, change teams/mods to help their chatmates to rank up (here is the part with the missing competition) and snipe together everyone down who is not in the chat.
    I am sure there are a lot chats in between these two. My personal problem is obviously I got an arena with a shardchat that is like the second described. At least for the sniping part
  • Gawejn
    835 posts Member
    Your ideas about shard chat and payout Time are Just wrong. This is Just mafia that claim to have the right to tell who and when should be first. And more those Players are expecting that it Will be respected by Players who are not in those groups. That is completely strange. Those chats groups they dont want competition. Arena should be for competition not for organizing a guild withing arena shard.
  • Noxfire27
    60 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    Curious, how far were you climbing in the past (ie. Before you got revan)? Seems like you're the new kid on the block. Need to give respect to get respect.
    I believe you when you say sniping others these past few days was unintentional. Dont agree that they should have reached out to you per se. You could have just as easily reached out to anyone of them as well, before messing with their payouts.

    Playing more than 3 years now, not „new“ neither „kid“. Give respect? Sounds like mafia-talk. Had ups and downs (can’t remember in detail), ranked quite high regularly before first time Revan, will for sure drop when there is Darth Revan. No problems with that. Was just happy to rank higher regularly with Revan. I can’t understand people who are that greedy that, although they rank high day after day for months and years, have to buckle up against someone just because he/she is now ablento compete with the top10. As I am not a whale it won’t last for very long. Better sit there and snipe against everyone because it’s their „right“ to rank there as if it was a monarchy.
    And you want me to ask everyone for permission? No, tell me if there is something that annoys you and I will be sensitive to that. I am not a supplicant who bows to the king for something.

    I understand that english is not your primary language, so think there's some misunderstanding. I was curious if you were reaching top 20 consistently over past 3 years or more like top 50+.
    Didnt say you needed to ask everyone for permission. But clear that you could've been more mindful in your climb.
    No one asked you to bow before the king. Based off your shard whale's earlier comment, seems like you should now know what you did to annoy multiple players in your arena. Balls in your court.

    I can’t remember but around rank 20, sometimes higher, sometimes lower I guess. I know I can’t stay Top10 as I play f2p. I am ok with that. But that „you annoy the king whales, we will hunt you down without telling you the reasons“ is the part I don’t like.

    Yeah nice that he told me here instead of ingame via short message. Great way to solve this and doesn’t look like exact the mafia-thing I stated, does it? Oh yes, and now he denies all further conversation, like a real adult would do. Seems like a „King Joffrey-syndrome“ ^^
  • Actually, it does not look like a "mafia-thing". Seems like you upset a few players over the past few days and they finally decided to hit back. Granted it was not done on purpose, but I'm sure you can see how that would make someone angry.

    You're upset they didnt respond ingame? They dont need to bow to you as if you're the king.

    Seriously, I'd suggest observing those that share your payout and the hour after over the next few days. Then avoid them on your climb and see what happens.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Crystals are the lifeblood of the game of which the majority comes from both Arenas. You can leave and join a new Guild any time of the day but you can never change the Arena leaderboard that you're in. I'd argue that you actually might have a better life playing nice with the people you're stuck with until the game dies or you quit.

    I agree with you but what happens if you’re stuck in a shard chat with unreasonable and horrible people.

    My friend was in a shard chat and the leader ran it like a tyrant.

    They had some minor falling out over payout timing and my friend was then booted and is now targeted every day all day.

    Shard chats ruin this game. They are corrupt. They give players a massively unfair advantage.

    It’s bullying.
  • Actually, it does not look like a "mafia-thing". Seems like you upset a few players over the past few days and they finally decided to hit back. Granted it was not done on purpose, but I'm sure you can see how that would make someone angry.

    You're upset they didnt respond ingame? They dont need to bow to you as if you're the king.

    Seriously, I'd suggest observing those that share your payout and the hour after over the next few days. Then avoid them on your climb and see what happens.

    As an adult you talk to people who do something wrong (in your eyes). Tell them. That’s not „bowing“ before me. That’s just a normal human interaction.
  • Mol_Eliza123
    14 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Well now you know you did something wrong by messing with a few players' payouts. What are you going to do about it as an adult?
  • leef
    12821 posts Member
    Well now you know you did something wrong by messing with a few players' payouts. What are you going to do about it as an adult?

    complain about it to mommy on the forum.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Well now you know you did something wrong by messing with a few players' payouts. What are you going to do about it as an adult?

    As I already said I tried to write him, declined it. As you asked: For the future I won’t hit others right before full hours outside of my payout. Didn’t look at the time when attacking until now, will change that. I didn’t say I won’t change my behavior. As an adult I try to improve myself even if they won’t. It’s not that I am unwilling to admit errors, it’s the way how they handled the situation
  • Yes, you're upset about how they handled the situation... that you created.

    I am glad that you're going to change your behavior and agree 100% on how you plan to handle things in the future.

    Wish you the best and hope they leave you be. I know we would... in my arena's shard chat. :)
  • Yes, you're upset about how they handled the situation... that you created.

    I am glad that you're going to change your behavior and agree 100% on how you plan to handle things in the future.

    Wish you the best and hope they leave you be. I know we would... in my arena's shard chat. :)

    Well, I didn’t complain about someone telling me I should stay away from their payout but the handling of the situation and that shardchats have a mafia-like power. But thanks, hope they’ll leave me be (it’s sad enough that I have to hope and that’s exactly the thing I wanted to point out with my post).
  • leef
    12821 posts Member
    Noxfire27 wrote: »
    Yes, you're upset about how they handled the situation... that you created.

    I am glad that you're going to change your behavior and agree 100% on how you plan to handle things in the future.

    Wish you the best and hope they leave you be. I know we would... in my arena's shard chat. :)

    Well, I didn’t complain about someone telling me I should stay away from their payout but the handling of the situation and that shardchats have a mafia-like power. But thanks, hope they’ll leave me be (it’s sad enough that I have to hope and that’s exactly the thing I wanted to point out with my post).

    maybe it's worth pointing out that even without a shardchat that operates like, in your words, the maffia, if you're gonna screw up people's pay-outs, they will target you.
    I'm on a pretty laid back shard chat. It has happened that it turns out multiple people on the shard chat were already targetting a specific guy eventhough his name wasn't even mentioned yet in the shardchat. Since my shardcat is pretty laid back, it very rarely happens that someone gets mentioned by name in the chat and it's always because he's climbing outside of his PO.
    Moral of the story is that if you're being a nuisance, there doesn't need to be a coordinated effort if multiple individual players are retaliating. People love to blame it on the big bad shardchats though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Couldn't agree more. Shard chats destroy any competitiveness and to be honest its quite annoying seeing teams that don't belong in the top 20 because they are being protected by their shard mates.

    1. The top 20-30 or so players in most shards can all beat each other. So is your idea of competition clock management?
    2. I can only speak for my shard, but the teams in the shard chat are all far better than the ones not in. If for no other reason than the members in the chat have long discussed the best ways to mod and beat various comps with the other members.
  • Easybee wrote: »
    2. The system is broken, fair play is of no interest to the devs, and their failure to uphold it is a moral abdication.

    Lol. I hate to break it to you, but the entire freemium gaming system is a moral abdication by developers that we all just happen to be willingly participating in......
  • SirCrankz wrote: »
    And this with weaker player coming out of nowhere is most of the time not true. In fact, the admins of my shard Mafia have the worst guilds and the worst rosters. They were just the first to come up with the chat! That's all!! And they spice on the fair of better players getting kicked!
    So if all the better players are kicked from the chat, why not make a counter chat and grind the crappy players?

    SirCrankz wrote: »
    But even if player is coming out of nowhere. So wait, maybe he just start taking the game now more seriously. How the earlier decision on your part to do so justifice your right to always be on top?
    There is no such thing as a "right" to a payout. But there is such a thing as ensuring you get one.
    SirCrankz wrote: »
    You mean once a player is behind, he is not allowed to compete ever again. What a non-sense.... seriously.
    You are allowed to do whatever you want within the rules of the game. That said when multiple people want the same crystals, the one who has taken the better steps to get them is likely going to win more often than not.
    SirCrankz wrote: »
    but just to snipe people during their payouts by members of the shard mafia that already had their PO or have lets say 10 hours to their next... that is just a ****.

    People with later payouts are being protected. Those players went to the effort to have a social game. You didn't.
    SirCrankz wrote: »
    And btw that is exactly what i am doing. I snipe every single member of the Mafia at their payouts (as long as i have the opportunity) and give them the taste of their own medicine. Funny thing is they start calling me nolife and so on just for giving them from their own medicine. Not that i care. I just find the hypocricy funny.

    Must be a weak shard chat if they let a threat stay anywhere near the top 10 during their payouts. Either that, or CG really thanks you for your donation.
  • Kyno
    21616 posts Moderator
    Sorry had to close this one, we all know this is a touchy subject, but there is no need for bickering and name calling.

    Everyone has a different experience of the situation, if we cant be respectful of this, the conversation will be closed.
This discussion has been closed.