New update...Watch out when you sim!

Replies

• Personally, I like doing small number of sims (3-4) at a time because for example, if you are only looking for 5 pieces, you might get lucky the first couple of times and use less energy. Instead of going to max sims and wasting 160 to get gear you don't need, you only use 70-80.
  • CrysSyling
    41 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This is by far the worst of the QOL updates. Seriously - were people asking for this, or are you pretending this was a real feature request from players? This is beyond stupid and seems like an attempt to disguise a cash grab as a QOL change. Before someone who wanted to sim all available attempts could accidentally sim 1 before they realized and moved the slider. But now someone who wants to sim 1 attempt might accidentally spend a good deal of their energy on a single node. This needs an immediate fix as it is not player friendly
  • I, for one, love the change. I get most of my gear from shops so it's unlikely that I will ever sim for less than the maximum number of attempts
  • Division I sense
  • Created an account here just to join the don't like new "feature" team:
    I usually sim 1 at a time.
    Since I usually farm 4-7 different nodes.
    Never had an issue sliding the bar all the way to the right when needed.
    WIll have to adjust to now slide it all the way to the left for each sim.
  • CrysSyling
    41 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    @IDinDooNuffin not quite. But as QOL, it seems like it should be a change to make life few easier for (most) everyone. Given the complaints, it seems it doesn't make life easier universally. It should either be a user setting or some other way to make it easier to sim all attempts without complicating it for people who don't
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member

I only sim 2 hits at a time because I received advice a while ago that this gives the best returns (after experimenting imo it is true).

Please tell me, does it actually increases drop rate ?
  • This is such a horrible change. I just spent all my energy on nothing because I forgot that they totally broke simming. I only ever Sim 2 at a time and I only needed one piece of gear. Please cg change this back.
  • What the guy above me said. Change it back.
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    No difference between 2 or 20 sims on overall % based drop chance

Is it % based? Or more roll of the dice?

In statistics, 10% = 0.1 but for example the EAR equation is (r + 1)^n -1 so (0.1 + 1) to the power of 10-1 (lets say 10 sims) so this is 1.1 to to the power of 10 - 1 = 1.59 compared to 0.1, or 1.1 so statistically, simming as a compound over separate attempts yields higher rewards. Basically the greater number of attempts increases the reward.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »

I only sim 2 hits at a time because I received advice a while ago that this gives the best returns (after experimenting imo it is true).

Please tell me, does it actually increases drop rate ?

It may not, but it feels more successful to me. I did 16 single (1sim) attempts today on fallen bast, got 9 shards. That's a normal day for me. Yesterday was a lil better.
    I don't have a ton of data to throw out there, even if I did it wouldn't be enough to statistically prove anything.
  • Guys. This is a bad change. Some of you may not accidentally spend your energy today, but I promise it'll happen.
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Here is a mental exercise for everyone who thinks simming 1-2 at a time matters, or that they lower drop rates on characters when purchasable packs are available:

1) How many employees do you think work at CG?
    2) How many of them do you think have either quit or been fired in the 3+ years SWGOH has been running?
    3) Of those how many do you think left/were let go on bad terms?

Now, in that 3 years is it not odd that not one of those employees, wanting to get "revenge", has not posted anything anywhere on the internet about how CG manipulates these values like has been theorized? Or posted a snippet of the code that shows these alterations? I know its popular to hate on EA for lousy customer service, and greedy practices, but imagine the **** storm if there was actual proof of these kinds of manipulations. Yet that evidence, or even suggestion of it, seems to be lacking.

Further, considering some counties laws requiring drop rates on loot boxes... now granted node farming doesn't show drop rates, but do you think EA really wants to get into the legal tangle that would bring if said countries want to tighten those laws down even further? Sure, they could change their data at the time such laws further required percent details on everything come out, but really...

These things are myths.

Capital Games used NDA...

... It’s Super Effective!
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    w1uiyoqj7okw.png
    vw0pkihbo57v.png
    h6z59tuxes6i.png
    9ay5lz0bzup3.png
    ccklpab5rrdj.png
    3j2i35854few.png
    git0jgok1aou.png
    In all fairness I tried this and its shown the same rewards, could be a coincidence, but probably not. I’ve always did 3 sims at a time for years because I feel that I get more shards dropping but I choose to do it this way, mainly because I’ve simmed 8 battles and got zero shards then trying it bit by bit and got at least got 1-2 shards.

I also made notes of this:
    T3 - c = crystal refresh

28/01 - 2, c5, c3 = 10
    29/01 - 2, 2, c6, 2, c6 =18
    30/01 - 1, 1, c3, c0, 2, c4, 1, =12
    31/01 - c3, 1 = 4

Now this was by simming 3 at a time, unfortunately I never tried a max sim for T3
  • My problem with it is, what's the point? We're all used to is starting at 1 sim and sliding it up to spend what we want. Why change it? I can't imagine it serving any purpose other than to irritate people when the forget to change the slider.
  • NeKryXe
    38 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    they really destroyed the game with this new slider set to max bug.
  • Angelloyd wrote: »
    This just proves that people just complain about anything

It also proves some people will defend everything EA does, even when it serves no purpose or is a detriment.
  • Guys. This is a bad change. Some of you may not accidentally spend your energy today, but I promise it'll happen.

it already happened a few times.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    Guys. This is a bad change. Some of you may not accidentally spend your energy today, but I promise it'll happen.

Only crystal buyers would want max sims proving this game is moving to pay to play only
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    Guys. This is a bad change. Some of you may not accidentally spend your energy today, but I promise it'll happen.

Only crystal buyers would want max sims proving this game is moving to pay to play only

oh! i see. that explains a lot.
  • Terrible change. I agree with you guys. Sorry to all the guys that simmed 20!
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Gannon wrote: »

Businesses like this require employees to sign NDAs, and only give enough information to complete their assignments. Using a lack of information as the basis of your argument is a weird way to respond.
    Either way, it's still just your opinion.

Are those like the NDA's that get signed not to leak information out?

Of course they use NDA's, and every employee at every company who uses NDA's strictly follow them, never posts anonymously, or anything like that. That anonymity, of course, makes it hard to verify a source, but we don't even have a source in this case. CG has better and more effective ways of making money than by trying to get people to spend a couple hundred extra crystals over a 1-2 week period to get the same "drop rate".

And that doesn't even touch on the other myth that simming 2-3 at a time yields better results.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Hey folks, let's keep to the topic started by the OP, if you want to discuss the merits of simming 1 or 2 at a time or all at once make a thread for it. Get this back on topic please and stop with the bickering
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    RebelLion wrote: »
    My problem with it is, what's the point? We're all used to is starting at 1 sim and sliding it up to spend what we want. Why change it? I can't imagine it serving any purpose other than to irritate people when the forget to change the slider.

I don't have to slide to max anymore for the overwhelming majority of nodes i farm. It seems a rather obvious benefit of this update, not sure how you can't imagine it serving a purpose.
    I can understand to a certain degree that some may not like the update, but saying you can't even imagine it serving a purpose is just ..... Did you even give it some thought before commenting?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gannon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Madpup wrote: »
    For people saying there is no difference between doing max sims and doing 1-2 sims at a time, you are wrong. The devs can say whatever they like, but there is zero way my sims done 1-2 at a time and a Max sim are treated the same way. I consistently receive less rewards when doing larger and Max sims than compared to simming 1-2 at a time. This is espessially true when simming for mod gear for whatever reason. When doing a Max sim on mod gear I receive 1 piece of gear or less per sim at last 75% of the time. When I sim 2 at a time the total amount of gear when I'm done simming is 1 piece of gear or more per sim at least 75% of the time. It's not even close. If I Max sim for mod gear, I'm wasting my energy, period end of discussion.

@Madpup would you mind posting your data sets so we can all see these % and verify your calculations. The more data the community has the better picture we can get of the potential benefits of sim count vs rewards.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'd like to chime in. Most of my guild farms the same teams at the same times, and have for years. Those who farm all out (max energy at one time) are always behind. In my experience, high cost nodes work best at 1 sim per. Mid cost is 2 per. Low cost is 3 per. It may be completely superstition, but those who farm this way are always ahead, many of them ready to get Darth revan f2p and all.
    I wish we all recorded data and statistics to prove it to everyone else, but we don't go that far. It's just a personal choice (or superstition) that a lot of ppl go by.

The funny thing is, we have seen almost no correlation. Again not recorded, but just the general consensus of asking who's donedurring the panic farm, where they started and how much energy they used, it always changes or is a group that finish the same day who farm differently. I used to also.
  • This change sux, regardless of drop rate, I’ve wasted more energy in the last 24 hours, I’m considering a post-it note on my phone that says “WATCH YOUR SIM LEVEL!” The post that mentioned muscle-memory is spot-on, a lot of this game is automatic - nobody can deny that. Eventually we’ll learn to automatically slide the selector back each and every time, but until then what a pain in neck! EA will only profit off this move; and the little amount they will profit, especially off panic farmers, only shows the vicious extent of their greed.
  • I hate the sim slider change, I hope it goes back to normal. Default should be 1 sim not maximum.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    PS If you only wanted 1 piece of gear and say it wiped out 200 energy and you were going to use it on other needed gear and shards...imo, that stinks.

QFE. Nothing like needing 1 scrap item and using all your energy for it. Return it to how it was or let it retain your last setting with the # simmed.
  • wyan
    2 posts Member
    Why are people so angry in this thread? He’s trying to help. I needed one piece of 6 energy gear. I sinned once didn’t get it and then bought a refresh of 120 energy. When I went to sim 1 battle again (which it would automatically set it at pre update) it automatically maxed out my attempts and I simmed 24 times instead of once. I don’t know about you guys but this game has become second nature to me and i do things reflexibly now without reading the pop ups every time.

He was just trying to give you a heads up so it doesn’t happen to you. Simmer down.
  • I understand the frustration, just like when they moved the bronzium pack location. People were reflexively scrolling all the way any accidentally using crystals on a chromium. It is a habit formed after years of playing the game.

That said, I think it is a great new feature. When I farm, I max out all of the attempts so it saves me a step because I don't have to move the slider.