Update on zFinn Changes Coming Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Obi_Gyn
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This "sorry for the inconvenience" is ****...not only do u ruin a toon because a new toon effects him in a poorly designed way, but u make us waste many other recources on an otherwise useless toon, such as omegas and gear.. I'm tired of investing time and money in specific squads and toons, only to have them ruined shortly after I finish investing... I dont know how much more of this I can put up with
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I mentioned this way back when the zFinn changes were first being discussed by CG. I'm super frustrated. I may be fairly unique here, but this makes two consecutive arena teams for me that have been nerfed out of existence. Yes, I ran Nightsisters prior to zFinn/3PO in arena.
    What are you talking about?

The zombie rework was a buff for the Nightsisters in arena, and they're among the very few teams who can get a decent shot against Revan in a straight fight.
    Still not a he.
  • Have to say I agree with the nerf. This team beats any team that doesn’t start with tenacity up in 60 seconds or less, makes DR too easily countered in arena. I think a p3 solo was not an issue as guilds have had that on farm for several months now.

The nerf was needed to bring Diversity back to arena.

However, I understand people’s rebuttle about this being nerfed for auto on p3... but JKR has been untouched despite doninating arena and TW for 6 months.

I think CG for once deserve credit, they did warn us about this over a month ago and are refunding the zetas. I don’t think the nerf had to be this brutal though it destroys Finn Poe and Res Pilot completely. A little rng to hit kit would of been enough, such as hitting an expose has a 60% chance to grant TM and reduce cooldowns. Atleast then 3 characters wouldn’t be obliterated from the game.

Pros and cons to this but the communication was good.
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/199463/update-on-zfinn-changes-coming-next-update#latest

Okay so i read that post, worth investing in Finn again??? Seems like it’s a tad better than before. Just want to know opinions as i havan’t much knowledge on this character/team for that matter.

I presume we’ll get the update tonight or thursday? Or next mid week? I can’t remember when they release patches.
  • Lumpawarump
    111 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I mentioned this way back when the zFinn changes were first being discussed by CG. I'm super frustrated. I may be fairly unique here, but this makes two consecutive arena teams for me that have been nerfed out of existence. Yes, I ran Nightsisters prior to zFinn/3PO in arena.

The zombie rework was a buff for the Nightsisters in arena, and they're among the very few teams who can get a decent shot against Revan in a straight fight.
    The zombie rework was not the arena nerf, and i don't think anyone would call removing the paper zombie effect a "nerf." Re-working Acolyte and removing her double tap was the nerf. You know, the last time a toon change triggered by interaction with the STR resulted in a giant thread that CG ignored.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/177940/preventing-critolyte-second-pass-mega/p1
    Post edited by Lumpawarump on
  • Val_Galahadred
    442 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Update tonight. Some aspects will be better, but the TM train won't be quite the same as before. We'll have to wait and see whether it'll be worth putting the Zeta back on. Expect we'll know within the next 24-48 hours from whales and Gamechangers whether the leader Zeta is worth it.

Also, he gets the most out of a pure Resistance team than before, when you could mix Resistance and some Rebels and really go to town. Han, CLS, and Chewbacca won't be as good a fit now.

• I think CG for once deserve credit, they did warn us about this over a month ago and are refunding the zetas. I don’t think the nerf had to be this brutal though it destroys Finn Poe and Res Pilot completely.

That's my problem, on paper at this point.... Their previous nerf of 2 toons (HK and Finn) have had massive impacts on like 8 other guys and that doesn't even take account for B1 and Droidecka who showed how easy it is to work around HK's lead who are nerfed even further for not allowing crits or any of the reduced TM gain
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    His special and basic abilities are 10000x better, but his lead is 10000x worse.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

Further evidence that you really don’t have a good sense for the changes and their impact, or fail to pay attention to them.

Nothing to do with zombie. Acolyte changes had a big impact on NS arena efficacy, despite CG claiming the change would have no impact outside of the raid.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Now that zFinn got nerfed we can finally have some great resistance toons again. You could tell that like HKs lead, the devs were in a corner with making newer resistance toons (Giving high CD and expose synergy without applying expose)
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Further evidence that you really don’t have a good sense for the changes and their impact, or fail to pay attention to them.

Nothing to do with zombie. Acolyte changes had a big impact on NS arena efficacy, despite CG claiming the change would have no impact outside of the raid.
    Acolyte? Seriously?

Acolyte sisters is a gimmick. Spirit's been the far stronger choice since release against anything that has an AoE.
    Still not a he.
  • I see, i appreciate the feedback, if you hear or any videos or other feedback after the patch up, please do comment so i can make a decision to zeta him
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Acolyte? Seriously?

Acolyte sisters is a gimmick. Spirit's been the far stronger choice since release against anything that has an AoE.

Yes, Acolyte, for its double tap to hit through foresight and double rez.

There’s literally a whole thread on it linked above for you. I would also add that that change/post seemed to be the real turning point for when CG communication went down the tubes after their renewed commitment for a while.
  • I mentioned this way back when the zFinn changes were first being discussed by CG. I'm super frustrated. I may be fairly unique here, but this makes two consecutive arena teams for me that have been nerfed out of existence. Yes, I ran Nightsisters prior to zFinn/3PO in arena.

I get that I am F2P (after playing since launch, my first $ ever spent was on a pack for Droideka, because I love droids - what a mess that has been) and so I'm not the focus for CG. I don't have Revan (I focused on farming other toons to help my guild in TB) so I'm currently not able to follow the meta. I haven't focused on the farming needed for Darth Revan, so this event will pass me by. I should able to get Revan the next time he appears but if I gear him up that will just make me another one of the 90%+ using Revan in arena.

CG, you keep breaking the game, and have chosen to address it by breaking it further rather than fixing the Sith Triumvirate raid (where the problems actually are). You're going to need to nerf CLS next, and oh boy, you think folks are upset about a change to zFinn, wait until you see how a nerf to a heroic toon will go over.

Agree. This is third time since i came back to game they have nerfed fun toons
  • OB1_Kenobi_2016
    12 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This was not the solution CG should have been looking for. zFinn should have been left to go about his business. CG should have moved along to consider other solutions to the game, such as adjusting Raid Treya to prevent the infinite loop, perhaps capping the number of times her ™ can be affected.

They should also have remembered their failure at the cave, in the earlier iteration of the Sith Raid, where it was too hard at the lower levels, and not worth pursuing for the vast majority of their customer base. Having one phase that could be beaten relatively easily actually served a useful purpose for Guilds building up to the Heroic Sith Raid; it gave them hope - Rebellions are built on hope. They should have remembered that.

As for the other parts of the game, zFinn beating the HAAT was entirely satisfactory. This was an old raid, with (GK shards aside) mostly disappoint rewards. Top Hat had even acknowledge that 3PO could assist in beating this raid, and let it go. The fact that zFinn also helped should not have mattered.

zFinn, RT and Poe beating meta teams was also good for the game. Whilst they could win on offence, it required impressive, most impressive (to quote my old padawan) mods, and was not very effective on defence. The current meta needs variety, it has been more than 80% Revan for too long (and is currently 95% if you include Darth Revan). That is not good for the game, or the profitability of the game. Everyone needs to invest in one team, and then repeated complete mirror matches to rise in the arena. Frustration leads to resentment. Resentment leads to anger. Anger at a game leads customer to play other games. This is not good for business.

The offer of the refund, and the repeated interaction with the player base is to be thanked and encouraged.

I thank you, CG for the refund. But this was not the solution you should have been looking for. There was another.
  • Lol the rework had to be done during this GA??? Are we worried that a zfinn, Poe, RT team would beat the new Darth Revan?

I don’t know how much speed I’d have to give Poe to even come close to being faster than Darth Revan.
  • Finn's zeta was one of the best investments I've ever made in this game, and it sucks that it has to be nerfed, but with C3PO added to the mix, it was broken (it was pretty close anyway for a while there).

I'm just glad they've come to their senses and decided that if they're going to change the zeta that they should refund the materials used to upgrade it (including the zetas). The fact that they said they weren't going to before was the real bush-league move. You can justify changing the ability, there's no excuse not to give back the materials people invested in the ability pre-change.
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/199463/update-on-zfinn-changes-coming-next-update#latest

Okay so i read that post, worth investing in Finn again??? Seems like it’s a tad better than before. Just want to know opinions as i havan’t much knowledge on this character/team for that matter.

I presume we’ll get the update tonight or thursday? Or next mid week? I can’t remember when they release patches.

It’s far far worse. His turn meter gain from his leadership ability is going from 35% from each expose to 3%!!!..........3%.
  • Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    Finn's zeta was one of the best investments I've ever made in this game, and it sucks that it has to be nerfed, but with C3PO added to the mix, it was broken (it was pretty close anyway for a while there).

I'm just glad they've come to their senses and decided that if they're going to change the zeta that they should refund the materials used to upgrade it (including the zetas). The fact that they said they weren't going to before was the real bush-league move. You can justify changing the ability, there's no excuse not to give back the materials people invested in the ability pre-change.

Yea but they really should refund the gear and credits too. If you have a g12 Finn then what’s the point of having all level 1 abilities?

He’s now just extra GP on my roster to help, umm, with GA matchmaking.
  • So you push this update during Grand Arena????

Now I have that count towards my GP, can't use him the way I know how to, and have to pretend that you didn't just screw me and many, many, many other people.
  • zFinn was the only chance I had in SA nowadays. Impossible now unless I bow down to the paywall since it’ll take months to F2P farm for JKR and DR.
  • Finn has been one of my favourite Characters for over a year g12’d and zeta so because some Whale was crying about being beat we have to lose one of the best toons .. that’s it I quit ... not one more dime , finding and exploiting loopholes in video games have been around since Pong and Mario , you didn’t see Nintendo say oh no there is a flaw sorry folks you are now forced not to use the glitch , Ruinind Finn , ruined Daka , ruined zombie so you could squeeze a few more bucks ... sorry I find that disturbing
  • Incompetence
  • I’m curious to hear from the people saying the change makes finn a better toon...
  • Have to say I agree with the nerf. This team beats any team that doesn’t start with tenacity up in 60 seconds or less, makes DR too easily countered in arena. I think a p3 solo was not an issue as guilds have had that on farm for several months now.

The nerf was needed to bring Diversity back to arena.

However, I understand people’s rebuttle about this being nerfed for auto on p3... but JKR has been untouched despite doninating arena and TW for 6 months.

I think CG for once deserve credit, they did warn us about this over a month ago and are refunding the zetas. I don’t think the nerf had to be this brutal though it destroys Finn Poe and Res Pilot completely. A little rng to hit kit would of been enough, such as hitting an expose has a 60% chance to grant TM and reduce cooldowns. Atleast then 3 characters wouldn’t be obliterated from the game.

Pros and cons to this but the communication was good.

Diversity in the arena, are you kidding? You literally can't be serious
  • Some of these comments are HILARIOUS!!!! Let’s be honest, we know why Finn was nerfed. EA lost a bunch of money last quarter so we must all pay for that. That’s why we can complain about mirror matches and nothing happens. That’s why they promise GG is going to kill the Revan meta but it didn’t. The whales complained and EA is going with the money because they lost so much. No one wants to play their micro transaction pay to win games. They could have charged me to play this game. I would’ve paid. It use to be great. But the fact you spend months to gear toons you’ll never be able use is frustrating. People complain EA doesn’t listen. The bottom dollar ladies and gentlemen that’s all that matters. They’ll kill this game and squeeze ever last cent out us. No one pays attention how the drop rates go down right around the time events come out for the toons. There’s a reason when you open the store there’s all those pay walls. People will pay to keep up. If you don’t pay EA won’t listen. Time and effort and you enjoying a good game does not matter. Your wallet does though. Enjoy the game while it lasts. Thanks for a great game that you killed before it’s time. Now delete my posts because I didn’t praise this dying games excellence.