Update on zFinn Changes Coming Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Lumpawarump
    111 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Pre-nerf this afternoon I walked over a zzDarth Revan squad.
    Post-nerf (yes, I put the zeta back on him) I got steamrolled by a CLS+3PO team. I didn't even get a second turn. 3PO was dead right off of the bat. This is a team I would beat all of the time before the change.
    Back to the drawing board I guess.
  • What was the loophole in Pong?
  • Lots of general kenobi leads in arena for new zinn
  • Gorem wrote: »
    the new kit actually looks like it is interesting and fun to play if I am being honest. I am strongly thinking about giving it a whirl.

Only that the new kit here is worse then the original new kit we were getting. This is a nerfed version of the nerfed kit.
    I don't know. I never really used Finn. I am willing to give it a whirl seeing how it plays out.
  • Арена! А сможет ли Фин на арене бить Ревана как раньше?
  • So not only the community is ignored, but being 3 omegas short and shorted quite alot of purple mats on return of zets only to start at ability lvl1 is ****. You only take.
  • Well that was clear as mud. Why change an existing toon when they could have just not put out a broken 3p0
  • honestly ... this was a stupid change. Stupid reasons, stupid excuses all around. Bad management. This change is all about the horrible sith raid. Lord forbid, someone have an edge, or be able to solo something in that god foresaken raid, especially at this point, where it's pretty much on farm status anyway. They must protect their precious.

the problem never was finn ... it's c3p0, plain and simple. They're too stubborn to admit it, they're too stupid to fix it, so they HAVE to bone another toon.

This will continue to occur, so get used to it. Every new toon 'out shines' the next. THAT can't last. House of cards is starting to fall, and with each new stupid f up, more players leave.
  • Thank u for downgrading Finn's ability before GA.
    Now i have useless toon, with ability on 1 level - locked to GA.
    Dear CG, use yours brain before do something.
  • Dynamiczny wrote: »
    Thank u for downgrading Finn's ability before GA.
    Now i have useless toon, with ability on 1 level - locked to GA.
    Dear CG, use yours brain before do something.

That would imply the possession of a brain ...
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    It appears that this change is definitely going to be lacklustre after CG _Tophat said, “our internal testing has shown that Finn matches or exceeds where he was prior to C-3PO's launch”

and “we have no intention of refunding the zeta associated with him”

After telling us that this won’t be a nerf to Finn, he’ll still be viable. Looks like they’ve just said nerf him and refund his mats. It was disappointing to read, it even felt uninspired.

I doubt I’ll put the zeta back on him now.
  • Just tried soloing tank raid and only got through 20% of P2. That lead me here. Is this because of the nerf?
  • Mo_man78 wrote: »
    Just tried soloing tank raid and only got through 20% of P2. That lead me here. Is this because of the nerf?

Be careful you have to manually upgrade him.

I tried him with out the zeta and got the same lol

• It’s teally all I want to know. If the new zeta can do the same to haat
  • Wow y'all nerf Finn but not that **** Han Solo Falcon thats op as **** because its not like people who wasn't able to unlock him to compete against an opponent with a shittyship squad who has a 5* Han Falcon that rapes others that don't have him. So CG, how about y'all rework and nerf that crap
  • Seems like, with the reoccurring changes to different characters, that it’s the Sith Raid that is the main problem.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Why do this DURING GA AND NOT AFTER?

now we all have a zeta that can't be used in GA? We also all lost a leader for 3v3?

Sif do this during GA...
  • The new zinn love can really be felt
  • The Zeta refund was given after GA player lock. Finn will still be zeta'd if you had him zeta'd yesterday for this GA
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    So, the controversial Finn rework/nerf came into effect, with lead materials refunded, as promised on the 2nd statement.

In all fairness, there was, indeed, another statement that the rework would go live on the next update, before the end of the week.

The big problem was the update going live just before GA locks up, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, IF YOU LIVE IN ASIA. You know, some little place where the bulk of the world's population actually is?

I've been very critical of the rework indeed, but I praised several times taking due time to implement it. If you waited this long, why do it now, when a lot of people are asleep and we missed the small window to at least bring his lead back to level 7, to have some use in GA??

I need 10 teams on defense and, at the very least, another 10 on offense!!

Now we are (well, I am) stuck in GA with only 1 Resistance lead (who will probably be paired with 2 droids) and some highly developed characters under a level 1 lead for the entire event.

Only 2 options available:

1. You never thought of this, which could indicate a poor planning;

2. You knew this would happen and pushed it through anyway, which could indicate you don't really care.

Either one is bad. Not as bad as the rework looks, though, but bad.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    SilentB0B wrote: »
    The Zeta refund was given after GA player lock. Finn will still be zeta'd if you had him zeta'd yesterday for this GA

Nope. Check your Finn on GA. Mine is reworked.
  • Mine is fully intact, change came after player lock
  • mvmss wrote: »
    The Zeta refund was given after GA player lock. Finn will still be zeta'd if you had him zeta'd yesterday for this GA

Same mine locked with him at lvl1 leadership.. the way it was wrote made it seem like we were going to be able to test the new zeta.

Also they only refunded the amount for the zeta. Not the other 6 levels. So it was a pretty big L in my opinion.
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    mvmss wrote: »

Same mine locked with him at lvl1 leadership.. the way it was wrote made it seem like we were going to be able to test the new zeta.

Also they only refunded the amount for the zeta. Not the other 6 levels. So it was a pretty big L in my opinion.

That was pretty shady of them, if you reset my abilities back to 1 , the resources i invested in this resource management game should be refunded in total. Not just for the top tier.
  • Kyle_StarPower
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Nobody really cares about the Rancor. Especially since it's simable now. The devs did say that they were fine with how the Finn team could solo the tank raid mostly on auto. That's the one I'm really concerned about.

That right! So long time making and remaking this adjust for Finn, and mess all the thing! They said that will not affect Tank, only STR, and look!
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »

No they refunded it correctly. The lead was only 20 purple, 10 omega and 20 zetas.

They refunded 20 zetas, 10 omegas, 34 purple and whatever green and blues were used. Forget off the top of my head. No one got shorted on the materials used. It's just not enough for the 30 purples 13 omega zeta abilities.

We can be mad about the timing of it, the rework itself (it sucks, he hits like crap, even with the scaling attacks), them not fixing the real issue of c-3po, breaking an established team for a raid that's a year old. But not for refunding incorrectly.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We flagged this, it does seem that Finn is not as promised with a fully upgraded new Leader ability.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    So that's interesting, in the GA my Finn's lead is still zeta'd, only of course its the reworked kit version of Finn.

However outside of it its refunded. Get to have some fun with a leader who will only have 2 other Resistance at most, who I never really levelled since before you didn't have to. So, still not that useful at all.

Quite Glad I didn't waste too much resources on Resistance :)