My Syndicated Arena

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nawwww people that are complaining the most just got their shiny Jedi or Darth Revan and all the sudden decide to be competitive in a shard they had or wanted nothing to do with do for years. Now those people who show up out of the blue deserve automatic rotations or top spots over the same people who came up with a coordinated chat? No they earn them.

If someone new comes to our chat they have to be a nuisance and being willing to take a lower payout for trust. Once they earned our trust after a few weeks by not knocking shardmates back, they are either brought into a rotation or they may or someone already in the chat may move times so there is only 1 or two people in most spots at a time so the rewards are higher.

The reason why a shard chat exists is because it would be difficult to rotate 500+ Active players a day in a 24 hour window. Actually that costs the chat way more crystals. So unless you want to play with that many people to ensure the entire shard gets a fair payout most chats are limited between 15-30 players that watch after each other. They also make the most investments in the game regarding time and sometimes even money.

Don’t be mad and salty because you aren’t part of the club you either didn’t invest into from the start or refuse to join. Get outta here.

And this is why I don’t like shard chats. It’s hard to say that new members think they’re entitled when people act like this.

But nevertheless, we must deal with them.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nawwww people that are complaining the most just got their shiny Jedi or Darth Revan and all the sudden decide to be competitive in a shard they had or wanted nothing to do with do for years. Now those people who show up out of the blue deserve automatic rotations or top spots over the same people who came up with a coordinated chat? No they earn them.

If someone new comes to our chat they have to be a nuisance and being willing to take a lower payout for trust. Once they earned our trust after a few weeks by not knocking shardmates back, they are either brought into a rotation or they may or someone already in the chat may move times so there is only 1 or two people in most spots at a time so the rewards are higher.

The reason why a shard chat exists is because it would be difficult to rotate 500+ Active players a day in a 24 hour window. Actually that costs the chat way more crystals. So unless you want to play with that many people to ensure the entire shard gets a fair payout most chats are limited between 15-30 players that watch after each other. They also make the most investments in the game regarding time and sometimes even money.

Don’t be mad and salty because you aren’t part of the club you either didn’t invest into from the start or refuse to join. Get outta here.

And this is why I don’t like shard chats. It’s hard to say that new members think they’re entitled when people act like this.

So you think what I’m saying is too harsh?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

So you think what I’m saying is too harsh?

In a way, I understand it. But I do think it is a little harsh. I’m not competitive, however, and the nature of these chats is not my business. Sorry Andy my comment was harsh
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    10.5k views? Wowzers.

Useful discussion ceased long ago. Now it's just a lot of gnashing of teeth and everyone secretly realizing I was right way back on page 1. ;)

• Options
    Lol I agree. @Kyno can you close this? Nothing productive going on here with the back and forth.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps it’d be beneficial to give players an option to purchase a shard transfer if they’re experiencing shard bullying, or even if they’re on an over or low populated/inactive shard.

i think most people would pay to be on an inactive shard instead of the other way around, haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Lol at dorks harassing people in a shard. Do people really do that?

"Harassment" is a term often used by players who don't get what they want, even if it's not really harassment.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Lol at dorks harassing people in a shard. Do people really do that?

saying they're dorks is harrasment!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    stop bullying them !
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I have noticed overuse of both "harassment" and "entitled" on these forums. Seems a little thin-skinned sometimes. Maybe I'm just old.

I got my kids their first computer for school and created user accounts for all of us. I chose Ep 3 Obi One picture for kicks.

My 9 year old said "He looks a lot like you!"

My 6 year old said "Except you need the beard from the other Obi One."

/sigh
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Yeah I have noticed overuse of both "harassment" and "entitled" on these forums. Seems a little thin-skinned sometimes. Maybe I'm just old.

i quite enjoy the "entitled" argument.
    It applies to both sides of the argument and both use it like it only applies to the other side.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Why has this thread not been closed yet. The productive talk happened 11 pages ago
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Why has this thread not been closed yet. The productive talk happened 11 pages ago

you actually mean 12 pages right? ;p
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

you actually mean 12 pages right? ;p

Yeah, I do
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

There was a productive part? :#
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

There was a productive part? :#

I mean, probably? I don’t think I contributed at all, but I’ve been here since what, like page 3? So let’s go back to the topic at hand:

I’m constantly being shafted by my shard mafia and I want a refund for everything I spent on this game. My CUP was not worth that $300 dollar investment! CG please condemn these people to the dark depths of Tartarus!
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Just pay the extra crystals and push that punk out of 1st place around payout time. Don’t matter the cost, just get it done to show him that he isn’t the boss and you’ll do whatever it takes to run him off of the top!

Not easy when there's like 5 players around ready to lock either you or the guy on top in the last 5-10 minutes.
  • MultUA
    21 posts Member
    Options
    At the end of the day I found a free PO slot in one hour backwards.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    MultUA wrote: »
    At the end of the day I found a free PO slot in one hour backwards.

Did you join?

Or just that nobody is bothering you at that time?

Either way..congrats.
  • MultUA
    21 posts Member
    Options
    I did not join psychically a discord channel, but I do follow the rule "do not attack the one who is 2 hours before/after your PO"...
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    MultUA wrote: »
    I did not join psychically a discord channel, but I do follow the rule "do not attack the one who is 2 hours before/after your PO"...

Nice! I've got a few players in my fleet shard who aren't in the discord, but "play nicely" as well, and it works out just fine. Enjoy!
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Just pay the extra crystals and push that punk out of 1st place around payout time. Don’t matter the cost, just get it done to show him that he isn’t the boss and you’ll do whatever it takes to run him off of the top!

CG laughs all the way to the crystal bank (and real bank)