[Updated w/ Dev Response] PSA: DST has Shifted ALL In-Game Clocks/Timers and Arena Payout Time

Replies

• Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Can someone explain the "staying up for reset" thing? I'm clearly missing something. You get a finite number of chances to do things per day and it doesn't matter when you do them. Why mess up your sleep schedule?

My first guess would be addiction. ;)
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Let's see what happens. After all, the original 12p, 6p, 9p were chosen for a reason. If gametime and sales decrease, perhap they'll change for DST.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Can someone explain the "staying up for reset" thing? I'm clearly missing something. You get a finite number of chances to do things per day and it doesn't matter when you do them. Why mess up your sleep schedule?

If you're maximizing the efficiency of energy use to avoid "wasting" it after it reaches cap while you sleep, it's best to burn it after reset, before bed, while simultaneously completing daily achievements.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options

So they can finish everything and spend the rest of the day at the forum refreshing page to see if there is something new.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    If you're maximizing the efficiency of energy use to avoid "wasting" it after it reaches cap while you sleep, it's best to burn it after reset, before bed, while simultaneously completing daily achievements.

But this isn't one of those games that fills energy at reset. That I would understand. Nothing actually happens to your energy at reset here.
    A capped player has almost 13 hours from the time they stop playing before they need to log in again to avoid wasting energy.. whether they go to bed at midnight or 9 pm. So why does it matter? Nothing is gained except in the rare situation where you wouldn't be able to log in even for 5 minutes when you wake up.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Daylight savings time adjusts forward later this month so likely it's tracked to GMT and will be fixed when that happens
  • Options
    Can we get someone to officially address and announce when the daily reset and times of energy well be restored back to its regular posted times.

Thank you.
  • Options
    It's crazy to expect them to have an announcement about something so trivial on a Sunday. I'm sure there will be something out tomorrow.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

But this isn't one of those games that fills energy at reset. That I would understand. Nothing actually happens to your energy at reset here.
    A capped player has almost 13 hours from the time they stop playing before they need to log in again to avoid wasting energy.. whether they go to bed at midnight or 9 pm. So why does it matter? Nothing is gained except in the rare situation where you wouldn't be able to log in even for 5 minutes when you wake up.

True, but many people don't have time in their morning schedule to burn energy that was capped during the night; and/or they have a schedule that differs due to working shift work (or something similar) and as a result is most beneficial to burn what was banked during the day immediately after reset.
  • Options
    Merged threads.. Thia is great info people will want to know.
  • Options

True, but many people don't have time in their morning schedule to burn energy that was capped during the night; and/or they have a schedule that differs due to working shift work (or something similar) and as a result is most beneficial to burn what was banked during the day immediately after reset.

Agreed.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Options
    I'm at a point where most of the energy that I am spending is for hard farming. The drop rate for high level gear is too depressing. I can deal with 1/3 shard rate.

If I have extra energy left over, then I'll wait until reset and runs a few hard sims before hitting the bed. I can sleep better knowing I'm one shard closer. It's better than simming for gear and getting nothing.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    sid wrote: »
    I'm at a point where most of the energy that I am spending is for hard farming. The drop rate for high level gear is too depressing. I can deal with 1/3 shard rate.

If I have extra energy left over, then I'll wait until reset and runs a few hard sims before hitting the bed. I can sleep better knowing I'm one shard closer. It's better than simming for gear and getting nothing.
    You might sleep better if you go to bed earlier. :p
    Just saying.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    some folks will adopt daylight saving time on March 27. Others just don't change their time, lucky b-stards.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Im Atlantic time so my reset times stayed the same :)
  • Options
    Going to really bite for my arena closing. My lunch hour is 5:30 to 6:30. Was absolutely perfect for arena payout. It doesn't look like I will take top 3 again m-f

Pointless daylight savings. Absolutely no modern use.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options

Because some people work late and stay up the extra hour to get everything done ahead of time before daily errands when they wake up.

Its people were talking about, not everyone has the same schedule
  • Options
    Think I feel worse for guys in Mt.time, on my board they will be pushed to pacific payout....... Lots of competition in pacific time.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    It's crazy to expect them to have an announcement about something so trivial on a Sunday. I'm sure there will be something out tomorrow.

While I find the whole affair no more than annoying, I don't think it's crazy to expect a global gaming company to think about something like this before it ever occurs.
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    If you live in Arizona you never have to worrie about time change... It's always the same time zone!

How convenient. I personally dislike Daylight Savings. I find I pointless and irritating.

I'd rather it be daylight savings all year. Live in the north and can't stand leaving work after the sun goes down.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Somewhat on topic. How does one change there time zone in this game? Definitely prefer the earlier times for everything.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    Somewhat on topic. How does one change there time zone in this game? Definitely prefer the earlier times for everything.

you can't, it's tied to the time zone you were in when you created your account. no way to change it.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Starwars96 wrote: »
    Dang not going to stay up till 1 every night for reset..

This. I work second shift so I have no choice but to finish arena in the afternoon and check after 6 to see which dbag sniped me, so that wont change, but having to wait until 1 am to farm shards and do GW will be impossible once I start back to school soon. This sucks, now I have to try to squeeze everything in during the day between classes and work instead of splitting it between late night and late morning/afternoon.
  • Options
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    Think I feel worse for guys in Mt.time, on my board they will be pushed to pacific payout....... Lots of competition in pacific time.

Huh? Pacific time players get pushed out as well. You still only compete with the people in your time zone.
  • Slayer
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Other parts of the country don't have the same daylight saving times as the US. For example the UK changes their clocks on March 27th. If they are focusing on an international market then they may not change times until everyone has switched or maybe not at all.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Okay, I still don't get it, I suppose I'm not going to. Anything you can do a few minutes after reset, you can also do an hour before reset, it's just a one-time shift and a bit of patience.
    You can let things "reset" at 1 am and then do the same things even at 10 pm the same day if you want. Either way you still have to log in about every 12 hours to use up energy, and more often if you want to get the "bonus" energy.
    This game is actually really good about not tying you to a schedule (though I am not too pleased that the last free energy is now at 10pm which is on the late side for me, but I'll deal.)
    To each his own and I am not criticizing anyone, just saying.. you can easily adapt to this, there's no actual need in this game to be around for reset for efficiency reasons.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options

Huh? Pacific time players get pushed out as well. You still only compete with the people in your time zone.

I could be wrong( and probably am) but I was under the impression that a few states in pacific time do not observe dst. Which in case would add more competition to the Mt time.

Could be wrong just a thought
  • Options
    Now all the free energy times are bad as well. Instead of during lunch break the noon time energy is during work time 1 to 3. The last free energy is now after i go to bed.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    wrote: »

I could be wrong( and probably am) but I was under the impression that a few states in pacific time do not observe dst. Which in case would add more competition to the Mt time.

Could be wrong just a thought

It's actually the other way around. You will lose anyone who loves in Arizona from your opponents, and be thankful as mountain is already the smallest area of the US and Canada. Very few people to compete against, other than Pacific time people getting in early attacks you don't have to worry about anyone else
  • Options
    Okay, I still don't get it, I suppose I'm not going to. Anything you can do a few minutes after reset, you can also do an hour before reset, it's just a one-time shift and a bit of patience.
    You can let things "reset" at 1 am and then do the same things even at 10 pm the same day if you want. Either way you still have to log in about every 12 hours to use up energy, and more often if you want to get the "bonus" energy.
    This game is actually really good about not tying you to a schedule (though I am not too pleased that the last free energy is now at 10pm which is on the late side for me, but I'll deal.)
    To each his own and I am not criticizing anyone, just saying.. you can easily adapt to this, there's no actual need in this game to be around for reset for efficiency reasons.

I agree. It's not like this game requires an immense time commitment. I'm done everything I need to do in 10 minutes or less (apart from GW and challenges which can be completed throughout the day).

With the exception of Squad Arena, there shouldn't be any time constraints/schedule issues. There simply isn't enough content for this to be the case.