[Updated w/ Dev Response] PSA: DST has Shifted ALL In-Game Clocks/Timers and Arena Payout Time

Replies

• Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Can someone explain the "staying up for reset" thing? I'm clearly missing something. You get a finite number of chances to do things per day and it doesn't matter when you do them. Why mess up your sleep schedule?
    +1
    Some schedules I can see that as a viable option but man, I'd rather sleep and have plenty to do the next day than wait for reset and play tired...
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    Game timers most likely tied to server and servers are most likely on UTC, which does not have DST. I am positive the developers did not overlook this, and it was a conscious decision to do nothing about it. Other than having to adjust personal playing schedule, it really isn't that big of a deal.
  • Options
    I hope they fix this. I am up for work too early to get the last bonus energy as it is - it would be nice if people in general realize we do not all do a 9-5. That energy is needed. Why can't they do it so the bonus energy is in the inbox to be used whenever or something similar?
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Game timers most likely tied to server and servers are most likely on UTC, which does not have DST. I am positive the developers did not overlook this, and it was a conscious decision to do nothing about it. Other than having to adjust personal playing schedule, it really isn't that big of a deal.

It is a big deal if you cannot stay up for the last bonus energy. That means I have to give up farming something and that is what this game is all about. I have it figured out what I am farming based on the energy I get. Now, I have to sacrifice either gear or an important hard node character.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    It's crazy to expect them to have an announcement about something so trivial on a Sunday. I'm sure there will be something out tomorrow.

Faith you have in the developers... Misguided it is.. Hmmm. Hmmm...
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    If you're maximizing the efficiency of energy use to avoid "wasting" it after it reaches cap while you sleep, it's best to burn it after reset, before bed, while simultaneously completing daily achievements.

But this isn't one of those games that fills energy at reset. That I would understand. Nothing actually happens to your energy at reset here.
    A capped player has almost 13 hours from the time they stop playing before they need to log in again to avoid wasting energy.. whether they go to bed at midnight or 9 pm. So why does it matter? Nothing is gained except in the rare situation where you wouldn't be able to log in even for 5 minutes when you wake up.

Try looking after kids in the morning while you get ready for work and breakfast. Logging on isn't easy in this situation even for 5 minutes, that's a luxury for some /most parents of young children :)
  • Options
    Alright, move on people, nothing to see here, Europe has another two weeks before this might happen. B)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    The extra energy so just be a one time thing that you can claim at any time. Having to log in at three different times makes no sense as to why it all cannot be at once. It is the same amount of energy and if the person can choose when to claim it then it works for everyone.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Alright, move on people, nothing to see here, Europe has another two weeks before this might happen. B)

Until they move the server ahead an hour and getting all the peeps not adjusted yet... (enter sadistic laugh here).
  • Options
    The extra energy so just be a one time thing that you can claim at any time. Having to log in at three different times makes no sense as to why it all cannot be at once. It is the same amount of energy and if the person can choose when to claim it then it works for everyone.
    Lol, I guess the devs figure that it's easier to make players devote more time to the game if they give them a small reward three times a day than it is if they only give them one big reward once daily.

Back on topic, I wish my payout time was still the regular one, and that EA should adjust to daylight savings time.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    It's crazy to expect them to have an announcement about something so trivial on a Sunday. I'm sure there will be something out tomorrow.

Trivial? 350 million people adjust the clock and this multi-mullion dollar franchise can't sync with the official US clock? I just wasted my Arena battles for nothing.

Very amateurish. If something resets 6:00 Pm or 12:00 It should do what it must. This kind of issues are resolved in nuclear plants, airlines, and janitors going to work.

Amazed at the zero change and lack of communication. CG lead devs need to step up to the level of quality of a billion dollar franchise.

• Options
    my arena time used to be at 6pm and now it is at 5pm.
    the reset time was at 12:00am, now it is at 11pm, which is very nice!
  • Options

Extremely sloppy at best. Phones, watches, planes, connected coffee machines...every single low tech things does this right

• Options
    I knew they would overlook this. Just like the March logins.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    It doesn't surprise me in the least that they can't adjust the game-time for U.S. players...They can't even give your correct leader stats in the "ranks" section of arena.
  • Options
    I knew they would overlook this. Just like the March logins.

We'll they sure aren't the brightest bulbs in the bunch. We've discovered this awhile ago :D
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options

Extremely sloppy at best. Phones, watches, planes, connected coffee machines...every single low tech things does this right
    The game client is transparent. Its just a window to the server. The server is the real game. The server does his right.

As I've stated I'm positive they didn't forget. It is more likely hat it wasn't perceived as a big issue.

Side note (not directed at you): it's comical how people talk smack on the developers. As if they could develop the game any better.
  • Options
    Typical and expected, of course they couldn't prepare for or handle daylight savings time!! These kids are just a mess, thank God it isn't Y2K or the game would be displaying 1916 right now. Careless development team, careless, sloppy product....
  • Options
    I noticed this too
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • Options
    Most automated systems run off of UTC +\- whatever. Why would you think daylight savings (an abstract concept that is not universally practiced) would be "in the game"? How does EA not accounting for non uniform local practices mean "they got it wrong"? Time is a 24 hour cycle, if they moved the resets 2 times a year, that even division of segments would be thrown off twice (just as my internal clock is) every transfer.
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, hey, hey, give the devs a break. They'll change the clocks on Monday. It's not like the time changes automatically like on a computer or phone or something. I'll tell you, I had to set each of my clocks, the microwave, the oven. They'll do the same thing on Monday. All good!
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    It may not be universally practiced, but since they're based in the US I would think they'd be dealing with it.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    According to Wikipedia, everything in blue currently recognizes daylight saving time.

image_zpsnnxpst0u.png

I think that's a significant enough part of the world to make it a consideration; especially for a US based company.

• D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    According to Wikipedia, everything in blue currently recognizes daylight saving time.

image_zpsnnxpst0u.png

I think that's a significant enough part of the world to make it a consideration; especially for a US based company.

Interesting image. Didn't realize such a small portion of the world regognized daylight saving. IMO, they should just abandon the whole ordeal and call it a day. It's an unessessary annoyance.

BTW, do you know what orange and red represent?

EDIT: Figured it out. Orange means that DST is no longer observed and red means that DST was never observed.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

image_zpsnnxpst0u.png

Interesting image. Didn't realize such a small portion of the world regognized daylight saving. IMO, they should just abandon the whole ordeal and call it a day. It's an unessessary annoyance.

I like quizzes

Red never used
    Orange formally used.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

image_zpsnnxpst0u.png

Orange used to observe DST
    Red never observed DST

I'd venture a guess that an overwhelming majority of the player base falls within the blue areas though.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

image_zpsnnxpst0u.png

I like quizzes

Red never used
    Orange formally used.
    Orange used to observe DST
    Red never observed DST

Thanks. Figured it out after I posted.

I'd venture a guess that an overwhelming majority of the player base falls within the blue areas though.

Agreed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want longer days if I lived in the Sahara desert either. I feel you Africa.

Some moisture farms would be good.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Prob will be 6 again
  • Nik_Zirlos
    178 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Omnirhyze wrote: »
    Lol, I guess the devs figure that it's easier to make players devote more time to the game if they give them a small reward three times a day than it is if they only give them one big reward once daily.

This was pretty clear even before this, given that you can't do challenges without waiting for what seems to be an arbitrary time period, nor get all five bronzium packs without having to check in five times. This game is killing my phone's battery...