Changes (and Additional Changes) Coming in the Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Overnight SWGOH's Google Play Top Grossing rank has gone from 35 to 41. And so it begins.

dku5lasgqjpv.png

Let's see where it goes. If it climbs the change is working and bringing in more revenue. If it falls, it isn't.

That's interesting, but I wonder about a few things.

How stable is that ranking? Does it shift regularly? Is this just a short-term reaction and will eventually pull back to the acceptable range?

My guess, the trend will be to drop momentarily, and then eventually rebound when people are done being grumpy and enjoy the game. This change really isn't worth quiting over and if you do, you were on the verge of quiting anyway and you were just looking for a reason.

I wonder as well. I have seen it go from 11 to 40 to 11 in 2 days. O.o? Tin foil hat theory online is they buy a ton internally to achieve a higher rank and the fall is when it is refunded lol

So you post stuff and don't know how it works? Fine, bringing up non representing stuff, just for reasons.

He brought this up that it will be an indicator of the performance of the game, which is still valid. The exact details of it's history and trends are not perfectly known, but can be tracked. #Reading

^this
  • Options
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    Overnight SWGOH's Google Play Top Grossing rank has gone from 35 to 41. And so it begins.

dku5lasgqjpv.png

Let's see where it goes. If it climbs the change is working and bringing in more revenue. If it falls, it isn't.

How stable is that ranking? Does it shift regularly? Is this just a short-term reaction and will eventually pull back to the acceptable range?

My guess, the trend will be to drop momentarily, and then eventually rebound when people are done being grumpy and enjoy the game. This change really isn't worth quiting over and if you do, you were on the verge of quiting anyway and you were just looking for a reason.
    But why give the players an excuse to quit? I would think you want to give players an excuse to stay

Thought process is surely, if they leave over this they were going anyway. They rolled the dice and are banking on p2p players spending to offset the loss of chances.
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOoooooooo !!!!!💥💨💔
    Shinn Vitolam Alves
  • Faffyd
    38 posts Member
    Options

dku5lasgqjpv.png

But why give the players an excuse to quit? I would think you want to give players an excuse to stay

Thought process is surely, if they leave over this they were going anyway. They rolled the dice and are banking on p2p players spending to offset the loss of chances.

It’s wont cause me to quit but I feel the game is becoming an even bigger grind than it already is so I’m not spending anymore money on it, I’ll just play casually

I feel like there’s no value for money in this game
  • Options
    Going back to last March, here is where characters are farmable:

hard nodes (LS, DS, or fleet): Visas Marr, Sion, Bossk, Vandor Chewie, Nest, Young Lando, Lando's Falcon, Range Trooper, Bastila Shan, Jolee, Sith Fighter, Zaalbar, Embo, Hounds Tooth, Xanadu Blood, Jango Fett, IG-2000, B-28 Bomber, Eta-2, Fallen Bastila, Juhani, and Carth

Cantina: Qira, L3, T3, Mission, Aurra, Canderous

Guild/GW/Arena: Young Han

Special events: C3PO, Chewbacca, JKR, Darth Revan, and the OT Falcon

This whole change to reduce hard point farms would not be so anti-player if you would place new characters and ships in literally any other spot other than hard points. A couple of the new characters like Bastila are farmable in multiple locations. But when the majority of new characters are placed in a single hard point and then you reduce the number of battles on that hard point, it really seems like an anti-player strategy.

I think the best adjustment would be to spread out where new characters and ships are farmable and that would make the drop from 8 to 5 on hard points slightly more tolerable.
  • Options
    When they introduced 8, they did say it was only temporary. I don’t like the reduction to 5 like anybody else but it was supposed to be temporary.
  • Options
    So with the fallacy, "this change is bad for new players" I completely disagree. This change slows focused farming across the board and specifically to just released characters aka everyone equally.

Additionally, if you're trying to acquire many characters as a new player, just farm more simultaneously. The rate will even out and perhaps be faster depending how many hard mode characters you're targeting.

That is all, back to the regularly scheduled program...

So absolutely incorrect, jeez dude, common sense. Newer players have to farm more hard node characters, legendary or not smh, reducing the # of attempts absolutely hurts newer players more than older players. Its basic math dude.

Perhaps your actual thoughts got lost in your response dude. Slightly more than basic math...when you are farming more characters simultaneously (as new players will) the real bottleneck is energy.

Obviously more of anything is optimal, but it's not as bad as people are reacting for new players.

Adding on, once this change takes effect, rather than focusing on two characters or ships, I'm going to add another two to my farm. Problem solved.

Except theyll miss out on legendary characters, focused farming is what's important. If you cant understand how this is bad , then your head is too far up cg to see anything, so go ahead and move along.
  • Options
    Its kind of Sad that people will literally defend anything cg does. Hmm wonder who runs those accounts
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    A good way to compensate for this nerf would be to re-add toons to old shops. For example, BH ships which are all on single LS hard nodes.
    Compensate? For what? Nothing is being taken.

If you do 8 attempts on 5 hard nodes, you get 13.3 shards. If you do 5 attempts on 8 hard nodes, you get 13.3 shards. Why are people so up in arms over this? Why are people so up in arms and demanding compensation when nothing is lost?
    Still not a he.
  • Darknesswon
    618 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    When they introduced 8, they did say it was only temporary. I don’t like the reduction to 5 like anybody else but it was supposed to be temporary.

When they did the temporary 8 last year ,they did mention it was temporary, then they reverted it back to 5 , then re announced 8 with mods 2.0 but never mentioned temporary there. Please go and check and see
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options

Can people stop using this Temporary excuse? Or are you being sarcastic unlike the others.

8 months is not temporary, when you have something last nearly a full YEAR it stops being "Temporary". They didn't even say it would be or even give this excuse when the 8 came back around the 2nd time in the "official" forum post.

Also to the people saying "it used to be three" it was three for a very short time. Most of this games life its been five, and then 8 for almost a year if you also include the first time it was 8.

For everyone who started the game over the past 8 months, its been 8 attempts. They have only ever known 8.

Eight months is too long a time to remove something that is QOL, this is reverse QOL. This only shows that CG hates their playerbase, they actually hate whiteknights/CG employee's that play their game, yet they will still defend them no matter how much CG hates them just like the rest of us.

A better alternative?

Make it three max but 100% drop rate.

Or just remove the cap entirely.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »

Can people stop using this Temporary excuse? Or are you being sarcastic unlike the others.

8 months is not temporary, when you have something last nearly a full YEAR it stops being "Temporary". They didn't even say it would be or even give this excuse when the 8 came back around the 2nd time in the "official" forum post.

Also to the people saying "it used to be three" it was three for a very short time. Most of this games life its been five, and then 8 for almost a year if you also include the first time it was 8.

For everyone who started the game over the past 8 months, its been 8 attempts. They have only ever known 8.

Eight months is too long a time to remove something that is QOL, this is reverse QOL. This only shows that CG hates their playerbase, they actually hate whiteknights/CG employee's that play their game, yet they will still defend them no matter how much CG hates them just like the rest of us.

A better alternative?

Make it three max but 100% drop rate.

Or just remove the cap entirely.

With you on this...... 8 months is far from "temporary", and while they use the revans as an excuse, that ignores Chewbacca, c3po and the advent of grand arena, where many teams are necessary..... Not to mention what they are going to release ......

I may not be a whale, but I have spent a fair bit on this game and I wont spend a single cent now that my wicket farm for 3po will cause me to miss the next event due to a five sim per refresh max.....

• Options
    Will CG just let this game die? Game needs an overhaul graphically and a more modern game engine. Can it be done? Will it? Bring this game into the present and players will follow it into the future.
  • Options
    1. JKR broke arena badly, allowing players to stock up on crystals
    2. M.Falcon broke ships arena badly, allowing those same players to stock even more crystals
    3. DR toons were farmable for too long because they took too long to develop him
    4. They paywalled gear for DR but forgot that they allowed the whales to stock up so many crystals that they just bought from store to g12 him
    5. Bringing revan back faster and dropping falcon without notice makes a panic and they want us to spend our saved crystals
    6. Reducing node battles make us spend more of our saved crystals hoping we run out and need 30 shards for toons for an event or gear and that this will make us want to spend $$$

They forgot that those who truly spend don’t really panic farm, their already earning enough crystals to refresh multiple toons 3x a day

Basically CG **** on the little guy allowing whales to sit on top

Wait for the release of malak to be marquee and his kit will be insane for a marquee allowing DR to be new meta, they want us to spend crystals so we don’t have as many for free buys of malak
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    A good way to compensate for this nerf would be to re-add toons to old shops. For example, BH ships which are all on single LS hard nodes.
    Compensate? For what? Nothing is being taken.

If you do 8 attempts on 5 hard nodes, you get 13.3 shards. If you do 5 attempts on 8 hard nodes, you get 13.3 shards. Why are people so up in arms over this? Why are people so up in arms and demanding compensation when nothing is lost?
    The amount of shards isn’t in question it’s the ability to focus and star up toons for these events in a timely manner.
  • Options
    I have been suffering frustrations from this game for a while. The random drops that appear to be worse every time an event is going on or you are close to completing something. Horrid drop rates and being blocked on several characters from increasing in gear power due to them all requiring the same low drop rate high cost stun gun. Pushing stuff out and leaving characters behind due to increasing pressure to spend money. Now this? Another roadblock to development and even fun? Remember when gaming was fun and not multiple micro-transactions? Remember when SW Galaxies died because of changes made that nobody wanted but bad corporate decisions enforced?

It's already hard for f2p or even those like myself who spend maybe 25 every other month or so to keep pace with gear and even having fun. And honestly the past few months have been annoying having to deal with multiple days of 0-1 drops even with 8 attempts. If you are going to roll it back to 5 attempts why not make it a guaranteed 5 drops minimum.

/rantover
  • Options
    For me I don't think it's that big of a deal. I have spent some here and there but nothing big and have rarely paid crystals to refresh a node but have and seen mostly 0-3 shards per 16 and lots of 0-1 per 8. If I see 1-3 shards but against 5 attempts I'll actually be able to farm more toons at a time. I don't know maybe my drop rates are worse than everyone else but I doubt it. I can't remember how long it's been since I last saw 5/8 but I think I might have before. These days if I see 4/8 it's far from the norm and I see 3/8 as a great day and 1-2/8 as typical. I expect I'll see about the same really
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    ColtIce666 wrote: »
    For me I don't think it's that big of a deal. I have spent some here and there but nothing big and have rarely paid crystals to refresh a node but have and seen mostly 0-3 shards per 16 and lots of 0-1 per 8. If I see 1-3 shards but against 5 attempts I'll actually be able to farm more toons at a time.
    You'll average about 1.6 shards per 5 attempts so 1-2 shards per refresh instead of 2-3.
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    I know you said you would change it back But please hold out a bit longer. Give us time to digest this change.

Give us a month or two so we can finish the farms we're on or really make the most of one more new farm. I think that is reasonable.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    The amount of shards isn’t in question it’s the ability to focus and star up toons for these events in a timely manner.
    The volley of events have come out now. They are now part of the regular rotation, without so much rush. So, the extra attempts have served their purpose.
    Still not a he.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    5. Bringing revan back faster and dropping falcon without notice makes a panic and they want us to spend our saved crystals

for the falcon part they did give a notice... 1 week, just like they said hey would when its the first time a event returns according to the release cadence. i could forget it a bit still but the next time falcon come back it should be in the monthly calendar right away.

as for revan is a whole months notice really making a panic? like really?
  • Options
    3 shards per refresh has been pretty rare for me. 1-2 being normal with 3 happening less often than getting zero. Typical week of a single node for me with no refresh is like this 1/8 2/8 2/8 0/8 1/8 0/8 3/8.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    ColtIce666 wrote: »
    3 shards per refresh has been pretty rare for me. 1-2 being normal with 3 happening less often than getting zero. Typical week of a single node for me with no refresh is like this 1/8 2/8 2/8 0/8 1/8 0/8 3/8.
    Improbable. Are you tracking your numbers, or is this just an impression?
    Still not a he.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    Will CG just let this game die? Game needs an overhaul graphically and a more modern game engine. Can it be done? Will it? Bring this game into the present and players will follow it into the future.
    The graphics are pretty good as it is. The game engine is fine. We don't need 4K ultra HD high res graphics. I don't think Graphics is everything. There are a lot of polished turds in the market. This game is visually nice, and I think they should continue on focusing their limited time on content or QOL updates. High graphics would alienate older phones since they won't be compatible and would harm the game.
  • Options
    I track my farms that was my Jolee farm from last week. Week before was a little better as I didn't have any 0/8 days and 2 3/8. MT and zombie were much more brutal so much so that a 2/8 day would cause me tell my guildmates what a killer farm I had that day. Maybe it will average out to 3 per refresh down the road when Im closer to 4 mil GP (1.8+ mil now) but for now not the case for me
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    The graphics are pretty good as it is. The game engine is fine. We don't need 4K ultra HD high res graphics. I don't think Graphics is everything. There are a lot of polished turds in the market. This game is visually nice, and I think they should continue on focusing their limited time on content or QOL updates. High graphics would alienate older phones since they won't be compatible and would harm the game.

My tab is an hd quad core, game looks fine. It's turn based mechanics do not need hi res for combat moves. I agree the content is getting stale. New nodes should be released at least every 6 to 8 months. STR is such a cluster I won't ask for a new raid since they will cut and paste it, reskin and push it out. No thanks.
  • Options
    So with the fallacy, "this change is bad for new players" I completely disagree. This change slows focused farming across the board and specifically to just released characters aka everyone equally.

Additionally, if you're trying to acquire many characters as a new player, just farm more simultaneously. The rate will even out and perhaps be faster depending how many hard mode characters you're targeting.

That is all, back to the regularly scheduled program...

So absolutely incorrect, jeez dude, common sense. Newer players have to farm more hard node characters, legendary or not smh, reducing the # of attempts absolutely hurts newer players more than older players. Its basic math dude.

Perhaps your actual thoughts got lost in your response dude. Slightly more than basic math...when you are farming more characters simultaneously (as new players will) the real bottleneck is energy.

Obviously more of anything is optimal, but it's not as bad as people are reacting for new players.

Adding on, once this change takes effect, rather than focusing on two characters or ships, I'm going to add another two to my farm. Problem solved.

Except theyll miss out on legendary characters, focused farming is what's important. If you cant understand how this is bad , then your head is too far up cg to see anything, so go ahead and move along.

Did you even read my post? Or were you still just in your triggered mindset?

I suggest you read again.

I did, did you read my post , or just white nighting for cg. Those players have to get multiple legendaries to catch up , if you cant see how new players get screwed over while older players and whales wont be affected nearly as much , you are blind sir.
This discussion has been closed.