3843 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    We are getting a kit reveal through the puzzle

pha4vy4fsern.png

Congrats! I hope you enjoyed the kit preview

17.500k power? :disappointed: How can we enjoy a kit of an exclusive event for whales and +2y players? I have both JKR and DR and I'm so happy I won't be able to get him without putting 400$ on a table...

I'm out of this boat. Not spending on this game even a single $ anymore, I was occasional spender but since it's becoming just a whale game not a dolphin or ftp friendly anymore I really stop to care anymore.

You will be able to get him for free if you wait for the second time.

Sure will do. If I still would be playing it. Been playing over a year now I catched up a meta. Eventhough I'm #1 each day for both arenas I'm not in possibly of getting a brand new content even if spend a little money. It would require few hundreds. It's becoming pay to win strictly. For me personally it's kill fun out of this game. But that's my personal opinion, you could be happy even getting it 3rd time around but in meanwhile I imagine top 5-10 will be permanently blocked by this p2w character.

Have a nice day

Makes perfect sense. Quitting always best option.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    _Reaper_ wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

pha4vy4fsern.png

A four turn cooldown move that does 100% of target's max health in damage? Glad the power creep is slowing down.Excellent puzzling work so far though folks!

You can fire off Annihilation turn 4 if things go well, this is nothing broken...

Plus 100% of max health damage isn’t an insta-kill if they still have protection.

I wonder how that will work with Raid bosses. Massive damage?

My guess is some low percentage of max health, similar to deathmark.

Yeah, this I think. Or a hard cap like Annihilate.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

pha4vy4fsern.png

17.500k power? :disappointed: How can we enjoy a kit of an exclusive event for whales and +2y players? I have both JKR and DR and I'm so happy I won't be able to get him without putting 400$ on a table...

I'm out of this boat. Not spending on this game even a single $ anymore, I was occasional spender but since it's becoming just a whale game not a dolphin or ftp friendly anymore I really stop to care anymore.

Sure will do. If I still would be playing it. Been playing over a year now I catched up a meta. Eventhough I'm #1 each day for both arenas I'm not in possibly of getting a brand new content even if spend a little money. It would require few hundreds. It's becoming pay to win strictly. For me personally it's kill fun out of this game. But that's my personal opinion, you could be happy even getting it 3rd time around but in meanwhile I imagine top 5-10 will be permanently blocked by this p2w character.

Have a nice day

TRANSLATION: "I lucked into a shard where I was always able to be #1 without paying, but now others in my shard are now spending money and it's affecting me negatively and I don't like it... even though it's 100% fair for EA to give spenders an advantage"
  • Options

CG employee? happy with this quarter predicted revenue? At least you sounds like ;)
  • Options
    Lio wrote: »
    TRANSLATION: "I lucked into a shard where I was always able to be #1 without paying, but now others in my shard are now spending money and it's affecting me negatively and I don't like it... even though it's 100% fair for EA to give spenders an advantage"

TRANSLATION: "I earned hard my payout position by optimising farms and playing hard each day" ;) I'm totally happy with your satisfaction of siting in 100s in arena, good for you. I could give you few lessons if you need.
  • Options
    So what's the bit about the bees and the handkerchief?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    So what's the bit about the bees and the handkerchief?

TW bonuses? The Geo ship bonus is called "The Swarm", maybe Han-kerchief?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

CG employee? happy with this quarter predicted revenue? At least you sounds like ;)

No but if they hired me I could close my business and do something a lot less stressful!

Hmmmm...
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

pha4vy4fsern.png

Have a nice day
    There are plenty of people that can get Malak without paying.
  • Paranoid_Androind0
    48 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Sure, that's true @Ultra Got some in my guild and shard who will. But most likely by people how have their roster quite settled (2y+) and they gear up all these new toons as they come. Otherwise I can't imagine it possible.

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sure, that's true @Ultra Got some in my guild and shard who will. But most likely by people how have their roster quite settled (2y+) and they gear up all these new toons as they come. Otherwise I can't imagine it possible.
    Yes. Malak is not intended for newer shards imo. I wouldn’t worry about your shard being full of Malak owners
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options

This is late game content.

That's fine. The game is a mix of early game, mid game, and late game content. Adding late game content does not mean it is whale content, or that it is paywalled. It's just late game content. And as the game gets older, there will be higher barrier-to-entry content. And no, barrier-to-entry does not mean paywall. Work towards it and you'll get there next time.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

That's fine. The game is a mix of early game, mid game, and late game content. Adding late game content does not mean it is whale content, or that it is paywalled. It's just late game content. And as the game gets older, there will be higher barrier-to-entry content. And no, barrier-to-entry does not mean paywall. Work towards it and you'll get there next time.

From my perspective view you're unfortunately wrong. If malak will be as op as it looks to be from the sneak peak of a kit and become unbeatable (as it's highly possible) then my top 5-6 spots are gonna be locked. It's also about the principles if not more and carrying about community by developers. I can't agree more of what have Skelturix wrote:
    OpN4dxH.jpg
    But if you feel differently and it's a fair approach in general then I'm not here to change up your minds @YaeVizsla @Ultra

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

From my perspective view you're unfortunately wrong. If malak will be as op as it looks to be from the sneak peak of a kit and become unbeatable (as it's highly possible) then my top 5-6 spots are gonna be locked. It's also about the principles if not more and carrying about community by developers. I can't agree more of what have Skelturix wrote:
    OpN4dxH.jpg
    But if you feel differently and it's a fair approach in general then I'm not here to change up your minds @YaeVizsla @Ultra

And from my perspective the Jedi are evil!

Look, I get that you’re angry because you won’t be getting #1 like you used to. However, this game has to have some near exclusive characters. They reward long-term committed players and payers, so to speak.

Revan only received major criticism after his second run. Why? Because he dominated all shards, not just the 3 year ones, but all shards were given access to this relatively easy to get character, which is why he dominated so much in arena and even other areas of the game. So believe it or not, this is exactly what the players asked for: A semi-exclusive meta that dominates the top spots in committed shards, while everyone else is left to a balanced meta of DR and JKR.

I believe that there’s only one thing worth getting angry about: The Bastila Buff. It ensures that JKR will continue to dominate every other shard.

My analysis: Malak is actually a smart addition to the game.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    From my perspective view you're unfortunately wrong. If malak will be as op as it looks to be from the sneak peak of a kit and become unbeatable (as it's highly possible) then my top 5-6 spots are gonna be locked. It's also about the principles if not more and carrying about community by developers.
    It's not like if you aren't top ten in a ten-thousand person arena shard you're losing the game, or somehow not able to play.

I've seen Skel's announcement, and I understand his frustrations especially around the short notice and the treatment of the gamechangers.

That said?

The event's requirements are not particularly unreasonable for late-game content. Pretty much everybody who gets Kevan will race Kevan, Jolee, and Bastila to high gear and key zetas already because that's a core for one of the most useful teams in the game. Pretty much everybody who gets Devan will race Devan, HK, and Karen to G12 because that's a core for one of the most useful teams in the game. So the only real change is the priority on building 80% of a Carth OR team for TW/GA. As farm goals go, that's not something unreasonable to put in the rotation. Yeah, it's an investment, but it's a gear gate vice a shard gate. Both are valid barriers.

As to the preview? It's possible Malak can be completely broken. It's also possible Malak will be good but not insane. We don't know yet, so can we hold off on complaining about Malak being broken until he's actually released? What we've seen so far is stacking offense which we've seen before, protection-to-health and reduced % damage which we've seen before, and a start-on-cooldown 100% health hit.

Overall, the preview is most comparable to a punchy Nihilus. Nihilus can already annihilate after four turns with his cooldown reductions, and Malak's is survivable. That stacking offense seems like it will be slow to build and arbitrary in arena given the pace of Devan fights; rather, it's more likely to be relevant in raids. What's more, 100% health damage isn't as much as it seems. HK-47 can pretty much do that to an entire enemy team turn one with a grenade, so just wait and see.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    This may be related, but if you search up https://m.imgur.com/malak you get this bl48nkz2gl6x.jpg
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options
    Or this is nothing
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA