Transmission Received

Replies

• Options
    rokota wrote: »
    Tsuo_Vook wrote: »

Taking the hex codes for the colors and converting through an ASCII table to characters gives:
    (Yellow block, descending) tsw rym fxu
    (Blue block, descending) tyk lsv pew

Thinking about next steps. Pretty sure the hex color code to ASCII step is correct here, though, because those colors seem very precisely chosen to give you exactly the values in the range of lower-case letters on ASCII conversion.

BITLY is the correct morse code on the lightsaber.

But there are a few more informations in these two colored fields:

1) blue rect.

- decimal color code is 39 - 7 - 137
    - every color inside has 18 pixels
    - blue color are 34 px

2) yellow rect.

- decimal color code is 135 - 102 - 6
    - first two color areas have 16 px., the last 20 px.
    - yellow colored are 38 px.

I don't know IF these numbers are helpful but who knows ;-)

I tried a few permutations of the mentioned characters above but none worked so far.

Thanks for trying to keep us on track here.

Seems like the ASCII conversion probably is the right path, given it provides with a workable next step to add on to the Bitly. Maybe something in the transmission info gives us a way to pull characters out of those blocks to finish the url?
  • Options
    My concern is, when the community (at least a large portion of it) are happy with something, its usually the first thing that gets looked at for change, because it seems happiness=not making enough $$.

While they are a business interested in making money the community (for a large portion) are not large spenders, and anything that shifts direction to the spending market is always going to be pushed back against.

Usually I am for new content and have enjoyed the puzzles, but new content usually means spend $$ or be left behind and coupling that with changes that affect F2P far more than any other portion of the community, seems like CG/EA are doubling down and that, *that* is the response the community has received.

Not an overt response, but one of implication.

Some will say that's an assumption. I say I'm just reading the writing on the wall.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    My question is this: who really cares about 'new' content when all the changes they have made are against 'new' player base?

How so 5 is still better then the original 3, marquees are still better then the original releases going into the character packs, node refreshes are 25/50 compared to 50/100, more shops to get shards and gear from then the first year so its way more friendly to newer players compared to around 2-3 years ago.

Yes, steps were made in the right direction. But now, some of those steps are getting reverted.

8 was said to be temporary in the in game mail when the change happened from 5 to 8. 8 made farming toons a bit to fast is nice i would be fine with it but can see it ruining the purpose of the game of managing resources (energy/gear/ect) which allows to farm toons a bit fastet then what should be healthy for the game long term yes everyone wants everything now but its a grind game part of the reason why new ayers are stuck eith new players in arenas so they are about equal only way for a new pkayer th catch up to long time playing player is to whale out on everything or have the other player stop for a long time

When did they announce that the change to 8 was temporary? I remember that they tried changing from 8 to 5 before and the community got them to change it back. Don't remember the temporary word being used after that. Please enlighten me.
  • Options
    Please STOP with all the KotOR content! The horse is glue already just stop and give us some variety, PLEASE!

By variety do you mean 3 more Han Solos and Chewbaccas? You do realize that the original trilogy actually lacks in characters, right? Especially in terms if variety..
  • Mrtops
    80 posts Member
    Options
    The Morse Code on the lightsaber says BITLNM no idea what it means
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Crumb dropped on discord last night and gave some clues

v8nxtyj66ybm.png
    b8mj98y8qivj.png
  • Mrtops
    80 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    znc70uqycdnr.png
    74 79 6b
    6c 73 76
    70 65 77
    text = tyklsvpew

sztupc122pdu.png
    74 73 77
    72 79 6d
    66 78 75
    text = tswrymfxu

ujdtt62rkb2r.png
    BITLY — Nice catch @rokota

This is all of the sources and decoded information that we have discovered so far.
    Post edited by Mrtops on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Mrtops wrote: »

Or BITLY. N and M (-. and --) together in morse code make Y (-.--).
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Options

I wrote it on last page here, it says definately BITLY

B = -...
    I = ..
    T = -
    L = .-..
    Y = -.--

Watch the spaces between the chars ;-)
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    JerryHello wrote: »
    Please STOP with all the KotOR content! The horse is glue already just stop and give us some variety, PLEASE!

By variety do you mean 3 more Han Solos and Chewbaccas? You do realize that the original trilogy actually lacks in characters, right? Especially in terms if variety..

He must want two more Leias(for ep.VI and VII) and another Lando(VI). :D
  • Options
    the code says : "the new droprate will be set to 1%, thank you for paying"
    that's it
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Bitly URLs have 7 characters after the last forward slash, usually a mixture of upper and lower case characters.

The colours:
    74 79 6b
    6c 73 76
    70 65 77

74 73 77
    72 79 6d
    66 78 75

Translate to (HEX to ASCII):
    tyk
    lsv
    pew

tsw
    rym
    fxu
  • Options
    My question is this: who really cares about 'new' content when all the changes they have made are against 'new' player base?

How so 5 is still better then the original 3, marquees are still better then the original releases going into the character packs, node refreshes are 25/50 compared to 50/100, more shops to get shards and gear from then the first year so its way more friendly to newer players compared to around 2-3 years ago.

Yes, steps were made in the right direction. But now, some of those steps are getting reverted.

8 was said to be temporary in the in game mail when the change happened from 5 to 8. 8 made farming toons a bit to fast is nice i would be fine with it but can see it ruining the purpose of the game of managing resources (energy/gear/ect) which allows to farm toons a bit fastet then what should be healthy for the game long term yes everyone wants everything now but its a grind game part of the reason why new ayers are stuck eith new players in arenas so they are about equal only way for a new pkayer th catch up to long time playing player is to whale out on everything or have the other player stop for a long time

When did they announce that the change to 8 was temporary? I remember that they tried changing from 8 to 5 before and the community got them to change it back. Don't remember the temporary word being used after that. Please enlighten me.

aakents81mjg.png
  • Options
    Its snoke + capital ship
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    Options
    uysi66ofs3nb.png
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Bitly URLs have 7 characters after the last forward slash, usually a mixture of upper and lower case characters.

Not necessarily. It could be almost every length, there are enough examples for 4, 5 or 6 chars after the slash. In fact CG may also used all 18 characters to create a "short"-url ;)

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Tarah wrote: »
    uysi66ofs3nb.png

“The Mandalore Plot” was the introduction of Death Watch and Pre Vizsla... hmm...
  • Options
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    I want Padmé to come this month and will be necessary for 1 character I really want to see appear this yearby0rw8ldjtiw.png

m2sbj8gxthsq.png

My assumption has been the next Legendary will be Jedi Master Obi-Wan with Separatist Droids being the requirement leading to an Anakin Journey like you mentioned, but requiring Ahsoka and Rex instead of Yoda and Sidious.

The reason why I have Yoda and Sidious I want his heroes Fall to be a Retelling Revenge of the sith just like how Farm boy Luke's Heroes journey was a Retelling of A new hope
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kingpin01 wrote: »
    We feel like there's more. Date and transmission code not used in solving
    Last time we thought there was more to it than just the Falcon reveal...

BOY WAS THERE A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT
    Also, I made sure the payoff was better this time ;P

If Malak is coming I want him as a legendary event requiring old republic and sith empire.Then get the assault going on Clone wars
  • Options

aakents81mjg.png

Ok. I honestly thought that when we got them to not change it from 8 to 5 last time, they changed it back permanently.
  • Options

aakents81mjg.png

Ok. I honestly thought that when we got them to not change it from 8 to 5 last time, they changed it back permanently.

I believe the forum level announcement neglected to state that it was temporary...that seems to be the main source of confusion.
  • Options

aakents81mjg.png

I believe the forum level announcement neglected to state that it was temporary...that seems to be the main source of confusion.

I don't remember seeing it on the forums. Personally, I'm upset about it, mildly, because its taking something away from the gamer. I see it as almost 40% reduction in farming one specific node. I have few characters to 7 star left. The problem is the farm these 5 marquee characters in 2 weeks to unlock the shiny new guy.
  • Options
    znc70uqycdnr.png
    74 79 6b
    6c 73 76
    70 65 77
    text = tyklsvpew

sztupc122pdu.png
    74 73 77
    72 79 6d
    66 78 75
    text = tswrymfxu

ujdtt62rkb2r.png
    BITLY — Nice catch @rokota

This is all of the sources and decoded information that we have discovered so far.

Could the size and shape of the boxes be relevant? It's looking like they're supposed to represent C3P0 & R2D2.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    uysi66ofs3nb.png

“The Mandalore Plot” was the introduction of Death Watch and Pre Vizsla... hmm...

Would love some Mandalorans. Gar and ISC rework and give them and Jango, Sabine and Boba Mandalorean tags would give a team of 5. ;)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    uysi66ofs3nb.png

Would love some Mandalorans. Gar and ISC rework and give them and Jango, Sabine and Boba Mandalorean tags would give a team of 5. ;)

We're getting The Mandalorian later this year so some cross-promotion would make sense, but it's still a bit early for that. And the Fetts as Mandos are questionable, but you are forgetting about Canderous.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    uysi66ofs3nb.png

Maybe Vizsla, Satine’s sister, and a Death Watch Soldier. Anyway, I’m excited too.
  • Options

Yeah, I don't know from where people get this idea that the OT has numerous options for "new" content.
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Yeah, I don't know from where people get this idea that the OT has numerous options for "new" content.

You do realize that OT was literally never mentioned with the first post that he was responding to? Asking for variety is a far cry from saying "we need more OT content"
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    Options
    About time Malak came to the game! Gooooo SITH!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

You do realize that OT was literally never mentioned with the first post that he was responding to? Asking for variety is a far cry from saying "we need more OT content"

Yeah but people are going to complain if prequels are the main focus, and people will complain of sequels are the main focus, etc. The game naturally moves through one era at a time, and this time it was KOTOR’s turn. And we did get variety: Chewie, C3PO, some Bounty Hunters, Separatist droids.

The issue is that the OT is the only wholesome, mainstream Star Wars that everyone here loves. And unfortunately, a lot of those characters have run their course.