Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Will the event recurs?

If it doesn’t, then you know something is wrong.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Lol. My comment needs to be approved. Did i hit a nerve
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Amex black
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Is all you need for a new meta
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    G20 wrote: »
    Lol. My comment needs to be approved. Did i hit a nerve

When you spam a bunch of posts in rapid succession, they get flagged in the system as potential spam. Slow down - why post 3 rapid one-line posts, when a single 3-line post will suffice?
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Options
    The 3 rapid succession is what worked.

My guess is black amex is what was flagged when you spell out amex
  • Options
    Serious question. Does everyone complaining about how unfriendly this game is to F2P players actually play other games like this? There are honestly only 2 reasons I’ve continued to play this games 1) Star Wars 2) Its extremely F2P friendly. The value you get from spending money in this game is horrible. There’s not a huge pay gap.

Was friendly. With the upcoming changes and events like this, it’ll make being ftp a long long slog. By the time a ftp catches up to the whales, they’ll have moved on to the much shinier toys.

I’ll agree on the value for money aspect. The prices are shocking, which is why I’m firmly ftp. The packs that we used to get for £10 to get the next star were ok, but other than that, truely horrible prices. I’m amazed people spend on it.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Options
    So with 1 revan I'm legendary locked from this event so I couldn't spend money on it if I wanted to.
    It's a good thing they picked tax season for this. I mean, it's not like people spend extra money on things they enjoy after they get their tax returns that normally wouldn't.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Well, gonna be super fun to face fully zetaed carth/mission/zaal/cand/juhani teams soon in ga/tw because of this.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    What do you think of the new one! CG at it again!
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    Not interested in spending anymore. Chewie, JKR, and DR will be by final investments. Thank you for making this an easy decision. It’s a missed opportunity because you could have done this as a Marquee to allow a FTP 3 star unlock, THEN have the JKR bit for a 4 star. And the DR bit for 5 star. Odd you didn’t try something more creative.

I’m not even upset, and future me will be pretty happy.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Apologies everyone!

CG saw that I was able to beat the DR event with g8 lvl 80 and below characters so they had to up the ante requiring the **** 17500 min.

My only question is will we even be able to partake in the event if we don’t have 4 characters @17500...
  • Options
    Ouch. This is payback to all the folks that got JKR relying on minimum requirements.

Or for complaining it was too easy.
  • Options
    Apologies everyone!

CG saw that I was able to beat the DR event with g8 lvl 80 and below characters so they had to up the ante requiring the **** 17500 min.

My only question is will we even be able to partake in the event if we don’t have 4 characters @17500...

you can always participate in the event, its if you can win that is a completely different question
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Lichbane wrote: »
    Serious question. Does everyone complaining about how unfriendly this game is to F2P players actually play other games like this? There are honestly only 2 reasons I’ve continued to play this games 1) Star Wars 2) Its extremely F2P friendly. The value you get from spending money in this game is horrible. There’s not a huge pay gap.

Was friendly. With the upcoming changes and events like this, it’ll make being ftp a long long slog. By the time a ftp catches up to the whales, they’ll have moved on to the much shinier toys.

I’ll agree on the value for money aspect. The prices are shocking, which is why I’m firmly ftp. The packs that we used to get for £10 to get the next star were ok, but other than that, truely horrible prices. I’m amazed people spend on it.

Maybe I’m just biased because I’ve been playing for 3 years and I remember how much worse it was before and have had time to naturally farm most of the characters anyway. But from my perspective things aren’t getting worse at all. The latest farms have been so much easier than the earlier legendaries.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Apologies everyone!

you can always participate in the event, its if you can win that is a completely different question

No, this event now has a 17,500 GP per character requirement to enter the event.
  • Options
    Showdown at the Forge? More like a shakedown!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Apologies everyone!

You didn't read the requirements to participate in the event, did you?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Apologies everyone!

No, this event now has a 17,500 GP per character requirement to enter the event.

well then level up your toon you hippie
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Dont worry she will spray some windex on it
  • Options
    If they want to approve of roster GP then why not.... "let me check roster right quick" G10 15800. That's my Chopper at G10 15793. I probably unlocked Thrawn the second time he came around with this Metal Menace at G8-9. Why is G12 17500 the sweet spot on pain/pleasure meter? I didn't cheat with either my undergeared teams to unlock Chewie or DR. I unlocked Chewie the second time he came around with way worse gear levels than on my main. I'll unlock DR the second time he comes around undergeared. I don't spend anything on that account: https://swgoh.gg/p/323299129/

Which is my first account that is on an old shard. Got locked out late 2016 never activated game center ios.. Support was no help getting my account onto new phone. Got back into that account in July or August 2017. Lo and behold my guild never kicked me. That tells you how casual we were. Leader/officers AWOL for 1/2 year or more type bad. I was having fun though with the peeps that we had.

Now back to Legendary/Heroic 1st time events. Yes they are a pain when undergeared. You know what else helped me beat these events undergeared? Looking it up on Reddit/YouTube.. duh. If I didn't then I would still be trying to kill the Big Robot last in T5 of Darth Revan's Journey. You know which one I'm talking about. Squats, looks left, looks right, takes out your whole undergeared squad quick. Now thanks to Reddit/YouTube I got the right tactic to beat it. Same with undergeared BH's for Chewie. If Dengar gets stealth on the inital then it's green light go. If not restart and try again. Try and take out Chewie first. These can be done without G12. How can we forget AhnaldT's video unlocking Chewie? Come on that is lame to say that it is to stop cheaters. Aren't the cheaters unlocking these legendaries with G5 BH's or something. G5 to 12 is a big leap.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Apologies everyone!

You didn't read the requirements to participate in the event, did you?

reading and understanding are two different things, im still in rage mode from the entirety of this event
  • Nothingface
    651 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    No dr- no$.
    Thanks CG!
  • grey_poonda
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I am on ios and didn't even know about those cheats and wouldn't bother with it anyways. Maybe that is how everybody is out speeding me in mods.. hmmm learn something new everyday.

edit: that was a joke about their mods but those speeds are unnatural. Don't investigate my shard though. Seriously.
  • Options
    I’m just here for the fire.
  • Options
    Sooooo....

Do we get to buy bulk Zetas and omegas with cash oh la? Only have 1 in stand by and could use another to meet minimums (ducks)
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    I really don’t understand what all the fuss is about. This makes total sense to me. They essentially gave Darth Revan away for free. They gave more than enough time for F2P players to farm him without spending any money. Many of my guildmates got him without spending a dime or having/needing a huge stockpile of crystals. Thus, instead of making money off the character, they said were going to make money off gear instead. Here is your free Darth Revan, but you may need to spend to gear characters to get Malak.

People just have completely unreasonable expectations and want everything for free. Well to those people I say get used to this. CG HAS to change how they earn money every so often. If they follow a pattern (i.e. 5 marquees ——-> Legendary) they become completely predictable, people hoarde the necessary resource, and thus don’t have to spend any money. CG has to make money for the game to survive. All they did here was switch from earning money on character shards to earning money on gear instead.

First of all, i know the devs have to make money, i just wanted somethin cool to be at least not this bad. The reason why i didnt farm for darth revan is because i didnt even think juhani and carth were a part of his event. I only started for canderous, badstilla, and hk47. Then again, you could buffer that because i only saw them as a part of the story AFTER the event.

Second, it would be very predictable if they did that every month, but changing it up is a little akward.

Third, you spend money, so you dont really understand the grind.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    AlexRevan wrote: »
    This event, to call it in some way, is a tease. All those who laugh here in favor of EA and you assure that you are total F2P lie. Only paying players can afford to have almost all the ORs at level 12.
    I hope the game is no longer viable and all your money turns into smoke. That day I will give for you.
    We should all row in one direction to stop EA abuses

I’m F2P. I don’t have either Revan. I laugh.

But I also don’t care.

Wow alex, severe.
    I also kinda get you nihion
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Options
    Why only two days? That’s insane, not to mention the requirements to get him.

What’s Jedi Knight Luke going to cost when he comes out? A kidney or just sloughed skin I can peel off my back from getting raked over the coals for three years?