Showdown at Star Forge [MEGA]

Replies

  • jstehly
    108 posts Member
    I can't play this event and I am nowhere close to qualifying for it, but the artwork continues to look fantastic from the videos I saw on Youtube. The overall visual design has been really solid over the past year.
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    I got him with no Darth Revan and I even unlocked his ship, suck on this CG w4jfx2t0ao1b.jpg

    I think that might be Darth Macelak.
  • Is this a launching event like the galactic chase events or it will coming back ? Can someone on CG be clear about that ?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    JuanSnow wrote: »
    Is this a launching event like the galactic chase events or it will coming back ? Can someone on CG be clear about that ?
    It seems pretty clear. This is a large-scale unlock event. The kind that they don't throw away. And his farm vector- the GET store- unlocks him once you win the event.

    There is no second step. It's all there. This is a cyclic event, and you need to beat the event to get Malak.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    JuanSnow wrote: »
    Is this a launching event like the galactic chase events or it will coming back ? Can someone on CG be clear about that ?
    It seems pretty clear. This is a large-scale unlock event. The kind that they don't throw away. And his farm vector- the GET store- unlocks him once you win the event.

    There is no second step. It's all there. This is a cyclic event, and you need to beat the event to get Malak.

    So is a new kind of event, that lasts for three days ?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    JuanSnow wrote: »
    So is a new kind of event, that lasts for three days ?
    Whether it's three days next time or they give it a proper week remains to be seen.

    But yes. It is a new event type, and like most events, it will come back.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    JuanSnow wrote: »
    So is a new kind of event, that lasts for three days ?
    Whether it's three days next time or they give it a proper week remains to be seen.

    But yes. It is a new event type, and like most events, it will come back.

    It’s a smart precedent for them tbh.
    Getting legendary and journey toons at the barest minimum might not be what to shoot for anymore.

    17,500 that’s the line now. I wonder who else will be released this way. And wondering if this will stick around or be gone like the wicket/mt events.
  • Nihion
    3241 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    My only issue is the Bastila buff, like why is nobody complaining about that?!

    Because it really doesn't matter? I upgraded mine ... big whoop, nothing to see here.

    It makes JKR better than DR... making Malak necessary unless you want 4 more months of JKR mirror matches.
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    Man, I so want to quit the game, but my guildies are too awesome, we on such a winning streak in tw, we owning GA even against all these noobs with big wallets, Everyone I have met in guild agrees as to how bad CG are at being humans I mean devs. Game was better before they did anything.

    This event is terrible, the update was terrible, f2p are forever worse off forever, even the people defending CG still are wanting the game to die forever so no-one could ever play it ever again.

    All for a character that changes nothing because arena is a tiny part of this game? I mean seriously, what will Malak do, make you beat the already beatable JKR? Malak changes nothing but improves your defence slightly, yet they go and make him a character that's harder to get then anything else ever in the game, while lieing about no needing hero characters to unlock characters.
  • Nihion
    3241 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Man, I so want to quit the game, but my guildies are too awesome, we on such a winning streak in tw, we owning GA even against all these noobs with big wallets, Everyone I have met in guild agrees as to how bad CG are at being humans I mean devs. Game was better before they did anything.

    This event is terrible, the update was terrible, f2p are forever worse off forever, even the people defending CG still are wanting the game to die forever so no-one could ever play it ever again.

    All for a character that changes nothing because arena is a tiny part of this game? I mean seriously, what will Malak do, make you beat the already beatable JKR? Malak changes nothing but improves your defence slightly, yet they go and make him a character that's harder to get then anything else ever in the game, while lieing about no needing hero characters to unlock characters.

    Then... there’s no issue? I don’t think that anyone here wants the game to end. And I’m gonna have to agree with whomever said it before: The “quitters” will be back in a week. Here’s our example.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    All for a character that changes nothing because arena is a tiny part of this game? I mean seriously, what will Malak do, make you beat the already beatable JKR? Malak changes nothing but improves your defence slightly, yet they go and make him a character that's harder to get then anything else ever in the game, while lieing about no needing hero characters to unlock characters.
    This is some insane ranting.

    If you're saying Malak doesn't change arena much, fine. He's reasonably balanced.

    Yes, Malak is difficult to get. But nothing compels you to get him first time. If you don't think he's that great, why worry about him? Get him next time, or the time after. Whatevs.

    And when did anyone say heroes aren't needed to unlock characters? That's been an expectation for a long time, with the speculation being CLS for RotJ Luke or JTR for Ep 9 Rey.
    Still not a he.
  • I really like SWGOH but I can’t afford to spend a lot of money on it. I hope D Revan and Malak come back again soon. KOTOR is my favorite SW game
  • So not even 24hrs yet after his event opened an they are already gonna beef him up even more. Someone must found summin tht wrks ok against him an they say oo no tht ain’t happening we will make him even more op. Now thts sum messed up stuff there now. Never seen em move so quik to upgrade a char.
  • I really like SWGOH but I can’t afford to spend a lot of money on it. I hope D Revan and Malak come back again soon. KOTOR is my favorite SW game
    Revan was 105 days between first and second event. Something similar this time is likely.
    Still not a he.
  • I just want to Thank cg for all the free time I'll gain from deleting your app. This malak roll out was the push i needed to retire from the game 👍

    Hey old guild mate.. I thought about it myself. -Pando
  • abc127
    19 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    We’ve discovered some Darth Malak match-ups that we’d like to improve in Darth Malak’s favor. We’re going to be making some changes to his kit, but we’re still finalizing what those changes are at the moment. Once we are finalized, we will let you know the changes.

    The hypocrisy in this bullet of the Bug reports is just about as appalling as it gets to a player. Why don't you just say "OOPS! We made a ridiculously OP character and asked people to spend $1000 on the squads, and then we forgot to test him against various meta. So some there ways to beat him... DARN.
    so now, we're going to change him so the rest of you who didn't pay us all that money can't possibly beat him. go back to the kids table and please don't participate. but we'll happily take your $1000 if you'd like to, in the future.".

    way to go CG.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    abc127 wrote: »
    The hypocrisy in this bullet of the Bug reports is just about as appalling as it gets to a player. Why don't you just say "OOPS! We made a ridiculously OP character and asked people to spend $1000 on the squads, and then we forgot to test him against various meta. So some there ways to beat him... DARN.
    Wouldn't that mean he's not ridiculously OP?
    Still not a he.
  • So they are already going to make changes so they can make him more powerful just after his release. While there at it they rework the rework of Grievous.
  • Palpatine lead, dn, sion, Darth revan, Bastila walked all over malak with Darth revan lead. I hope they have some fixes for malak or it's not anywhere near the meta jedi knight revan was and it is so much more difficult to obtain.

    Quite honestly, malak needs a pre taunt to really make him a defensive beast. Not having a pre taunt semi locks the fifth character into being Sith trooper.

    For high end arena play, my first impression on facing him is a bit underwhelming.
  • And also as far as Darth revan is concerned. The buff to jedi knight revan teams, Bastila new unique, is significant. Essentially no use at all to use Darth revan without malak in arena. Jedi revan both offensively and defensively because of the buff to Bastila, is better.

    They need to figure out what intentions Darth revan teams without malak are to be, because currently the former meta is again superior to this version. I get that the true meta for arena is to be malak (hopefully these changes improve him), but what about the standing of Darth revan teams without him? That is right now, the most underwhelming team in arena due to the new Bastila.
  • abc127
    19 posts Member
    @YaeVizsla you have nothing to do tonight except troll? Good life.
  • Nihion
    3241 posts Member
    abc127 wrote: »
    @YaeVizsla you have nothing to do tonight except troll? Good life.

    Wow, good comeback. The classic troll attack.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    abc127 wrote: »
    @YaeVizsla you have nothing to do tonight except troll? Good life.

    So anyone who points out the contradiction in your statement is a troll?
    Stay classy mate.

  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I especially like the in-game event icon taunting me on the Cantina home screen....even though I'm locked out of the event and can't participate.

    Nice touch.

    Yeah, the part where darth cash stares at you with his beady little eyes and says:
    "You didnt spend money, tough luck."

    I am still triggered, if that isnt apparent.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Devs, this will probably fall on deaf ears, but really, take a hint, and think it through before you do things like this.

    Im not letting this go.

    Now, you might be thinking, oh, this was a great idea to make some money after Darth revan and grevious sales failed, so just to pay off ea, might as well make this event the worst of them all. But in all honesty, the only thing darth cash was worth was our salt. The worst thing is darth cash staring me in the face whenever I enter the game, without even being able to mess around in his event. "Darth Cash" is my term of endearment by the way, in case youve noticed. But lets get to the point.

    1. Reveal him earlier. That is one reason that this **** so bad, was because kt caught us all off guard.

    Not in the slightest in a fun way.

    2. Make him require only 1 revan, instead of 2. Storywise according to the game and kotor, despite the fact that you want this to be the most epic event ever, you failed on that part. Right now hes not that op, and he shouldnt be this bad. And anyway, nobody can use him in arena because hes only 5 star and in the worst store!

    3. Gear requirements. This. Is. insane. Why? At 17500 power?! You joking? This is worse than endgame content!! My point has been proven by the THOUSANDS of posts dropping the f-bomb on you! What the hell?

    4. Make him worth it first time around. You cant just say hes going under maintenece after the SECOND DAY!! The only thing worth it this week is bastilla!

    I can even actually recommend this game to friends because its not even f2p friendly for someone who just wants to take this game on a joyride! They cant even cope with all the farming required at this time! I know i shouldnt be shouting but heres my point: MAKE. THIS. GAME. GOOD!!

    So anyway, trash my post or just not listen to the millions of people screaming, fix this, and have a great day while I enjoy my dealing with this garbage.

    Because if I dont point this out, someone else will!
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Thats not a bad word!
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Malak is the most expensive, hardest to obtain character in the game. You would think he would be on the level of JKR was when he was first released or CLS was. In reality, he’s pretty underwhelming. With the buff to Bastila, JKR still easily beats it and you can always just run a Palp lead and beat it too. That doesn’t make much sense. From a business standpoint you’re going to lose a lot of customers in the future. Who in the world is going to whale out for the next big thing when the last big thing wasn’t big? Thus, it makes sense that they will make changes to make the DR/Malak team the strongest in the game. It doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be able to be defeated by other teams, but it should definitely be a lot harder than it is now.

    Let’s not mention the fact that with the buff to Bastila, JKR is hands down better than a DR team without Malak. DR is supposed to shift the meta. It hasn’t. Sure people are running DR, but it’s more out of “I spent all this money so I want to use it” and “I’m bored with JKR after 6 months and want to try something new “ than it is “DR is the best meta squad.” From what I can tell, DR was supposed to shift the meta. It hasn’t. CG failed and it sounds like now they are going to fix it.
Sign In or Register to comment.