• Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    chron wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    I like this extra trailer footage:
    https://youtu.be/fwsizvp4Yak
    :D

Black Panther has no excuse having horrible CGI after seeing this.

At least the black panther was good.

It was nice, I'll give it that.

I've been playing catch up over winter, finally finishing Ragnarok last night. I have to say marvel, overall, has been fairly enjoyable. Only movies left to watch are Infinity War, Captain Marvel and Endgame.
  • Marvel rules...
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Right from the start of the teaser it seemed that Rey and Kylo Ren were working together and she was jumping on top of the ship. She was not in an attack stance and he was not firing at her. Something is amiss in that scene.

Klyo Rens helmet is being repaired by someone else. Hope it is one of his Knights of Ren comrades. I dont mind him getting his helmet back as it puts him back on the path to follow Darth Vader and Palpatine. Hope he goes to Mustafar and a Death Star to commune with both. Sith artifacts can keep the Sith Spirit inside.

I can see new Force users who use all of the Force be called Skywalkers and that is the school Rey creates as you can see she harnesses both sides of the Force.

Those are some solid points!

Perhaps someone is taking up Kylo's mantle as the leader of the first order? Could it be a decrepit Emperor?
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Ummm her staring daggers at his approaching ship didn't give you a hint? Kylo is in for a beat down.

exxgth2611ed.png

At various times in my 60 years I have received that look. Best advice, RUN.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

I've been playing catch up over winter, finally finishing Ragnarok last night. I have to say marvel, overall, has been fairly enjoyable. Only movies left to watch are Infinity War, Captain Marvel and Endgame.

Phase 3 is when I thought marvel really stepped it up. Before that I really only cared about captain America and the avengers movie
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

Phase 3 is when I thought marvel really stepped it up. Before that I really only cared about captain America and the avengers movie

IMHO, they were all really decent. I grew up watching the cartoons, but didn't get into the comics. So for a few of them, the back story really helped. I thought that they figured out how to make a marvel movie. Wish they would figure out SW.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

IMHO, they were all really decent. I grew up watching the cartoons, but didn't get into the comics. So for a few of them, the back story really helped. I thought that they figured out how to make a marvel movie. Wish they would figure out SW.

They were all good, but in phase 3 they were all great.
  • Nihion wrote: »

Not sure what the break down for each phase is, but the only movies I thought weren't as good were Dr Strange and Ragnarok. Strange kinda felt like a bad acid trip through a kaleidoscope and Ragnarok, IMHO, tried to be funny and was not.
  • Ummm her staring daggers at his approaching ship didn't give you a hint? Kylo is in for a beat down.

exxgth2611ed.png

At various times in my 60 years I have received that look. Best advice, RUN.
    The ship is coming in behind her in that shot...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Not sure what the break down for each phase is, but the only movies I thought weren't as good were Dr Strange and Ragnarok. Strange kinda felt like a bad acid trip through a kaleidoscope and Ragnarok, IMHO, tried to be funny and was not.

Ragnarok was hilarious, a big turn around from the first 2 Thor’s. They were running his story into the ground until Ragnarok. Strange was a little odd, I’ll give you that, but I think Black Panther, Civil War, and Homecoming definitely make up for it.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member

Ragnarok was hilarious, a big turn around from the first 2 Thor’s. They were running his story into the ground until Ragnarok. Strange was a little odd, I’ll give you that, but I think Black Panther, Civil War, and Homecoming definitely make up for it.

I thought Ragnarok tried to be funny, but fell flat. Thor is supposed to be this serious, archaic sounding god with a sense of humor of a typical viking. It was funny when Thor saw Hulk for the first time in the arena, that yes was epic. But the whole I know this guy from work was a bit out of character for the "Lord of Thunder". Thor came across as a typical teenager, making his hammer more a euphemism for his cellphone than an actual weapon.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

I thought Ragnarok tried to be funny, but fell flat. Thor is supposed to be this serious, archaic sounding god with a sense of humor of a typical viking. It was funny when Thor saw Hulk for the first time in the arena, that yes was epic. But the whole I know this guy from work was a bit out of character for the "Lord of Thunder". Thor came across as a typical teenager, making his hammer more a euphemism for his cellphone than an actual weapon.

I think that it was a good change of character for him. Once you lose everything, you realize who you really are, and I think he realized that he took everything for granted, including his hammer, part way through the movie.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member

I think that it was a good change of character for him. Once you lose everything, you realize who you really are, and I think he realized that he took everything for granted, including his hammer, part way through the movie.

I agree character growth is a must, especially for the hero. Cheap jokes? This isn't an Adam Sandler movie.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    edited May 2019

I agree character growth is a must, especially for the hero. Cheap jokes? This isn't an Adam Sandler movie.

Personally I think Ragnarok is the strongest of the Thor movies. Dark world tried to be serious gritty and edgy and was easily one of the worst in the Marvel franchise (my opinion)

Comedy was a good way to go in my opinion, Hemsworth has pretty good range as an actor and he pulled off a lot of funny moments throughout the first Thor movie and the first Avengers while maintaining his integrity for his serious moments. The friend from work bit I always put down to him having spent more time on Earth and growing accustomed to the humour of Stark and the other Avengers.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »

Personally I think Ragnarok is the strongest of the Thor movies. Dark world tried to be serious gritty and edgy and was easily one of the worst in the Marvel franchise (my opinion)

Comedy was a good way to go in my opinion, Hemsworth has pretty good range as an actor and he pulled off a lot of funny moments throughout the first Thor movie and the first Avengers while maintaining his integrity for his serious moments. The friend from work bit I always put down to him having spent more time on Earth and growing accustomed to the humour of Stark and the other Avengers.

The Marvel franchise is doing very well when it comes to casting, writing, etc. I'm not complaining. Just a few scenes/ lines seem odd for Thor. Overall it was a good film. The only two I need to see now are Captain Marvel and Endgame. Looking forward to endgame though.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Thanks @EA_Rtas ! This about sums it up.
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    New images from the set of Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker from Vanity Fair. Knights of Ren will be in the movie. Kinda disappointed they don't wield lightsabers since they were training to be jedi....EDIT: further reading the Knights of Ren were not all the members of Luke's academy necessarily.
    8g44wyfvq1sh.png
    star-wars-feature-vf-2019-summer-embed-09%2520(1).jpg
    star-wars-feature-vf-2019-summer-embed-01%2520(1).jpg
    star-wars-feature-vf-2019-summer-embed-07.jpg
    star-wars-feature-vf-2019-summer-embed-06.jpg
    star-wars-feature-vf-2019-summer-embed-05.jpg

Post edited by FREEDOMfrom on
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

The Marvel franchise is doing very well when it comes to casting, writing, etc. I'm not complaining. Just a few scenes/ lines seem odd for Thor. Overall it was a good film. The only two I need to see now are Captain Marvel and Endgame. Looking forward to endgame though.

Although I do not like Larson as a person - she did a good job with the character of Captain Marvel in the movie (I have yet to see End Game too).

I saw a potential list of next 8 MCU movies - sad to see another Hulk is not on the list.

His character has really developed over the MCU and he should get another movie, I mean seeing him develop into the Grey Hulk would be epic - espeically as the character for the Red Hulk has also already been introduced - hope we see that movie come to fruition.
  • Boo wrote: »

Although I do not like Larson as a person - she did a good job with the character of Captain Marvel in the movie (I have yet to see End Game too).

I saw a potential list of next 8 MCU movies - sad to see another Hulk is not on the list.

His character has really developed over the MCU and he should get another movie, I mean seeing him develop into the Grey Hulk would be epic - espeically as the character for the Red Hulk has also already been introduced - hope we see that movie come to fruition.

I expect that as long as marvel makes money, they will make movies. The comics give a huge selection of choices. Did Disney acquire FX yet? I think they're the ones who own the X-men. I would love to see the X-men in an Avengers game. Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver don't really count.
  • LordDirt
    4916 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Question, who is the character with their back turned in the Knights of Ren pic? Seems weird they are the only one not looking directly at the camera and their weapon was in the Solo movie. Possibly a character we already know?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Question, who is the character with their back turned in the Knights of Ren pic? Seems weird they are the only one not looking directly at the camera and their weapon was in the Solo movie. Possibly a character we already know?
    I don't think so. The knights of Ren, in the photo seems like there are 6ish of them all gathered around Abrams listening to what he wants. They all have full helmets on so even if he was facing the camera you wouldn't know who it was.
  • Isn't it debatable whether Anakin had a biological father? He may have been created by Darth Plagueis, or created by the force as a counter balance for Plagueis attempts to create life. Maybe Rey was created the same way. So "Sywalker" is like "Jesus". :)
  • LordDirt
    4916 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    RebelLion wrote: »
    Isn't it debatable whether Anakin had a biological father? He may have been created by Darth Plagueis, or created by the force as a counter balance for Plagueis attempts to create life. Maybe Rey was created the same way. So "Sywalker" is like "Jesus". :)

Comic came out recently that showed Darth Sidious creating Anakin.

Which means Palpatine is Anakins dad and Kylo Rens grandfather.

h8v9gznitc93.jpeg
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • RebelLion
    243 posts Member
    But there was a book that said otherwise. I don't believe either are canon. But, with Palpatine's cackle in the trailer he does seem to be relevant in the story again.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    RebelLion wrote: »
    But there was a book that said otherwise. I don't believe either are canon. But, with Palpatine's cackle in the trailer he does seem to be relevant in the story again.

The comic cited is canon. The book...does it say "Legends" anywhere? Legends were once canon but are now myths and mystery, what may have been but never truly was.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    The book was likely Darth Plagueis - which is now considered "Legend" content (non-canon).

But to be fair, the actual story behind the creation of Anakin is a major plot hole. For that plot hole to be filled by way of a comic book (cited above) is pretty darn weak.

Who knows - maybe all of this is part of the reason JJ is bringing back Palpatine in E9?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    The book was likely Darth Plagueis - which is now considered "Legend" content (non-canon).

But to be fair, the actual story behind the creation of Anakin is a major plot hole. For that plot hole to be filled by way of a comic book (cited above) is pretty darn weak.

Who knows - maybe all of this is part of the reason JJ is bringing back Palpatine in E9?

Plot hole?

Plot hole?

money making idea.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Plot hole?

money making idea.

But how?

Plot hole?

money making idea.

But how?

Simple. Having a second movie, or a book/ comic to explain away said plot hole is need, people are going to buy it.