ROLO Shards 1 vs. 2?

Draice
19 posts Member
Was there an announcement that the ROLO special battle would only yield 1 shard per person instead of 2?

Replies

  • Don't recall an announcement. I guess our lovely overlords decided that the shard shop was a little too good at providing gear so they decided to cut off the currency stream.
  • Don't recall an announcement. I guess our lovely overlords decided that the shard shop was a little too good at providing gear so they decided to cut off the currency stream.

    April 9th. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/200687/additional-changes-in-the-next-update#latest
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    The reason they gave was effectively a lie though.
    SBCrumb wrote:
    We will also be reducing the Rebel Officer Leia Organa and Imperial Probe Droid Shards earned in Territory Battles from 2 to 1 as Territory Battles will be more consistent and predictable with the update.

    The update had no changes to Territory Battles. They have been consistent for the last year.

    They just changed platoons to be more consistent and predictable.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • jkray622
    1267 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The reason they gave was effectively a lie though.
    SBCrumb wrote:
    We will also be reducing the Rebel Officer Leia Organa and Imperial Probe Droid Shards earned in Territory Battles from 2 to 1 as Territory Battles will be more consistent and predictable with the update.

    The update had no changes to Territory Battles. They have been consistent for the last year.

    They just changed platoons to be more consistent and predictable.

    True, but that has absolutely nothing to do with IPD or ROLO shards. Until the static platoons, neither was ever used in Platoons, because they were considered "special characters" for the TB. I'll update my post though to more reflect what I meant.
  • Draice
    19 posts Member
    Oh yeah, with a third map that's really going to cut back the shards. You CAN get ROLO in galactic bounties now, as well as IPD. So who becomes the new special on this map? Padme? Ki-adi-mundi?
  • Rath_Tarr
    1732 posts Member
    I sense a disturbance in The Force... possibly a future Jedi-Luke requirement but difficult to see the future is. ;)
  • TVF
    10348 posts Member
    edited April 18
    It's possible that (eventually) we will have a TB every week, rotating between LS/DS versions of Hoth and Geonosis, repeating every 4 weeks. Once we have the exclusive toons from Geonosis to 7*, we'll be back to the same amount of shard shop currency.

    Until then it's been effectively cut in half. Combined with the drastic reduction in shard currency bearing events (assault battles/ground wars/whatevers), it's pretty easy to assume that they feel like people have too much shard shop currency and are dialing it back. The longer we play the more toons we 7* and the more currency we earn, so it's not terribly surprising.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Beoccalt
    2 posts Member
    edited May 19
    I guess I now have two less teams for me to gear ;^P

    Doesn't matter for old players with maxed ROLO/IPD.
    Harsh for newer/retuning players. (I left for about a year.)
    With 1 ROLO shard per mission now I am looking at nearly 2 years away for P6 in a casual guild!!! (We got 9 this past week.)
    With old rewards I'd be hitting P4 5* ROLO mission in perhaps 2 months. Now 5-6 more months!!!

    I'm maxing P1-5 except missing ROLO 5*. P6 is 6/6 with Jedi 4/6 Rogue1 and Rebels.
    Post edited by Beoccalt on
  • TVF wrote: »
    It's possible that (eventually) we will have a TB every week, rotating between LS/DS versions of Hoth and Geonosis, repeating every 4 weeks. Once we have the exclusive toons from Geonosis to 7*, we'll be back to the same amount of shard shop currency.

    Until then it's been effectively cut in half. Combined with the drastic reduction in shard currency bearing events (assault battles/ground wars/whatevers), it's pretty easy to assume that they feel like people have too much shard shop currency and are dialing it back. The longer we play the more toons we 7* and the more currency we earn, so it's not terribly surprising.

    This still translates to one ls hoth per month which is the current frequency so I don't see how they will increase it beyond that...
  • Nauros
    2345 posts Member
    Hopefully they add ROLO and IPD shards to some store with the release of the new TB. As it is now, it's just cutting the drop in half with no compensation, which is hurting new players. One would think that CG wants to keep new players, not chase them away...
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Vendi1983
    2988 posts Member
    Galactic Bounties!
  • TVF
    10348 posts Member
    That's pretty infrequent though.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    1732 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Hopefully they add ROLO and IPD shards to some store with the release of the new TB. As it is now, it's just cutting the drop in half with no compensation, which is hurting new players. One would think that CG wants to keep new players, not chase them away...
    Not just new players either. Unless you were in a dedicated or well-established guild, it could take a very long time to get ROLO / IPD even at 2 shards.

    A store would indeed seem to be the logical alternative.
  • YaeVizsla
    1894 posts Member
    Fifty shards for winning a node is still a solid windfall. 750 shard shop currency for your guild is a lot. Getting disheartened because it's "just" one really hurts you and your guild.

    Yes, early guilds aren't gonna get a whole lot, but build it up even a little and you get a good income.
  • Woodroward
    3307 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The number of shards was increased from 1 to 2 when Dark Side Territory battles were launched, because the number of Light Side TBs was effectively cut in half.

    Actually it was increased from 1 to 2 to make up for tb's initial plan of 12 hour phases. There was actually many threads asking for it to be increased again to 4 shards when dark side tb came out.
  • Lor_San_Teka
    191 posts Member
    edited May 19
    Woodroward wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The number of shards was increased from 1 to 2 when Dark Side Territory battles were launched, because the number of Light Side TBs was effectively cut in half.

    Actually it was increased from 1 to 2 to make up for tb's initial plan of 12 hour phases. There was actually many threads asking for it to be increased again to 4 shards when dark side tb came out.

    This is demonstrably false. It helps no one when people blatantly spread misinformation like this.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157422/content-update-2-7-2018

    This is when shards were updated from 2 to 1. TB had been active for 6+ months, DSTB was introduced 2 months prior to this, in 11/17. The explanation for this was explicitly that it was due to LSTBs being cut in half with the introduction of DSTB, so both events would give double shards.
  • Woodroward
    3307 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The number of shards was increased from 1 to 2 when Dark Side Territory battles were launched, because the number of Light Side TBs was effectively cut in half.

    Actually it was increased from 1 to 2 to make up for tb's initial plan of 12 hour phases. There was actually many threads asking for it to be increased again to 4 shards when dark side tb came out.

    This is demonstrably false. It helps no one when people blatantly spread misinformation like this.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157422/content-update-2-7-2018

    This is when shards were updated from 2 to 1. TB had been active for 6+ months, DSTB was introduced 2 months prior to this, in 11/17. The explanation for this was explicitly that it was due to LSTBs being cut in half with the introduction of DSTB, so both events would give double shards.

    I stand corrected.

    It's not blatantly spread misinformation though as you claim. Everything i stated is true except that I had the complaint and the reason backwards.

    Your response was way too vehement to be justified by my slight misorder of information.
  • TVF
    10348 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The number of shards was increased from 1 to 2 when Dark Side Territory battles were launched, because the number of Light Side TBs was effectively cut in half.

    Actually it was increased from 1 to 2 to make up for tb's initial plan of 12 hour phases. There was actually many threads asking for it to be increased again to 4 shards when dark side tb came out.

    This is demonstrably false. It helps no one when people blatantly spread misinformation like this.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157422/content-update-2-7-2018

    This is when shards were updated from 2 to 1. TB had been active for 6+ months, DSTB was introduced 2 months prior to this, in 11/17. The explanation for this was explicitly that it was due to LSTBs being cut in half with the introduction of DSTB, so both events would give double shards.

    I stand corrected.

    It's not blatantly spread misinformation though as you claim. Everything i stated is true except that I had the complaint and the reason backwards.

    Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

    ;)
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woodroward
    3307 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The number of shards was increased from 1 to 2 when Dark Side Territory battles were launched, because the number of Light Side TBs was effectively cut in half.

    Actually it was increased from 1 to 2 to make up for tb's initial plan of 12 hour phases. There was actually many threads asking for it to be increased again to 4 shards when dark side tb came out.

    This is demonstrably false. It helps no one when people blatantly spread misinformation like this.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157422/content-update-2-7-2018

    This is when shards were updated from 2 to 1. TB had been active for 6+ months, DSTB was introduced 2 months prior to this, in 11/17. The explanation for this was explicitly that it was due to LSTBs being cut in half with the introduction of DSTB, so both events would give double shards.

    I stand corrected.

    It's not blatantly spread misinformation though as you claim. Everything i stated is true except that I had the complaint and the reason backwards.

    Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

    ;)

    Should have addressed that to Lor San Teka. That post is doing the same thing it is complaining of: Misrepresenting things.

    Personally I am not a fan of acerbic wit. I find it childish and pedantic.

    To rephrase: Jibes are a refuge for the sad.

    Chin up though, I'm sure you'll get over it.
  • TVF
    10348 posts Member
    Lol.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jkray622
    1267 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The number of shards was increased from 1 to 2 when Dark Side Territory battles were launched, because the number of Light Side TBs was effectively cut in half.

    Actually it was increased from 1 to 2 to make up for tb's initial plan of 12 hour phases. There was actually many threads asking for it to be increased again to 4 shards when dark side tb came out.
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The number of shards was increased from 1 to 2 when Dark Side Territory battles were launched, because the number of Light Side TBs was effectively cut in half.

    Actually it was increased from 1 to 2 to make up for tb's initial plan of 12 hour phases. There was actually many threads asking for it to be increased again to 4 shards when dark side tb came out.

    This is demonstrably false. It helps no one when people blatantly spread misinformation like this.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157422/content-update-2-7-2018

    This is when shards were updated from 2 to 1. TB had been active for 6+ months, DSTB was introduced 2 months prior to this, in 11/17. The explanation for this was explicitly that it was due to LSTBs being cut in half with the introduction of DSTB, so both events would give double shards.

    I stand corrected.

    It's not blatantly spread misinformation though as you claim. Everything i stated is true except that I had the complaint and the reason backwards.

    Your response was way too vehement to be justified by my slight misorder of information.

    You made two statements. One was demonstrably false. The other might be true - players might have asked for it to go to 4 - but it's irrelevant to the conversation because it had nothing to do with why the shards were increased to 2/TB.

    So no, everything you said is NOT true. In fact, your claiming fake information to be true is literally an example of "spreading misinformation."

    There's no "misorder" in your statement, there is only "misinformation" that you still haven't bothered to retract.
  • leef
    11930 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    The number of shards was increased from 1 to 2 when Dark Side Territory battles were launched, because the number of Light Side TBs was effectively cut in half.

    Actually it was increased from 1 to 2 to make up for tb's initial plan of 12 hour phases. There was actually many threads asking for it to be increased again to 4 shards when dark side tb came out.

    This is demonstrably false. It helps no one when people blatantly spread misinformation like this.

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/157422/content-update-2-7-2018

    This is when shards were updated from 2 to 1. TB had been active for 6+ months, DSTB was introduced 2 months prior to this, in 11/17. The explanation for this was explicitly that it was due to LSTBs being cut in half with the introduction of DSTB, so both events would give double shards.

    I stand corrected.

    It's not blatantly spread misinformation though as you claim. Everything i stated is true except that I had the complaint and the reason backwards.

    Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

    ;)

    Should have addressed that to Lor San Teka. That post is doing the same thing it is complaining of: Misrepresenting things.

    Personally I am not a fan of acerbic wit. I find it childish and pedantic.

    To rephrase: Jibes are a refuge for the sad.

    Chin up though, I'm sure you'll get over it.

    I can't figure this comment out. It's either full of humor, or you unintentionally called yourself a sad person.
    Save water, drink champagne!
Sign In or Register to comment.