Change to anakin!

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Javin37 wrote: »
    Just make the viable counters cost zetas and comparable gear.

Anakin took no zetas and was an easy gear.

Reward without effort never ends well.

Since they are refunding gear...just refund gear on anakin back to g7 and make him need new gear. some more stun guns, carbantis...and 2 zetas.

We want fairness don't we?

No.

I geared mine long ago and do not want his gear changed. Fix the issue and test better.

Thats the solution. Doing 60k on a basic is not something one should expect with poor mods

Please stop ignoring context. We are talking about a high-damage attacker (he packed quite a punch even before the rework), on a team full of offensive and defensive buffs, dealing high damage to a team based around sacrificing defense for offense. GMY can deal some crazy damage as well when buffed by Bastila.

Exactly this. Those citing his high damage are either willfully or accidentally completely missing the point that that kind of damage is ONLY possible against DR teams due to ferocity - and that is by design - DR teams sacrifice defense for more offense. The team itself is the epitome of "glass cannon". He doesn't do that kind of damage anywhere else - even in a Jedi team as an attacker.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Since they are refunding gear...just refund gear on anakin back to g7 and make him need new gear. some more stun guns, carbantis...and 2 zetas.

No.

I geared mine long ago and do not want his gear changed. Fix the issue and test better.

Thats the solution. Doing 60k on a basic is not something one should expect with poor mods

Please stop ignoring context. We are talking about a high-damage attacker (he packed quite a punch even before the rework), on a team full of offensive and defensive buffs, dealing high damage to a team based around sacrificing defense for offense. GMY can deal some crazy damage as well when buffed by Bastila.

Whos ignoring context. I get how DR teams work. Why do you think i exploit anakin against them?

Exploit is the key word too. This only works because of that mechanic and how anakin was reworked.

The question is should u expect to do that well. 60k on a basic with non optimal mods is a far cry from GMY with buffs fully modded for offense.

Is it working... sure, the question is should it? I dont think so. And yes i have DR and Malak, but i currently dont use as the mods i would need to be good in arena are on my JKR team and i dont see the need to move them

If you know how DR works, you shouldn't be surprised by JKA. He counters DR's extreme offense by his extra turns and deals a lot of damage against the low defense. Elegant counter that exploits the very things that make DR so strong.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

No.

Whos ignoring context. I get how DR teams work. Why do you think i exploit anakin against them?

Exploit is the key word too. This only works because of that mechanic and how anakin was reworked.

The question is should u expect to do that well. 60k on a basic with non optimal mods is a far cry from GMY with buffs fully modded for offense.

Is it working... sure, the question is should it? I dont think so. And yes i have DR and Malak, but i currently dont use as the mods i would need to be good in arena are on my JKR team and i dont see the need to move them

If you know how DR works, you shouldn't be surprised by JKA. He counters DR's extreme offense by his extra turns and deals a lot of damage against the low defense. Elegant counter that exploits the very things that make DR so strong.

But again.... i dont think its intentional as it requires no zetas, mods dont have to be good and it literally melts the team.

I get you guys like it. I can use it jump up the rankings too.... but i dont see it lasting because its too easy
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

No.

Exactly this. Those citing his high damage are either willfully or accidentally completely missing the point that that kind of damage is ONLY possible against DR teams due to ferocity - and that is by design - DR teams sacrifice defense for more offense. The team itself is the epitome of "glass cannon". He doesn't do that kind of damage anywhere else - even in a Jedi team as an attacker.

Strawman argument at its finest. Noone here hads pointed to any other team than a DR team with malak. Noone ive seen has listed any other team but jedi knight revan lead teams

The issue here is that this is too simple a counter. No investment required. Its too perfect and we all know it.

To think otherwise is to be dishonest with ones self.

Had this required a zeta.... or only happen if anakin was the leader, this would not be a topic... but this is a rework that directly counters the new shiny pay to win meta that they are still squashing f2p counters on....

This is a poorly tested rework that would nor have been released had they even tried this in the old meta against the new one.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

No.

But again.... i dont think its intentional as it requires no zetas, mods dont have to be good and it literally melts the team.

I get you guys like it. I can use it jump up the rankings too.... but i dont see it lasting because its too easy

It obviously isn't intentional, hence the stated intention to "look into it". But it's mechanics working as they were designed, it just got overlooked in testing. They somehow managed to come up with a counter to DR long before DR was out.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options

No.

Agreed. I'm just suggesting that to prove many of those speaking about fairness in arena are liars.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

No.

Agreed. I'm just suggesting that to prove many of those speaking about fairness in arena are liars.

Haha fairness in arena. If your credit is good you won.

If not you can hope for top 50
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options

No.

False.

ftp and 1 daily
  • Options
    I think JKA & Grievous are both meant to counter Darth Revan... both of em have that nasty AOE...

However the missing Galactic Republic (Padme) & Separatist (???) pieces that make both of em a beast against DR aren’t out yet.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

No.

False.

ftp and 1 daily

Congrats you are beating the system. But in general terms the whales will mostly win in arena.

Again that doesnt mean f2p cant. That doesnt mean it never happens... it means in general, the more you spend the easier your climb is.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    I think JKA & Grievous are both meant to counter Darth Revan... both of em have that nasty AOE...

However the missing Galactic Republic (Padme) & Separatist (???) pieces that make both of em a beast against DR aren’t out yet.

I would love for that to be the case..... but them looking into it doesnt sound good. Had that padme dropped and then anakin reworked... id be in agreement
  • Gannon
    1630 posts Member
    Options

No.

It obviously isn't intentional, hence the stated intention to "look into it". But it's mechanics working as they were designed, it just got overlooked in testing. They somehow managed to come up with a counter to DR long before DR was out.

Nobody ever said they were looking into it, the comment was that Carrie didn't expect it to last in top 3 slots. She was right, it didn't in most shards.
    Ppl figured out that they needed to mod DR Malak teams stronger to accommodate for the defense loss, and now they're back on top. Everyone using jkr targets the Anakin teams, as they're easy kills.

It balanced itself out, and the comment from Carrie makes perfect sense to me.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options

No.

False.

ftp and 1 daily

Congrats you are beating the system. But in general terms the whales will mostly win in arena.

Again that doesnt mean f2p cant. That doesnt mean it never happens... it means in general, the more you spend the easier your climb is.

As much as I would like to think so..I am not special. I just asked what the other ftp who were at the top did to get there and just did the same.

Save resources and wait for the next meta and push the best you can until then. That's how I beat the system. The resources used. Anakin takes almost nothing and no zetas. That's what I meant by fairness.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Gannon wrote: »

No.

Nobody ever said they were looking into it, the comment was that Carrie didn't expect it to last in top 3 slots. She was right, it didn't in most shards.
    Ppl figured out that they needed to mod DR Malak teams stronger to accommodate for the defense loss, and now they're back on top. Everyone using jkr targets the Anakin teams, as they're easy kills.

It balanced itself out, and the comment from Carrie makes perfect sense to me.

Erik did say they they were looking into it. In the “messaging” that Carrie said they were working on.
  • Options

I geared up Anakin way before all this. Don't penalize me back to seven for something the devs did. That's horse crap plus it will screw up my fleet. I plated him for his pilot ability.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options

No.

False.

ftp and 1 daily

As much as I would like to think so..I am not special. I just asked what the other ftp who were at the top did to get there and just did the same.

Save resources and wait for the next meta and push the best you can until then. That's how I beat the system. The resources used. Anakin takes almost nothing and no zetas. That's what I meant by fairness.

Without counters, how can one place first in arena to begin saving crystals? You need to be able to get on the train to ride it into future metas.

grevious is a counter.

takes some amount of gear and zetas though....like it should.

If you're behind then start saving now and get in on the next meta.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options

I geared up Anakin way before all this. Don't penalize me back to seven for something the devs did. That's horse crap plus it will screw up my fleet. I plated him for his pilot ability.

Don't want to penalize you for their mistake.

Just illustrating the anakin cheese runners are liars when they speak of fairness and balance...
  • Options
    I think annakin beating Malak is being overblown by a lot. There are literally zero teams running annakin in the top 50 in my shard. The top 20 is almost entirely made up of Malak with one Darth Revan team with hk instead and one CLS team. As a non Darth Revan player, I would love to see Annakin so that I might be able to get in the top 20. If they nerf annakin, it is a huge overreaction for nothing.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The only people who want Anakin nerfed seem to be 5* Malak owners who didn’t have the foresight to hoard GET in addition to crystals. 😂

f2pqs3hcbnz7.jpg

Umm im saying it and i have a good malak.... soon as i get 6 more stun gun salavage ill have his 2 gear 12 pieces ready to go....

Well ahead of 7 star and when i would need them.

Again im saying anakin shouldnt work like that and my malak can take the hits he gives....

My mods arent tuned for god tier speed and i see no reason to move those from my jedi revan team.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

No.

False.

ftp and 1 daily

Without counters, how can one place first in arena to begin saving crystals? You need to be able to get on the train to ride it into future metas.

grevious is a counter.

Now thats sage advise. Skip the current as youve missed it. The next one will land soon after DR/malak round 2 (unless they give malak a round 2 before doing DR again... then he will be round 3 when next meta drops)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    The only people who want Anakin nerfed seem to be 5* Malak owners who didn’t have the foresight to hoard GET in addition to crystals. 😂

f2pqs3hcbnz7.jpg

Umm im saying it and i have a good malak.... soon as i get 6 more stun gun salavage ill have his 2 gear 12 pieces ready to go....

Again im saying anakin shouldnt work like that and my malak can take the hits he gives....

My mods arent tuned for god tier speed and i see no reason to move those from my revan team.

Bubblechomp: The people who want Anakin nerfed own only 5* Malak.
    ShaggyB: That's not true. *Shows off his 5* Malak*
    This is gold...
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

f2pqs3hcbnz7.jpg

My mods arent tuned for god tier speed and i see no reason to move those from my revan team.

This is gold...

You are forgetting the qualifier "who didn’t have the foresight to hoard GET in addition to crystals. 😂" (assuming GET is GEAR)

Remember the context discussion... it does matter. You really cant take part of a quote when you are trying to make someone look dumb for showing off a fully geared character

I had the foresight to keep everything i needed for malak to take him up as far as one could day 1

I also dont use him in arena.... soooo
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options

No.

False.

ftp and 1 daily

grevious is a counter.

Now thats sage advise. Skip the current as youve missed it. The next one will land soon after DR/malak round 2 (unless they give malak a round 2 before doing DR again... then he will be round 3 when next meta drops)

The pattern has been a release that sets up the hard counter comes 2 weeks after. Last time was fallen bast to aid the traya teams. That release is always a soft counter that makes some existing team able to beat whatever the current meta is.

Then countdown to the hard counter which will dominate (or be another disaster).

Those missing out now just have to hang in there and save. If you have anything saved up you are ahead of malak owners as they just went through a major depletion of resources.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

f2pqs3hcbnz7.jpg

This is gold...

You are forgetting the qualifier "who didn’t have the foresight to hoard GET in addition to crystals. 😂"

Remember the context discussion... it does matter.

I had the foresight to keep everything i needed for malak to take him up as far as one could day 1

I also dont use him in arena.... soooo

Well did you? I have more Malak shards and I definitely didn't hoard GET. If you really did, your Malak would be 7*.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options

No.

False.

ftp and 1 daily

grevious is a counter.

The pattern has been a release that sets up the hard counter comes 2 weeks after. Last time was fallen bast to aid the traya teams. That release is always a soft counter that makes some existing team able to beat whatever the current meta is.

Then countdown to the hard counter which will dominate (or be another disaster).

Those missing out now just have to hang in there and save. If you have anything saved up you are ahead of malak owners as they just went through a major depletion of resources.

Not sure id even say major. I will give you i went through all my new pieces and purchased a few (rest of my malak was f2p as im crazy and had those characters at almost gear 12 before malak was announced. Was working on zaalbar, mission and canderous gear 12. Had carth and 1 piece left on t3 when ebon hawk dropped)

Malak wasnt a hard gear... atleast when compared to canderous, hoda and GK
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options

No.

False.

ftp and 1 daily

grevious is a counter.

Not sure id even say major. I will give you i went through all my new pieces and purchased a few (rest of my malak was f2p as im crazy and had those characters at almost gear 12 before malak was announced. Was working on zaalbar, mission and canderous gear 12. Had carth and 1 piece left on t3 when ebon hawk dropped)

Malak wasnt a hard gear... atleast when compared to canderous, hoda and GK

What were you able to get through with on Juhani?

The new gear on 3 levels for Malak was annoying. Are you planning on farming a stash of these for future use? I think it will be the way of things moving forward.
This discussion has been closed.