Can The Zeta Situation Be Improved?

Replies

• Lozsta
    195 posts Member
    Options
    I've also had different luck with the drop rates from challenges because I never finish a challenge day without getting at least one.

Aren't you the lucky one. I have gone weeks and weeks without one from challenges.
  • Shadowscream
    971 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    The best way to improve your Zeta situation is to get into the Top 5 in Fleet Arena.
    Fleet Arena is much less competitive than normal Arena and it’s smaller in total numbers.

—> I totally neglected my fleet and sat about 100th for ages, I’ve spent several months working on it as FTP and am now reaching Top 10. I’d strongly recommend doing this!
  • Options
    Simple, only zeta chars you like.
  • Options
    Zeta rarity is what makes them so valuable. What you do with them helps differentiate you from others.

No.

Zeta mats on their own are useless. They're valued because of the opportunities they can unlock when applied to a particular character.

By this logic, money has no value until you use it to buy something useful.

Yes. That’s exactly the point.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Agree, there needs to be a zeta pack and events like the omega do.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Simple, only zeta chars you like.

But it's Star Wars! I like too many.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    We get more opportunities to receive zetas now than ever before, but I wouldn’t mind one more way or two to get them.

With so many new characters and reworks being released, as well as the need for very solid team comps that require them to be equipped on leaders or key support in tw, ga, and I assume the upcoming Tb, it is a big crunch even if you’re selective these days.

More opportunities?

They have reduced the MT event down from 2 days to one, GA you have to come first when a zeta is actually offered to get much out of it, Ship challenges drop 0 of them sometimes over entire months, TW requires you to be in a good guild to get any of them out of it. Only ships oneish a day can actually guarentee anything..

And that's if your invested into ships.

They have made it harder, and also keep on adding more and more zeta requirements into the game. I can't even look at the sep's because of the amount of zeta's they require to get started so GG will always be on the back burner.

There is no where near enough omega's coming in too. But CG hates doing anything for us since CG hates their entire playerbase. They won't even actually give us some Quality of life unless they can twist it into actually being terrible for us and good for their wallets.
  • MoBlaq
    585 posts Member
    Options
    Cap increase to 90 would help with higher tier rewards on daily challenges
  • Options
    We have the wicket and talzin event, they can just put those on rotation more.

Thank you for bringing these events up.
    Now, you had those events...
    Sincerely,
    CG_Carrie
  • EdSolo
    422 posts Member
    Options
    I currently need around 800 omegas if I were to upgrade all my toons non-zeta abilities. Of course a lot of those toons are toons like CUP and the like. I probably should upgrade maybe around 20 to 25 more abilities. For me, it is both a zeta and omega crunch to an extent. At this point, I was getting to the "where should I put my next zeta" way of thinking. I was running out of places to put one that I thought was important. Then Malak hit so now I essentially figured I had to put them on Carth, Zaalbar, Mission and Fallen Bastila. My last one went to Carth, next one will go to Mission, then probably Zaalbar and Bastila. I haven't bothered with T3 yet and probably won't unless I need to make a droid team.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

That doesn't change the fact, that zeta income has improved significantly, which @Rockstar seemed to overlook/ignore.

When you have a relevant point, feel free to let us know. Increase in income is irrelevant when increase in expenditures out paces it.

Yes, zeta income has increased to a level that is too great for the zeta system of old that was first launched, but simultaneously has not increased nearly enough for the zeta demands of today's game.

In short, like most things in this game, it is out of balance and not in favor of the players.
  • Options
    I have every ability in the game omega’d. I need zetas.
  • Options
    As some people mentioned already i think it's ok how it is atm. If we get to many zeta mats in a short time what's the point of the game?

For me (f2p) this game is basically like pokemon in star wars universe. If i had every toon and zeta in a relatively short period of time the game would have no interesting aspect. Raids and pvp are nice but get's stale very fast because you get everything so fast it doesn't matter wether they give you new characters or not. That's why i don't envy whales or people in general that spend thousands of or hundreds of dollars in the game. Also you don't get the same feeling of satisfaction imo but that's another topic as a whole.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    We get more opportunities to receive zetas now than ever before, but I wouldn’t mind one more way or two to get them.

With so many new characters and reworks being released, as well as the need for very solid team comps that require them to be equipped on leaders or key support in tw, ga, and I assume the upcoming Tb, it is a big crunch even if you’re selective these days.

More opportunities?

They have reduced the MT event down from 2 days to one, GA you have to come first when a zeta is actually offered to get much out of it, Ship challenges drop 0 of them sometimes over entire months, TW requires you to be in a good guild to get any of them out of it. Only ships oneish a day can actually guarentee anything..

They have made it harder, and also keep on adding more and more zeta requirements into the game.

As described in a comment of mine, a lot of new sources for zeta materials have also been introduced since zetas were introduced.
    Yes, they decreased the duration of the MT event by one day, but at also GAs were added - some award zeta materials, others award omegas.
    But CG hates doing anything for us since CG hates their entire playerbase. They won't even actually give us some Quality of life unless they can twist it into actually being terrible for us and good for their wallets.

CG didn't create this game for your entertainment. They created it to gain a profit through your entertainment.
  • Options
    The drop rate is fine.

I like that you can’t zeta EVERYONE.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Rockstar wrote: »

That doesn't change the fact, that zeta income has improved significantly, which @Rockstar seemed to overlook/ignore.

When you have a relevant point, feel free to let us know. Increase in income is irrelevant when increase in expenditures out paces it.

Yes, zeta income has increased to a level that is too great for the zeta system of old that was first launched, but simultaneously has not increased nearly enough for the zeta demands of today's game.

In short, like most things in this game, it is out of balance and not in favor of the players.

In your first comment you completely overlooked the fact that zeta income has increased as well since "once upon a time". You need to consider the increased income as well, if you want to make a valid point. That's my only point. I'm glad that you realised this, and now include the increased supply as well in your argument.
  • Options
    There are more zeta abilities, but lots of them are on non-meta characters or the abilities are only modest improvements. I think the increase in zeta income is greater than the increase in _important_ zetas.

For example, some would say a DR-Malak team needs 8 zetas (3 DR, 2 Malak, 2 HK, 1 BSF). In reality, the BSF zeta and the HK damage boost zeta do very little, so it's actually 6. 6 is still a lot, but the point is that if you put on the last 2 (squandering them), that's how you constantly run out.

People often spend zetas in ways that are helpful, but not especially impactful. Another example is putting mediocre zetas on pilots just to improve their ships. Sometimes that extra point of speed makes a huge difference, but usually not.
  • Options
    I agree more Zeta materials are needed in the game. They keep introducing teams with 4-5+ Zetas and it's pretty impossible to keep up.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »

And you're not because...……….? …..You don't like zetas? I don't know, I'm really trying here.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Preach on, no clue how CG thinks we will gear up characters if we can't make them viable with the zetas.
  • Options
    Docx wrote: »
    Preach on, no clue how CG thinks we will gear up characters if we can't make them viable with the zetas.

Exactly!
  • Options
    If anything needs a boost in availability it’s stun guns. Stun guns feel considerably more valuable than zetas, and that much more rare.

Disagree. Stun guns are widely available in the Weekly Shipments now. We don't have the opportunity to buy zetas.
  • Options
    The zeta situation is fine. The omega could be picked up a bit more as well as purple mats. With the announcement of Geonosis TB, what we really need is credit heist to be fixed with a new tier giving more credits or up the cadence again. There are too many GR, Clone and Separatist characters to level since they were all obsolete characters by the time R2 and Phoenix were released.

That’s a lot of characters to get up to speed. 7*ing is not the issue, it’s the 80mil + to get them all to level 85 to be useful. Not even mad that Destroyer Droid is HMNode farm.
  • Options
    rdufield wrote: »
    My question is why is it the only challenge that you might not get any of. If you at least get one everytime it will be the same as the others.

With a drop rate of slightly above 50%, you even out at slightly more than one zeta material every day the challenge appears.