Looking into issue with Grand Arena Championship

Replies

• Redapple
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    75w4x7i19kus.jpg
    Broken matchmaking. I can not field 16 teams that are worth a dern at 3.8m gp. But I bet the 4.8m gp challenger can. SMH. If this is new normal I will quit.
  • Options
    They will act like this is what was intended. Then next GA they will fix it without saying a word. They already look incompetent from last GA so they won’t fix this and admit another mistake.
  • LoreleiPhoenix
    148 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    zy6axets1vcp.jpg
    The first one I actually had a chance...now...I guess I need to bend over and grab my ankles...
    Not even a slight chance...funny because I am one of the peeps who is always defending the GA in my guild...I also always tell them that I never give up...you can win with strategy even if you are an underdog...I tell them to call me "don Quixote"...I think I need to start tilting towards the matchmaking because unless this person is incarcerated...he has guaranteed 1st place...not right.
  • Hassos
    10 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Hassos wrote: »
    Just tell me rules with matchmaking.

Mods with 6*?

qtlkzapzkjre.png

The 2 million guy is the one who should be complaining not the 1.6

you know how much is 400k difference or you are just ignorant? 12 zetas more is the reason to complaining? I dont think so.
    I have 35 g12- he 32. 9 g11, he has 11 g11. And if there is a little difference between us tell me how many g10 characters he may has?
    And another question. g10 darth revan with 3 zetas is good or not? g10 GG with 2 zetas, droideka on g9, b1/b2 on g10 are good or not? Maybe padme on g9 with 2 zetas is weak and he really should be complainig because he has weakest mods😁? He has excatly 32 g10 characters. I have just 7! And if I put 6 good teams on defense, I have 3 very good/3 good teams on attack. If he put a lot of better teams on his defense, he will still have about 6/7 more squads to attack than I because of this f*****g 400k difference!

Tell me the rules of matchmaking- its pretty sure that peoples with 3.5mln GP are more powerfull than peoples with 2.5. They are playing longer and probably they will have the most powerfull characters like drevan, padme, gg.

For example how my friend should fight if he is 1.4 mln against guy with 2.2 mln? They have 5 g12 characters- but guy with 2.2 mln have maxed jkr team,with jkr 3 zetas, rey (training) and guy with 1.4 mln phoenix team with 2 zetas, and FO team with 2 zetas.

And you will say that guy with 2.2 mln should complaining because he has together 6 zetas and guy with 1.4 mln- 8?

• Lothar582
    14 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    nqx0ihiqq600.jpg

Lol what kind of match making is this? I'm the only Division 2 in my bracket.
    600k Character GP difference, no biggie haha.

Im game, but I sure as hell better be getting Div1 rewards, plus extra rewards commensurate to the 600k Character GP handicap I'm forced to fight against.

SNAFU: The Returns.
    Post edited by Lothar582 on
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    I had such a good adversary in canceled GA :/
    I think that was the reason they canceled it :(
    Now I have a guy with gold Malak while I don’t have any. And... of course no Malak event for us.
    Fffffffank you so much, CG!
  • Options
    Waiting for a reply from @CG_Erik or from anyone from in CG. This must be a bug, right? Or are you just pushing more players away from the game?
    Why would the matchmaking match up players from different divisions? The GP differences are a joke aswell. ~1 mil GP differences going around everywhere... at higher end it might not matter as much but at a lower level that means that one of the players will have teams for second chances and the other plain simply won't have the teams. In my guild there's a fella with 1.5 mil GP going against a 2.5 mil GP. Good luck to him right?
    Anyway some sort of communication going out saying that "sry, we screwed up and will fix this now" would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Stpo punishing people for being PvP oriented by matchmaking them with players who has even 40% more GP. It's not a single case it's global. Rollback to old system which was good. At least for the first Championship. After that you can start taking places we got into consideration, but please stop messing with "squads factor". Because it is **** what you gave us now
  • Options
    Same here! Division 4 is mixed with 3. a lot players with both Revans and two with Malaks and over 400K - 500k than others. Game says division 4 is 2.5M to 3.09 so what the f**ck are doing guys with 3.5M in my rooster???? Do you really think it is comparable and fair to play??? Many players from my guild that are oriented on pvp are **** SO MUCH!!!! Really BIG Grand Arena Championship Event is a HUGE FAIL so far!!!
  • Vsev
    1 posts Member
    Options
    I am the only one from division 4 with all my opponents from division 3.
    My GP is 2.6 M (1.475 M + 1.151 M), while my opponents are:
    - 3.3 M (2.0 + 1.3)
    - 3.598 M (2.0 + 1.55)
    - 3.334 M (2.05 + 1.28)
    - 3.24 M (1.967 + 1.28)
    - 3.568 M (2.14 + 1.42)
    - 3.536 M (1.97 + 1.55)
    - 3.44 M (2.05 + 1.387)
    How should I compete them? More than 500K difference in ground force with everyone.
  • Options
    Lower divisions means lower rewards but you got to beat higher divisions to get your lower rewards.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Options
    I'm *really* curious to know what, in the canceled exhibition, prompted them to make the matchmaking changes they say they did...which have resulted in widespread experiences of WORSE matching than the first time around.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    DocDoom wrote: »
    I'm *really* curious to know what, in the canceled exhibition, prompted them to make the matchmaking changes they say they did...which have resulted in widespread experiences of WORSE matching than the first time around.

Except for 95% of the posted mismatches her and on reddit are not mismatches..... and the ones that are well no difference from any other GA....

The Lies ppl spouting all of a sudden are scary.....
  • Options

I agree, the last matchup was pretty solid. I'm usually in the top half based on the meta teams I've farmed and geared. With the last matchup, there were a couple people that could beat me and several that I was pretty confident I would beat. It seemed like a pretty accurate reflection of the broader community at my GP level. The new matchmaking is just horrible. The top guy in my bracket literally has 50% more squad GP than me.
  • Options

Except for 95% of the posted mismatches her and on reddit are not mismatches..... and the ones that are well no difference from any other GA....

I don't know what you're looking at. I see tons of valid complaints all through the forum. Sure there are also examples of complaints that could be argued aren't horrible, but that doesn't even appear to be half of the complaints to me. Your 95% mark is pure ****. Don't overemphasize the exceptions just because they exist. The current matchmaking clearly had components to it that are broken. Don't defend broken just because some people are providing poor examples. There are plenty of legitimate examples.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    GodlikeNay wrote: »

I don't know what you're looking at. I see tons of valid complaints all through the forum. Sure there are also examples of complaints that could be argued aren't horrible, but that doesn't even appear to be half of the complaints to me. Your 95% mark is pure ****. Don't overemphasize the exceptions just because they exist. The current matchmaking clearly had components to it that are broken. Don't defend broken just because some people are providing poor examples. There are plenty of legitimate examples.

except probably 19 OUT OF 20 of these matches being posted are NOT MISMATCHES BRUH

your numbers are sooo much better too....give me a break
  • Options
    Yeah i am the only ohne in this Grand Arena with Division 4. all the other Guyana are Division 3 with over 1 million more Galactic Power. Pls fix this and reset the grad Arena again. If not i am done with this Game. How unfair is that
    Any comment from EA to this issue???
  • Options
    Like really???

My GP si 2,6M, My oponents have 3,3M; 3,7M; 3,2M.... Is not fear! Is not for my motivation. Lost time for my! Grand Arena is big mistake! Please repair the GA.

Thx and have nice day!
    Alvin CZ
  • Options
    Hdsdywlplq2v7.png
    Hi,

I cant join the aréna :(

No activ Event.. ...😣
  • Options
    You missed the sign up. It ended 21 hours ago
  • Options
    I know i dont missed it
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    The real problem to me seems like matchups where players post a different number of squads...

The clarity on how Divisions are sorted helps a little... but it’s confusing. If Divisions are purely sorted by GP - and NOT like shards - then why do the divisions matter if we’re not being matched by overall GP? Divisions seem redundant at that point, other than figuring out how many teams to place (how many “top roster characters” are being reviewed for matchmaking in the first place).
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    I'm working on the same premise as previous GA's. Deploy, watch TV, collect whatever is offered as a reward. No sense getting upset, ranting, meh.. another day in game.
  • Options
    I’m in division 2 matched against division 1 players with 500k more gp or more... there is something very wrong about that
  • Options
    I have the same problem as Maleagan, I cant join GA.
    And i dont missed the sign up.
  • Options
    I’m new to the forum so this post is intended respectfully. One of the things I like about the new championship format is how I can see allies on the leaderboard. There’s a few guys I tonk regularly in squad arena who it turns out are 4 divisions above me. I never worried about mismatching when I went after them in the arena. It strikes me that if you fight, you fight. No matter how big, how ugly or how likely you are to get your Aristotle handed to you. A fighter is a fighter. End of (ask Andy Ruiz). Or you can make graphs. But I don’t know how much they are going to help you be a fighter.
  • Options
    Still error. Stuck in the battle twice. First when the battle was still in progress, restarted and counted as loss with protection and health reduced on the opponent team. Second when the battle was already finished, I won the battle but also counted as loss but this time the opponent team still have full protection and health
  • GIJippo
    107 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I have someone in my bracket 50% higher in GP. I have a guildmate with someone 100% higher in theirs. Another guildmate had GP of squads reduced after deploying??? What is the point of divisions if we don't stay INSIDE them?

What on Earth is going on? This format is really great but whatever all of the things that are supposed to keep it competitive are very broken.