Kit Reveal: Negotiator

Prev13
CG_SBCrumb
511 posts EA Community Manager
o158id4z80jk.gif

UNIT NAME: Negotiator
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Capital Ship, Galactic Republic, Jedi
Offensive Jedi Capital Ship that uses Valor to bolster ally attacks and increase its Speed

ABILITIES:

Basic: Impeccable Timing
qgpdxuxfuosi.gif
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and grant target ally Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns.

Target Lock: Inflict Offense Down for 2 turns.

Special 1: Republic Protection (Cooldown 5)
dup7k7esrkho.gif
FINAL TEXT: Grant target ally Offense Up for 3 turns and all Galactic Republic allies Unending Loyalty for 3 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. Grant all allies Protection Up (25%) for 2 turns.

Unending Loyalty: Can't be defeated during the first enemy attack (including assists) that would otherwise defeat this ship. When reduced to 1% Health, gain Stealth and Protection Up (50%) for 2 turns and this buff expires.

Special 2: Mobilize (Cooldown 4)
8q4ft3y2mr5v.gif
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and Daze them for 2 turns. Inflict Target Lock for 2 turns on 2 random enemies that aren't already Target Locked. All allies gain 30% Turn Meter. Grant all Galactic Republic allies Valor for 2 turns, then all allies with Valor are called to assist.

Special 3 (Ultimate): Y-Wing Assault (Cooldown 12)
iaj9xt13sdzi.gif
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies, place 3 Concussion Mines on them for 1 turn, and increase all enemy cooldowns to max (excludes Capital Ships). These Concussion Mines can't be dispelled, prevented, or resisted. This ability can't be evaded and starts on cooldown.

Unique: Republic Determination

FINAL TEXT: All allies have +25% Potency and Galactic Republic allies have +25% Accuracy. All enemies deal 25% less damage when attacking out of turn. Galactic Republic allies also deal 10% more damage for each other ally with Valor, doubled for Jedi allies. If Anakin's Starfighter is present at the start of battle, it gains Unending Loyalty for 3 turns.

Reinforcement Bonus: Reinforcements gain Critical Damage Up for 2 turns.

SYNERGIES:
crrdyekkvc1f.gif

Replies

  • Legend91
    891 posts Member
    Looks strong AF
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Stud3099
    568 posts Member
    The other ships shown in the background are a little confusing.
  • TVF
    17944 posts Member
    Maybe they're dazed.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Get2?
  • Stud3099
    568 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Also, I’m not quite seeing how it’s going to counter the FAlcon meta. I guess we’ll see in 3 months when people start to unlock it
  • I don't think we buy g12 finishers with the MK2 get, do you? Maybe I'm wrong but thought that was different currency and store for that.
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    Also, I’m not quite seeing how it’s going to counter the FAlcon meta. I guess we’ll see in 3 months when people start to unlock it

    It kills assists (multiple sources of daze, reduces out-of-turn damage), increases accuracy (helps counter Geo Spy, Phantom II, ITF, and the Falcon with its buff up), and has what's essentially a weaker, mass version of Savior. Geos and the Falcon fleets are both going to have some issues. Hard to say whether this is a hard counter without trying it, though.
  • Ultra
    4522 posts Member
    Looks like cooldown increase to max is resistable
  • TVF
    17944 posts Member
    IronRanger wrote: »
    I don't think we buy g12 finishers with the MK2 get, do you? Maybe I'm wrong but thought that was different currency and store for that.

    Yeah that's the GAC store, not the GEC/GEC2 store.

    One letter off ;)
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Witness
    48 posts Member
    So what do the concussion mines do?
    Don’t see how to defeat HT if ani dies
  • HELLO THERE! A new cap ship is worth it just on being able to use excess ships in tw.
  • TVF
    17944 posts Member
    Aldrahn wrote: »
    Hiding the unlock to the new fleet meta capital ship, behind MK2 from end-game TB is finally what will make me quit the game. Spectacular way to make top spots in fleet unnaproachable for people not in "TIP OF THE SPEAR" guilds. I can kiss this game goodbye since all I was able to get #1 in was fleet. Cue song..another one bites the dust...

    Goodbye.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Witness wrote: »
    So what do the concussion mines do?
    Don’t see how to defeat HT if ani dies

    They do the same thing as when the B-28 inflicts them - "Deals damage equal to 10% of the target's Max Health and Dazes the target for 2 turns when it explodes. Can't be Dispelled."
  • Ponnek
    17 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    IronRanger wrote: »
    I don't think we buy g12 finishers with the MK2 get, do you? Maybe I'm wrong but thought that was different currency and store for that.

    Yeah that's the GAC store, not the GEC/GEC2 store.

    One letter off ;)

    I think GEC2 is also for g12 finishers:

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205528/gear-12-finishers-overview
    There are 3 new exclusive pieces for Gear 12 finishers: Injector Head, Injector Handle, and Injector Cell. The salvages for these pieces will be obtainable through Geonosian Territory Battles rewards and the new currency from Geonosian Territory Battles, Grand Arena Championships Shipments, and farmable via PvE nodes.
  • TVF
    17944 posts Member
    Ponnek wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    IronRanger wrote: »
    I don't think we buy g12 finishers with the MK2 get, do you? Maybe I'm wrong but thought that was different currency and store for that.

    Yeah that's the GAC store, not the GEC/GEC2 store.

    One letter off ;)

    I think GEC2 is also for g12 finishers:

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205528/gear-12-finishers-overview
    There are 3 new exclusive pieces for Gear 12 finishers: Injector Head, Injector Handle, and Injector Cell. The salvages for these pieces will be obtainable through Geonosian Territory Battles rewards and the new currency from Geonosian Territory Battles, Grand Arena Championships Shipments, and farmable via PvE nodes.

    Oh like you can trust anything they say here. Maybe if it was on Reddit I'd believe it.

    (good catch)
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Enas_Yorl
    173 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Bad choice to put a flagship in a TB guild event store. No more saying here but fits to the overall picture and state of the game. Rather depressing. Like Malak ... which i have ... i still cant buy necessary gear to compete in Arena because itherwise i am dumbed down to the 100. So same story and same frustration here on my side. Very bad move, i am upset.
  • Legend91
    891 posts Member
    Aldrahn wrote: »
    Hiding the unlock to the new fleet meta capital ship, behind MK2 from end-game TB is finally what will make me quit the game. Spectacular way to make top spots in fleet unnaproachable for people not in "TIP OF THE SPEAR" guilds. I can kiss this game goodbye since all I was able to get #1 in was fleet. Cue song..another one bites the dust...

    Because the Chimera was unbeatable and people definitely didn't climb with Executrix.
    Because the HT was unbeatable and people definitely didn't find ways to beat it like the Bistan + Vader combo.
    Because the M.ILF was unbeatable and people definitely didn't beat it with Poe or KRU.
    ...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Daishiva
    7 posts Member
    edited June 25
    As usual. The only way to break the meta of a unit that is far too strong (Han's Falcon) is to create another unit that counters every single aspect of it.

    We'll just be moving from 50 AA/ Han's Falcon to 50 GK/JKA in ship arena now.
  • Dk_rek
    3235 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Locked behind GET2 is a horrible choice. Way to piddle in the faces of those who like ships.....39,150 to unlock is disappointing.

    This.... For Ship fans it's ****..... If I choose to go after this ship all the Gear I'm foregoing will ensure I finish last in everything so I will actually never have to currency to even unlock the thing before I die or the servers close....

    It's beyond, beyond insane
  • So does Unending Loyalty expire on all ships once 1 ally has been saved by it, like JKR Saviour, or can your whole active fleet be saved once each @CG_SBCrumb ?

    Seems very much like this is intended once again to be a new dominant meta instead of rock/paper/scissors as was promised!
  • Dk_rek
    3235 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Daishiva wrote: »
    As usual. The only way to break the meta of a unit that is far too strong (Han's Falcon) is to create another unit that counters every single aspect of it.

    We'll just be moving from 50 AA/ Han's Falcon to 50 GK/JKA in ship arena now.

    Really will it break the falcon if it does how many YEARS from now when people actually can farm it.... a lotta what ifs there to spend the currency on a ship that will ensure you finish LAST in arena, LAST in GAC, suck at TB...... Like I LOVE ships but seems like investing in this ship is just plain DUMB
  • YaeVizsla
    3203 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Locked behind GET2 is a horrible choice. Way to piddle in the faces of those who like ships.....39,150 to unlock is disappointing.
    Imma count that as "slap in the face" for the bingo card.

    If you want it, make it a priority, same as anything. It'll be a hike to get there, but considering it looks like a hard counter to the Ackbar/Falcon lineup we have right now, it'll probably be arena viable at five stars, and fleet's notoriously slow to shift gears.
    Aldrahn wrote: »
    Hiding the unlock to the new fleet meta capital ship, behind MK2 from end-game TB is finally what will make me quit the game. Spectacular way to make top spots in fleet unnaproachable for people not in "TIP OF THE SPEAR" guilds. I can kiss this game goodbye since all I was able to get #1 in was fleet. Cue song..another one bites the dust...
    "Hiding?" It's pretty clear.

    You can start making progress as low as an 80 million guild. If yours isn't there, you can change gears. This is about as fair a means of getting it out there as any.

    The main alternative is to release the Negotiator via a legendary event. That would probably mean Separatist ships, of which there are currently three, so that would mean requiring at least one brand new marquee Separatist ship to fill the lineup, which folks always flag as cash grab gatekeeping. Then there would need to be a capital ship, which given we're almost confirmed getting the Malevolence soon probably means we wouldn't get a loaner in a Negotiator legendary. That makes two new ships required for a Negotiator legendary to be possible. And still, the event would require some pretty heavy investment in a fleet you'll use zero members of under Negotiator in order to get it at all.

    By comparison, the GET2 route is just... if your guild's not doing GeoTB, jump ship to a guild that is. Same answer as always when your guild isn't performing to meet your needs. This is about as fair as you can ask. Will other people get Negotiator faster than you? Probably. But how ain't that gonna be true?
    Still not a he.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Locked behind GET2 is a horrible choice. Way to piddle in the faces of those who like ships.....39,150 to unlock is disappointing.

    Where is that confirmed now?
    I have only seen a "leak" which can easily be faked
  • TVF
    17944 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Locked behind GET2 is a horrible choice. Way to piddle in the faces of those who like ships.....39,150 to unlock is disappointing.

    Where is that confirmed now?
    I have only seen a "leak" which can easily be faked

    It's in the developer's insight thread.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
Sign In or Register to comment.