Fix GA Championship Match up

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Garios129 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Roster depth creates options. You have more B teams to place on defense that might not hold on defense but cost your opponent enough points that when the A teams are used to clear there isn't a chance. Restricting MM to only the teams you should field isn't fair because it doesn't count the teams you can field.

Develop more A teams, then. Teams that can clear the defense in first attempt. Save more A teams for offense. Adjust your strategy.

Thanks for validating my point. To compete one needs more teams. The point of the post is that the MM system can't work off of one variable. That's one of the biggest problems with all of their attempts at MM for both TW and GA. They say their algro works off of one point. But one point doesn't make a roster. There are a number of factors. IE Meta Teams or most likely top X of roster. Mods, they are the hugest impact on this game and clearly define a person that understands the game and doesn't. Total GP does play a factor in MM some counters to teams use older toons that might not be in the top X toons for the match ups but are still variable.

For those saying have you fought them yet.

This is the second round of GA and in both pairing groups I have had the same situation. Matching up against players with more roster depth.

For those saying its the same post each time this happens, stop reading them or commenting on them. Than you wont be upset by them anymore.

I for one have attempted to point out hopefully to the Dev's some ideas on improvement. It's called constructive feedback

If we believe their announcements the current algo doesn't only work off of the GP slice only. That's only the first qualifier.

And I happen to think there shouldn't be any primary filters which is then weighted on other parameters, a good algo should weigh all the parameters together making the whole outcome rather invisible and ungameable by primary filter (current top X toons)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    SirCrankz wrote: »

Yeah of course, you can find a link under my post to see how much I don't understand the game.

You are the miserable one here. I excelled both in old algo that was hugely disadvantagous for me and this one so far.

I sense that this were sarcasm, but i checked your link and you have a lot of questionable choice. I am sorry to tell you that, but your roster is nothing special for the high GP you have. In fact you have 400k more GP but you will struggle a big time against me. A nonsence toons at g11-12 like jawas and so on... i am sure you are doing fine now, but i cant image that you excelled before the changes. They are WAY better constructed acctounts then yours.... way way better
    [/quote]

You may not know but Jawas were the fire right before the launch of AAT. I don't doubt there are way better rosters than me. Just launch an account right now and start swapping your CC, you'll end up with an account much much better than me. I have all the encumbarance of metas since day 1 of the game since that's what I am, I've been through it all. Do you really believe the account you managed starting later than me, not having to do many things I've done and as a result having more refined roster than me makes you a better player? Then what if 3 more years go by, your currently premium teams doesn't age well, CG then decides to go back to the algo they used on GA and people of that era are now calling you a bad player due to the several past scenes of the game that's vastly different from that one? I've been through a year of metas at arena top with OG droids and OG droids and jawa engineer, what do you think of that?

You made your choice of going slim, CG thinks that's not what they want to encourage, end of story. Make a new choice or not. Or just keep yelling your lungs out.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    In addition @No_Try your roster is so poorly moded, that i can bet you havent won more than 2-3 of the past TW at most. Show printscreen if this is not true.
    Seriously man... your mods are horrible - search for help... there are a lot of people that can help you... its embaracing...

Yeah it's not true. My guild is at 60 TW wins and I'm one of the offense heavy punchers given I have the time to play it. My current modding is on hang right after GAC went underway with the old modding and I only remodded to swap to a GR team on arena. I'm not the one in need of modding help, but is the one that has been giving modding help. Think what you will. My GA stats are also in the profile you are checking, see how that would be explicable since I'm a terrible modder you claim me to be. And don't forget I'm a day 1 f2p as well.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    the formula gp of #def times two would make sense only if those toons are locked to be used AND NO OTHERS ARE ALLOWED TO BE USED. And that the locked toons are the same.

Why should the toons be the same? Where's the fun if each GAC consisted of 12 rounds of mirror matches? That's pretty boring. Some players have META toons, others don't. Players with META toons should benefit of course.

I agree that players that have meta toons should have an advantage and they already do - in every other game mode (arena, TW, the new TB, raids, etc.)

But CG has stated that the goal of GAC is "close matches" - not maxed Malak/DR, JKR owners a cake walk. A roster facing an all 7*, 4 g13 Malak team without Malak and with only 1 (or 0) g13 toons on their entire roster is not going to be "close". And yes, we've fought these matches in the first GAC. The maxed Malak rosters vs. those that don't have him or maxed DR lose very consistently.

The simple point here (and the reason for the feedback regarding matchups) is something isn't right - either CG's statement about wanting close matches is completely untrue, or the algorithm they are using for matchups is flawed. I think most people just want to know which is the case.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    the formula gp of #def times two would make sense only if those toons are locked to be used AND NO OTHERS ARE ALLOWED TO BE USED. And that the locked toons are the same.

Why should the toons be the same? Where's the fun if each GAC consisted of 12 rounds of mirror matches? That's pretty boring. Some players have META toons, others don't. Players with META toons should benefit of course.

I agree that players that have meta toons should have an advantage and they already do - in every other game mode (arena, TW, the new TB, raids, etc.)

But CG has stated that the goal of GAC is "close matches" - not maxed Malak/DR, JKR owners a cake walk. A roster facing an all 7*, 4 g13 Malak team without Malak and with only 1 (or 0) g13 toons on their entire roster is not going to be "close". And yes, we've fought these matches in the first GAC. The maxed Malak rosters vs. those that don't have him or maxed DR lose very consistently.

The simple point here (and the reason for the feedback regarding matchups) is something isn't right - either CG's statement about wanting close matches is completely untrue, or the algorithm they are using for matchups is flawed. I think most people just want to know which is the case.

You just defined me and my league, everyone at 3-4 g13s. I was in holiday so only managed a single g13 and that's on Ahsoka...that I currently use to beat all those 3-4-5 g13 dr/malaks on my shard. So somehow I'm not worried. I may lose matches but it'll always be close. I can go Jkr/GR or GG on their DR/Malaks on any particular match along with my own DR/Malak. Even if I tied my hands not to use my own Malak, I could then Yoda it up on a standart DR build.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

You just defined me and my league, everyone at 3-4 g13s. I was in holiday so only managed a single g13 and that's on Ahsoka...that I currently use to beat all those 3-4-5 g13 dr/malaks on my shard. So somehow I'm not worried. I may lose matches but it'll always be close. I can go Jkr/GR or GG on their DR/Malaks on any particular match along with my own DR/Malak. Even if I tied my hands not to use my own Malak, I could then Yoda it up on a standart DR build.

Now win without Malak...and without maxed GG (while the opponent has one at g13)...oh and add an all g12 Geo team with a g12 7* zBrood Alpha on the other side just for fun. Just for laughs, toss an extra g13 Chewie and Han against you as well. That would define what one guy in my bracket has in store. And he only has a 6*, g11, single zeta Padme. But hey, I'm sure that zJyn will come in handy for him.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Now win without Malak...and without maxed GG (while the opponent has one at g13)...oh and add an all g12 Geo team with a g12 7* zBrood Alpha on the other side just for fun. Just for laughs, toss an extra g13 Chewie and Han against you as well. That would define what one guy in my bracket has in store. And he only has a 6*, g11, single zeta Padme. But hey, I'm sure that zJyn will come in handy for him.

I'd lose against him. I have the GG squad maxed though besides g13 on gg. I'd lose and so? CG never ever made a single statement about toon worth and making qualifications based on it. You are still on the -gotta compare who has what- riff as if CG ever said anything as such.
  • Options
    This is a tournament. You will have a mismatch now or later. Either way, everyone will face a difficult match because that's how tournaments work.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I'd lose against him. I have the GG squad maxed though besides g13 on gg. I'd lose and so? CG never ever made a single statement about toon worth and making qualifications based on it. You are still on the -gotta compare who has what- riff as if CG ever said anything as such.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/207546/grand-arena-championships-matchmaking#latest

Read the only bolded part in the entire post. It talks about the idea that "close matches" are the goal. There is no way, if everyone is being honest, that the above example (from my current bracket - neither of which is me, so I have no dog in that fight) is going to be a "close match".

As I said, something isn't right. Either the algorithm isn't actually working to create "close matches" or CG's statement that that is the goal is completely untrue. I just want to know which is the case.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    In addition @No_Try your roster is so poorly moded, that i can bet you havent won more than 2-3 of the past TW at most. Show printscreen if this is not true.
    Seriously man... your mods are horrible - search for help... there are a lot of people that can help you... its embaracing...

Yeah it's not true. My guild is at 60 TW wins and I'm one of the offense heavy punchers given I have the time to play it. My current modding is on hang right after GAC went underway with the old modding and I only remodded to swap to a GR team on arena. I'm not the one in need of modding help, but is the one that has been giving modding help. Think what you will. My GA stats are also in the profile you are checking, see how that would be explicable since I'm a terrible modder you claim me to be. And don't forget I'm a day 1 f2p as well.

Pls stop embaracing yourself. Your guild is nothing special, you are in a sandbag bracket, and you wouldnt clean a single wall in the good brakets.
    Your mods are horrible in all measurable categories: not only how your mods are currently distributed (which is a horrible horrible way to do it), but also what mods you prioritized to push to e6, how many e6 you have, etc.
    21 Speed on SithTrooper and 15 on Ugnaut and 16 on Manga on the square while essential toons that need speed like HY, Stark, Paploo have 12, bb8 10.

My second account played for a short time at this braket and it is a joke. You are not a heavy hitter, you wont do 102 points in a real competitive TW and you wont be even accepted in a guild in this braket (other than the sandbaging once).

In addition you have new toons like Sabine and Visa that was good in Raids, while you are missing essential old toons like OB, which showes me you prefered to compete for restrubtion of items from raids (very egoistic in my view) instead of focusing on TW.

In total - you are not even in the same stratosphere with players who i would considered competitive...
    So dont give yourself as an example....

Have you ever heard a concept such as mod swapping? I thought that's what I told you I was doing, you are free to believe I'm lying though. My guild is a pure f2p competetive guild. Obi has never been essential for me, I skipped Maul meta too, just had to gear him due to ship metas. We do excel is TW constantly punching through whale heavy guilds everyone being on 0$, I just asked, the real number is 64 TW wins. Any more straw mans you are able to throw at me?

You skipped my GA stats all together, right?

I'm pretty sure I'm within the area of highest GP reached by f2p as I only managed to find a few that had more and it was close at that, that's one abstract meaningless goal I set for myself to motivate myself not to quit this game. You may have also noticed the zetas g12+5 CwC which you'll also consider a bad choice, surprised you didn't mention it, I beg to differ. There are several theorycrafted squads in this game that population at large is unaware of. I do what I enjoy at all times. Not what's the optimal choice at a single time...but something close to that.

And at the end of the day it's rather obvious where this ship is sailing and you are sinking one with your superior attitude and lean roster. Have at it. Good luck in your tws and hopefully we'll face eachother one day if our guilds have somewhat close GPs.
  • Options
    I am matched up vs a player that has 400k more character GP than me. How the hell is this a fair matchup? At least before when we matched straight GP you can see why your matched up. This **** isn't even right. Everyone in my GA shard has 350k to 400k more GP than me. Have you guys thought of "If than" statements for your coding? There are tons of players it shouldn't be this hard to find matches. Statement one Find a player with Gp +/- 50k GP difference. Statement two If character GP isn't also within 50k GP difference find a new match. Shouldn't be this hard to make a matching algorithm. There has been tons of practice for regular GA plus all that practice form TW to give what 1 or 2 years of testing to make a decent matching algorithm?

GAME QUIT, its a joke!!!!
  • Preto
    56 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @No_Try, why do you feel the need to reply to his taunts?
    Every crow thinks they're an eagle.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Preto wrote: »
    @No_Try, why do you feel the need to reply to his taunts?
    Every crow thinks they're an eagle.

Cause it's fun. Why write at the forums at all?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Pls stop embaracing yourself. Your guild is nothing special, you are in a sandbag bracket, and you wouldnt clean a single wall in the good brakets.
    Your mods are horrible in all measurable categories: not only how your mods are currently distributed (which is a horrible horrible way to do it), but also what mods you prioritized to push to e6, how many e6 you have, etc.
    21 Speed on SithTrooper and 15 on Ugnaut and 16 on Manga on the square while essential toons that need speed like HY, Stark, Paploo have 12, bb8 10.

My second account played for a short time at this braket and it is a joke. You are not a heavy hitter, you wont do 102 points in a real competitive TW and you wont be even accepted in a guild in this braket (other than the sandbaging once).

In addition you have new toons like Sabine and Visa that was good in Raids, while you are missing essential old toons like OB, which showes me you prefered to compete for restrubtion of items from raids (very egoistic in my view) instead of focusing on TW.

In total - you are not even in the same stratosphere with players who i would considered competitive...

Have you ever heard a concept such as mod swapping? I thought that's what I told you I was doing, you are free to believe I'm lying though. My guild is a pure f2p competetive guild. Obi has never been essential for me, I skipped Maul meta too, just had to gear him due to ship metas. We do excel is TW constantly punching through whale heavy guilds everyone being on 0$, I just asked, the real number is 64 TW wins. Any more straw mans you are able to throw at me?

I'm pretty sure I'm within the area of highest GP reached by f2p as I only managed to find a few that had more and it was close at that, that's one abstract meaningless goal I set for myself to motivate myself not to quit this game. You may have also noticed the zetas g12+5 CwC which you'll also consider a bad choice, surprised you didn't mention it, I beg to differ. There are several theorycrafted squads in this game that population at large is unaware of. I do what I enjoy at all times. Not what's the optimal choice at a single time...but something close to that.

And at the end of the day it's rather obvious where this ship is sailing and you are sinking one with your superior attitude and lean roster. Have at it. Good luck in your tws and hopefully we'll face eachother one day if our guilds have somewhat close GPs.

OMG... in this braket you need 10 players with some what of an idea what to do to win. Your guild has an avarage of 55 arena... so an avarage of 54 people are better than you and your guilds is. We cannot face cause i am not playing in the kindergarten braket... And despite your 300 to 400k more GP i will erase you in GA. But that is and was never the point of this conversation. I just find it embaracing to make a sarcastic remark implying your account is any good, but actually it isnt... sorry to burst your bubble. I can see why people like you enjoy the new matchmaking though...
    probably we wont met, because the new matchmaking favours fluffy rosters of people with no clue - and that is the point of why people are unhappy (other than the fluffy noobs)

Ah ok then, I bet you also saw my arena averages where you are also checking my guilds data. Just keep building up these strawmans, I'm getting more and more amused. And what was your problem with matchmaking again since you'll obliterate me? CG luckily gave you the chance to murder clueless players like me who wouldn't know what to do unless there were better players like you around. Just kill them all. Be careful though, we may bite too.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I want to know though.... would you kick somebody out of your guild if you found out he spent $10? @No_Try
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

OMG... in this braket you need 10 players with some what of an idea what to do to win. Your guild has an avarage of 55 arena... so an avarage of 54 people are better than you and your guilds is. We cannot face cause i am not playing in the kindergarten braket... And despite your 300 to 400k more GP i will erase you in GA. But that is and was never the point of this conversation. I just find it embaracing to make a sarcastic remark implying your account is any good, but actually it isnt... sorry to burst your bubble. I can see why people like you enjoy the new matchmaking though...
    probably we wont met, because the new matchmaking favours fluffy rosters of people with no clue - and that is the point of why people are unhappy (other than the fluffy noobs)

Ah ok then, I bet you also saw my arena averages where you are also checking my guilds data. Just keep building up these strawmans, I'm getting more and more amused. And what was your problem with matchmaking again since you'll obliterate me? CG luckily gave you the chance to murder clueless players like me who wouldn't know what to do unless there were better players like you around. Just kill them all. Be careful though, we may bite too.

I will tell it as plain as i can so even you can get it - cause the best players are faced in the first round and from their on they have no chance to catch up with the point advantage that the "lucky" noobs have.

Yeah yeah, it's so sad that CG is now favoring us noobs who don't know how to play while giving the shaft to ubermenches like you. I've been so lucky in every one of my all my GA matches despite constantly being matched by lean rosters at my GP, I only hit auto and end up winning somehow. It's magic!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    I want to know though.... would you kick somebody out of your guild if you found out he spent $10? @No_Try

I don't know. After being a guild leader and officer for a long time, I coasted here as a plain player. They only asked if I ever spent directly and didn't question my response. Rosters, while not an exact science more or less shows how that account got built. i.e. noone is capable of sailing too far on mods front since we are all working within the same means despite luck and allocation of resources. Arena competetiveness is preferred but isn't considered a must either. 600 and overall attentiveness is.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    550k GP difference here. Yeah... 13k ranked in division 2 vs 5k in division 1.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    If you are such a big dog why dont you apply for a TW guild? Your GP is sufficient for TI even... go ahead? If you hear any different feedback than mine about your roster i would be shocked

Maybe he’s happy with his guild. Why so antagonistic?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    If you are such a big dog why dont you apply for a TW guild? Your GP is sufficient for TI even... go ahead? If you hear any different feedback than mine about your roster i would be shocked

My guild is already a TW guild. 64 wins goes to show that. Since when a guild prioritising TW is dependant on guild gp?

TW is not the mode I enjoy most though, I like it somewhat, just not a priority. I don't understand why I would need to apply for TI or Wallet Warriors where the concept of those guilds is rather obvious and is the exact opposite of how I play this game despite being capable of cashing out. It's just the mindset of every player seperately within their own enjoyment and considerations.
  • Options
    The algorithm may still not be perfect but it is light years ahead of the old version. I get matched with people who have higher GP also but I still feel like I have a chance when I dig into the rosters and start researching their teams.

If you're not reviewing your opponents roster before setting defenses then you're doing GA wrong.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Also: feel free to share how your brakets looks like. I am sure you are facing great players... omg...
    Enough with yhe flatearth theory... i get it makes people who cant process the real world, that this gives comfort but man... how ignorant can people actually be and how vehement they deny simple truths is shocking...
    The Matchmaking is not fair and this is being said by a lot of players in Top Guilds (unlike yours), that win every TW in way tougher braket.

Let's get back to the reality, oh yeah, the reality where CG employees are the gods of the realm whom determines all the rules we play with.

I haven't said a single time the current matchmaking is good or how it should stay as. I dare you to find such a quote. However I throughly enjoy ohmygerd lean folks like you get smashed after talking **** about superiority for months.
  • Options
    I never lost a ga, full clear both hoth tbs for months, always at the top in tw, and top of both arenas w.o refreshes. I was not purely focused on pvp, I focused on everything just built teams smart and modded well.

This pretend championship where I was matched w ppl w 1m gp on me all from the next division up all top of arenas w every team at their disposal during round 1 of carbonite is why I quit. If I was pitted against this calibur of player in later rounds this would be acceptable but that was not the case. All the best players face on ground level. Therefore worse players in this game mode get better rewards and progress faster than skilled. I know a good handful that have also quit now due to this. This is a move to drive spending. I know 1 guy that will never play or drop another dime on this game again... this guy =D