Fix GA Championship Match up

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @SirCrankz
    rfnl6dnqcv42.png
    your roster is quite similar to mine so i think it's safe to assume you won most of your GA rounds in the previous matchmaking system on roster strenght alone. I know i did because i'm not particulary skilled at this game (besides roster building, which in my humble oppinion i do excel at), not in a top tier TW guild and not even amongst the top players of my non-top tier TW guild. I do however have a 44/3 win loss ratio in GA.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    SirCrankz wrote: »
    And btw reading all the **** here answers the question why i am new in the forum... though this time the changes are bothering me that too much.

Poor you, stuck with conversing with us bad players you'd simply brush if we were to meet in the game. I see no CG representatives rushing in to throw a feast for your highness though :(.
  • Options
    Garios129 wrote: »
    SirCrankz wrote: »
    Garios129 wrote: »
    The question I haven't seen asked but I am sure was answered somewhere on this forums. What is the point of divisions if you can be matched up with someone in a different division?

To get les rewards for more work. Probably not the official answer, but the true one

The rewards are the same in each division. You can go look at the division rewards. Scroll at the top, each rank has the same rewards for each division.

For now, they've already said they plan on changing this after the exhibition.
  • Redapple
    25 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Cg just pulled the move I like to call "the Mario cart effect"... if you were in last place you just got lightning if you were in first place you got a green turtle shell... (buffed weak players and stacked the deck vs good players)

The only people upset about new MM will be the very top ga players (top 1 to 2% of players that are now screwed) the rest will call it fair. It is not fair however, it is a way to try to keep everyone chasing a carrot and spending money.

The very best ga players will not be the ones you find on the top of the division leaderboards bc they likely arent even competing w players in their own division. ie the best div 2 players match all div 1. The best div 3 players match all div 2 and in some cases div 1.
  • Options
    @No_Try As one of the "out of the woodwork" lean roster complainers, the issue I have was two fold.

First, we'd all been conditioned as players for the last six months that being successful in GA required building X strong squads. For me X was 12. I wasn't getting close to the 4M GP mark that would necessitate the 13th and 14th squads. This changed without warning with the last GA, where we were asked to place 8 instead of 6.

Second, since we were only asked to build 12 quality squads (which happened to match pretty nicely with TW requirements to help our guilds out), we're most likely only contributing to the GP of our top 60 toons (or bringing toons from outside of the top 60 into the top 60). My intent wasn't to build a "lean roster" to game matchmaking (or sandbagging as people like to call it), it was to spend every resource I had on making the 12 best squads I could make.

The change in matchmaking, which was hinted at, but not explained in any transparent way, coupled with the change in squad requirements flipped the script in ways that were counter to the manner in which we had been building our rosters for the prior six months. In a sense, we were deceived - incentivized to build one thing, only to be penalized for it overnight.

We weren't prepared for the number of squads we'd need to place, and were now up against rosters that, having much more usable GP and most likely having been around through prior metas, had more options to deploy. I don't recall seeing a GR or GG team prior to new MM - I *think* I'm the only one in either of the new format brackets that has had neither.

Adding "Championships" just double downed on the difficulty. Not only is it relatively harder for me to progress since my competition is significantly more stiff, has more options, and has teams (GG, Padme) for which I lack counters (in a 16 squad format), it's relatively easier for rosters at my GP - peers in my shards for example - to progress as their matchups likely do not present the same level of difficulty.

I understand the complaints by the "bloated" roster gang earlier. It's not your fault you activated and brought a bunch of toons up to level 50 Gear V or used every purple ability mat you could since there was no downside when you made that choice.

I understand the complaints by the "mirror roster" gang, although I don't know at what point you stop comparing roster components - toon for toon? Do you go down to zetas? Omegas? Mods?

CG fundamentally needs to make a decision - do they want a true "championship" in which it doesn't put it's finger on the scale (and does this by using a matching "algorithm" with as few data points as possible) and let leagues sort themselves out, or does it want each individual GA to be as "competitive" as possible, in which case remove the tiered rewards obtained by progressing through leagues. Right now, it's doing neither well.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    CG fundamentally needs to make a decision - do they want a true "championship" in which it doesn't put it's finger on the scale (and does this by using a matching "algorithm" with as few data points as possible) and let leagues sort themselves out, or does it want each individual GA to be as "competitive" as possible, in which case remove the tiered rewards obtained by progressing through leagues. Right now, it's doing neither well.

They obviously choose the latter, but have a hard time (according to the players) to match players as "even" as possible in order for "skill" to be the sole determining factor instead of matches mainly being decided by rosterstrenght.
    It has it's disadvantages, both due to questionable matchmaking as well as due to generally considered to be "better" players being matched with eachother while the generally considered to be "worse" players match eachother and half of them end up with a higher rank/better rewards.
  • TVF
    36684 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is way more interesting than it has any right to be.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

They obviously choose the latter, but have a hard time (according to the players) to match players as "even" as possible in order for "skill" to be the sole determining factor instead of matches mainly being decided by rosterstrenght.
    It has it's disadvantages, both due to questionable matchmaking as well as due to generally considered to be "better" players being matched with eachother while the generally considered to be "worse" players match eachother and half of them end up with a higher rank/better rewards.

Agreed, and that's my fundamental problem with it. Such a wasted opportunity in my opinion. C'est la vie - game is free to play and free to leave.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Agreed, and that's my fundamental problem with it. Such a wasted opportunity in my opinion. C'est la vie - game is free to play and free to leave.

It's not like the old matchmaking didn't have it's disadvantages, or the former method in your comment i quoted, so i guess it all comes down to personal preference.
    I personally liked the old matchmaking more because it puts more emphasis on roster building. I can't help but think that in the way it's set up currently that the more effort i put into building a stronger roster, the harder GA matchups i'm going to get. That kinda feels backwards to me.
  • Options

Ah you are so right my friend. So as I take my family to dinner as our thursday night routine. I will not pull my phone out under the table or go to the bathroom to climb to first on either arena. I also will not stress about ga as I used to when this was an app that was installed on my phone.

I will however enjoy my steak more and have a happier wife now.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    @No_Try As one of the "out of the woodwork" lean roster complainers, the issue I have was two fold.

First, we'd all been conditioned as players for the last six months that being successful in GA required building X strong squads. For me X was 12. I wasn't getting close to the 4M GP mark that would necessitate the 13th and 14th squads. This changed without warning with the last GA, where we were asked to place 8 instead of 6.

Second, since we were only asked to build 12 quality squads (which happened to match pretty nicely with TW requirements to help our guilds out), we're most likely only contributing to the GP of our top 60 toons (or bringing toons from outside of the top 60 into the top 60). My intent wasn't to build a "lean roster" to game matchmaking (or sandbagging as people like to call it), it was to spend every resource I had on making the 12 best squads I could make.

The change in matchmaking, which was hinted at, but not explained in any transparent way, coupled with the change in squad requirements flipped the script in ways that were counter to the manner in which we had been building our rosters for the prior six months. In a sense, we were deceived - incentivized to build one thing, only to be penalized for it overnight.

We weren't prepared for the number of squads we'd need to place, and were now up against rosters that, having much more usable GP and most likely having been around through prior metas, had more options to deploy. I don't recall seeing a GR or GG team prior to new MM - I *think* I'm the only one in either of the new format brackets that has had neither.

Adding "Championships" just double downed on the difficulty. Not only is it relatively harder for me to progress since my competition is significantly more stiff, has more options, and has teams (GG, Padme) for which I lack counters (in a 16 squad format), it's relatively easier for rosters at my GP - peers in my shards for example - to progress as their matchups likely do not present the same level of difficulty.

I understand the complaints by the "bloated" roster gang earlier. It's not your fault you activated and brought a bunch of toons up to level 50 Gear V or used every purple ability mat you could since there was no downside when you made that choice.

I understand the complaints by the "mirror roster" gang, although I don't know at what point you stop comparing roster components - toon for toon? Do you go down to zetas? Omegas? Mods?

You are a forum native, I don't consider you one of the serial complainers that are uncapable of curbing their rhetoric and spout nonsense at everyone they see. I doubt this is how they behave if we were to come upon eachother on a chat. Forums are a weird beast.

Here's the process on my end. With the introduction of GA I immediately started sandbagging and I don't have even the littlest qualm about it since that's what CG forced me to. Ofc what I can do on that end was very little since I was balls deep into fluffing too. Consider that moment in time, it runs against everything that came before. I know the TW argument, but neah, TW never forced our hand in this way. More guild gp, better rewards and I can still build as many squads as I want. Then this -not doing things I can do without any impact elsewhere- thing started bothering me, it was drawing from my enjoyment. When I saw the next announcement which is nowhere to be realised, I made a one way decision, I'll play as I like without any remorse whereever it leads.

Then this algo came around which predates on yet another absurd initial assumption. They say there are invisible weightings in place they are currently applied softly. But in that case I don't understand how these wide leaps happen either. Some of the matchings are simply so lopsided on one side.

I don't know what to say about the no of squad requirements, the GA era was too restrictive for me as even at 4m GP border (I think I started it at 3.9M gp) I was capable of fielding more and it boiled down to less than I can use. I like this era where we have to get past the most obvious teams as it opens up movement room on the tail of the rosters where each of my opponents may be treating differently depending on their interests. i.e. I give 2 super weirdo teams that may confuse my opponent on defense as possible undersized wins and I keep my offense very solid that way.

I built both GG and GR starting right from the time they got released though. It was both obvious they are not arena meta by then but were also past the teams we considered secondary/tw/ga teams. So it was unto each player to shift focus at that time. I should naturally benefit from my pick and significant investment put on that front. If I analysed the numbers flying around wrong, it would be to my demise having several zetas on them and tons of gear along with the super rushed events to grab the key pieces.

There's one fact that needs repetition though. We had an algo that outstayed it's welcome that CG didn't address for quite a long time while in preparation for GAC. Now we have a new one and people started to behave as if this one now the new main stay that we are prisoned inside of even though we just saw an exhibition week and now running a full exhibition round. The month long nature of the seasons makes it harder to steer as I doubt CG will want to make any changes while it's underway. I expected them to make some changes for this full exhibition round, but it seems they didn't want to have too many changing parts and simply wanted it to unfold fully without yet again a new breed of cry outs as if the 3rd try is where it's at.

I still hope them to go back to their initial new matchmaking announcement which bears little similarity to this 2nd algo.

Whatever is the case the 2nd algo makes it clear they want to resolve the issue on their end where a significant portion of the players simply holds back some of their development within their hoarded resources simply to get an edge that way which the 1st one made possible.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

It's not like the old matchmaking didn't have it's disadvantages, or the former method in your comment i quoted, so i guess it all comes down to personal preference.
    I personally liked the old matchmaking more because it puts more emphasis on roster building. I can't help but think that in the way it's set up currently that the more effort i put into building a stronger roster, the harder GA matchups i'm going to get. That kinda feels backwards to me.

This algo if it's going to stay can be gamed also, albeit not as straighforward as the previous one. You have 80 toons (or whatever in your division) that gets the cut. Now you can restrict your development to that portion making it absurdly good for very little GP cost while replacing some of it from emerging good toons which will also make you gain no top80 GP while pushing old dumpster toons down.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Saada wrote: »
    MatKar wrote: »
    focused players are punished for their known what to gear zeted etc.

mine example 69tmbd4jwbim.png

That's what I was saying when everyone wanted change the match making from overall gp. If you just focus on the best characters in the game and are at 1.2mil go so let's say you joined a great guild, g12 30 top toons and the rest are level 1 then you could be matched up with a div 1 5+mil account since their top 30 toons would be similar but the difference would be that they have over 100 more g12, probably 500 more better speed mods and 6* mods etc which is definitely unfair when a guy just focused on building up good squads and now is getting punished. There is no incentive for me to spend any money or waste gear on the top toons cause that'll just increase the top of my roster and place me against even more ridiculous rosters.
    Right now my opponent is 3.6 compared to my 2.5 with 700k being more toon gp. So if I just get padme, gg, trays etc then the next time around I'll be matched up with a 4.5mil account so what's the point.....

Your numbers are exaggerated. A 5m + player will be using 80 toons in GAC, not 30, so there is no way a 1.2m player with 30 g12 toons and the rest at level 1 would ever be matched with them.

Here’s the other side of the coin...

I regularly finish my GA matches, win or lose, having used 80-90 toons max. So in what way was it fair that the other 80-90 toons’ GP was factored into my previous matches?

It would be exactly as I said I'm div 4 and matched with a div 3. They are 3.6, I'm 2.5 and the match making has used the top 60 toons to match us (from my division) not the top 80 toons from their division and that's the problem which is exactly what could happen since they are matching people based on the lowest divisions top toons available and not the highest division. So it's certainly possible for a div 6 or 7 to get judged on its top 30 and get matched up with a div 1 or 2 since their top 30 are similar

Ok. Find me an example of a div 6 or 7 player who is drawn against a div 1 or 2 player, please.

I'm saying it's possible. If I started an account and just focused on the top tier toons and nothing else, this is what would happen. The chance is all those players don't know what they're doing anyway. But my own example is a perfect example div 5 2.5 mil vs 3.6mil tier 3 and if I had padme, c3po, gg, traya I would have been match with a div 2 for sure since my top toons would only fit with those big guys cause my roster is so focused....

The game doesn’t work like that, nor does the matchmaking.

You can’t have padme without 5 good separatists, you can’t get c3po without 5 good Ewoks, you can’t have bb8 without 5 good FO toons, you can’t have JTR without 3 good resistance toons (and the vets), you can’t have Thrawn without 5 decent Phoenix, you can’t have Chewy without 5 good BH, you can’t have JKR without 5 decent OR, you can’t have DR without 5 other decent OR, you can’t have Malak without both Revans and 8 more OR toons at 16.5K power.

You cannot focus solely on the top tier toons. Even focused newer players like you will have “fluff”. And consequently you will never have the same GP on your top 80 (for divs 1/2) until much further down the line.

I’ll say it here and now - I don’t think anyone will ever be matched in an 8 bracket with people more than 2 divisions away from them, and even then the 2 division difference will be rare.

Ummm yes you can. You might need all those characters geared well but yoyou can definitely still have a low overall gp (don't collect ships at all for example and have a toon gp only of 1.5mil of all the best characters which will place you incan a low division) then since your overall gp is still low then they will still only use the top 30 characters therefore giving a chance to be matched with any division. The match making is flawed as someone else mentioned they have literally just thrown all of the top 10 in arenas to compete against each other....
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

That's what I was saying when everyone wanted change the match making from overall gp. If you just focus on the best characters in the game and are at 1.2mil go so let's say you joined a great guild, g12 30 top toons and the rest are level 1 then you could be matched up with a div 1 5+mil account since their top 30 toons would be similar but the difference would be that they have over 100 more g12, probably 500 more better speed mods and 6* mods etc which is definitely unfair when a guy just focused on building up good squads and now is getting punished. There is no incentive for me to spend any money or waste gear on the top toons cause that'll just increase the top of my roster and place me against even more ridiculous rosters.
    Right now my opponent is 3.6 compared to my 2.5 with 700k being more toon gp. So if I just get padme, gg, trays etc then the next time around I'll be matched up with a 4.5mil account so what's the point.....

Your numbers are exaggerated. A 5m + player will be using 80 toons in GAC, not 30, so there is no way a 1.2m player with 30 g12 toons and the rest at level 1 would ever be matched with them.

I regularly finish my GA matches, win or lose, having used 80-90 toons max. So in what way was it fair that the other 80-90 toons’ GP was factored into my previous matches?

It would be exactly as I said I'm div 4 and matched with a div 3. They are 3.6, I'm 2.5 and the match making has used the top 60 toons to match us (from my division) not the top 80 toons from their division and that's the problem which is exactly what could happen since they are matching people based on the lowest divisions top toons available and not the highest division. So it's certainly possible for a div 6 or 7 to get judged on its top 30 and get matched up with a div 1 or 2 since their top 30 are similar

Ok. Find me an example of a div 6 or 7 player who is drawn against a div 1 or 2 player, please.

I'm saying it's possible. If I started an account and just focused on the top tier toons and nothing else, this is what would happen. The chance is all those players don't know what they're doing anyway. But my own example is a perfect example div 5 2.5 mil vs 3.6mil tier 3 and if I had padme, c3po, gg, traya I would have been match with a div 2 for sure since my top toons would only fit with those big guys cause my roster is so focused....

You can’t have padme without 5 good separatists, you can’t get c3po without 5 good Ewoks, you can’t have bb8 without 5 good FO toons, you can’t have JTR without 3 good resistance toons (and the vets), you can’t have Thrawn without 5 decent Phoenix, you can’t have Chewy without 5 good BH, you can’t have JKR without 5 decent OR, you can’t have DR without 5 other decent OR, you can’t have Malak without both Revans and 8 more OR toons at 16.5K power.

You cannot focus solely on the top tier toons. Even focused newer players like you will have “fluff”. And consequently you will never have the same GP on your top 80 (for divs 1/2) until much further down the line.

I’ll say it here and now - I don’t think anyone will ever be matched in an 8 bracket with people more than 2 divisions away from them, and even then the 2 division difference will be rare.

Ummm yes you can. You might need all those characters geared well but yoyou can definitely still have a low overall gp (don't collect ships at all for example and have a toon gp only of 1.5mil of all the best characters which will place you incan a low division) then since your overall gp is still low then they will still only use the top 30 characters therefore giving a chance to be matched with any division. The match making is flawed as someone else mentioned they have literally just thrown all of the top 10 in arenas to compete against each other....

You seem to be under the impression ships won't enter the picture in the first official season.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

This algo if it's going to stay can be gamed also, albeit not as straighforward as the previous one. You have 80 toons (or whatever in your division) that gets the cut. Now you can restrict your development to that portion making it absurdly good for very little GP cost while replacing some of it from emerging good toons which will also make you gain no top80 GP while pushing old dumpster toons down.

I might remove mods from top80 toons i don't ever use in GA to lower my "relevant GP". Zeta Jyn Erso for example, can't remember the last time i used her in GA.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Just giving an example. You could still have a low gp even with ships:
    Those characters he was talking about, let say 40 of them at an average of 18k is only 720k and that will give you the top 8 @ 27k which is 216k and together is only 936k which is still low even if you chuck in 600k worth of ships. So best characters, good ships only 1.536mil. Then imagine if they calculated the top 30 or 40 or even 50 characters, who would you think you'll get matched with? A 5+mil whale? The old way would have worked, first week would be tough but the ones with the advantages would win but then get matched with other winners who has metas while those who struggled would meet losers and have a fairer matchup. At the moment, it's like telling federer and nadal to play each in the first round of a grand slam cause it's unfair for the other competitors to play someone with their skills.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

We were actually just talking about this and I agree if its to be gamed this is how to do it. I think we should wait to see how this prelim season works out, but my initial impression is that perhaps the algo could be extended to X + 20.

Just because I'm cheap and I like to build cheap teams that hit above their weight, I have quite a few key toons that I use in every GA that are outside the X Factor.

Again - I want to play the season first, then evaluate. Lets not jump to any conclusions.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

We were actually just talking about this and I agree if its to be gamed this is how to do it. I think we should wait to see how this prelim season works out, but my initial impression is that perhaps the algo could be extended to X + 20.

Just because I'm cheap and I like to build cheap teams that hit above their weight, I have quite a few key toons that I use in every GA that are outside the X Factor.

Again - I want to play the season first, then evaluate. Lets not jump to any conclusions.

I also saw that suggestion today and it made sense to me. Even 120 (for my 80) would be quite appropriate and would give a good movement room for strategy. There are currently 174 toons avaliable and I'm at the highest possible division anyway. I doubt they'll expand the current division structure soonish so possible number of total toons will expand while the sliced GP toon # will stay as is.

The assumption that offense only takes single match wins is weird. Even if one side has a superior roster, other side can go heavy defense and disrupt that picture.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Just giving an example. You could still have a low gp even with ships:
    Those characters he was talking about, let say 40 of them at an average of 18k is only 720k and that will give you the top 8 @ 27k which is 216k and together is only 936k which is still low even if you chuck in 600k worth of ships. So best characters, good ships only 1.536mil. Then imagine if they calculated the top 30 or 40 or even 50 characters, who would you think you'll get matched with? A 5+mil whale? The old way would have worked, first week would be tough but the ones with the advantages would win but then get matched with other winners who has metas while those who struggled would meet losers and have a fairer matchup. At the moment, it's like telling federer and nadal to play each in the first round of a grand slam cause it's unfair for the other competitors to play someone with their skills.

The old way would work for you, as a new player you only develop what's absolutely necessary. But it's also severely disadvantagous for me as a day 1 player. Why would I be damned to be the first weeks loser only to get better MM on later weeks? I don't understand your example scenario where you get matched with a 5m+ whale. I saw some shocking disrepancies but nothing like that.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

I also saw that suggestion today and it made sense to me. Even 120 (for my 80) would be quite appropriate and would give a good movement room for strategy. There are currently 174 toons avaliable and I'm at the highest possible division anyway. I doubt they'll expand the current division structure soonish so possible number of total toons will expand while the sliced GP toon # will stay as is.

The assumption that offense only takes single match wins is weird. Even if one side has a superior roster, other side can go heavy defense and disrupt that picture.

My personal hope is that one of the maps in the rotation increases the # of D teams needed by 30-50%. Not every week, but just in the rotation. That would really test depth of rosters and allow/force us to use some of the neglected teams. Would add some spice to it and be a lot more fun I think. Traditional counters would matter less and a lot more thought would be required. And even if my best team can't beat their best, if my 5th - 20th teams are better would stand a chance.

I really hope they do that.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

My personal hope is that one of the maps in the rotation increases the # of D teams needed by 30-50%. Not every week, but just in the rotation. That would really test depth of rosters and allow/force us to use some of the neglected teams. Would add some spice to it and be a lot more fun I think. Traditional counters would matter less and a lot more thought would be required. And even if my best team can't beat their best, if my 5th - 20th teams are better would stand a chance.

That would be super cool, back to eons old metas and mish-mash weird teams. It would also encourage stuborn lean folks to somewhat develop stuff as that's absolutely to CGs benefit overall as well.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

That would be super cool, back to eons old metas and mish-mash weird teams. It would also encourage stuborn lean folks to somewhat develop stuff as that's absolutely to CGs benefit overall as well.

Yep. I think if it were just 1 big zone that would be fun too. No guessing. No foreplay. Just straight roster v roster who can kill the most with the best efficiency. I think it would be a blast.

Edit: if it were placed in week 3 or 4, people would really have to invest in older teams and mods and zetas and make CG a little scratch and add some spice. Ive been meaning to post this in the suggestion forum but never have. Cant hurt to try I guess.
  • Options

Yep. I think if it were just 1 big zone that would be fun too. No guessing. No foreplay. Just straight roster v roster who can kill the most with the best efficiency. I think it would be a blast.

Edit: if it were placed in week 3 or 4, people would really have to invest in older teams and mods and zetas and make CG a little scratch and add some spice. Ive been meaning to post this in the suggestion forum but never have. Cant hurt to try I guess.

Are you trying to bring back the hated evasion meta? Old Obi and Maul FTW?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

Are you trying to bring back the hated evasion meta? Old Obi and Maul FTW?

Bring it all back! Would be fun for just a single GA map.
  • Options

This is nonsense for the following reasons:

1) find me any GA 8-bracket where every player is top 10 in arena. If all they’ve done is thrown top 10 against each other this shouldn’t be hard.

2) “don’t collect ships at all” - I wondered just how new you were to the game. Anyone who thinks that is a wise course of action is frankly crazy. Or stating a wildly bizarre strategy to try to prove a point.

3) these numbers you’re quoting are spurious. Almost as if you made them up.

I stand by what I said. There is no way a div 6/7 player will ever get matched with a div 1/2 player. It is not possible to develop a roster so lean at that low a GP level that your top X toons will ever compare with a time-served player.

I’m not in love with the algorithm. I think it’s better than the previous one, but still flawed. But it is absolutely not capable of producing the level of mismatch you’re suggesting it can.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    (...)So if I get paired with an opponent that has a DR on defence and i don’t have a DR (or even JKR for that matter) it could safe me two days if the game would just tell me: “matching complete! sorry, you lose!”

That would definitely be better since nobody without DR has ever beaten someone who has him in GA.

Oh wait...

If you would have read my entire post you would understand that I was talking about somebody who doesn’t have DR or even JKR. So tell me what team you beat DR then?

zEP beats DR (No Malak) as well.