Ga-matchmaking. Yet another thread

Replies

• Ph1l
    59 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Final lesson: be careful what you wish for, CG might listen. We complained about marquee fatigue, so they bombarded us with legendaries instead. We complained about unfair matchmaking, so they made it even worse. Be very careful with any complaints you voice.

Or CG just need to do a better job than they do?

The CG method.

Oh excuse me my soup is too cold.

No problem sir let me get the flamethrower.
  • Options
    matchmaking is a total joke right now. I am going uphill every battle with opponents that have more character gp than me every time. and every now and then it goes from bad to worse against a kraken where I can't even complete my feats.
  • Options
    So While i agree the old system was unfair the new one is even more so.

Someone mentioned top60 toons. Problem is you will always use at least 80 toons in a normal match excluding the undersized squads.

Another point is that my g12 tie fighter, bistan, heck half the pilots wont help at all. So in this way it is actually a GOOD thing to ignore ships?

And depth. A weak rex for example will help many teams even if he is not among the top 60.

Mods, if you have played a long time you are more likely to have better mods.

So While i understand you wont always compete against the same gp 500k more is just stupid (alright it was more like 400k excluding ships, which actually doesnt matter since my pilots give me a huge disadvantage)

Final point. Do you rather have a g12 bistan or g12 nest?
  • Options
    Sigge wrote: »
    Someone mentioned top60 toons. Problem is you will always use at least 80 toons in a normal match excluding the undersized squads.
    Div 1, (8 teams, so 80 toons for matchmaking) and I’ve used <80 toons for all 3 GAs so far.
  • Options
    Please match me with only people I can beat easily.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Please match me with only people I can beat easily.

In response to this request...

CG: "Do you own Malak? Done!" :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nah. No Malak for me. I made a tough decision on whether or not to pay taxes or go for Malak.

I went with paying my taxes and paying rent. My wife was furious though. She kept going on and on about how real men have Malak and win at GA. Apparently, I'm not a real man because I only have an EP squad. My wife is convinced that everyone with Malak is living the good life, drinking Crystal champagne and partying with DJ Khalid.
  • Options
    Why are so many fighting the idea of a modification to current matchup? Simply expand toons from top X to top X+20%. I've faced opponents with 40% more g12 than me. This would be an easy fix and a great compromise.
    Apparently compromise is a dirty word.
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Nah. No Malak for me. I made a tough decision on whether or not to pay taxes or go for Malak.

I went with paying my taxes and paying rent. My wife was furious though. She kept going on and on about how real men have Malak and win at GA. Apparently, I'm not a real man because I only have an EP squad. My wife is convinced that everyone with Malak is living the good life, drinking Crystal champagne and partying with DJ Khalid.

Well that's funny, after I spent $30 on Malak I still had plenty for taxes and rent.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    What’s the point when one bug in the system loses you a match which loses you the championship round.

That bug is game breaking and CG is doing nothing to fix it
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Well that's funny, after I spent $30 on Malak I still had plenty for taxes and rent.

Hey, don’t go boasting about your CG paid salary! Some of us only make enough to spend on CUP, let alone Mob Enforcer!
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »

Hey, don’t go boasting about your CG paid salary! Some of us only make enough to spend on CUP, let alone Mob Enforcer!

Is my salary paid if I haven't gotten a paycheck yet?

Seems more like it's just a promised salary at this point.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Someday. My salary is paid by the Senate, so I’m good.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

And the Senate is paid by tax payers...so, YOU'RE WELCOME!!! ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Why are so many fighting the idea of a modification to current matchup? Simply expand toons from top X to top X+20%. I've faced opponents with 40% more g12 than me. This would be an easy fix and a great compromise.
    Apparently compromise is a dirty word.

I don’t think most people are fighting that. Many of the people complaining would still be unsatisfied if that were implemented because their opponents would still have other advantages over them and they consider any advantage whatever to be unfair.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

And the Senate is paid by tax payers...so, YOU'RE WELCOME!!! ;)

No... the senate is paid by unlimited power...
  • Options
    lol, my opponent has 5.37m gp and only 1 character no gold (shaak ti)
    13 gear 13

have naerly 5m and it will be a very interesting fight... 😎
  • Options

$30 is a lot of money to a Gamorean Guard. They get fed to rancors for way less that $30.
  • TK421OKC_SITH
    225 posts Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    v7wbbw3tz71f.jpeg

I get hosed like this every GA. I have no Malak and no G13 toons, yet somehow it matches me up with guys like this, and why even try? Come on CG - fix this crap!
  • Options
    v7wbbw3tz71f.jpeg

I get hosed like this every GA. I have no Malak and no G13 toons, yet somehow it matches me up with guys like this, and why even try? Come on CG - fix this crap!

That one guy is literally 1,000x more valuable for CG than I am. Literally. 1,000x. No question about it.
  • Options
    Big F! this nonsense. Matchmaking needs fixing NOW!!!

Need proof? My opponent:
    lhwgjkv2y4io.png
    wfmejo762c2d.png
    ilv8oms05m0x.png
    mdyj0mzkvpn1.png

Me:
    rwi9t66qlviw.png
    n5nulzelyuuh.png
    yse7qk8q5o03.png
    dqhzb9iit7vz.png
  • TVF
    36612 posts Member
    Options
    v7wbbw3tz71f.jpeg

That one guy is literally 1,000x more valuable for CG than I am. Literally. 1,000x. No question about it.

Have you spent $1? If you're f2p we can't even put a number on it.

But assuming you spent $1, I'm just 30x more valuable for CG than you are, and my profile looks basically the same as that screenshot, so I don't see what the big deal is.
  • Options
    My first match in GA had me up against an opponent with 5 G13 toons, and I didn't have any :(
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Big F! this nonsense. Matchmaking needs fixing NOW!!!

Need proof? My opponent:
    lhwgjkv2y4io.png
    wfmejo762c2d.png
    ilv8oms05m0x.png
    mdyj0mzkvpn1.png

Me:
    rwi9t66qlviw.png
    n5nulzelyuuh.png
    yse7qk8q5o03.png
    dqhzb9iit7vz.png

Looks like he made better choices in top 80. Upgrade what you're missing into the top# and you'll be better off.
  • Options
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    Exactly. It's totally imbalanced.

So it was totally balanced before? Lol...not even close. I regularly faced people with 2 to 3 times as many G12s with the worst match-up being like 23 G12 vs. around 85 G12s for my opponent. That was your prior "balanced" system, ha. Last round in this GAC, I was outgunned by 47 to 30 on G12s last round and I won 1,898 to 993. If the entire analysis of the match-up consists of so-and-so has more GP than me or more G12s than me, then that's pretty much useless. That tells us nothing really about the actual rosters and their quality.
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    TimmyHutch wrote: »
    DadKev wrote: »
    Several people have destroyed teams with higher gp. Just work on your rosters and things will be fine.

It has nothing to do with one particular character that has a higher GP. It's the fact that someone like me with 4.6 million GP having to set 8 defenses and save 8 offenses going against someone with 5.3 million GP means I have to set 2 defenses that are complete crap, where my opponent can still set all 8 defenses that are tough and still have enough offense to clear me. 700,000 GP is at the very least 6 fully maxed out and zeta'd teams plus a few extra characters. If you don't think having 6 or 7 extra maxed out teams laying around helps, then you need your head examined.

That's not how it works. It counts the gp of your top 80 toons. If yours aren't as good, that's nobody's fault but your own. You can change that tho.. Focus on legendary/metas or direct counters, which are easily obtained. Study the most common teams and their counters. Basically, play catch up to prepare like your opponent has already. Two well prepared players will always fully clear the board, and the winner is judged by how well they did so. If you can't, you're not ready for championships.
  • Gannon
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Gannon wrote: »
    DadKev wrote: »
    Several people have destroyed teams with higher gp. Just work on your rosters and things will be fine.

It has nothing to do with one particular character that has a higher GP. It's the fact that someone like me with 4.6 million GP having to set 8 defenses and save 8 offenses going against someone with 5.3 million GP means I have to set 2 defenses that are complete crap, where my opponent can still set all 8 defenses that are tough and still have enough offense to clear me. 700,000 GP is at the very least 6 fully maxed out and zeta'd teams plus a few extra characters. If you don't think having 6 or 7 extra maxed out teams laying around helps, then you need your head examined.

That's not how it works. It counts the gp of your top 80 toons. If yours aren't as good, that's nobody's fault but your own. You can change that tho.. Focus on legendary/metas or direct counters, which are easily obtained. Study the most common teams and their counters. Basically, play catch up to prepare like your opponent has already. Two well prepared players will always fully clear the board, and the winner is judged by how well they did so. If you can't, you're not ready for championships.

It's actually exactly how it works. I clear my opponent every time, but since every single opponent of mine puts DR/Malak on defense, I need 2 attacks to beat that team. Once in a while, I can beat it in 1 attack with my JKR team by putting thrawn in the team, but it's rare. Again, if you don't think having an extra 6 or 7 completely maxed out teams at your disposal is a huge advantage, then you need your head examined.np5zvtmshda9.jpg

There are other counters there tho. Padme, ns with zombie lead can work too. That's one of the most annoying to fight, and the easiest to lose to. But that's exactly why they do it. Be sure you get him when he returns. As far as extra teams, beyond top 80, it can be useful in these situations, but by then you already lost generally against a skilled player.