(Yoda is back)

Replies

• Options
    I am still trying to understand why it even goes away in the first place. It's not like you can farm this event. It is beyond me on why it gets removed and brought back.
  • Options
    @InternetSwag

You need to rename this thread

I have a bad feeling about this ..
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure why everyone thinks it's going to be an extended period of time. Unless we hear otherwise, it'll probably come back in a month. Jesse specifically said it would be gone for a number of "weeks".
  • Options
    dont mind yoda not coming back next month as long as he comes back this year. but if he doesnt come back next month, I hope they would have an event that rewards a chromium exclusive character. basically a yoda event but not yoda. Darth Maul maybe? hell even Ugnaught as long as there is something new for this game.
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Not sure why everyone thinks it's going to be an extended period of time. Unless we hear otherwise, it'll probably come back in a month. Jesse specifically said it would be gone for a number of "weeks".

+1

• Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Well it is pretty suspicious because when it ended last time it had the timer and said exactly when it was coming back, this time it just says "Returning Soon"

Probably because they are going to have a Chewbacca competition where you need 5 7 star Chewbaccas, Yoda will probably be back in 2 months then
  • Options
    Removing content is a bad thing...
    Maybe Yoda is in hibernation? Someone go to dagobah and wake him up!
  • Options
    Scoundrel event is comming. Thats why the Yoda event is over
  • Options

That makes sense. I have my 7* Yoda, but still seems like they should just leave the Yoda event up, accessible once per month. What harm would it do to leave it up for others to acquire him? Why even bother taking it down (if they even did)? Can't have more than one event at a time?
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe someone just has not set the new start date of the new yoda event.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    @Drake23 First off: I hate yogurt! Even with strawberries!

That said, I could see that as a possibility. Perhaps they haven't set the date yet because they are working it around other events.
  • Darth_Malak
    577 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    M9silent wrote: »

That makes sense. I have my 7* Yoda, but still seems like they should just leave the Yoda event up, accessible once per month. What harm would it do to leave it up for others to acquire him? Why even bother taking it down (if they even did)? Can't have more than one event at a time?

True, but i was told about the Scoundrel event from an EA support guy :/
  • Options
    I Found Yoda under my Bed
  • Options
    @Darth_Malak All right. But we knew about the scoundrel event from data mining. Or are you saying the guy told you it went away because of the scoundrel event (curious)?
  • Options
    True, but i was told about the Scoundrel event from an EA support guy :/

wow, just looked at my roster and the only scoundrel I have is Chewie... **** these events.
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    @Drake23 First off: I hate yogurt! Even with strawberries!

That said, I could see that as a possibility. Perhaps they haven't set the date yet because they are working it around other events.

yogurt.jpg

I have a present for you :-)
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    @Darth_Malak All right. But we knew about the scoundrel event from data mining. Or are you saying the guy told you it went away because of the scoundrel event (curious)?

Hmm i'm not sure if i can translate it correctly cuz i'm from Europe and my Eng is not the best( not saying which land cuz i dont want that CG goes after that support guy :D) but i think so. I know him in real life and his infos where always correct
  • Options
    @Drake23 Hahahahaha. Merchandising. Where the real money is made. If only that was the flamethrower. Kids love that one... Hahahahaha

Thanks for the laughs. :)
  • Options
    @Darth_Malak Interesting. Perhaps they only want to do one big, team based event at a time then? That would make some sense, seeing how hard it is to farm up teams of five. Not much though, since this is a collection game. I feel like you should be able to farm and acquire who you want over time (chromium exclusives not included of course. Gotta spend cash).
  • Options
    @Darth_Malak Interesting. Perhaps they only want to do one big, team based event at a time then? That would make some sense, seeing how hard it is to farm up teams of five. Not much though, since this is a collection game. I feel like you should be able to farm and acquire who you want over time (chromium exclusives not included of course. Gotta spend cash).

Chromium needs a rework it's just a rip off. But the booster packs will be intresting
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The big problem with the events is that we don't now early enough what we need to farm for the next event. The infomation that there could be a scoundrel was given by data mining or insider informations.
    Many people start to farm Jedis for the Yoda Event immediatly and buy the package. But have no chance to get a 7 star yoda, yet.

So I hope Yoda is coming back in April to get him to 7 star.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    This sucks if it's true. I have him at 6* and could get him at 7* next event. I know the devs said the event will come and go but isn't it enough that the event is only up for a week then gone until the next month? That's "come and go" for me.
  • Options
    Beep of its true. I could've 7 starred 5 Jedis but held off as my core team took a big hit last time to get Yoda. I had a rough time catching up and was farming Jedi in a more relaxed way to be on time to 7 star Yoda next time round...
  • Options
    I wouldn't have been able to get him at 7* until about 40 days or so. Doesn't matter to me as long as he is not out for too long. Wasn't using him apart from in the Healing & Support challenge.

Could we perhaps expect the next new event to roll around in a couple of weeks then?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

This makes no sense whatsoever.
    First, they could have more than one event running at a time. Giving players options is not a bad thing.
    Second, scoundrels are pretty much useless-even more so than droids. Lol. Having something as lame as a scoundrel "event" and making Yoda sit on the sideline would be a very poor decision.
    Third, the Yoda event adds a useful character for people to use. As data mined, the scoundrel event only gives credits. Why not simply have the scoundrel event "replace" the current credit "event"?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Drake23
    866 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

First, they could have more than one event running at a time. Giving players options is not a bad thing.
    Second, scoundrels are pretty much useless-even more so than droids. Lol. Having something as lame as a scoundrel "event" and making Yoda sit on the sideline would be a very poor decision.
    Third, the Yoda event adds a useful character for people to use. As data mined, the scoundrel event only gives credits. Why not simply have the scoundrel event "replace" the current credit "event"?

The Yoda event is not over it is coming soon, but maybe not in three weeks. Maybe they have to synchronize the event with the scoundrel event and don't know when it is ready. So still hoping to see Yoda back in April.

Drake23, Its a trap
  • MJ_INC
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Don't see why they can't or won't just run the events one after the other
  • Options

Its about the credits in that event ;)
  • Options
    Whoa, overreaction much? They told us. You can cry about lack of communication (and believe me they have had problems there) but they told us he would disappear and return periodically. Sure it was a while ago but that's hardly their fault if you forget.

+1

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    As data mined, the scoundrel event only gives credits. Why not simply have the scoundrel event "replace" the current credit "event"?

The Data mining Don't say how much credit, and could easily give so much, that it's worth an event, plus the fact is that the Data is not cemented, so it might give other stuff also.
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection