(Yoda is back)

Replies

• Options
    I have mixed feelings on it. I really want to get Yoda and I've managed to get three of my Jedi up to 5* with Mace at 4* and around 20-25 shards towards the 65 for 5*. Problem is my fifth Jedi is QGJ and he's only at 3* with 20/30 shards for 4* because it takes days to fight enough Cantina battles for a single 5 shard buy so even if I can 5* Mace in time I don't see any way QGJ will be there fast enough.
  • Atwell
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Last time it said, 'returns in 30d 23h'.

This time it says, 'coming soon'.
    Aurodiums are 'coming back soon'.
    Soon is a relative term.

My hypothesis is that they won't bring him back next month, I sincerely hope I am wrong as I don't have him unlocked yet.
    My issue with this now is they are segregating the playerbase.
    Those who have Yoda can effectively counter;
    Dooku
    Old Ben
    Lumi
    Daka
    QGJ
    All of these characters are very frequently seen in high level PVP aside from Ben, but now that his hard counter is inaccessible to the majority of the playerbase, he will be seen.
    While the rest of us who had 4/5 Jedi at 7* basically just got shafted and would have been better off spending it on other characters.

Might be delayed because of the new level cap next week.
  • Options
    STILL ON STRIKE, BRING BACK YODA EVENT!
  • Options
    It would be really cool to have an official statement from the devs.

- If the release note on the app store are correct and they stick to the once a month Yoda-Event.

- Or if they are wrong or they changed their plans for the yoda event.

In the second case it would be disappointing, but at least we could adjust our planning for the Jedi tools accordingly. An official comment would be highly appreciated.
  • Options
    It would be really cool to have an official statement from the devs.

@CG_JohnSalera @CG_AaronNemoyten @CG_Method @CG_LucifersDaddy
    It's a simple yes or no question.
    Is Yoda returning in April?
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Sorry, no spoiling surprises!
  • Options
    Whoa, overreaction much? They told us. You can cry about lack of communication (and believe me they have had problems there) but they told us he would disappear and return periodically. Sure it was a while ago but that's hardly their fault if you forget.

This
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

It's not meant to be a surprise. The original description of the event by Jesse said on for a week then off for a few weeks to give people time to prepare. But it's kind of impossible to prepare when there is no timer.
    Also the official description in the iOS appstore under the update clearly says that the yoda event will be available for one week each month. If the event is going to bypass April that AppStore description should at least be changed.
    Post edited by DV_27 on
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Wait, this is still going? Haha!

"Send a droid."
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    anonidude wrote: »
    There are plenty of new players who started in Jan / Feb (myself incl.) and I feel it is only fair that I get a fair shake at getting Yoda

Bring back Yoda on the normal schedule pls.

I agree
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    DV_27 wrote: »

It's not meant to be a surprise. The original description of the event by Jesse said one for a week then off for a few weeks to give people time to prepare. But it's kind of impossible to prepare when there is no timer.
    Also the official description in the iOS appstore under the update clearly says that the yoda event will be available for one week each month. If the event is going to bypass April that AppStore description should at least be changed.

Seriously.
    *shakes head*
    Barely any communication and that's what we get when we ask for a simple answer to a simple question?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Speculative thread.

Inb4close
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options

@CG_AaronNemoyten
    Ah well, guess if we were supposed to know we'd know by now.
    Thanks for responding at least :cry:
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    lol - "We took away an event we strongly implied would be a monthly event and many of you have spent weeks or even months building toward. SURPRISE!!!"

The NHL just decided they're going to skip the Stanley Cup finals, even though the season has already started SURPRISE! Oh and the IOC is cancelling the Olympics in Brazil this summer. Sorry for those of you who were training for it. SURPRISE!!!! :D

"Thank you for being a dedicated player and customer...please bend over...SURPRISE!!!"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thanks for that mental image Nikoms565 :D
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    lol - "We took away an event we strongly implied would be a monthly event and many of you have spent weeks or even months building toward. SURPRISE!!!"

The NHL just decided they're going to skip the Stanley Cup finals, even though the season has already started SURPRISE! Oh and the IOC is cancelling the Olympics in Brazil this summer. Sorry for those of you who were training for it. SURPRISE!!!! :D

"Thank you for being a dedicated player and customer...please bend over...SURPRISE!!!"

No no, you first give EA $200 and then you bend over.
    :)
  • Options
    Maybe they just decided to not put a timer on it this time around. I'm sure it will be back soon. Why keep in the event section otherwise. If you want Yoda just keep preparing for the event so you are ready.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Options

I believed it when it was strongly implied to be a monthly occurrence. Worst thing is that I could have gotten a 6* yoda last event and 7 much later or I could have got a 5* yoda with mace then change to barriss so I could attempt the difficult 7th stage. So I got the 5* yoda instead of 6* and started farming barriss from scratch and now she's nearly at 7* but there's no yoda on the horizon. If they had communicated better to us I would've went for the 6* challenge already
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's coming. "I can feel it in the water..."
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The respect and consideration for paying customers is just so palpable.
  • Options
    So the answer is... Surprise?

Oh boy
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    So the answer is... Surprise?

Oh boy

Well there a few ways we can approached it.
    It's possible Aayron doesn't actually know or even if he does he probably didn't make the decision. I think cg method is the lead developer and even he probably answers to someone at EA.

Kinda like yelling at the employees when the manager made a terrible choice.

So I can't really get too mad
    Eh maybe I'm just beaten into submission by now
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not upset (or mad) I just find it amusing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    The answer is, "I call all times soon."

But I bet we'll see it by the end of April. You can all pay me by putting weak teams in the the Squad Arena if I'm right. :D
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The release notes in the apple store say one week each month - I am sure they will keep it like that!

The Google Play store said the same thing. It's no longer there but it did say it would repeat one week each month.
    I have a feeling this month may be skipped as they have to add a chapter 8 to it.

Speaking of that, I REALLY don't want to see what we have to do to get him to 8 stars.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Seriously.
    *shakes head*
    Barely any communication and that's what we get when we ask for a simple answer to a simple question?

Why do they need to communicate about a subject matter that they already have?? Do you know how many "simple questions" arise on these boards every hour? Just cause you impatient/wanting know everything right down to minute people can't live with a simple answer....TOO BAD!

Don't let the door hit ya...where the good Lord split ya!
  • RamaGiizis
    59 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The respect and consideration for paying customers is just so Palpatine.
    Post edited by RamaGiizis on
    Rāma || 935 - 264 - 351 || LV. 80 || I've the bad habit of editing my writings soon after I've posted 'em
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    RamaGiizis wrote: »
    The respect and consideration for paying customers is just so Palpatine.
    Well I don't think I'd go THAT far.
    But it's pretty clear that they really, seriously do not care about setting us up so we make plans that take weeks to carry out, only to change things and then leave us twisting in the wind.
    It's sad. So much potential for goodwill just wasted for no reason.
  • Options
    chainsaw wrote: »
    Seriously.
    *shakes head*

Why do they need to communicate about a subject matter that they already have?? Do you know how many "simple questions" arise on these boards every hour? Just cause you impatient/wanting know everything right down to minute people can't live with a simple answer....TOO BAD!

I got this one.
    "Hey ea is yoda returning?"
    Yes he is
    Or
    No

Okay thanks no more outrage due to lack.of communication.

And then it all ends we for an answer

Ps you seem madder than anyone else here, you need to Netflix and chill.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    chainsaw wrote: »
    Seriously.
    *shakes head*

In a game that takes weeks to build toward certain goals (especially one that needs 5 heroes all at 7* to attain) - some advance notice would be helpful.

"Suprise!" is not an answer. An answer would be "Yes, he's coming back in April - specific dates are not yet known" or "No, but he will be returning in May - you can take a break from farming Jedi...or crank them up if you need more than a month". Or even "Yes - April" or "No, but May" - a dev jumping in to answer "Suprise!" is the same as saying "we know - just not telling"

And there is no need to be rude to Qeltar.