The "Where are my crystals?" (They are coming, be patient) merged comment thread.

Replies

• klay
    76 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hauzer wrote: »
    ... so people that were in game and disconnected were affected, but people trying to connect to play but unable were not? (i was both btw)

that makes zero sense

also, it was ~2 hours

Affected by what? ??? I already explained. And btw I was in game and got disconnected too. I manage to connect after 2 force close of game. One thing that whining players won't even try. I read on forum there are some issue so I decided not to start the GW. I watched TV and come back in the morning where I discovered the cristals ...and a bunch of cry babies on a forum. What the hell were we affected anyway? ?? Get a life!

Sorry but there is a reason no one agrees with you. Your answer makes absolutely no sense. Sure, people who were logged in during this issue and got disconnected were negatively impacted. No argument there. The problem is those who also tried to login during this timeframe unsuccessfully were also negatively impacted. That's the part that seems to elude you for some reason. It could have been the only time they could play before stuff resets.

Thus, they could have missed out on rewards they would have otherwise received.
  • Options
    I remember being affected (logged in, then mayhem and disconnect). It was nice to receive the crystals and something I appreciate from the devs.

I'd have made more Crystals from Arena rank but it doesn't matter: 200 per affected is more than a great sign of good faith and was optional.

+1 to CG (but I won't forget about Poe eh :-)

Yeah, but from this thread it looks like people that were affected didn't get them and people that weren't affected did get them. Not surprising that they didn't give everyone 200, they are cheap, and instead tried to figure out who was affected, and failed miserably. To those that didn't get them, I will apologize for them, because we all know they won't, hopefully things go better next time.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    I got mine :D
  • Nutteralex
    449 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lol I tried to log in today while down and haven't received anything. I think I was actually on too because I remember my game glitching when I tried to collect rewards.

If this "wasn't logged on" thing is legit this is the lowest I've ever seen EA/any company stoop, ever.

But to be honest, I'm calling **** on it for now. I played a game like this that had multiple server issues and would give out in game stuff. It usually took a full day for everyone to get everything and it came in waves, some would get them, some not. I don't know why, probably server reasons. So I am hoping that they will come in waves and that person who said they called them is making stuff up.

But I don't know, it is EA. Can't put anything past them, I've seen them charge 20-30 bucks for a DLC that had like 2 hours of content on it haha. They are the Goldman Sachs of the gaming world.

Honestly, wouldn't it just be easier to give everyone the gems?
  • Options
    klay wrote: »
    ... so people that were in game and disconnected were affected, but people trying to connect to play but unable were not? (i was both btw)

that makes zero sense

also, it was ~2 hours

Affected by what? ??? I already explained. And btw I was in game and got disconnected too. I manage to connect after 2 force close of game. One thing that whining players won't even try. I read on forum there are some issue so I decided not to start the GW. I watched TV and come back in the morning where I discovered the cristals ...and a bunch of cry babies on a forum. What the hell were we affected anyway? ?? Get a life!

Sorry but there is a reason no one agrees with you. Your answer makes absolutely no sense. Sure, people who were logged in during this issue and got disconnected were negatively impacted. No argument there. The problem is those who also tried to login during this timeframe unsuccessfully were also negatively impacted. That's the part that seems to elude you for some reason. It could have been the only time they could play before stuff resets.

Seriously in 24 hrs that was the only time to play?? Btw only few cry babies does not agree. A normal person would understand and accept my explanation. I wasted enough energy anyway to make some of you realize you don't have a contract with EA to have this game 100% uptime 24/7.
  • Options
    I remember being affected (logged in, then mayhem and disconnect). It was nice to receive the crystals and something I appreciate from the devs.

I'd have made more Crystals from Arena rank but it doesn't matter: 200 per affected is more than a great sign of good faith and was optional.

Yeah, but from this thread it looks like people that were affected didn't get them and people that weren't affected did get them. Not surprising that they didn't give everyone 200, they are cheap, and instead tried to figure out who was affected, and failed miserably. To those that didn't get them, I will apologize for them, because we all know they won't, hopefully things go better next time.

It seems they tried their best. Unfortunate it is that you happy are not. Note that server down is not a reason to give crystals, but affecting your mid game progress was where they draw the line.

If it were for me, I would have fifted you a full 7* Ewok team, but then for the same reason I'd probably have been fired long ago lol. Unless I had a stake in which case nobody would have gotten anything :-)
  • Options
    Seems to me the decision to give out 200 crystals was made by a developer and a manager later canceled the ongoing distribution.... real shame.

I was affected as well and didn't receive them.
  • Options

It seems they tried their best. Unfortunate it is that you happy are not. Note that server down is not a reason to give crystals, but affecting your mid game progress was where they draw the line.

If it were for me, I would have fifted you a full 7* Ewok team, but then for the same reason I'd probably have been fired long ago lol. Unless I had a stake in which case nobody would have gotten anything :-)

I don't care, I really don't, I've said this on another post in this thread or another thread, I'm not f2p, 200 crystals is about $1.30 (if you buy the $100 pack) or one arena payout (if you are top 20).

It's nothing in this game. I like the game, a lot, you can tell by the number of posts I have. I just can't stand hypocrites and cheapness. The fact that people are saying they can't get them because they didn't log in when it was hard/difficult/impossible to log in is crazy.
  • Options
    Aachthor wrote: »
    Seems to me the decision to give out 200 crystals was made by a developer and a manager later canceled the ongoing distribution.... real shame.

I was affected as well and didn't receive them.

This is my point +1
  • klay
    76 posts Member
    Options

that makes zero sense

also, it was ~2 hours

Seriously in 24 hrs that was the only time to play?? Btw only few cry babies does not agree. A normal person would understand and accept my explanation. I wasted enough energy anyway to make some of you realize you don't have a contract with EA to have this game 100% uptime 24/7.

I seriously do not even think you know what you are arguing. Where did I say that was the only time they could play in 24 hours? I said before stuff resets IE arena payout.

However, what does it matter to you if it were there only time in a 24 hour period they could play? Some people don't spend all day on this game and just do what they can when they have time.

No one is saying the game has to be running perfectly 100% of the time. Remember, CG CHOSE to give out crystals as compensation for this problem. People are just upset that they were not able to get on to play during this downtime and are being told they don't get crystals because it didn't effect them.

Anyone with common sense would agree those people were also effected. It isn't even debatable.
  • Options
    @klay leave him be ...

I'm in a spewing quotes kinda mood

Don't get in an arguement with an ***** (self censorship) they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
  • Options
    @klay leave him be ...

I'm in a spewing quotes kinda mood

Don't get in an arguement with an ***** (self censorship) they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Or I could actually be right and you would be wrong. You know, you don't really think you're always right, do you? **** *** btw :)
  • Options

that makes zero sense

also, it was ~2 hours

The problem is those of us that were affected lost out on arena ranks, and crystals. Then they give those not affected an extra 200 crystals but those of us that were unable to log in got double shafted. We should at least get something since we lost out on around 250 crystals.
  • Options
    Honest question:

Would you consider it fair if they just gave everyone everywhere, regardless of if they were affected, the 200 crystals? People who weren't affected would gain extra but those that were would be guaranteed to recieve them. It seems that is slightly how it is now.

Or would it only be fair if only those affected got paid out the 200 crystals? Harder to do I suppose, and would create problems such as these.

I received gems, and yet I had no idea what for. I played my arena just fine (started the game a month before moving East, so my payout, while technically the same server time, is 2 hours later. Better for me) and then received the mail (seriously not bragging) and had no idea why. Came to the forums to find out.

It seems to me that CG is really trying to compensate those that lost out and trying to do a good thing. I'm sorry for those that got screwed over, by not being able to connect or by not receiving the compensation, or both.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    I might have the exact reasoning here because me and a friend were playing at the same time in the same room. He was already logged in for a bit and got disconnected. I tried to login after that as well but couldn't connect.
    We both tried to relog quite a few times after that, I got in first and he got back in a few mins later.

He got the mail, I didn't. Couldn't care less about 200 crystals tho, people actually calling for this amazes me so much :p
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    I might have the exact reasoning here because me and a friend were playing at the same time in the same room. He was already logged in for a bit and got disconnected. I tried to login after that as well but couldn't connect.
    We both tried to relog quite a few times after that, I got in first and he got back in a few mins later.

He got the mail, I didn't. Couldn't care less about 200 crystals tho, people actually calling for this amazes me so much :p

Honestly, the fact that it's EA doing this **** me off way more than the actual issue.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    I mean EA is getting called greedy because you spend yourself but forum explodes after not getting 200 crystals is so funny I couldn't resist calling out the irony :)
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Johnnyudes wrote: »
    Restarted the app and still haven't seen sign of these crystals... hmmm...

Maybe you have to wait 5 mins before midnight!! :tongue:

Since the last thread got closed, i will answer here ...
    1. i did not wait until 5 minutes before, it was just random, that i finished the last daily action (Arena) somewhen 20 minutes before midnight
    2. i had already collected all rewards, except the last 2 ones (3x arena + all dailys done)
    3. i was done with arena, collected it (the app told me there is a connect problem,i retried twice and it worked, tried to get the last - all dailys reward - connection error, retried, retried, retried, and so on - did not work anymore (so, it was 1 single reward only im missing)
    4. i tried to restart the app, restart the device, restart my wifi-router, reconnect to isp, .... before i went to the forums, this way lost around 15 minutes
    5. i think, its my business, at what time i collect the dailys, isnt it?
    6. according to the point above, its NOT your business ...
    @Topic: im glad, we get some kind of compensation, even though, my "lost" was 20 Crystals only :) (Didnt get the compensation so far, but im sure, its on its way ... :smile: )
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »

Makes all sense.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Compensation feels like I'm playing on the easy mode. I wanna go hardcore on this one and refuse the crystals.
    I have a feeling the true test is to refuse the inner greed to the dark side. If I chose the light and go self inflicting pain mode on this one, I'll get karma points for my next bronzium!
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Options
    I don't feel able to write something that won't get filtered entirely, anymore. I'm speechless.
  • noizer
    86 posts Member
    Options
    didn't get the crystals here
  • Options
    Okay, an update, I posted at 9pm CST, and I still have not received my crystals, and yes I'm an Android user, and yes, I was affected. I even took a screenshot of it on my phone. If I don't receive them soon, I'll just contact Google play, and ask that all the money I've spent be refunded, I have been more than patient.
  • Options
    Tahssa wrote: »
    Okay, an update, I posted at 9pm CST, and I still have not received my crystals, and yes I'm an Android user, and yes, I was affected. I even took a screenshot of it on my phone. If I don't receive them soon, I'll just contact Google play, and ask that all the money I've spent be refunded, I have been more than patient.
    Let's do it. I also have not received it.

• Options
    What's the # to call EA support for this?
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Annastrasza I would think it's on their main page. Try EA support in the search (seriously. Not being a ****). Not sure if they can or will help though.

Edit: or message on of the guys who said they called. I bet they have the number still.
  • Options
    No crystals yet here
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Still nothing
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, but, where did they even told, that we get crystals?? I missed that post and i do not find it on forums anywhere ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    And for the insulting hater: i was affected when i couldnt log in and claim my extra energy
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
This discussion has been closed.