GAC Disappeared!

Replies

• Options
    I've had the same issue where GAC started, however, it's not available for me even after I joined. Lodged 2 tickets with support and they were just closed, with no response. Way to support the player base...
  • kenji
    14 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks, as mentioned above, there are some confusing parts of the UI, (such as earning feats and being placed in a division automatically) that may cause players to think they joined. Please post your Ally Code for us to investigate further if you believe that you did join but are not able to participate in Grand Arena Championship

Ally code 122-883-453

• Options
    726-913-782

100% joined
  • Options
    With all the join buttons (gac, hpit, haat, hstr, tw) its not hard to imagine mistakes like this. Your brain is actually hardwired to make those assumptions.

Thats why its so mindblowing when you realise someone youve shaken hands with is missing a finger. The mandella effect could also be in play here.
  • Options
    I’ve never missed a GAC. When I saw that mine didn’t start, I just assumed I somehow forgot to join. Maybe it wasn’t me after all. Here’s to hoping.

Ally code: 215-165-379
  • Options
    I remember going into the GAC and viewing the screen where your enemies would show once it starts.
  • Options
    Clearly the user interface can be improved so a gamer can quickly determine at any time if they've joined a GAC.

Similar things happened with setting defenses, and CG placed a counter on each zone so at a glance a gamer could see if all defenses were placed. That's all we need here, is a simple flag, maybe a red light / green light on the main screen.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Clearly the user interface can be improved so a gamer can quickly determine at any time if they've joined a GAC.

Similar things happened with setting defenses, and CG placed a counter on each zone so at a glance a gamer could see if all defenses were placed. That's all we need here, is a simple flag, maybe a red light / green light on the main screen.
    There's a button. It says 'JOIN'. You click on it to join.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

But that button doesn't join you into the ga only the gac. This is why it is confusing. Your in the GAC but u didnt go into the actual ga for week 1.
  • Options

But that button doesn't join you into the ga only the gac. This is why it is confusing. Your in the GAC but u didnt go into the actual ga for week 1.

Nope. There isn't a join button for the GAC. Everyone is auto enrolled into the GAC, are assigned a division and can access feats. The join button is for the individual Grand Arena rounds within the Championship.
  • Options

You quoted me, but missed the point. *sigh*. Not sure there's much else to say except I'm not disagreeing with you, nor are you disagreeing with me.
  • Options
    I remember going into the GAC and viewing the screen where your enemies would show once it starts.

Same, there were 5 Malak teams counting mine, 1 Traya and 2 JKRs. 20 mins later after my Call of Duty Blackout match ended I went to go see which one was my opponent and what his roster looked like and when I clicked to go back I got a message saying the event was no longer available and it brought me back to the Holotables. It's ****. This GAC should have been postponed. The very first GAC that counts and this many issues sets so many people waaaaay behind.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Nope. There isn't a join button for the GAC. Everyone is auto enrolled into the GAC, are assigned a division and can access feats. The join button is for the individual Grand Arena rounds within the Championship.

Nope, your wrong here. I missed a ga last time, week 3, and could not view my feats at all for that whole week. Gac area just said there is no grand arena events active at this time for me for a whole week.

You can not join (no feats no access)
    You can join only (feats but no ga)
    You can enter ga (feats + battles)

Also... your automatically assigned a division even if u dont join gac.

This is how it works for me other devices may be different.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Nope, your wrong here. I missed a ga last time, week 3, and could not view my feats at all for that whole week. Gac area just said there is no grand arena events active at this time for me for a whole week.

You can not join (no feats no access)
    You can join only (feats but no ga)
    You can enter ga (feats + battles)

Also... your automatically assigned a division even if u dont join gac.

This is how it works for me other devices may be different.

You are 100% incorrect. And the UI doesn't change between devices. When the GAC launches, feats and your division are available for you to view and start earning when you hit the GAC screen for the first time. The only thing that a player needs to manually join is the individual GA rounds.
  • alikssepia
    46 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    You should go and look at the raid screen again. Your name is on the list and in a random order before you join the raid, again consistent with what you see in GAC, yes some variations because they are different game modes, but it all follows. It is consistent.

I don't think it is. Before people have joined the raid, their names have no assigned rank, after they have joined, they get a rank. Please see screenshot below.

snsohhnjtksp.jpg
    Post edited by alikssepia on
  • alikssepia
    46 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I hope the devs at least know about the confusion that affected so many people and know there's room to improve.

Now there's one question that worries me very much. If anyone can reply, I'd be very grateful.

Now that we're locked out of GA, is there a chance we can join it for the next week? Or do we miss the whole month and a half?
  • Options
    @alikssepia we can sign to the next GA tomorrow...hopefully!
  • Options
    Ally code: 121-162-497
  • Options
    Funny how all of these issues appeared now, and not on previous gacs. Obviously, its the players problem
  • Options
    ShaeVizla wrote: »
    Funny how all of these issues appeared now, and not on previous gacs. Obviously, its the players problem

It's not about laying blame. If many gamers get confused by the interface, why not simplify the interface. It's been done before, (i.e. defense counter in GA on the map screen to help alleviate missing defenses).
  • Options
    @ShaeVizla actually i don’t think missing out on a GAC is very funny at all when I spent 2k crystals just before it getting my Clones ready. And yes, it’s my problem hence this post trying to do something about it.
  • Options
    Same here: 551-125-651
  • UtinniHands
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    definitely joined. really really bummed out especially after i finished first last round!! now i won't get to kyber this round and all of my $$ and time spent prepping for GAC is WASTED :(

Ally code: 766-443-948
  • Options
    I’ve had 2 guildies say it has disappeared for them too. I can def understand thinking you joined but didn’t but there seems to be quite a bit of smoke here.
  • Options
    Kyno told me to add my ally code here. Probably to target me in game - :) - but just in case someone is doing something about the GAC join issue ... 225-812-523
  • Options
    Ally code 579-737-498

Can see feats but no access either
  • Options
    alikssepia wrote: »
    I hope the devs at least know about the confusion that affected so many people and know there's room to improve.

Now there's one question that worries me very much. If anyone can reply, I'd be very grateful.

Now that we're locked out of GA, is there a chance we can join it for the next week? Or do we miss the whole month and a half?

Each round has a join option.
  • Options
    Ally code - 579-746-642. Spent a ton of crystals getting traya, sion and nih up before lock out too. Highly disappointing.