GAC Data collection tools should be stopped.

Replies

• Options
    If one of the people in my GA asked me what my former opponent is setting. I would message them back saying I wouldn't feel okay in telling them. Sorry, the answer is NO!

I too would never ask for such info.

This seems to be walking a line.... it just feels shady. So I'm with you.

You say if...Is this not normal? Maybe it’s just because I would usually reach out and start casual conversations with everyone in my group, but I would say at least once per group I would have someone offer up what my opponent set on D previously without me even asking. I always assumed my opponents were getting the same information, so I would actually specifically rotate my defenses to counter anyone overplaying them. I rarely really used the info provided to me much because I was always worried about my opponent doing the same thing I was and baiting me into something. Maybe I just overthink these things 😂
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Those that want their defense to be a secret to their opponents or future opponents are in for a rude awakening.

CG has already said they are looking into putting battle history data up in gac in the future and until then possibly on swgoh.gg.

This is to better identify cheaters. Right now, it is hard to tell if someone full clears you legitimately with a 60 banner per fight average or if they cheated. A battle log will help with that.

Once that's added, it is only a matter of time before that data gets aggregated and is available to look at. Those that set the same defense every time will have to deal with it.

It really is no different than when viewing you opponent's roster was added. It's just the direction the game is heading.

Personally, I want to be able to see what teams beat mine. I have had a few matches where my team was blown away. More details would make it easier to determine if I were cheated, or if not, what I need to do better with my defense.

So in my opinion, having this information, is beneficial and the benefits outweigh the downside. Now I do think they will make sure the round is over beforr putting the data up as well they should.

Right, but it should be available only after the match and not being collected by third party. Do you agree this it?

Yeah after the match and then available in game so your next opponent could see what you placed but you could see what they placed. Then it's fair.
  • Options
    Those that want their defense to be a secret to their opponents or future opponents are in for a rude awakening.

CG has already said they are looking into putting battle history data up in gac in the future and until then possibly on swgoh.gg.

This is to better identify cheaters. Right now, it is hard to tell if someone full clears you legitimately with a 60 banner per fight average or if they cheated. A battle log will help with that.

Once that's added, it is only a matter of time before that data gets aggregated and is available to look at. Those that set the same defense every time will have to deal with it.

It really is no different than when viewing you opponent's roster was added. It's just the direction the game is heading.

Personally, I want to be able to see what teams beat mine. I have had a few matches where my team was blown away. More details would make it easier to determine if I were cheated, or if not, what I need to do better with my defense.

So in my opinion, having this information, is beneficial and the benefits outweigh the downside. Now I do think they will make sure the round is over before putting the data up as well they should.

My current opponent has the right to know what teams I used and what I scored.

After my matches I send a message to them - saying good match, best of luck and if they want to know any of the teams I used just ask.

I'm getting close to where I can actually bluestacks and put them up on the internet for my opponent.

Yeah, you're right, there will eventually be enough data to start to form profiles.

However, when you look at some of the people on the internet video channels. They still have great success when everyone can see their moves, their rosters mods and history.

You still have to play the game. So, not that huge of a deal.

• Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    If CG intended for people to know what is in the back territories right at the start, they wouldn't hide it in the first place.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    n0jpb61hkbc1.png
    The idea behind it is to allow you to save your own previous GAC battles so you know what worked well and what didn't in the future if you come up against someone with similar rosters and modding. The creator said he's thinking about, but doesn't think CG would like that and might shut him down if he allowed people to access that information. (Which is probably true). So for now, it seems like it's just something you could do yourself if you wanted to keep track of your previous GAC matches, but the bot will do it for you so you can see it easier.

Yeah, but creator does have access to information, right? I can't believe it won't be sold

The best way to handle it from a dev standpoint is to make previous battle history viewable in game just like you can view the rosters. That evens the playing field.

Or NOT ) And restrict that bot from collecting data. Or allow it to collect data from only registered users. Cuz I certainly vote against third party collecting my GAC data, actually it's law case in EU
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    n0jpb61hkbc1.png
    The idea behind it is to allow you to save your own previous GAC battles so you know what worked well and what didn't in the future if you come up against someone with similar rosters and modding. The creator said he's thinking about, but doesn't think CG would like that and might shut him down if he allowed people to access that information. (Which is probably true). So for now, it seems like it's just something you could do yourself if you wanted to keep track of your previous GAC matches, but the bot will do it for you so you can see it easier.

Yeah, but creator does have access to information, right? I can't believe it won't be sold

The best way to handle it from a dev standpoint is to make previous battle history viewable in game just like you can view the rosters. That evens the playing field.

Or NOT ) And restrict that bot from collecting data

I take it you don't vary your defense much. But no matter what, if you can see the attacks of your opponent, there are several ways to get the information out. The chat feature has already been mentioned as one of them.

People will screen shot it and share it. I believe it to be better that everyone has the same information rather than just those that find a work around.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    If CG intended for people to know what is in the back territories right at the start, they wouldn't hide it in the first place.

None of the data from the previous round, tells your current opponent what you put in the back. Just what you have put in the back in the past. It may or may not be the same.
  • Options

So in my opinion, having this information, is beneficial and the benefits outweigh the downside. Now I do think they will make sure the round is over before putting the data up as well they should.

After my matches I send a message to them - saying good match, best of luck and if they want to know any of the teams I used just ask.

I'm getting close to where I can actually bluestacks and put them up on the internet for my opponent.

Yeah, you're right, there will eventually be enough data to start to form profiles.

However, when you look at some of the people on the internet video channels. They still have great success when everyone can see their moves, their rosters mods and history.

That's your own bussiness. I still waiting the creator to answer if his tool collecting MY data, and if it does I'm against it. And we all need to raise voices not to let it happen and restrict that bot from the game
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options

None of the data from the previous round, tells your current opponent what you put in the back. Just what you have put in the back in the past. It may or may not be the same.

That's true.

Doesn't make the discord any less sad.
  • Options
    @Hotsauce So... does bot collecting any personal data on opponents or not?
  • Options

That's your own bussiness. I still waiting the creator to answer if his tool collecting MY data, and if it does I'm against it. And we all need to raise voices not to let it happen and restrict that bot from the game

I don't think that data is currently being shared. But the devs have said they plan on chaging that to fight cheating. That's why it should be made available to everyone. That stops a 3rd party frim collecting it and only sharing with a few.
  • Options
    And it could be nice if we hear something from devs here. Any way to make it happen?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    On the one hand, this is scummy and undermines the whole spirit of the game, imo.

On the other hand, I also know that in any competitive game, people will spend far more effort than they ever have on the game itself trying to find ways to cheese it and gain an unfair advantage. I feel like no matter what the devs do to prevent this sort of thing, dirtbags gonna dirtbag.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    And it could be nice if we hear something from devs here. Any way to make it happen?

Ask on reddit.
  • Options

That's true.

Doesn't make the discord any less sad.

I'll admit it will change the strategy some. I already look at my opponent's roster before I set defense and adjust my strategy based on what I see. If they add this I'll look at it too.

Those that place the same defense everytime will probably lose more but it's their choice to not be flexible.

The point I'm making is that tge most fair way is to have everyone have access to the same data.
  • Options

I don't think that data is currently being shared. But the devs have said they plan on chaging that to fight cheating. That's why it should be made available to everyone. That stops a 3rd party frim collecting it and only sharing with a few.

While devs haven't givven it to us all - we should stop bot for a bit more fair game )
  • Options

It collects what they placed in any of the open zones, and is only available to the person who was the opponent. I am done responding in this thread. I frankly think this thread is extremely mis-leading, not well intentioned, and the way it was started complete garbage. I am happy to discuss and engage on my discord. I am quite friendly and open to any public discussion you will find.

Hotsauce
  • Options

Ask on reddit.

Gimme link, please. And who's in charge there?..
  • Options

While devs haven't givven it to us all - we should stop bot for a bit more fair game )

From the pic you showed, it looks like you have to have the app on your device and tell it to record to get the data.

Your defense would be recorded if your opponent used this and they built a profile on you.

I'm assuming this is what you're worried about.

The devs can either fight this (probably not going to work since it's just recording from your device if you sign up) or just make the data available to everyone. Much easier and they are already going to do so to combat cheating.
  • Options
    Hotsauce wrote: »

It collects what they placed in any of the open zones, and is only available to the person who was the opponent. I am done responding in this thread. I frankly think this thread is extremely mis-leading, not well intentioned, and the way it was started complete garbage. I am happy to discuss and engage on my discord. I am quite friendly and open to any public discussion you will find.

Hotsauce

You didn't answer the question: does third party (your bot) collect MY personal information - player ID, toons' stats, etc?
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Ask on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/

And are you asking who the King of Reddit is?
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Ask on reddit.

Only who should I reffer to on this issue? )
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options

Ask on reddit.

Onlh who should I reffer to on this issue? )

Dunno, maybe ask at Reddit.
  • Options

Ask on reddit.

Onlh who should I reffer to on this issue? )

Dunno, maybe ask at Reddit.

LOL
  • Options
    This bot is doing exactly one thing: saving time.
    It is not showing you data you do not have access to. You can write down all of your history, or you can use screenshots, or an excel sheet or … use a programmed database which is doing the math for you.

Its still the same data, it just saves you time. So the decision is not paying on gaining data you must not see (that would be cheating, no debate about that), but paying for having more comfort and save some time.

If you want to safe the money and come up with your own program or app or excel you have to fill manually: Go for it.

Or just play without doing at all. Trust your own guts sometimes is better than any statistics. Use the force or let the force serve you. Choose your side :)
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Options
    It doesn't do anything more than you could do with paper and a pencil.
  • Options
    It is not showing you data you do not have access to. You can write down all of your history, or you can use screenshots, or an excel sheet or … use a programmed database which is doing the math for you.

Its still the same data, it just saves you time. So the decision is not paying on gaining data you must not see (that would be cheating, no debate about that), but paying for having more comfort and save some time.

If you want to safe the money and come up with your own program or app or excel you have to fill manually: Go for it.

Or just play without doing at all. Trust your own guts sometimes is better than any statistics. Use the force or let the force serve you. Choose your side :)

If bot has access to MY data - bot is third party and it's against TOS cuz I didn't register and allowed it to use MY data
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options

If bot has access to MY data - bot is third party and it's against TOS cuz I didn't register and allowed it to use MY data

There's lots of bots that have access to your data already.
  • Options
    It doesn't do anything more than you could do with paper and a pencil.

Again - it's third party I don't want to share with
This discussion has been closed.