General Anakin Is F2P

Replies

• Ultra
    11524 posts Moderator
    Options
    Since October of last year we had the following toon/ships added to fleet nodes:

1. Anakin's ETA
    2. Carth Onasi
    3. B1
    4. Shaak Ti

We've had one year to farm Anakin's ETA -- not sure where all that fleet energy went
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Let's ignore the power requirements (gear/zeta requirements) and call it f2p.

Forget that fleet energy only recently got reworked and before that it was alot slower to collect. B1 and Anakin's ship coexisted on fleet nodes so until they were reworked you could realistically only farm 1 and then Shaak Ti also comes to the same location so that's 3 characters from 1 location, which even with the reworked energy it's still alot.

The op is definitely trolling
  • Options
    JZ95 wrote: »

Forget that fleet energy only recently got reworked and before that it was alot slower to collect. B1 and Anakin's ship coexisted on fleet nodes so until they were reworked you could realistically only farm 1 and then Shaak Ti also comes to the same location so that's 3 characters from 1 location, which even with the reworked energy it's still alot.

Oh aight buddy.

Aight
  • Options
    Other than Shaak Ti, I have all the ships and characters farmed and geared to enough power already. None are G13, 17,700 isn't crazy. And I didn't guess right or anything. I farmed the droids for Padme and DSTB, the GR ships because I'm working toward a Negotiator fleet, and generally all the characters and ships are strong.

As for Shaak Ti, I'm at 29/85 and will surely be done for the 2nd round of this event. Several folks in my guild have her 7*. Totally accessible.

That said, I still think the event might not be so F2P. It depends on how difficult the ship event is. Mace is a lot weaker than GK. I'm concerned the event will be tuned for GK, even though no one will have it yet. It's quite possible it will be reasonable with GK, but with Mace you'll need the GR pilots relic'ed, and that's where they'll hit the whales.
  • Options
    Obiwantuan wrote: »
    If you have been playing GoH for 2 years or more, chances are, you will have all the required toons if you are in a good guild. The only exception being Shaak Ti as she is still fairly new. The requirements are pretty low unless you are a new player.

I see what they are doing, make it possible for a lot of older players to unlock him day 1, then have some 100 dollars packs to tempt people to make him G13 and relic 7 immediately.

Characters yes, ships nah.
  • jfears2
    188 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    And here is how everything gets justified, someone somewhere chose to farm Shaak Ti instead of all these other characters, someone somewhere got lucky and picked the right characters to farm because they are a fan of a certain era of star wars and now the get a free pass for the meta for 6 months. We've been through all this before, CG wouldn't have made the requirements what they are unless they saw huge revenue potencial, this only means one thing, they know how to make the most money out of every situation, Anakin made no sense, we already have his ultimate form, can someone explain how he's any different from the version we have already?

This is another slap in the face of loyal long term players. And BTW, whoever says it's just Shaak Ti that's the only p2p aspect of the event, well who cares? That's still prohibitive for getting the character

Would you like some sour with those grapes?

And no, I'm not a whale, I'm not a CG employee, and I will not be doing this event because I'm not even close to ready... maybe 2nd time around, we'll see. I'll survive, just like you will.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Options
    I do not even like ships yet somehow have all the required ones but believe what you want.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Same argumensts every time, bunch of whales and CG apologists trying to justify these events. Meanwhile CG keeps coming up with more creative ways to make it less and less predictable of what's next. Going as far as requiring 10% of the game's roster for a single event character.

We went from requiring gear 8s for legendaries to gear 12++ while barely making easier to get gear past gear 8. Now we're at the point where you need to utilize 10% of the game's roster at basically end game gear for 1 character, because that's the only way to catch even the whales odd guard.

There is no such thing as a f2p friendly legendary event, that a myth, if it's f2p friendly then CG would have, by definition, missed the mark
  • Options
    A second-time unlock is doable for F2P players who aren't way behind on GR and Seps. A first-time unlock, however... I don't think there are many people who meet all the requirements or can get ready in the few remaining days. And those who do are probably not F2P to begin with.

But that's par for the course. Whales get first pick and a temporary advantage, as always. At least they don't require toons like Juhani or Canderous this time around. Aside from Droideka (and maybe Shaak Ti if General S. renders her obsolete) all characters and ships* are extremely useful.

*That is, if you have the patience to 7-star the Negotiator before getting your JKA 2.0. Unless Mace gets a rework, it would be painful to gear him up for his obsolete capital ship. And I have a feeling that the event might be next to impossible with Endurance.
  • Options

Oh aight buddy.

Aight

The shards are not the problem
    Nor is the requirement power
    What will be the problem is what you need to actually beat the event

So talking about that this event is totally f2p if youmight need like 10 + specific g13 +relics including mace is a bit troll though

I have every character needed above the gp threshold every ship aswell

And the chances I will get through the event to get another 5 star unlock will be around zero if I think about how cg will tune it
  • Options
    I personally don’t like that I’ll miss out on the first, and possibly second, run of this Character because I don’t like the ships aspect of the game. It’s boring and derivative so I focus on toons, which is now blocking me from the newest toon despite having many of the toon requirements either at g13 or close. That said, I think the requirements are fair enough. Good luck to all who’ll unlock him.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I personally don’t like that I’ll miss out on the first, and possibly second, run of this Character because I don’t like the ships aspect of the game. It’s boring and derivative so I focus on toons, which is now blocking me from the newest toon despite having many of the toon requirements either at g13 or close. That said, I think the requirements are fair enough. Good luck to all who’ll unlock him.

I've been saying for ages that I can't wait til the "never ships, ships r badz" crowd misses out on a meta-defining character. My day has finally come. The forum rage will be sweet, and I shall sip its nectar like unto a fine wine.

(For the record, I'ma miss it too because my Republic faction are all trash, but I'm not going to get all raged about it.)
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Oh aight buddy.

Aight

The shards are not the problem
    Nor is the requirement power
    What will be the problem is what you need to actually beat the event

So talking about that this event is totally f2p if youmight need like 10 + specific g13 +relics including mace is a bit troll though

I have every character needed above the gp threshold every ship aswell

And the chances I will get through the event to get another 5 star unlock will be around zero if I think about how cg will tune it

Well if its like that I would respectfully change my mind and accept your views.

(That sounded way too passive lol)
  • JKDude01
    51 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Do we know if there will be the Shaak pack available again?? I have farmed her in Fleets since she was released and still only at 9/100. I have everything else more than ready.
  • Options
    A second-time unlock is doable for F2P players who aren't way behind on GR and Seps. A first-time unlock, however... I don't think there are many people who meet all the requirements or can get ready in the few remaining days. And those who do are probably not F2P to begin with.

I was agreeing with you up til the last sentence. As I've said elsewhere, i have all the toons @7*, entirely FtP (I spent $20 when I first got the game and none of these characters even existed yet - heck, ships didn't even exist as a game mode when I spent that $20, and that's all I've ever spent on the game) except Shaak Ti, who is zzG11 and 93/100 with the last 7 shards easy to collect in the next couple days and the G11 finisher already crafted and waiting.

In preparing for this FtP event, i assumed that they were going to make Shaak Ti an important part. I was correct.

I further assumed that if SkTi was included, then the clones would be. I had both the clones and sep droids, but neither were geared. I chose to gear the clones. I was wrong.

Ultimately, as entirely FtP for the purposes of all these characters and all these events, I had a 50/50 shot at being ready. Other than a 6-month break, I've been playing steadily since early January 2016. If I had been playing those 6 months, I would have had both clones and sep droids by now.

But forget that. Even with that long break (which cost me far more than $20 of crystals bought me), I had a 50/50 chance at being ready for this event on first pass. If I'd picked the right faction to gear, qualifying for all 4 encounters would have been trivial for me.

No, this event isn't for people who are FtP and started the game in the last 18 months.

Yes, this event is easily doable for FtP folks who plan ahead for the 2nd pass.

Yes, this event was technically possible for FtP folks on the 1st pass if they'd picked the right priorities.

Yes, this event was probably easy to qualify for as an FtP player who had been playing since near-launch.

If, like me, you don't qualify for it this time (I have 2 x g8 and 1xg9 droids to gear up, so there's no way I'll make it), that doesn't mean it's not a FtP event. Just think of this first pass as your official notice of what requirements you'll need to meet.
  • ScummerAntilles
    77 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This is a resource management game.

Ships has been a place where there has been few additions since the start, with the constant impending threat that it will become like toons - too many to manage, the need for F2P to focus.

If you haven't been farming every ship that you don't have this whole time you have been failing at the resource management aspect of this game.

I've invested in ships, which has largely been ignored in events, under the premise that this is an area I can stay even on. So why shouldn't there finally be events that reward fleet development?

Everything else, as a vet player, I have without farming with the exception of Shaak Ti. Because I develop in-line with events. Everything here is a core toon, required for an event or part of a top composition. A lot of my F2P friends went all-in when Shaak Ti become F2P and already have her at 7*.

If you haven't been hoarding gear for the meta shift, you've failed at the resource management part of the game. We people who are F2P or low-level spenders don't get to have everything. We have to wait and spend on key toons that are meta-defining or event-specific. We don't get to have the shiny Jango Fett G13 double zeta R7. If what you have been doing is going for B level team development instead of waiting for meta shifts, you've been playing the game wrong. If you play it right, the non-meta B+ squads are the whale squads, not the metas. Yes, Malak changed that. This event is not like the Malak event.

If you have things like Q'ira and Vandor zeta, but you aren't ready for this, you've played the game wrong. That is a squad for whales who can get extra comps. If you acted like a whale and put resources in toons that are unconnected to events for an "edge," you played unwisely. You played like a whale when you aren't a whale.

Now. What we should really be worried about, particularly us F2P and low-level spenders, is whether Anakin will unlock at 7*. Because if he doesn't, it will mean our Anakins are either relatively weak or the gear crunch gets worse as we spend GET on him. And if somebody does manage to get Anakin, they should be able to just enjoy him in all game modes and not wait months before running him in a raid or in TB.
  • Options
    If you have been playing GoH for 2 years or more, chances are, you will have all the required toons if you are in a good guild. The only exception being Shaak Ti as she is still fairly new.

True true, but I don't play a lot, just log in, do some arena, collect energy and shard attempts, etc., I've not spent much money too, so I'm not nearly as advanced as a lot of other long time players. As I said before, I focused on Ewoks more than anything, which aside from C3PO, had had no help in the game at collecting other valuable toons.... :) Regardless, I love them and I love I pwning teams that are much "better". Trashing a Darth Revan squad that has more zeta's, relics, etc., and doing it with Ewoks before the enemy squad even get's 1 attack is much fun!
  • Options
    I'm ok with the requirements. Won't get him but the 3 i lack (eta, shaak, b2) are the ones i am currently working on anyway.
    I just have the feeling that this could be the most shortlived Investment ever for those willing to spend on it. It's not even 2 month til ep9 Drops. Can't imagine they don't create a true new meta around it.
  • ScummerAntilles
    77 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Naver666 wrote: »
    I'm ok with the requirements. Won't get him but the 3 i lack (eta, shaak, b2) are the ones i am currently working on anyway.
    I just have the feeling that this could be the most shortlived Investment ever for those willing to spend on it. It's not even 2 month til ep9 Drops. Can't imagine they don't create a true new meta around it.

This is another thing more to the point of F2P relation to this event (in addition to the real attack on F2P being if Anakin doesn't unlock at 7 because it will increase the gear crunch at a time the devs have said they will alleviate it). Does the F2P accessibility of this mean it's a way to drain gear and zeta hoards? Which we have seen before...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Um, everyone and everything in this game = ftp, fyi all.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Options
    I know I wont get him this time around, I'm free to play but Better hope for next time.just have to get 125 shards anakin's ship and 239 for the other one.then all will be geared up and ready.This whole game is F2P just takes time to get where you want to go...
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Plus new movie coming out also dont even know if its gonna last long if its gonna be meta..
  • Options
    What we should really be worried about, particularly us F2P and low-level spenders, is whether Anakin will unlock at 7*. Because if he doesn't, it will mean our Anakins are either relatively weak or the gear crunch gets worse as we spend GET on him.

This.

You can't honestly claim to be alleviating the gear crunch by introducing a new currency that you can use to buy gear ... and then require your first 12 months of that currency for mandatory toons/ships like Negotiator and General Anakin. That might help alleviate the gear crunch a year from now, but it does nothing to alleviate the crunch now.
  • ScummerAntilles
    77 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    What we should really be worried about, particularly us F2P and low-level spenders, is whether Anakin will unlock at 7*. Because if he doesn't, it will mean our Anakins are either relatively weak or the gear crunch gets worse as we spend GET on him.

This.

You can't honestly claim to be alleviating the gear crunch by introducing a new currency that you can use to buy gear ... and then require your first 12 months of that currency for mandatory toons/ships like Negotiator and General Anakin. That might help alleviate the gear crunch a year from now, but it does nothing to alleviate the crunch now.

And because, at least for veteran F2P / low level spenders that have been playing the resource game wisely, this event is accessible... it kind of deflates being able to complete it / slaps you in the face if you have put everything you need into these 15 different things over time... and then you get Anakin... and now he represents an additional forward drain. I hope they just let the event be the positive experience for F2P that earned it that it should be.

Can I please just complete this and feel good about it?
  • Options
    SWGOH

Star Wars Galaxy of horse ****
  • Options
    This event is ftp friendly at least for long-term ftp players who focus.

Newer players not so much. I guess they have to whale out or miss out.

I've played about 3 years (Nov 2016). In that time I finished mist important farms. All legendary/journeys. That frees you up to speculate/hoard.

So let's break down the req.

Fleet: I already had all the ships over the power. Negotiator is the new meta and the ships you need forthee event all work with it.

Galactic Republic: Padme and crew all have enough abilities to be easily over the threshold if you have a semi decent padme team. Shak ti is the only one that I had below the power. Mine was at 11k. I had 5 zetas saved though so I used some saved crystals and two zetas and she's ready at g9. I still need 45 shards (I started farming her node 3 times a day when she dropped). But that is only about 3600 crystals if you finish completely from shipments). And it's not like there were a ton of recent marques to farm. So focusing on shak ti made sense.

Seps: The requirements are all needed for geo tb and required to beat 16.5k so if you cared about that you should be at least somewhat close. I still had two left that were a thousand power or so short. I used stashed crystals to finish them.

I'll admit gearing with crystals is expensive. I went through 15k in crystals to finish everything off. But stashing isn't required. Had I not hoarded and instead geared the teams sooner, I would have been ready.

But to be honest, didn't think it was happening at this point. Mostly because I didn't see a high enough paywall.

You can even see my post 2 hrs before the event was announced, saying why I don't think it'll happen, yet I'll be ready ftp.
  • Ultra
    11524 posts Moderator
    Options

Oh aight buddy.

Aight
    Surprised nobody called you a shill yet
  • Options
    But to be honest, didn't think it was happening at this point. Mostly because I didn't see a high enough paywall.

I had thought the same thing. The requirements really aren't bad.

I mean, sure they're extreme, but they're no more extreme than Malak, and probably a lot less. We needed a whole new squad (Old Republic) at 7* for that. For this event, we needed 1 relatively new ship (Anakin's ETA), 2 new droids (B1 and Droideka) and one new Jedi (Shaak Ti).

While we effectively get the shard for JKR and DR for free if you're counting those characters as Malak requirements, you still have to gear JKR & DR, which wasn't cheap.

And again, it's all worth it, but it's still a lot of toons to get and gear. I really thought that the next Epic event would be worse than that. I am pleasantly relieved.
    Now, EA/CG: Don't take that as permission to boost the requirements before 2nd pass!
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    We've had one year to farm Anakin's ETA -- not sure where all that fleet energy went

For me--Carth, Bastila, Jolee. I think Zaalbar, too. I get annoyed when they put characters in Fleet Nodes because I want to farm ships from there, darn it!

I'm not arguing with you, to be clear. I'm just saying where my energy went. Most of the way to ETA's 6th star now. I'll get him next time. Surprisingly my Magnaguard is g8 (I was mistaken earlier) and already 14k power. I thought that part would be a challenge, but I'm a gear tier and a zeta away from there already.

Yeah, this event's free. I only coincidentally farmed these things and am close to ready. Anyone who started longer ago should be within striking distance for sure.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    If you have been playing GoH for 2 years or more AND DON'T HAVE ANY LIFE, chances are, you will have all the required toons if you are in a good guild.

I've been playing this game for now 2 years and spend more than 1.5k€ in ctx. This game is full P2W yes.

https://swgoh.gg/p/561642741/