Sandbagging is a huge problem in TW

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    HJoci30 wrote: »
    We will report every opponent from now. Devs should at least aknowledge the problem.

So, you choose to report guilds that don't break any rules? Clever.......

No, its really simple. There is a huge need to fix sandbagging and compare guilds based on total gp also not just active registered gp. Easy as that.

And what good Will reporting non-cheaters do? Doesn't seem very clever to me
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Also if you are in a 200mill+ guild, you most likely arent in a casual guild so missing guild events will result in a kick out.

There are many 200+ million GP guilds out there with voluntary TW participation.
  • Options
    Is 44/49 sandbagging? If so , were guilty. A Couple forgot and a couple dont like it. You can't be expecting 50 players to join every single wars.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Well, that is an unverifiable and broad statement. The matchmaking originally did use total GP, so sandbagging wasn’t a thing until they changed it.

It’s not an argument anyway - it’s fact. TW is optional in my and many other guilds. Check the elite guild recruitment posts if you don’t believe me.

Matching on total GP would be a bad thing, and we should seek the best possible solution instead.

The best possible solution would be for 1 to stop defending the devs for their screw ups like you do just now.

DS is simply disagreeing with you and suggested a much better solution than yours. You really should learn the difference between this and defending the devs. Your suggestion is flawed.
  • Options
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    Is 44/49 sandbagging? If so , were guilty. A Couple forgot and a couple dont like it. You can't be expecting 50 players to join every single wars.

Interesting, we always have full participation. If someone doesnt like it, just put down def. You dont join and dont get rewards just because you dont like it. 😂😂
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Im not saying you are intentionally cheating by not forcing people, but when you get reported for it you should acknowledge the fact that you destroyed your opponents opportunity to play the only relevant guild content in the game and have fun. And thats as said before, lame as hell and you should accept the dirt you get for it.

Using the report feature for anything other than reporting cheaters is nonsense. Accusing guilds and players, that play by the rules, of cheating is nonsense. Noone should ever accept false accusations of cheating. Get real.

• Options
    I also dont like TW. But Im joining every single time, because it helps the guild. If you cant do that for your guild, than why are you in one?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Xlor1 wrote: »

Interesting, we always have full participation. If someone doesnt like it, just put down def. You dont join and dont get rewards just because you dont like it. 😂😂

Many guilds who are interrested in winning don't allow players who only put down def teams. They're considered leechers.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I also dont like TW. But Im joining every single time, because it helps the guild. If you cant do that for your guild, than why are you in one?
    Simply joining doesn't help the guild though. Only setting defense and not doing anything in the attack phase is arguably worse for the guild than not joining at all.
  • Options

Joining and not contributing does not help the guild. Setting all defence might help the guild, but it depends on your guild’s strategy. Wouldn’t work in ours.
  • Options
    Im not saying you are intentionally cheating by not forcing people, but when you get reported for it you should acknowledge the fact that you destroyed your opponents opportunity to play the only relevant guild content in the game and have fun. And thats as said before, lame as hell and you should accept the dirt you get for it.

Using the report feature for anything other than reporting cheaters is nonsense. Accusing guilds and players, that play by the rules, of cheating is nonsense. Noone should ever accept false accusations of cheating. Get real.

How can you tell they didnt cheat in GA? There are really no way to tell (only in exreme cases) Im thinking of reporting my current opponent, because with the teams he left for attack he cant beat my def only with seriously amazing rng. So Im not sure. BUT in TW we can know that the opponent left out members. We dont know if it was intentional or not. We can barely know anything, but with reporting, we can at least put them on the map for investigating. That is the only thing we can do right now.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

How can you tell they didnt cheat in GA? There are really no way to tell (only in exreme cases) Im thinking of reporting my current opponent, because with the teams he left for attack he cant beat my def only with seriously amazing rng. So Im not sure. BUT in TW we can know that the opponent left out members. We dont know if it was intentional or not. We can barely know anything, but with reporting, we can at least put them on the map for investigating. That is the only thing we can do right now.

Even if it's intentional, it's still not cheating. You're wasting the investigator's time by reporting guilds for potentially not cheating because you don't like the strategy (sandbagging) they're potentially using.
    That's like calling the police because you think your neighbour bought a red car just to spite you and now you have to look at it being parked in the driveway all day. (awesome analogy if i may say so myself, lmao)
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Even if it's intentional, it's still not cheating. You're wasting the investigator's time by reporting guilds for potentially not cheating because you don't like the strategy (sandbagging) they're potentially using.
    That's like calling the police because you think your neighbour bought a red car just to spite you and now you have to look at it being parked in the driveway all day. (awesome analogy if i may say so myself, lmao)

Your example doesnt works at all.☹️
  • Options
    Your missing the part, that they are stealing the option to win.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    No, you're missing the part where it isn't cheating/against the rules.
  • Options

We cant agree in this, but I think we can agree that it is an unfair advantage against guilds with full participation.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

We cant agree in this, but I think we can agree that it is an unfair advantage against guilds with full participation.

There's nothing to agree on, it's a fact that it isn't cheating/against the rules.
    The rules are fine, it's matchmaking that needs work.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Your example doesnt works at all.☹️

What’s wrong with the analogy? It involves reporting a person to the authorities because he did something you didn’t like that doesn’t violate any rules/laws. Exactly what you’re suggesting here.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Well, that is an unverifiable and broad statement. The matchmaking originally did use total GP, so sandbagging wasn’t a thing until they changed it.

It’s not an argument anyway - it’s fact. TW is optional in my and many other guilds. Check the elite guild recruitment posts if you don’t believe me.

Matching on total GP would be a bad thing, and we should seek the best possible solution instead.

The best possible solution would be for 1 to stop defending the devs for their screw ups like you do just now.
    After that we should punish guilds that do intentionally sandbag meaning they constantly have lets say above 33% percent rate people not joining and not 1 member but 5-6 which would result in 22-23 teams/territory category. That would mean every guild that leaves out 4-5 member every 3rd tw which is atleast once a month, should receive a punishment. Also another thing would be even when people intentionally leave out massive amounts of members still fill 25 teams.

Disrespectfully disagree with every single thing in this post.

I clearly stated that the current matchmaking isn’t fair. I’m merely pointing out that your proposed solution also wouldn’t be fair. If that’s “defending the devs”, then I suspect intelligent debate is not going to be possible.

Then your whole argument falls down as you go on to reveal the true motive for your suggestion. A spiteful, vengeful act that will punish any and all guilds who allow their members to have a life outside of the game.

That’s the problem with many of these TW/GA matchmaking whines. People don’t really want “fair” matchmaking. They want matched with guilds / people they can easily beat.

I want to be matched with guilds where its not a stomp or a loss i cannot prevent. Sorry but you said you are sandbagging aka you are abusing the problem, and i for one have lost over 80% of all territory wars due to beeing matched with guilds that shouldnt be in the same bracket(average is over 15-20millio gp,300+ zeta difference,300-600 difference in speed mods, not to mention legendary characters).

I want an equal matchmaking where my opponent is on the same level and tactics and effectiveness decide the outcome not who left out most people to beat down on a smaller guild. You just dont want your easy tw wins to be gone, thats why you are against anything and everything that would solve the problem.

Lol
  • Options
    Since we reached 200 mill gp, we only had sandbaggigng opponents. 18, 20, 26 mill and more is the difference in gp. This isnt fair machmaking. We cant do anything about it. We will not do sandbagging. We will report every opponent from now. Devs should at least aknowledge the problem.

Recruiting is at an all time low; people bailing left right and sideways, we have some ticket alts that are in no way shape or form going to be of any use, and those that have quit, and will do 600 but will not participate in anything until they are replaced; not to mention IRL commitments of those not being able to participate, your objection is completely and totally unfounded and I hope you get a time out for "Crying Wolf" every single TW. Your useless and unfounded reporting is taking away valuable time from finding and locating actual cheaters in the game.
  • Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    Since we reached 200 mill gp, we only had sandbaggigng opponents. 18, 20, 26 mill and more is the difference in gp. This isnt fair machmaking. We cant do anything about it. We will not do sandbagging. We will report every opponent from now. Devs should at least aknowledge the problem.

Recruiting is at an all time low; people bailing left right and sideways, we have some ticket alts that are in no way shape or form going to be of any use, and those that have quit, and will do 600 but will not participate in anything until they are replaced; not to mention IRL commitments of those not being able to participate, your objection is completely and totally unfounded and I hope you get a time out for "Crying Wolf" every single TW. Your useless and unfounded reporting is taking away valuable time from finding and locating actual cheaters in the game.
    Thanks for your helpful comment! This will help solving the sandbagging which is a real thing even if you think it isnt.
  • Options
    Yeah I may not be a 200 million gp guild member but in a relaxed guild where we don't even get full TB or raid participation we certainly don't get full TW turn out but we aren't cheating those people might get kicked if noticed that they aren't doing anything for a long time but just because you have a guild that forces or has everyone wanting to be active in everything and be effectively try hard doesn't mean you should expect everyone else to be when it's not even intentional. Also in our guild it's not really being a leech to just set defense when you effectively are saving back rows from being filled with much better teams so your higher gp members can save something for attack. I tend to save something for attack but rarely get to use it since it wouldn't scratch the defense ahead
  • Options
    There is a teabagging issue as well
  • Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »

Thanks for your helpful comment! This will help solving the sandbagging which is a real thing even if you think it isnt.
    The way to solve it has already been identified: match on active GP + number of signed up participants.

Reporting guilds for cheating, as you propose, will do absolutely nothing at all to “solve” it, as it is not cheating. I agree with @Bhaalor - I’d hope the devs impose a sanction on any guild frivolously reporting other guilds for something that is not against any rules. What a colossal waste of time and resources that would be.
  • Options
    What about guilds with just 46 members. Are they forced to leave TW because they would be sandbagging even when all would join?

I see so much trolling in here
  • Options
    GroggY wrote: »
    What about guilds with just 46 members. Are they forced to leave TW because they would be sandbagging even when all would join?

There's an easy fix where the matchmaking first starts trying to pair with equal members signed up and then slowly increases the delta until all matches are filled. Would eliminate much of the sandbagging, whether it is intentional or not.

We faced a guild that only had 40 members this TW and their average arena rank was in the 30s and average fleet rank was in the single digits. Needless to say we got stomped. I don't see how it was fun for either team - my guild largely checked out and we didn't even set a full defense. I really don't want to burn out my guys on unwinnable match-ups like this; why would I ask people to take time from their busy weekend when the outcome isn't in question?

If we get this scenario again we'll probably just do nothing and take the 2 zetas, as I can't in good conscience ask people to waste their time on pointless TWs. If people want to use it as a GAC testing ground, cool, but I value my guild members' energy and time too much to ask them to participate in noncompetitive match-ups.

You can say I'm a sore loser or that I owe it to the other guild to set a defense or whatever, but as a leader it's my responsibility to battle burnout fatigue in my guild so that people don't quit. Forcing people to participate in an unwinnable TW is counterproductive to those goals.
  • Options
    There is a teabagging issue as well

I legitimately laughed out loud. Well placed comment my friend.
  • Options
    I wish there were an internal reward system within the guild in place. We are a 50 member, 200+ guild and we are usually around 42-45 participants in TW. We lose about 75% of the time. Our problem is about 50-50 the other team and mainly our own team! We lose because we have to fight with the signed up people to actually set defence. Then, we have to cry to get people to actually attack and not leave pre-loaded tm. So, for us, I wish there were a graduated rewards system in place for our second place reward! I hate seeing equal rewards going to the free-loaders who sign up and sit out!
  • Options

There is no trolling in swgoh

• Options
    BeralCator wrote: »

There's an easy fix where the matchmaking first starts trying to pair with equal members signed up and then slowly increases the delta until all matches are filled. Would eliminate much of the sandbagging, whether it is intentional or not.

We faced a guild that only had 40 members this TW and their average arena rank was in the 30s and average fleet rank was in the single digits. Needless to say we got stomped. I don't see how it was fun for either team - my guild largely checked out and we didn't even set a full defense. I really don't want to burn out my guys on unwinnable match-ups like this; why would I ask people to take time from their busy weekend when the outcome isn't in question?

If we get this scenario again we'll probably just do nothing and take the 2 zetas, as I can't in good conscience ask people to waste their time on pointless TWs. If people want to use it as a GAC testing ground, cool, but I value my guild members' energy and time too much to ask them to participate in noncompetitive match-ups.

You can say I'm a sore loser or that I owe it to the other guild to set a defense or whatever, but as a leader it's my responsibility to battle burnout fatigue in my guild so that people don't quit. Forcing people to participate in an unwinnable TW is counterproductive to those goals.
    Just a heads up: if you do get matched with a stronger opponent, you might not want to “do nothing”.

If you or anyone else in the guild finish a TW on 0 banners, you don’t get the rewards. So you either need to set at least 1 squad each, or ensure you take out at least 1 of theirs.