Sandbagging is a huge problem in TW

12346Next

Replies

• Options
    So you think guilds are intentionally sitting out 10 of their members who will get 0 zetas, so the other 40 can get 3 zetas instead of 2?

I would hate to be in that guild.
  • Options
    So you think guilds are intentionally sitting out 10 of their members who will get 0 zetas, so the other 40 can get 3 zetas instead of 2?

If it isn't the same 10 members each TW, eventually they would come out ahead. 40 * 3 > 50 * 2.
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »

If it isn't the same 10 members each TW, eventually they would come out ahead. 40 * 3 > 50 * 2.

Tou are right.... ONLY if you assume they would lose all 50 50 tw.

But if they win a 50 50 tw then they get more zetas than if they made 10 people sit out and win, you left this part out of the discussion.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

But if they win a 50 50 tw then they get more zetas than if they made 10 people sit out and win, you left this part out of the discussion.

Ofcourse they'll lose when signing up with 50, they'll get sandbagged =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

50*3 > 40*3
    Checkmate atheists
  • Options
    If I found a way to sign up for TW that was under the minimum, I would expect to be reported. But, the way the game mode is set up it is working as intended. 25/50 is the minimum signup. Anything 25+ is not considered cheating, sandbagging, or other names that players made up to make themselves feel better. TW is set up to be optional. It is up to the guild(s) how they go about implementing this game mode. Some are try-hard focused and others are more casual and don't want the stress.

Every guild has the right to make the decision on what's best for them. No one on the outside should have the right to force a guild or influence how another guild operates. There are players out there who want everyone to go in 50/50, even the 800K ticket alt you have in your guild that's filling an empty spot. Being a GL, I will not have any outside player dictate how I run my guild. Whether I'm TW focused or optional, that's my decision.

Any (insert appropriate word here) that is reporting guilds for make-believe unfairness, when the guild is playing the game as intended (aka: non-cheating), then I would make a suggestion to the devs that players like you receive sanctions for wasting everyone's time for your frivolous reporting tactics.

Threads like this serve no purpose but to provide a platform for complainers who are only trying to gather sympathy for their ineffectiveness in TW.
  • Options
    in other word, your guild cant win so you want it made easier for you?

maybe you should change up tactics or something
  • Options
    Sandbagging? If it’s happening then only 1 or 2 guilds at most. It’s not a widespread issue even if it IS an issue, personally I think that’s a stretch at best. I have been running a TW focused guild since the mode come to SWGOH. We win consistently from organisation, teamwork and having an actual thought out plan that everyone in the team gets. We curb stomp **** guilds and face roll good guilds. We even have our **** handed to us by better guilds. Sort your guild out. Don’t criticise for being outplayed.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    HJoci30 wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    It is really good to see, that Im the bad guy, because Im trying to do something against unfair behavior in TW. 😂
    You’re not the bad guy.

You’re just wasting the devs time reporting guilds for something you think is unfair but is nevertheless quite plainly not cheating.

It is still unfair.

.... And still not cheating.
    Also If we wont do anything, the devs will not care about it.

May I suggest doing the right thing instead?

Please enlighten me, what is the right thing to do if you are so sure of yourself?

How about telling the developers your point of view instead of sabotaging investigation of cheating?

Telling the developers?Seriously? It takes takes months to get an answer from the developer whos actually responsible for handling tw issues.

Anything, that doesn't involve stupid reports of non-cheaters is better.
  • Options
    Forum threads
    One after another
    Showing up on my Google news feed

Never saw a game have so many whiney **** as I do with Galaxy of heroes.

Waaaaaa

Oh look, a comment whining about whiners. It’s the forum ouroboros.
  • Options

I assume if they can win regularly with 50 members there would be no incentive to sandbag at all.

For reference 40 * 3 = 50 * 2.4

2.4 zetas per TW is a win rate of 40%. So if you are winning less than 40% of TWs with 50 members, it's theoretically possible that dropping members might be advantageous if you can win nearly 100% at 40 members.
  • Options
    Forum threads
    One after another
    Showing up on my Google news feed

Never saw a game have so many whiney **** as I do with Galaxy of heroes.

Waaaaaa

Why do you have forum threads sending notifications to your Google news feed? Unless you're using your phone vibrations to heat a small town, that would drive me figuratively insane.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I feel like guilds really are not sandbagging, its just the effects of people being worn down/tired of CG's tactics. Yes, I'm sure there are guilds out there designed to sandbag, with low gp alts, but if a guild is lacking participation it is because people are quickly losing interest in this game. I know my guild has had like 36 and 39 in the last two TWs and that was not planned at all.
  • Options
    Guilds are sandbagging 100% we look up every guild we face and every time the other guild is short people they have millions more gp then my guild. I honestly don't believe that other guilds are not experiencing this as well. It really is almost every single tw. It is such an easy fix I am shocked cg hasn't tried to do something about it.
  • Options
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Guilds are sandbagging 100% we look up every guild we face and every time the other guild is short people they have millions more gp then my guild. I honestly don't believe that other guilds are not experiencing this as well. It really is almost every single tw. It is such an easy fix I am shocked cg hasn't tried to do something about it.
    Several people in this very thread have stated that TW is optional in their guild, so people are free to sign up or not sign up if they wish.

So, guilds are not sandbagging 100%.
  • Options

A player sitting out does not mean the guild is "sandbagging." I was busy last weekend so did not join the TW. It was certainly not done with the delusional intent of getting some kind of advantage from the matchmaking algorithm. Y'all are nuts.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Options
    Several people in this very thread have stated that TW is optional in their guild, so people are free to sign up or not sign up if they wish.

So, guilds are not sandbagging 100%.

But he has 100% made up his mind on the matter. :D
  • Options
    Join MAW if you want to win every TW.
  • Options

A player sitting out does not mean the guild is "sandbagging." I was busy last weekend so did not join the TW. It was certainly not done with the delusional intent of getting some kind of advantage from the matchmaking algorithm. Y'all are nuts.

lol yea sure.... it's not "sandbagging" and it's not intentional. Give me a break...

Yes, it is intentional, and mostly done by whale guilds by players with very strong rosters. They know what they're doing when they do so.

Personally, it's fine by me. Our guild has beaten many that have attempted this, but not all. There are some guilds with players with such strong rosters they can afford to lay down nodes with crazy Malak teams, GG teams, etc. etc....and use their rosters to full clear. Let's stop pretending to be ignorant. If people sit out and lose zeta's over it, fine by me. Zeta's are one thing you cannot buy (yet). If guilds can't handle war's with other guilds with full rosters, there's probably a reason they need to bring it down.
  • Options
    Starl0rd wrote: »

lol yea sure.... it's not "sandbagging" and it's not intentional. Give me a break...

Yes, it is intentional, and mostly done by whale guilds by players with very strong rosters. They know what they're doing when they do so.

Personally, it's fine by me. Our guild has beaten many that have attempted this, but not all. There are some guilds with players with such strong rosters they can afford to lay down nodes with crazy Malak teams, GG teams, etc. etc....and use their rosters to full clear. Let's stop pretending to be ignorant. If people sit out and lose zeta's over it, fine by me. Zeta's are one thing you cannot buy (yet). If guilds can't handle war's with other guilds with full rosters, there's probably a reason they need to bring it down.

No crap that some will do this. But guess what? I guarantee a lot of this is people quitting and guilds becoming more lax now with the mass of people leaving the game. My guild has had roughly 30m gp on the sidelines the last two and we are by no means sandbagging, we just can't get everyone to participate. The game has become chore-like. At this point CG needs to send some goodwill our way and maybe this issue will lessen.
  • Options

Are you by chance... an anti-vaxxer?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Zeta's can't be bought, but whales with strong rosters are sitting out and leaving zeta's on the table? C'mon man. There might be some (very few) who do this - but a majority of players only sit out when they are actually busy, largely because, as you correctly point out, they want the rewards - and especially zeta's. Or the guild can't keep at 50. Or people don't register or forget to or are too busy. Occams's razor.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Hanlon's razor.

Isn't Occam's more applicable here? ;)
  • Options

Disrespectfully disagree. As will the many others who have posted similar in this thread.

Accusing your TW conquerors of sandbagging is like making up nonsense about people who drive nice cars. Unverifiable and based on jealousy.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Hanlon's razor.

Isn't Occam's more applicable here? ;)

crud. Yeah, that's the one I meant. I always use Hanlon's for CG. I like them both. :D

Fixed.

• Options
    Sandbagging is not cheating. My guild faces it all the time in TW and we do win some of the matches. You got to look at it this way that the guilds sandbagging and sitting members can't win a match against an guild of equal GP bcuz they suck at planning and organization. I feel bad for all dopes who willingly sit out of TW just to be in a whale level guild. You don't see the top guild doing it, just the smaller crap guilds with poor leadership. It now just part of the game and nothing that can be done about it. You run into it in GAC a lot too. Players not farming half their rosters and dropping mods to keep their GP lower. It's not cheating but if you don't like it just place one team on defense and prevent them from completing achievements against you. That's not cheating either and it reduces their point total which can cost the in the end ranking.