Updated Reconciliation Plan [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    The original plan of giving shard currency to previous 7 star malak owners and crystals but just crystals to the rest was ok, but when tables get turned and the previous malak owners are getting shard currency and the 5/6 star owners are getting GET and 2 zeta mats is the time you pipe up is it? Weird that

Almost as if one was incomparably more valuable than the other...

Not disagreeing with that, but the original plan didn’t have people who was getting the shard currency for nothing whilst others wasn’t getting it complaining much either
  • DK_Raid_Violator
    244 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Ehmm.. I had a 6 star Malak and was saving GET for my 5 star GAS. I CG took my hard to get GET I would demand a refund for resources spend of getting GAS. And I would likely think of it a thievery and quit the game.

CG's "plan" a really bad, but this is worse.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    CAHEK wrote: »
    I bought crystals for $100 to supply him 4 parts for g12+! who me these crystals and details will return?! it's not 500 crystals at all! and I had Malak 85/100... I don't like this exchange!!!

You get to keep the g12+, though. And you get him to 7* sooner because of this gift so you can reapply it right away. Sounds like you win.
  • Options
    xgreenx wrote: »
    CLS wrote: »
    Robbed you??? You were NEVER entitled to free shards. If bank deposit money into your account that doesn’t belong to you, that money is not yours. Be happy with what your getting and save up your GET like everyone else that has him at 7*. And if you don’t like it quit like others have and go play that dragon game.

I do not need these 75 fragments !!! at the beginning of the event, I had all the resources for 7 * malak.

So you are getting 5k GET just because you decided to get your Malak to 7* a few days later? Seems like you are one of the players that benefit the most from this whole cluster, your complaints make absolutely no sense.

nobody will return the spent currency to me !!!!! only modules, spare parts and relics will be returned

What currency? The one you used to get Malak shards? Why should anyone return that?

What currency? The one you used to get Malak shards? Why should anyone return that?
    It’s hard to follow what your issue is, as I suspect English isn’t your first language, but are you saying that:

- you completed one half of Malak event last time
    - You completed the other half this time
    - You then spent your GET and gear etc to take him to 7*
    - You now fear that all the GET you spent will be lost forever?

If that’s what happened, you should be able to keep your Malak.

There is a chance, however, that you completed the SAME half again. In which case you’ll get the shards removed and you’ll get all your GET and gear back, because you shouldn’t have been able to unlock him in that manner.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    The original plan wasn't fine.

Which one? The one where they roll everything back and send out crystals and some shard currency? Sounds fine to me. If they wanted to make it better, they could just send the shard currency to everyone, no need to make further divisions.

i agree with that, but it's not like the original plan was all the way fair.
    Obviously only giving some players 2250 shardshop currency has less of an impact than only giving some 5k GET and 2 zeta mats.
    I'm cool either way, but both plans are/were unfair to some degree. Just give the same "compensation" to everyone.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Your point 2. Has the wrong conclusion.

People in this category are getting shard shop currency because the devs have no way of removing it from the people in sub-group A. So those that only did one half or did neither half are receiving the shard shop currency to make it fair amongst everyone in that category.
  • Options
    The original plan of giving shard currency to previous 7 star malak owners and crystals but just crystals to the rest was ok, but when tables get turned and the previous malak owners are getting shard currency and the 5/6 star owners are getting GET and 2 zeta mats is the time you pipe up is it? Weird that

Almost as if one was incomparably more valuable than the other...

Not disagreeing with that, but the original plan didn’t have people who was getting the shard currency for nothing whilst others wasn’t getting it complaining much either
    I and many others posted that the original solution was unfair.

Now, in response, the devs have rectified that issue and replaced it with another unfair solution.
  • Options
    I’d rather they flipped the compensation, we keep 7star malek and those who had him already get the zetas and currency.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Tezza23 wrote: »
    I’d rather they flipped the compensation, we keep 7star malek and those who had him already get the zetas and currency.

Not a good idea. Those who 7* him just before the event (not my case) would lose a whole lot of GET this way.
  • Options

Not a good idea. Those who 7* him just before the event (not my case) would lose a whole lot of GET this way.

Those guys haven't really lost anything they used that get to have a meta character for the last 9 months.
  • Options
    59stzquk4i8t.jpg
    f6o8r61f53b5.jpg
    I unlocked Malak this weekend (October 2019). I did Dark Side in one shot, but for the Light Side I spent about 3 hours to complete it. If CG will roll back all of my activity on this event, who will give me back my time spent and who knows if this time I will succeed to do it again? Are the devs going to play it for me? I guess not. So why do we pay for somebody else's mistake? Why don't you pay from your own pockets? Yes, you, devs. It's your mistake. Pay for it. If you will do the rollback for everybody, you are stealing from those who didn't nothing wrong. If you can't do the rollback just for those who wouldn't suppose to get the shards, then it is your fault and you have to close the issue and deal with the consequences.
  • Options
    Obiwantuan wrote: »
    How are they punishing you? You played an event I hope expecting NOTHING since you Already have him and will now receive crystals and shard shop currency. What did they take from you?????

Seeing as this is a competitive game, you are losing 5k GET by it being rewarded to your competitors and not you.

It'd be like a sports league award 5 points to some random subset of the competitors, and a cookie to the other ones... and you'd be berating the teams who didn't get points because they didn't lose anything and even got a free cookie!

Not to mention there's some players who didn't exploit the bug, and aren't even getting the cookie.

Then again the last one is just what CG always does any time there's a bug. ALWAYS exploit broken free rewards. Worst case, you get the same stuff as everybody else. Remember Bariss. Or that one time mod upgrades were free. Yeah, take advantage of it all. CG always kittens over the honest players.
  • Options
    K331 wrote: »
    I'm not even getting the 5000 GET and I was 1 of the first ones with malak and I spent 400 dollars on him..why should you get rewards and not me? Everyone should get the same rewards period..

Lol your spending offers you 9 months of complete domination AND the possibility to hoard for general anakin. That is not enough for you ? Jeez, man up

Dont play it like you lost something in this bug.

Period xD
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    I'm not even getting the 5000 GET and I was 1 of the first ones with malak and I spent 400 dollars on him..why should you get rewards and not me? Everyone should get the same rewards period..

Lol your spending offers you 9 months of complete domination AND the possibility to hoard for general anakin. That is not enough for you ? Jeez, man up

Period xD

who did lose something in this bug though? That's right, nobody. The gall to say others should "man up"..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Really?! you'd rather keep 60k worth of GET1 in malak shards and let the 7* malak owners get the 5k GET + 2 zeta mats? How noble of you. lmao

Well when you consider his meta is coming to an end , you’ve made currency back in the form of crystals in arena and grand arena and sith raid then on top of that you get free zetas and currency , so yes don’t sound that bad of a deal. The alternative 5star malek owners get bugger all 7 star malek owners get bugger all and in a months time your malek will be trash and your god mods will be on General Skywalker .

• BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    What world are we in?

Exploiting the bugs for extra rewards leads to collecting bonus rewards illegitimately....
    then CG steps in and grant's bonus rewards to ONLY the players who exploited the bug.

Did I just enter the twilight zone or some alternate reality? When did the new CG policy to reward people who exploited the game and punish all the players who didnt exploit a bug go into effect?
    Reread. That is not remotely what's happening. Whether or not you participated in the bugged event has no impact on what your compensation is, except as relates to shard shop currency, and in that case it's scaled to equalize.
    NightCrow wrote: »
    Just a question: Will I get back somehow the materials what I spent on my "newly" unlocked Malak to gear him up? Or I can just forget them right now, never will see them again... :S
    Expended resources from Malak will be returned to your inbox.

Someone who didnt have malak then unlocked him in this event then spent 5m leveling him and upgraded all abilities even bought shards of malak using get is getting their malak taken away, abilities and level reset to 0 and gets 500 Crystal's for the trouble... 500 Crystal's wont even pay for the gold they used let alone the abilities or any of the get they spent this week on more malak shards.

Unless they are letting some people keep malak (1st unlocks in this event) and others who didnt unlock him (because they avoided the bigger event) still have to wait which also would be unfair to the people who didnt play the bugged event.

Whether or not you played the event has a huge impact on consequences. If you played the event and won then used get1 to get more malak your losing a lot... if you didnt play the event your not losing as much as someone who beat the event. So people are being penalized for winning a event because winning the event is how players become suceptable to losing resources
  • Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »

Period xD

who did lose something in this bug though? That's right, nobody. The gall to say others should "man up"..

I am a bit disappointed by your reverse comment. You are used to be better at that usually.

I never said someone had lost something in this reply. Lol. For me everyone should had the same rewards because it was CG fault. If not i just think it is better to encourage the ones that didnt had malak than the ones that had it and have already moved on the next meta. Anyways, peace
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Jetro wrote: »
    Hello, I spent 3800 GET I points on Malak after the event, will I get them back too after this reconcoliation or I will lose them?

If you just unlocked malak in the event I beleive the answer is yes...

you lose the 3800 and the 5m gold and any abilities you upgraded but you win 500 Crystal's so you should be very happy that they gave you more than the initial plan of 250.

If you already had malak 5 or 6 stars then you get 5000 get... so 5000-3800 you get 1200 net... but essentially yes your losing what you spent and people who took week vacation and didnt play the game get the full 5000 since they didnt play the game or spend anyrhing this week there is nothing to take away.
  • Options
    No one did something wrong. It is CG fault that shards were earned.

Nowhere it is said that the event will NEVER give shards again.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    What world are we in?

Exploiting the bugs for extra rewards leads to collecting bonus rewards illegitimately....
    then CG steps in and grant's bonus rewards to ONLY the players who exploited the bug.

Did I just enter the twilight zone or some alternate reality? When did the new CG policy to reward people who exploited the game and punish all the players who didnt exploit a bug go into effect?
    Reread. That is not remotely what's happening. Whether or not you participated in the bugged event has no impact on what your compensation is, except as relates to shard shop currency, and in that case it's scaled to equalize.
    NightCrow wrote: »
    Just a question: Will I get back somehow the materials what I spent on my "newly" unlocked Malak to gear him up? Or I can just forget them right now, never will see them again... :S
    Expended resources from Malak will be returned to your inbox.

You are the one who needs to reread.

They are very specific that only those that are having shards/progress removed are receiving GET 1.

Those that are not having shards/progress removed, in other words those that did not play the event are not receiving GET 1.

What you are saying isn’t remotely happening.

Essentially if you cheated and exploited the bug you got rewarded with a bunch of GET and a few zeta mats.

How in the world is this fair to all those that didn't play the event and those that earned their 7* Malak the proper way?

I’m actually not surprised one bit.

A dev came in and posted to not play the event. Then they compensate the 5/6* players that did play the event and not the 5/6* players that did not play the event.

It’s completely backwards LOL

People didn't cheat or exploit the event. They played the event as it was rolled out. This is 100% the fault of CG who to compound their error, didn't tell people it was bugged until 10 hours after the event started (and that was on the forum, not an in-game message). What about players that don't use this forum?
    I agree the reconciliation gifts are hard to fathom but let's just drop this cheating / exploiting nonsense. If that was CG's view then presumably bans would be getting issued, not compensation.
  • Options
    If they keep running into issues and delaying the plan it is going to allow some guilds to fill additional platoons and get more stars.

It almost seems like at this point it is better to just not bother with the plan until after TB because folks are also being handicapped from promoting their current malaks because of him being removed from the store.
  • Options
    Brewser wrote: »
    If I interpret correctly, it kind of conversely rewards the people who exploited the bug, and penalize or not as equally benefit those who didn’t.

People didn't exploit the bug if they didn't know it was bugged. CG only stated that 10 hours after the event was rolled out. Lots of people would have re-played the event prior to that and lots of people wouldn't even see the announcement on the forum as they don't use it. Stop conflating error on CG's part with exploiting by the players.
  • Options
    I can't believe that the community are being selectively given the most valuable currency in the game. Giving that large amount of GET is insane to give to select players. That is absolutely ridiculous especially in light of this GAS release which is already questionable with GET.

Why are players not being treated equally?

Coming from a BIG spender, this is getting out of hand.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Okay, let's all be honest for a moment. I say that because I see a lot of people only arguing in their own self interest and not attempting to be fair, objective or see things from anyone else's point of view.

To start with neither reconciliation plan is "fair". To be fair (ironically) would be virtually impossible, as there are thousands of players whose rosters, what they did or did not do in relation to the event, what they "spent", etc. are all over the place. So there is/was never going to be a solution that is "fair".

WHY PEOPLE WITHOUT MALAK NEED TO STOP COMPLAINING
    The event didn't affect you. You're getting 500 crystals, which since you are an "earlier" game player is not terrible. Especially since you basically weren't going to participate anyway. Yes, I use the term "earlier game player" loosely but compared to many of the people posting, or who do have Malak or have had him since the first event, you are, relatively speaking. If you were someone who was going to finally be able to get him with this event, don't worry, you will and you have an extra 500 crystals to help gear him once you get him. And you have a few extra days to finish gearing up for the event. Incidentally, there are probably some of you that would not have "made it" to be able to participate when the event was dropped a week ago, that now, thanks to the delay and 500 crystals will be able to so congrats to you.

WHY PEOPLE WITH 5* & 6* MALAK NEED TO STOP COMPLAINING
    Stop. Just....stop. First off, a reminder that we are being honest in here. Secondly, most of the people in this group have played the game long enough to know or at least strongly suspect that the event was bugged. So I don't want to hear "I didn't know...so I spent XYZ as fast as a I possibly could..." We all know that's code for "I figured the event was bugged but banked on CG either not being unwilling or unable to undo it". If you have 200 posts to your name on the forums and reddit - you knew. You bet that CG wouldn't or couldn't rollback. You may still be right (we don't know yet as it hasn't actually taken place). But if you really think anyone is buying that you spent 12,000 crystals after completing the Malak event - and all before 10:00 am and you took the day of work because you suddenly believed after years of playing this game that CG had magically morphed into the most generous gaming company ever and was handing out 150 free Malak shards unannounced - and didn't think to check the forums or reddit...c'mon man. And even if you did all that - CG is still giving you 500 crystals, and 5000 GET and 2 zetas. And you should be happy with it. Full disclosure (since we're all being honest right here): I am in this group.

WHY PEOPLE WITH 7* MALAK NEED TO STOP COMPLAINING Quick reminder that we are being honest here - and in that spirit there is/was no way any reconciliation plan that CG put out was giving those of you with 7* Malak GET. And you all know why. It's GAS. For those that have had 7* Malak since the first event, or have had him for a while, whether you've been hoarding GET or not, CG has the numbers. They know that it's those same strong players (whether p2p or f2p) that also likely unlocked GAS. That's why you were never getting GET from CG for any reconciliation plan. Secondly, anyone with 7* Malak, please stop trying to play the victim card. You know that you have enjoyed an advantage in arena, GA, GAC, TB, and TW by having him earlier than many other players you face - an advantage rightly deserved and earned. But let's not suddenly pretend that as people that have 7* Malak owners for a long time, you're roster is suddenly deserving of some major CG help. The amount of crystals, gear and rewards of all types you have earned yourself and your guild have paid off in spades over the time you have had 7* Malak - and far outweigh any "reconciliation plan" CG has ever (or will ever) put together. And it's not close. And you know that.

WHY WE ALL NEED TO STOP COMPLAINING Most of us have been playing this game for a long time. At least the ones who have rosters that either have, or about to earn Malak. As such, we all know that CG makes mistakes and puts out buggy content...A LOT. We all know that Malak shards earned in a bug aren't "rightfully ours" (honesty matters) - and no, despite the countless examples of stores honoring mistaken price tags, read the disclaimers on websites, store flyers, etc. In most cases those stores are honoring the 30 cent difference to be nice - not because they are legally bound to in any way. So let's stop using that example too - as it's nonsensical and doesn't apply in this case anyway. CG is trying to make things right...sort of. I agree that in many ways this reconciliation plan falls short. But, again, if we're being honest, the revised plan is one of the more generous ones in recent history (500 crystals + stuff for most players that could have or did participate in a bugged event). Are there some outliers that aren't fair? Sure. Re-read the second paragraph of this post again then. Most of us are getting 500 crystals and some stuff for an event we either couldn't or shouldn't have been able to play in anyway - and that we only knew about when we read it in our shard chat or guild Discord that morning. Take your free stuff for what was really (if we're being honest) a very minor inconvenience - if we knew about it at all - and move on.

ETA: One other point I forgot to mention. Many of those complaining would not be complaining about this reconciliation plan at all, if we only knew what we were getting. There's a book I read that has a story about workers agreeing to work for payment coming at all different times of the day. At the end of the day, some are mad because they got what they agreed to, but only after they compare it to what others received. Let's try to remember that.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @CG_TopHat

How hard is it for you guys to give the same reconciliation across the board? I'd much rather have 5k GET than anything else. While your at it throw in several zetas since you haven't fixed your shizle that causes buttons to go missing in GAC. This has killed me in 3 out of the last 5 GACs. You guys are really going down hill, and the hill wasn't all that large to start with.
  • Options
    thantos911 wrote: »
    Honestly they should just take the hit at this point and go oh man we messed this up. Then just toss it back up and let everyone get the shards for malak and everyone is back on equal footing. If you don't have him unlocked, then next time it comes around let those that "missed out" on the extra shards do it again as well.

That is not even. Those who had him at 7 stars spent 57000 get 1 and gain 2250 shard shop currency. Everyone else gets 150 shards that saves them 57000 get 1 currency.