Updated Reconciliation Plan [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    CG has spoken. Next time they mess up everyone needs to exploit their mistake. If you do you get rewarded. If you don’t you get nothing.

Exploiting their mistakes is acceptable to them and rewarded.
  • ObiKenobiJonesy
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I actually clicked on the event, saw the rewards, figured it was a bug, why would they give 75 shards to someone that already has him 7*, and decided to not do the event because of that. So i get screwed out of free Get1 for not taking advantage of something i figured was a bug? I'd much rather have 5000Get1 and 2 zetas then some shard currency. Total **** by a company that cearly has no clue what its doing anymore.

(Not debating the fairness of the compensation, just trying to explain WHY I think they did it this way.)

The GET was given to a specific set of players that potentially spent GET not thinking they needed it any more. And it was something that CG cannot “rollback”. This subset of players potentially served to lose the most under those circumstances. (I am sure some would argue... don’t care) Therefore they are compensating that subset of players with some GET as no one should be worse off from playing the event.

This was not an exploit, players irregardless should not be in a worse position for having played it.

At least you can say you saw it and avoided it, I didn’t see it that way and played Darkside (at about 12:15am... even if I’d checked forums it’s unlikely anything would have been posted yet)

And now I’ve been on pins and needles wondering what the outcome would be. My only concern WAS not rcv the GET I spent back, now that it was desperately needed once again.

This solution wasnt perfect, but I’ll deal with it. I did not rcv some major advantage. I barely (didn’t actually) broke even.
    Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
  • Options
    5000 GET1*
  • Options
    Please CG, give the GET to EVERYONE that had 5/6 Malak and was online that day. They were just trying to follow orders and not "exploit".

This, it is an undeniable injustice that people who did as advised are left worse off.
    Just give every player the rewards. Take the loss and you cant even call it a PR win at this point.
  • Options
    Have to say, considering they specifically asked folks NOT to exploit and then rewarded those that did, even accidentally is not good. And I didn’t even get Malak.
  • Options
    Its seems like that ones who took advantage of the bug and tried to hide their newly 7 star by gearing it up to G12 or G13, hoping that CG didn't notice made out A LOT better than the ones who noticed that the event was giving out bugged shards and refrained from taking advantage of that bug. I mean the event clearly stated that Malak shards were only rewarded for the first completion of the event....not every time you complete it, only the first time.

Now there are a bunch of people running around with 5,000 more GET currency and 2 more zeta's than everyone else. That means they can 7 star General Skywalker sooner and zeta another toon sooner, which in turn trickles down to other aspects of the game, earning more GAC tokens and crystals.

For example.... You could be 15 General Skywalker shards short of getting that 7th star, and it take you a week or two longer to get those last 15 shards..losing out on a bunch of resources you might not missed out on had your General Skywalker been 7 stars.

It just doesn't seem right. Everyone should get the same, or no one should get at all. I mean aren't we supposed to be playing by the same rules? Everyone had the same "only receive Malak shards the first time" text. Some just chose to play by a different set of rules....and got rewarded for it.

Make this right please... @CG_RyDiggs @CG_SBCrumb @CG_CapGaSP @CG_JohnSalera @CG_Carrie
  • Options
    You absolutely CANNOT reward everyone with 7* Malak shard shop currency and for anyone without 7* but completed the event. Yet you give nothing to those who didn't have time to complete a GLITCHED event because you pulled it away immediately.

That's honestly so stupid.

Like seriously so bass ackwards.

Anybody read that and not get it? Are they robots at CG?

C'mon!
  • Options
    You absolutely CANNOT reward everyone with 7* Malak shard shop currency and for anyone without 7* but completed the event. Yet you give nothing to those who didn't have time to complete a GLITCHED event because you pulled it away immediately.

That's honestly so stupid.

Like seriously so bass ackwards.

Anybody read that and not get it? Are they robots at CG?

C'mon!
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Worst call ever.

They just doesn't care. Ridiculous.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Reward just some player who took advantage from a glitch.

Congratulations, you got as low as possible it one can get.
  • Options
    Because you listened to society and didnt follow your dreams.

Follow. Your. Dreams
  • ObiKenobiJonesy
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    This was a CG bug.
    It was NOT the fault of any players.
    Some that were affected by the bug resulted in use of GET under false pretense.
    CG is trying to help alleviate that loss to that set of players.
    “Some”‘ May have taken advantage as you said, but absolutely that is not the case for everyone, so you can’t treat everyone as if they had. Most that did, likely did so after CGs initial post at which point they should have already removed the event.

So now those that avoided it for whatever their reasons may be seem to be having sour grapes over it. No one exploited, no one broke a rule, no one should be punished and lose resources because of a bug. And the GET being cried about barely compensates those that got it.

It was compensation to players in that subset, to others it would have only been an undue reward.

This situation has been troublesome for everyone. Let’s let CG try to compensate, and not expect others compensation to be “rewarded” where compensation is not due.
    Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
  • Options
    It is compensation to players who did something that was clearly not intended and for hours was known to be a glitch and was all over YouTube. They are giving free rewards to people who are already ahead making it even harder for people to catch up.
  • Options
    It's actually worse than that...because it turns out that people who rushed him up in gear and 6* mods apparently get to keep those on him. And CG plans on doing....nothing. So basically, the harder you pushed past what they asked you to, the more you're rewarded.

CG, I have a new tag line for you :
    "CG: We don't allow cheating, we encourage it!"

C'mon man.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Personally, I did the Malak event and got my last shards to 7star *before* anything about bugs was ever announced.

I don't at all agree with this characterization that most people purposely exploited the bug. Most of us thought it was intentional, and were just playing the game. There are other events that reap rewards the first time they are played *each time they come around.* In fact many do.

PS I do realize that this is the net and no doubt several people will chime in to tell us how stupid we are. Whatever. Just don't say we're dishonest, because most of us aren't.
  • Options
    I was 95 of 100 to 7 star malak when the event came up so i didnt "need" the event. But to your point. Im glad i did dark side because 5000GET1 will bank nicely as a build up for return of GAS

THIS is exactly why it is unfair to not give everyone the 5000 GET1.
  • Options
    Do you hear that? That’s right, nothing! CG is staying silent because they have made things even worse which nearly impossible. Great job at making a disaster into a catastrophe. I wonder when they will address the player base. I doubt anytime soon.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    I don't get smart guys viewpoint of knowing it is a bug.
    Sorry, according to what? CG needed 10 hours to issue Any statement.
    it was unexpected yes, but according to CG not doing anything for 10 hours after event went live, one could assume it was by design.
    And it was all over forums, reddit, discord... 10 hours. It took 10 hours to say it is a bug..

I'd just like to point out that CG's initial response came at 8:15am their local time. So I guess if you are trying to suggest that CG waiting 10 hours is crazy because they were...oh, I don't know...home sleeping before coming into work for the day like most people? Yea, I'm going have to refer you to the first line of my post regarding being honest.

I'd like to point out that when you are involved with a multi-million dollar endeavor that runs high profile events it is not a good business practice to fail to properly test said event, or to not have essential staff on hand when the event launches. This whole argument about them not working 24/7 is laughable. If I am launching something at work I will be there when it launches to make sure all is well. It is a little thing called work ethic and taking ownership of your projects.

You work 24/7? Outstanding! Kudos to you - and 500 crystal candy bar.

Yeah, I do work 24/7. It's called being on call in case any issues arise.

Do you work at all? I mean, other than for CG or EA? I'm gonna refer you to the first line in your condescending post.

You are being completely unreasonable - no one is on call 24/7. Expecting people to baby sit a phone game overnight for an event that has launched twice already is completely unrealistic.

And to answer your question - yes, I work, not for CG or EA and not 24/7. Interesting that you state you work 24/7 because I have several family members who are doctors and nurses (and a volunteer firefighter) and none of them is on call 24/7. It's clear the entire "being honest" thing (or the "having realistic expectations when it comes to a game on your phone" thing) isn't a strong point with you. I think we can be done now.

Seriously?

Im on call 24/7.... thats just the way it is

Yes, I know - for 365 days in row, and you have to walk barefoot in the snow, uphill both ways. We've already had 3 people say the same (without the walking barefoot part).

Lol yeah im on call 24/7, middle of the night, holidays... doesnt matter. Comes with the job.

Zero sympathy coming from me. I get some of you dont have that type of job, but i do... so it does exist.
  • Options
    Seems they want to prolong whatever they came up with because they are running out of gas.

Refunding GET means people max out General Anakin sooner...and those without can tell you why they have a problem with that...
  • Options
    $
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    “includes giving us 0 resources that we have not earned already.”

Um, what?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    CosmicJ wrote: »