Light Side Geonosis Territory Battle - Republic Offensive [MEGA]

Replies

• 0dysseusK wrote: »
    Do platoons affect the Mundi mission?

The phase 2 ship and bottom platoons absolutely do. The phase 3 mid platoon will have pretty negligible impact
  • Nobody it’s saying, but this event is unfair for us the community. The enemies are lvl 95 XIII gear with who knows how many enhance level. I got teams with XIII gear and they get 1 shot by level 95 enemies with ridiculous gear. Where is the fun in this? You call this challenge? This is pure greed as it best form. Forcing people to expend insane amount of money only to realize with all that it’s not possible to compete. Shame on you EA
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    If KAM’s fate is to become as useful as his Hoth TB equivalent ROLO, then there is no rush getting shard of him

Who is saying that?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    If KAM’s fate is to become as useful as his Hoth TB equivalent ROLO, then there is no rush getting shard of him

Who is saying that?

He looks pretty great. Brings up the Jedi faction that are filled with support and healers.
    Wondering about a QGJ lead + Kam.

Also for theory crafters- Will Jedi Luke have similar to better mechanics?
  • Jouh
    64 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    What a bunch of whiners. It is doable! Pay CG and get all your GR and Jedi to 7 relic. Not enough? Mortgage your house and use the money to get better 6 dot mods. Still unable to complete? Spend your kids education fund and gear the rest of the LS toons to 7 relic for the LS nodes. Until then, dont complain is impossible.
  • On a related note, it’s been like a month since we reported missing Wat/KAM shards, has there been any news regarding how they’ll make it up to us?
  • If KAM’s fate is to become as useful as his Hoth TB equivalent ROLO, then there is no rush getting shard of him

Sure, except the majority of players won’t even unlock him before this game’s servers shut down
  • Wow... Just wow... Relic 7 toons can't even dent the first wave... Just wow...

How long will they drag out LSTB...
    How come will they start tuning things...

• Who cares? This event just plain sucks.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    @DrPaedan

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223017/state-of-the-galaxy-january-2020#latest
    some players/guilds are not getting Wat Tambor or Ki-Adi-Mundi shards when completing the special missions in the Republic Offensive or Separatist Might. We believe we’ve identified the issue and have released the fix two weeks ago. We’re monitoring to make sure it solves the issue, and if so we’ll start the work of returning missing shards. Our apologies that this issue has taken so long to identify and remedy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I know I'll likely be target practice for all the trolls, but I actually enjoyed geo lightside, and no, I'm not a mega whale. I have a 4.3M gp full f2p account. I was able to clear 27 waves last battle. Even got my first ki adi mundi Shard. First time around I was very discouraged, but this 2nd time around it was much different, it was actually encouraging to further relic teams. Only 2 teams that managed anything important were padme team and shaak ti team. I can see the discontent on facing such overwhelming odds, but if they made it easy, we'd get it over with so quickly and be bored by this battle. If you've been in the game long enough, just think how unbelievably impossible it seemed to do your first heroic AAT, Now it's full auto solo. New things keep coming out, and it'll get easier.
  • I know I'll likely be target practice for all the trolls, but I actually enjoyed geo lightside, and no, I'm not a mega whale. I have a 4.3M gp full f2p account. I was able to clear 27 waves last battle. Even got my first ki adi mundi Shard. First time around I was very discouraged, but this 2nd time around it was much different, it was actually encouraging to further relic teams. Only 2 teams that managed anything important were padme team and shaak ti team. I can see the discontent on facing such overwhelming odds, but if they made it easy, we'd get it over with so quickly and be bored by this battle. If you've been in the game long enough, just think how unbelievably impossible it seemed to do your first heroic AAT, Now it's full auto solo. New things keep coming out, and it'll get easier.

Could you share your teams so I can see relic levels etc?

Would like to know what to aim for

• YavinIVRecruiter
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Sure, since last battle I did upgrade Rex from R4-5, echo from r6-7, and shaak ti from r4-5, rest are the same. I also upgraded padme from r3-R4

wb8q9xeb8re7.jpg

• YavinIVRecruiter
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    I regularly managed 4/4 with shaak ti and clones as well as padme and managed 1/4 with jkr team as you can see there as well, the guild played as far as p3 though, don't know how they would've fared in p4.

cej6jhxpimiy.jpg
  • Thanks for the info
  • I am "enjoying" another strategic deployment of the magnificent LS Geo TB! Such a glorious experience.
  • So about the level of difficulty of LSGTB.... seriously, full R7 squads can barely manage 2/4 on phase one... are we seriously going to just keep going like there is nothing wrong with this?
  • Slaveen wrote: »
    So about the level of difficulty of LSGTB.... seriously, full R7 squads can barely manage 2/4 on phase one... are we seriously going to just keep going like there is nothing wrong with this?

Seems to be the case.
  • Slaveen wrote: »
    So about the level of difficulty of LSGTB.... seriously, full R7 squads can barely manage 2/4 on phase one... are we seriously going to just keep going like there is nothing wrong with this?

Wait, people don't like the difficulty level of LS Geo? Huh, I thought every forum thread was applauding their implementation of it and absolutely loved the difficulty level. Besides, when have forum posters ever asked for difficult content to get easier?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • The level of rewards for completing either of the ridiculously difficult Geonosis Territory Battles is a joke. At first I thought quite funny to watch a JKR team go in and not even get a turn but now this just isn't entertaining anymore. I can't wait to see if either of the Galactic Legends will fair any better than the current teams.
  • Roahn wrote: »
    The level of rewards for completing either of the ridiculously difficult Geonosis Territory Battles is a joke. At first I thought quite funny to watch a JKR team go in and not even get a turn but now this just isn't entertaining anymore. I can't wait to see if either of the Galactic Legends will fair any better than the current teams.

GL should fare better. Gives us an incentive to spend. I will say that DSGTB is becoming easier, especially with relic characters. Still disappointed that a relic 2 Gen Ken can get 1 shot on day 1, phase 1.
  • Rewards seem great. Battles are very RNG dependent. Using same squad p1 and p2 padme went 2/4 p1 to 4/4 p2. Jkr went 2/4 p1 and 3/4 p2.
  • Honestly, everyone's opinion likely varies here, but, for me, what I felt was the funnest part of this game for a long time is now the most excruciating and annoying (at least for LS Geo). I don't mind a good challenge, but, if we're being honest, that's not what this is at all. When gear 13 characters can't reliably even be competitive on P1....that's an issue. And, yeah, I get that our guild could choose to run LS Hoth, but from a progression standpoint, this also makes no sense. We can all agree that in terms of difficulty it would rank as follows (from 1-4): LS Hoth, DS Hoth, DS Geo, LS Geo. But, now, guilds are forced to choose LS Geo/LS Hoth or DS Geo/DS Hoth. So, it's basically choosing 4/1 or 3/2 in terms of difficulty. That makes little sense to me as it would be more advantageous for guilds to choose LS Geo/DS Hoth and DS Geo/LS Hoth (4/2 or 3/1). At least that cadence would have some semblance of rationality to it. And, all it would take is to alternate the LS/DS for each respective TB. All in all, maybe some of the decisions that were made with respect to this TB in terms of difficulty, progression, etc. will make sense at some point in the near future, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Just fix it already.

Here is an easy comparison, how many guilds are even getting 1/2 the star count for LS Geo...
    36 stars possible, and my guild is happy if we get 9 to 11 stars, because the payout is better then LS Hoth.

That is the only reason we beat our heads against a concrete wall, is because the rewards give you MK II Guild Event Tokens.

If only the top few guilds are getting 18 or more stars then this is broken. I get making a challenge but this is ridiculous. We basically place our GP and move on. It's more of a task then a challenge.
  • nah nah nah. You are getting the right rewards. They have make DSGTB too easy so the rewards given are too much. Now LSGTB is to correct the **** they have done wrong.
  • Dramgon wrote: »
    Just fix it already.

Here is an easy comparison, how many guilds are even getting 1/2 the star count for LS Geo...
    36 stars possible, and my guild is happy if we get 9 to 11 stars, because the payout is better then LS Hoth.

That is the only reason we beat our heads against a concrete wall, is because the rewards give you MK II Guild Event Tokens.

If only the top few guilds are getting 18 or more stars then this is broken. I get making a challenge but this is ridiculous. We basically place our GP and move on. It's more of a task then a challenge.

Maybe it is time for us to just return to Hoth when the LSGTB is running. I would rather play the game than collect resources. That makes it asinine.
  • I was really looking forward to taking on the Reek mission after 2 months of preparing for it. Shaak Ti & Rex at relic 5 & fives, echo & arc at relic 7. I was excited as I modded my squad out as others who have completed it recommended, I was nervous with anticipation at loading up the battle.

Then I got extremely annoyed (keeping it very PG there) when Fives & Shaak Ti got killed off in very quick succession near the beginning of the battle and I was left wanting to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. Now to wait another month before I even get to try again? Maybe it's time to join all the people who're leaving the game, you know what, I wouldn't even call it a game anymore because games are supposed to be fun
  • I wrote a very positive comment on this thread after the previous geo LS TB. I got regular 4/4 with shak/clones and padme team. I didn't have 7* negotiator or 7* GAS, yet and still I got like 27 completed waves, AND even got a ki adi Shard. Naturally I was pumped to go at it again. I finished GAS, Nego, and further raised relic levels and improved mods thinking I'd do better this time. This battle I was unable to get a single 4/4, no ki adi Shard. Only ships worked out pretty well. I understood that last battle I had astronomically good RNG. I fully expected to be able to complete the gas mission, having r7 both gas and ahsoka with arena lvl 6 dot mods. I was able to try the mission twice since we didn't advance phases , getting 3/4 once, 2/4 next. So seriously @CG_SBCrumb , what more can we do? even with maxed out toons, even if I wanted to spend to beat the mission, I can't go any further. At this rate we'll unlock KAM by 2025 (I doubt the game will even be running the way this is going). Please give us hope, reveal to us your card up your sleeve, what will enable us to beat missions? Is it level 90 increase, 7 dot mods, relic 10? Even if everybody unlocked GL Rey (extremely unlikely), that is still only ONE team, it won't fix geo light. Even if you don't plan on tuning down the difficulty, at least give us 2 geo light and 2 dark a month. It's no fun prepping a month only to epically fail and have to wait another month, finally getting to r7, just to miserably fail again. Or just flat out tell us, listen things aren't going well, we'll be shutting down servers in 3 months, or we'll be launching swgoh 2 in 6 months. Really, community disappointment is at an all time low, some serious feedback would be nice. The recent state of the galaxy was extremely poor. I don't even care that much if I'll never unlock GL, I get it that players who spend a lot (krakens and whales), would want an advantage, and GL might be it. But it feels like there is no new content (at least not beatable) for the rest of the player base.