You know what really upsets me? (GAC Signup rant)

Replies

• Options
    Well that’s an obvious statement, and every player feels the same. But when someone points out a quality of life issue (remember when we used to get quality of life updates) why bash them? It’s sophomoric and unproductive, because you understand exactly what they are complaining about but feel the need bash them for some reason.
  • Options
    No point in explaining to you why I stopped spending since you are obviously on some sort of superiority kick at the moment. Just find solice in the fact that yes everyone agrees we want new content and politely shut the hell up when folks make quality of life posts. Seeing as how that is not an area of the game you care about. We can leave it there.
  • Options
    Looks like my comments are being deleted, strange considering I never bashed CG at all. Guess you player bashers get an empty victory on this one.
  • Options
    JMFT wrote: »
    Well that’s an obvious statement, and every player feels the same. But when someone points out a quality of life issue (remember when we used to get quality of life updates) why bash them? It’s sophomoric and unproductive, because you understand exactly what they are complaining about but feel the need bash them for some reason.
    Don’t make the assumption that all thoughts are valid.
    I said you were attacking my character so you choose to bash it again by calling me sophomoric.
    Try reading the thread. I was commenting on someone else’s comments that I disagreed with and the op attacked what I said.
  • Options
    No point in explaining to you why I stopped spending since you are obviously on some sort of superiority kick at the moment. Just find solice in the fact that yes everyone agrees we want new content and politely shut the hell up when folks make quality of life posts. Seeing as how that is not an area of the game you care about. We can leave it there.
    This isn’t really a quality of life post. The thread is a rant. (Titled as such). There are positive ways of giving feedback. This ain’t it. This is negative.
    Looks like my comments are being deleted, strange considering I never bashed CG at all. Guess you player bashers get an empty victory on this one.

Empty victory? What makes me feel a victory is that you can’t adhere to the argument. You just say what you cane here to complain about. Ignoring things you can’t argue against
  • Options
    So I’ve been drinking and watching crampus so I didn’t realize we were on a new page already. So my comments have not been deleted, I can admit when I make ridiculous statements, some others should try that out.
    The OP was complaining about a quality of life issue and some of you took it as a slam against the devs. That is my point, sorry if you disagree but that’s a fact. Maybe phrasing was what set you off but none the less it’s a valid complaint.
  • Options

You’re kidding yourself as is the original poster , If this was supposed to be a productive post don’t frame it the way it has been. As a rant and as a complaint post. Don’t bring into it that you made the mistake and are suffering from it. That just makes us “player bashers” have ammunition. If you wanted to make a change start it off without all the whining and fake injustices you think you’re facing. This post was always going to get hammered for being a complaint. They always will.
  • Options
    It was going to get hammered by folks like you, who judge people by semantics and not intent. You **** well what he meant but couldn’t pass up the chance to bash some poor guy that caught up by a game mechanic that was a hot fix for a big weeks ago. That’s my point, why are are you white knighting over this? It just annoys me, the mod lock in GAC at join up is universally not liked but understood because it fixes a cheating issue.
    A criticism of that is valid, if you disagree then I don’t know what to tell you, except I disagree with you.
    And yes, I do not understand bashing that guy.
  • Options
    So I’ve been drinking and watching crampus so I didn’t realize we were on a new page already. So my comments have not been deleted, I can admit when I make ridiculous statements, some others should try that out.
    The OP was complaining about a quality of life issue and some of you took it as a slam against the devs. That is my point, sorry if you disagree but that’s a fact. Maybe phrasing was what set you off but none the less it’s a valid complaint.

That wasn’t your point.
    It never ceases to amaze me the **** that come on here apologizing for CG.
    The folks that come on here and defend them however are beyond me.

That was your point.
  • Options
    It was going to get hammered by folks like you, who judge people by semantics and not intent. You **** well what he meant but couldn’t pass up the chance to bash some poor guy that caught up by a game mechanic that was a hot fix for a big weeks ago. That’s my point, why are are you white knighting over this? It just annoys me, the mod lock in GAC at join up is universally not liked but understood because it fixes a cheating issue.
    A criticism of that is valid, if you disagree then I don’t know what to tell you, except I disagree with you.

Your points are all semantics. I didn’t bash him until he told me my idea was dumb
  • Options
    we are at an impasse, I’m over it. Have fun being angry at everyone complaining about known issues. I wish you the best in all your endeavors.
  • Options
    Also just reread my post and saw all my typos, hopefully you still understood my drunken fat fingering.
  • Options
    Of course I understand the guys point I had the same issue. I already said in this thread that I did it and now my jedi revan has no mods this week. What I don’t understand is getting upset at the game for it. This thread was for him to complain because he made a mistake as a result of what he considers something that needs to be changed. Had this post just read that he thinks it should be the same as territory war, then I wouldn’t have gone after him.

I had the same thing happen to me, but I reacted by taking responsibility for my problem. He went a different route. I didn’t make him join incorrectly and neither did the game. He did it , and yes they need to make that more user friendly. All the complains could have been spared. And so could his poutyness after someone told him he did something wrong for once.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    XKurareX wrote: »
    The customer is always right.

Wrong.

Shoot. How can you both be right and both be wrong at the same time?

I’m going through whatever door you don’t point to...
  • JMFT
    31 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

That wasn’t your point.

That was your point.

No that was commentary on your actions, my point was that the OP’s point was valid and your position was simply “you had control over your actions”. Everyone knows and understands that, but everyone universally agrees that the devs cheat suppression GAC mechanic is not perfect. So why are you slamming the poor guy that is ranting about an issue we all know does in fact suck? My personal attacks towards you were because you are engaging in such activities. Maybe I wasn’t exactly eloquent in my delivery but you knew my position, and you got pages of text out of me as I assume was your plan.
  • Options
    I think some here are just employees....

Fact is the system at the moment without a join/unjoin doesn't make any sense due the matter of fact you can increase strength of characters alone within those 24 hours let alone the whole modding concept. To come and tell its your own mistake yadda yadda is just a poor try to blame the person actually paying the game. In the end it's a game, a thing for having fun and a blast and not work. People seem to forget that we are the customers. You also buy a house and await the light switches on how you want and not how the designer of the house intended it to be - thats why you pay for it. If it isn't comfortable it gets changed.
  • Options
    👆yup
  • Options
    People, just ignore the pathological or professional contrarians. They're not arguing an actual, sensible, widespread player opinion, they're only here to bump horns with someone and/or derail threads until there's a reason to lock them. Look at who upvotes their every comment, then mute the whole gang of provocateurs in one fell swoop.

On topic: Roster lock is already coded into GAC. Add a line to delete any existing snapshots of the same player and allow us to call this function again. It's such a no-brainer.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Another person blaming CG for their incompetence.

I swear someones gonna blame CG for their wife divorcing them or something

So a flawed mechanic is the ultimate fault of the player? TW has a feature where you can join and leave up to the start of the event. Why not GC?

Also isn’t it a bug in CG’s game that makes this a problem? Before the bug you could join TW and GAC, and make changes to your mods/ gear, etc without worry up until actual start of either event.

So CG’s lack of in game mechanics and inability/unwillingness to fix a pretty serious bug is the fault of...the player’s? Hmmm

Kinda different. Since he didn't even want to join.

Its like someone trying to gear up a character and then they accidentally click the bottom button and go to a different character that they accidentally geared

I happened to equip all 6 g11 pieces on the wrong toon today, I was trying to hit the arrow to go right to the next character and accidentally must have hit the upgrade button like a 1/8 of an inch above and it spent all the gear I had acquired now I'm back to farming mk5 cuffs.

They should remove the upgrade button or put a are you sure confirmation.

Spending a whole top level gear when trying to change toons is a horrible user interphase and they call it QOL LOL
  • Options

So a flawed mechanic is the ultimate fault of the player? TW has a feature where you can join and leave up to the start of the event. Why not GC?

Also isn’t it a bug in CG’s game that makes this a problem? Before the bug you could join TW and GAC, and make changes to your mods/ gear, etc without worry up until actual start of either event.

So CG’s lack of in game mechanics and inability/unwillingness to fix a pretty serious bug is the fault of...the player’s? Hmmm

Kinda different. Since he didn't even want to join.

Its like someone trying to gear up a character and then they accidentally click the bottom button and go to a different character that they accidentally geared

They should remove the upgrade button or put a are you sure confirmation.

But they did
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    I just want to understand, you guys keep strawmanning the argument to "you messed up when you signed up for GA before you wanted to sign up. You are dumb for making this mistake." Instead I want you to give me a reasonable understanding as to why CG shouldn't make it a priority to add a back out and rejoin option. If it makes you feel better, I'll accept that I messed up and I'm mad at myself for pushing that button. But I'm also mad at CG because they haven't given me a way to back out, and CG also didn't find a superior method to fix their exploitation bug (which is the real reason that the roster lock happens when you join instead of the old way where it locked at the end of the join period)
    More to the point, it used to lock at the time it said it was going to lock and now locks when you click join. The old flow was considerably more user-friendly, (obviously, that's why it worked that way in the first place) and they should fix the underlying issue that prevents that flow from working and go back to how it was.
  • Options

That wasn’t your point.

That was your point.

No that was commentary on your actions, my point was that the OP’s point was valid and your position was simply “you had control over your actions”. Everyone knows and understands that, but everyone universally agrees that the devs cheat suppression GAC mechanic is not perfect. So why are you slamming the poor guy that is ranting about an issue we all know does in fact suck? My personal attacks towards you were because you are engaging in such activities. Maybe I wasn’t exactly eloquent in my delivery but you knew my position, and you got pages of text out of me as I assume was your plan.

Commentary on my actions is a still a point you’re trying to make.
    I never said or held statement that it couldn’t be improved. But try reading where this began. The op I supposedly bashed started in on what I was telling someone else

Fact is the system at the moment without a join/unjoin doesn't make any sense due the matter of fact you can increase strength of characters alone within those 24 hours let alone the whole modding concept. To come and tell its your own mistake yadda yadda is just a poor try to blame the person actually paying the game. In the end it's a game, a thing for having fun and a blast and not work. People seem to forget that we are the customers. You also buy a house and await the light switches on how you want and not how the designer of the house intended it to be - thats why you pay for it. If it isn't comfortable it gets changed.

If you delete something on your cell phone by accident do you blame the manufacturer for including the feature? Could it be better? Yes? Is it the end of the world? No.
    If you want different light switches in your house you have to pay for them. So in your analogy you’d be paying more to cg to get them to fix it. Have you done so? User and customer are different things.
    People, just ignore the pathological or professional contrarians. They're not arguing an actual, sensible, widespread player opinion, they're only here to bump horns with someone and/or derail threads until there's a reason to lock them. Look at who upvotes their every comment, then mute the whole gang of provocateurs in one fell swoop.

On topic: Roster lock is already coded into GAC. Add a line to delete any existing snapshots of the same player and allow us to call this function again. It's such a no-brainer.

What makes something widespread? You have no proof that it is or isn’t. If your entitled to your opinion. Then I’m am to mine. You have no argument but to say mine is wrong
  • Options

I don’t know what that nonsense is about light switches, but if that is in somehow meant to support your claim of the customer always being right , then you are doing awful job.

We aren’t employees of the game. But that or trolling is usually the response when someone isn’t on the side of irrational bellyaches and being pouty.
    Doesn’t agree with me ? Must have a hidden motive. Get real man , not everyone is going to agree with you and just because I don’t agree doesn’t mean I work for the company nor does it mean I hate the guy I’m arguing with
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »

Flawed mechanic or not, you know how the mechanic works just gotta pay more attention and accept your own responsibility.

AND not worry much about it, Its not a big deal as there are always more GAC events. Its not like this GAC determines if you live or die.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Here, I'll make it worthwhile to CG:
    @CG_SBCrumb you have lost revenue because of the lack of a way to leave/rejoin and/or update the roster snapshot. Why? Because there have been a few times already where I would have spent real money to boost some toons a little bit right before the GAC started. But I knew it wouldn't do any good so I didn't spend the money. So thank you for saving me money, but you missed out on revenue because of it.

So it really doesn't matter who's fault it is, and yes it is the player's fault for clicking join, but there's no reason they can't institute a leave/join or roster update function. It will benefit players and it will benefit CG financially. I guarantee I'm not the only one that didn't spend money since it wouldn't benefit them in GAC. If you've got a week to wait, may as well do it the free way and see if you get what you need/want before then.
  • Options
    YES! A ‘leave GAC’ button! I need it bcouse I HATE 3 vs 3! I want out!!!
  • Options
    trodat4030 wrote: »
    YES! A ‘leave GAC’ button! I need it bcouse I HATE 3 vs 3! I want out!!!

Right, like you're really going to give up the completely free rewards you get from GAC for doing nothing. Just collect your free stuff and go about your business.
  • Options
    I honestly can’t believe these knuckleheads are still here defending a bad mechanic. We all know why the mechanic exists in its current form, and it’s better than the way it was before were cheaters had free reign. The valid critique is that the devs haven’t fixed or really addressed the issue to us, the player base, or apprised us of any real fix for the foreseeable future.
    More importantly to the discussion at hand is the troll brigade that comes out with their pitch forks bashing folks who complain about said issue. I really don’t understand their position, what’s wrong with asking the devs why they can’t fix a problem in a game that a lot of people spend money playing? The light switch analogy is correct, if I paid a guy to make my light switch work as advertised and it didn’t I would not be satisfied with a promise that some day they would make it right.
    Bashing folks that complain about said problems we all know exist is stupid, they are pointing out issues that are apparent, which is why I called you trolls, those of us that follow in detail the current mechanics know how to navigate the nightmare of patches the devs make, but not everyone that plays the game is that detailed oriented. The CG Defender gang knows that but still like to feign outrage at the poor guys and bash them when they come on the forums to vent, and that infuriates me. Mostly because they are just trying to get responses from folks like me that will call them out.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    More importantly to the discussion at hand is the troll brigade that comes out with their pitch forks bashing folks who complain about said issue. I really don’t understand their position,...

Did you ever consider, that they might simply be expressing their opinion and not trolling? Disagreeing with you and trolling are two different things.

This discussion has been closed.