Malevolence STILL useless?! Really?!?

Prev1345
ScummerAntilles
77 posts Member
edited February 2020
You haven't fixed it so people who kept themselves behind saving GET2 because they prioritized Separatist content can use that Separatist content on YOUR SEPARATIST GAME MODE.

This is the second month. So at best, three months before we actually get to use Malevolence instead of Imperial capital ships?

You made the content, I didn't. Why did you make it so it just sits in my inventory doing nothing?

The general fact CG seems to release content it doesn't even care about.
Post edited by ShaolinPunk on

Replies

• Options
    It's awful. Period.
  • Options
    Maybe try reading the combat mission requirements first. In Phase 2 the Executrix and Chimera are required capital ships. They fixed the bug (according to the patch notes) for the subsequent phases.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    This is a pretty bad oversight. Even as a Negotiator owner, there are others in my guild with Mal who can’t use it, so in a way I’m still affected since this is a guild event. Makes zero sense.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • ScummerAntilles
    77 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Maybe try reading the combat mission requirements first. In Phase 2 the Executrix and Chimera are required capital ships. They fixed the bug (according to the patch notes) for the subsequent phases.

Are you kidding me... really.

This is your answer. They "fixed it" so that people into Separatist content can reenact that memorable battle of Star Destroyers at Geonosis?

They forgot or messed up again, in making the SEPARATIST content they released along with these CLONE WARS game modes useable in those game modes and you're gonna come here on my thread and smugpost to me in their defense??

Really? No. Make it so I can use my Separatist content that I invested in in the Separatist game mode.
  • Options
    Calling it a bug to begin with is so generous. A lazy oversight they didn't care to fix for a long time and then "oops!" half fixed is not a bug, its something working as intended when you factor in they intended not to care too much.
  • Baby_Yoda
    1435 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

This is your answer. They "fixed it" so that people into Separatist content can reenact that memorable battle of Star Destroyers at Geonosis?

They forgot or messed up again, in making the SEPARATIST content they released along with these CLONE WARS game modes useable in those game modes and you're gonna come here on my thread and smugpost to me in their defense??

Really? No. Make it so I can use my Separatist content that I invested in in the Separatist game mode.

I mean the ship was released months after the game mode.

And bro stop getting so pressed it’s not a big deal
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

You can swear at me all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the Chimera and Executrix are requirements in the current phase's missions. If you are unable to use the Malevolence in Phase 3, then it will be a problem and you can curse out CG for lying about fixing the bug

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223088/content-update-01-22-2020#latest
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

Are you **** me... really.

This is your **** answer. They "fixed it" so that people into Separatist content can reenact that memorable battle of Star Destroyers at Geonosis?

They forgot or **** up again, in making the SEPARATIST content they released along with these CLONE WARS game modes useable in those game modes and you're gonna come here on my thread and smugpost to me in their defense??

You can swear at me all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the Chimera and Executrix are requirements in the current phase's missions. If you are unable to use the Malevolence in Phase 3, then it will be a problem and you can curse out CG for lying about fixing the bug

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/223088/content-update-01-22-2020#latest

It is still a bad choice that a non-era ship is a requirement... Just delete the requirement or change it with the Malevolence.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    “Change the req” is a different...suggestion...than “ermuhgahd still is broke!!” Just sayin
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Akenno wrote: »

This is your **** answer. They "fixed it" so that people into Separatist content can reenact that memorable battle of Star Destroyers at Geonosis?

They forgot or **** up again, in making the SEPARATIST content they released along with these CLONE WARS game modes useable in those game modes and you're gonna come here on my thread and smugpost to me in their defense??

It is still a bad choice that a non-era ship is a requirement... Just delete the requirement or change it with the Malevolence.

You're complaining about non-era ships required? What about the fact that you need Darth Traya for platoons, cause I don't remember the sith Triumvirate fighting in the battle of Geonosis either, and all the other countless out of era heroes needed in platoons
  • Options

Someone else said it, but claiming they didn't fix a bug is different that suggesting a change to the combat mission requirements. I am all for removing either/both of the CM reqs, in fact I think it would be great if they loaned us all a Malevolence for the p2 battle with Vulture droid (and then did something similar in P1 of LS Geo).
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

You're complaining about non-era ships required? What about the fact that you need Darth Traya for platoons, cause I don't remember the sith Triumvirate fighting in the battle of Geonosis either, and all the other countless out of era heroes needed in platoons

Platoons were actually designed to be a way to use up the non era requirements so that's not a very good argument.

Someone else said it, but claiming they didn't fix a bug is different that suggesting a change to the combat mission requirements. I am all for removing either/both of the CM reqs, in fact I think it would be great if they loaned us all a Malevolence for the p2 battle with Vulture droid (and then did something similar in P1 of LS Geo).

I've always considered changing the description to be a copout bug fix.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Platoons were actually designed to be a way to use up the non era requirements so that's not a very good argument.

Source please.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

well then their design of platoons has been poorly implemented in every TB, because they all require many from the factions used in that specific TB.

They didn't change the description in this case, P2 has always required Chimera and Executrix.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    a
    TVF wrote: »

Source please.

logic. To deny the post, produce counter logic.

They claimed it was intended to use your entire roster. They gave bonuses to era specific teams and said they would never be required in platoons when they were required in battle.

Ergo Platoons are for everything BUT the era specific teams
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    a

Source please.

They claimed it was intended to use your entire roster. They gave bonuses to era specific teams and said they would never be required in platoons.

Ah ok no source then. Thank you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    a

Source please.

They claimed it was intended to use your entire roster. They gave bonuses to era specific teams and said they would never be required in platoons when they were required in battle.

Then why does DS Hoth require so many Empire units in Platoons? And LS Hoth so many Rebels? And DS Geo so many Sepratists? And LS Geo so many Galactic Republic?
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    a

Source please.

They claimed it was intended to use your entire roster. They gave bonuses to era specific teams and said they would never be required in platoons.

Ah ok no source then. Thank you.

So you have nothing to say then? Good.

I've always considered it lazy to ask for a source. Logic will keep you way further ahead in the long run.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I guess what I’ve learned itt is that geo battle chars should be used in missions and also that non geo battle toons shouldn’t be in platoons. Welp
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    a

Source please.

Then where’s the logic of Nute, GG, and his droids being in the platoons?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    a

Source please.

Then why does DS Hoth require so many Empire units in Platoons? And LS Hoth so many Rebels? And DS Geo so many Sepratists? And LS Geo so many Galactic Republic?

Why did they change DS and LS hoth to have fixed requirements? Why did they change them to not require things the same day as battles? Because of what I just said. Supposed to use your whole roster not just a tiny fraction of it.

Geo doesn't apply to when platoons were created and why, that's way after the fact and they said they abandoned their own rules for these ones to simply make it hard.

Geo TB is obviously NOT intended to use your whole roster.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

a

Source please.

Why did they change DS and LS hoth to have fixed requirements? Why did they change them to not require things the same day as battles? Because of what I just said. Supposed to use your whole roster not just a tiny fraction of it.

Geo doesn't apply to when platoons were created and why, that's way after the fact and they said they abandoned their own rules for these ones to simply make it hard.

You’re goin in circles there bud.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

a

Source please.

You’re goin in circles there bud.

Similar points are not the same point. Nuances make all the difference in the world.
  • Options
    a

Source please.

Still doesn't explain why Hoth DS requires a bunch of Empire in platoons on days with Empire as a requirement. Where is the logic on that one?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    That was for the lolz, but in all seriousness, you still technically use your whole roster in all TB’s just by placing toons there, but they do intend a theme.
  • Options
    a

Source please.

Still doesn't explain why Hoth DS requires a bunch of Empire in platoons on days with Empire as a requirement. Where is the logic on that one?

You're coming at this backwards. Are you saying they don't require non era characters?
  • Options
    a

Source please.

You're coming at this backwards. Are you saying they don't require non era characters?

How am I coming at it backwards? You said the purpose of platoons was to not require the TB era platoons in them, yet all of the TBs require the era characters. What exactly is your point? That platoons allow you to fill some of the slots with non-era characters??
  • Options

Hoth DS TB phase 2, check the mission and platoon requirements.
  • Options
    a

Source please.

How am I coming at it backwards? You said the purpose of platoons was to not require the TB era platoons in them, yet all of the TBs require the era characters. What exactly is your point? That platoons allow you to fill some of the slots with non-era characters??

That platoons were created as a way to require non era characters. Which was stated in response to someone saying it made no sense non era characters are required in Geo TB platoons.

I never said that platoons were supposed to be safe from era toons. Saying "Everything that is in a is also in b" is not the same as saying "everything that is in b is also in a". I said the former, you argued against the latter.