There She Is

Replies

• Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I love that people are defending this requirement. R5 rose is a complete joke. That is a huge investment for a part time character. You can hype Cg up all you want, but this is completely ridiculous. This game has lost so many people and this was a horrible idea for a way to bring people on board. What a joke.

R5 Rose is a joke, but R5 RP, FO ST, FOO, etc isn't? C'mon man, atleast Rose is a named character in the movie and not some generic insert. Rose is like infinitely easier to defend as a requirement than any of the unnamed character, as they literally have nothing to do with the movies and the GLs.

Those 3 FO characters have always had a place in the game. RP has a ship so his investment is 2-fold which makes it less of a burn.

Rose has never been on a raid team, Tb, tw, gac, or arena, and she has no ship. She’s literally a dust collector.

FYI: RP is a she
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    MolGary wrote: »
    I love that people are defending this requirement. R5 rose is a complete joke. That is a huge investment for a part time character. You can hype Cg up all you want, but this is completely ridiculous. This game has lost so many people and this was a horrible idea for a way to bring people on board. What a joke.

R5 Rose is a joke, but R5 RP, FO ST, FOO, etc isn't? C'mon man, atleast Rose is a named character in the movie and not some generic insert. Rose is like infinitely easier to defend as a requirement than any of the unnamed character, as they literally have nothing to do with the movies and the GLs.

Those 3 FO characters have always had a place in the game. RP has a ship so his investment is 2-fold which makes it less of a burn.

Rose has never been on a raid team, Tb, tw, gac, or arena, and she has no ship. She’s literally a dust collector.

FYI: RP uses gender nonspecific pronouns. Read their unique.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Her scream on death is pretty gender specific

That's not how gender works.
  • Options

Her scream on death is pretty gender specific

That's not how gender works.

Loooool “that’s not how death works” would have been good too
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • MomoTheNinja
    102 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Resistance Pilot is a girl and goes by She, despite her ability description. it's been discussed many times. Artist who designed her (capGamesArtist) said so on Reddit and forums.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/19516/is-rp-male-or-female/p5

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4a29u1/comment/d0xcsfy

Also, on this post where the mention the EA play to give event where people had to use teams of female characters, and Resistance Pilot was a choice.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/46294/community-update-6-10-2016

Edit: Adding Video of event showing her as selectable.

https://youtu.be/58MGd5HTrzo

• Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Paywall?

For all the people with JTR that skipped starring the vets.

lol seriously.

How many people have the vets geared up at all? I think only 12% of players took him past G8? 6% past G9?
    So yes. More of a pay wall to relic the vets. Glad you ignored the bigger point of them refusing to add the tag until just now.

relevance? also, how is gear a paywall? and what does a res tag have to do with anything? what is happening??

People pay money for gear. Vets never got the resistance tag for years until used to force people to spend to gear/relic for GL. Res tag makes vets relevant to the event.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options

Paywall?

lol seriously.

How many people have the vets geared up at all? I think only 12% of players took him past G8? 6% past G9?
    So yes. More of a pay wall to relic the vets. Glad you ignored the bigger point of them refusing to add the tag until just now.

relevance? also, how is gear a paywall? and what does a res tag have to do with anything? what is happening??

People pay money for gear.

That's not what a pay wall is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Polinski08
    88 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Polinski08 wrote: »
    I am 100% ready for both GL Rey and Kylo. It was a sad day today to take VH and Rose to g13 and r3 and r5. Still at this point I am 250k crystals maybe more into all phases of the prerequisites. If I didnt already have the starting points that I did, it would easily be 500k crystals. If you are not willing to spend, I dont see anyone less than krackens and whales getting in the first few months.

I hope this Rose and VH turns many away so the eliteness can last longer. Now if these 2 GL toon kits are not raid boss like studs, it will be highly disappointing.

Cool, you spent your money on ih52ftox5xy5.png

I chose to spend my money on something that brings me infinitely more joy than this game. Gets delivered in 3 weeks so I'll be enjoying it long before you get to play with your Reylo. But hey, enjoy your eliteness.
    kuazcktlp36x.png

I dont need such childish toys to over compensate for something.......overall not worried, I got better toys than you and a lot more as well 😘 still if you got extra cheddar, spend as anyone wishes
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Paywall?

lol seriously.

Pay wall encompasses purchases for gear as well as packs for star requirements. Gear purchases emphasized even more given the hard gear reqs rather than power reqs. So gear is now apart of the paywall
  • Options
    Pay wall encompasses purchases for gear as well as packs for star requirements. Gear purchases emphasized even more given the hard gear reqs rather than power reqs. So gear is now apart of the paywall

This could be a bold statement, but I'm fairly sure a paywall involves having to pay.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options

Paywall?

lol seriously.

Pay wall means you have to pay.
  • Options

Paywall?

lol seriously.

Exactly. There are currently 18 characters requiring relics for these events with another 8 to follow. Before GL’s only stars and power were the reqs. Now with hard relic farms, you have 26 characters requiring relics for these two GL. Highly doubtful you had relic FO or Resistance prior so in order to be ready for these events day one and stay on course with other farms/grinds and collect their tickets you’ll need to....pay.
  • Options
    Honestly, she should be required for Kylo. She did more to help FO than Phasma...

How exactly?
  • Options
    The boolean paywall-no paywall discussion gets you nowhere as you are both right. A standart paywall would mean one would never have access to that content/character unless they paid. This is obviously not the case with GLs (unless you make arbitrary definitions like day 1+keeping other farms). To stretch it a bit:
    https://whichbuttonisjump.com/you-shall-not-pass-the-4-types-of-paywall-in-mobile-games/
  • Options
    Polinski08 wrote: »

I dont need such childish toys to over compensate for something.......overall not worried, I got better toys than you and a lot more as well 😘 still if you got extra cheddar, spend as anyone wishes

So let me get this straight

I dont need such childish toys to over compensate for something

and then in the same sentence

I got better toys than you and a lot more as well 😘

And I'm the one compensating?

I'm not compensating for anything (at least not intentionally), I just like to go really fast and occasionally scare the bejeebers out of myself on the track. You want to spend a bunch on money on this game? Awesome, fill yer boots but don't feel like it gives you, as you stated, some eliteness. It does not.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    Honestly, she should be required for Kylo. She did more to help FO than Phasma...

So much this!

She did more to kill the Resistance than Phasma, Hux and every single FOST combined.

All she did was stop Finn from committing suicide.

FO getting through the cover and blowing up the transports was a direct result of her and Finn's reckless trip to Canto Bight. No Rose - no slicer - no blown up transports.

Wouldn't that be Poes fault though for not following orders and sending them on that mission in the first place?

Yeah, but Poe's a dude so the internet doesn't criticize him. See also the hate for Holdo because of Poe's insubordination and mutiny.

Holdo setup a situation where mutiny was inevitable. If it hadn't been Poe it would have been someone else. You can't put people in a situation where death is inevitable and then give no indication that you are working on any kind of solution. Even a "I have a plan but I can't share it at the moment" would have worked but not just silence.
    You clearly haven't served in the real military.
    In fact, I'm am surprised because I've hated almost everything the director has put his hands on. --- actually Knives out was good. But aside from that.. .blah.
    That's just my take.
    Have you seen Breaking Bad? He did some memorable episodes for that. It's been so long since I watched it that the only one I can think of right now is the one where Walt goes berserk trying to kill a fly that becomes a metaphor for his growth from the start oft he show to the end.
    Resistance Pilot is a girl and goes by She, despite her ability description. it's been discussed many times. Artist who designed her (capGamesArtist) said so on Reddit and forums.
    I don't have a dog in this fight largely because generic characters like Stormtrooper, Resistance Pilot, and Jedi Consular aren't intended to represent a specific, singular character but instead be a stand-in for any character that fills that role. Which is to say that not every pilot in the Resistance is a human female, but the Resistance Pilot character model is. So saying "they" or "their" in an ability description makes sense because the in-game character could be any of a multitude of actual pilots, and when you're talking about a group of people you say "they" and "them." (To be clear, singular they/them for non-binary folks is totally real, but that's a whole separate matter from what this quote is asking)

Anyway, that was a long preamble to say this reply to your post: There is a difference between biological sex (male/female) which is a matter of anatomy and gender identity (man/woman/non-binary) which is a matter of social norms and roles that are, ultimately, arbitrary and vary from society to society. While there's a high correlation between the two, that doesn't mean they're equivocal. Thus the Resistance Pilot could be biologically female and be used in that event while also having an entirely different identity.

It's largely moot, though, because since trans/non-binary folks deal with a lot of the same social problems that cis-women do (alongside a WHOLE HOST of other ones) they're often in the same boat when it comes to things like representation. So it's completely normal for a women's event to include trans and non-binary people who aren't biologically female because there's so much overlap in terms of barriers that those events are intended to help overcome.

Paywall?

lol seriously.

Exactly. There are currently 18 characters requiring relics for these events with another 8 to follow. Before GL’s only stars and power were the reqs. Now with hard relic farms, you have 26 characters requiring relics for these two GL. Highly doubtful you had relic FO or Resistance prior so in order to be ready for these events day one and stay on course with other farms/grinds and collect their tickets you’ll need to....pay.
    Well, yeah, to be ready day one is a paywall but the problem in your thinking is that you have to be ready day one. You're defining your terms so narrowly that you're setting up a tautology. Sure, day one is day one, but just accept you won't have it day one and now the paywall vanishes.

The paywall is in your brain. Not the game.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

So much this!

She did more to kill the Resistance than Phasma, Hux and every single FOST combined.

FO getting through the cover and blowing up the transports was a direct result of her and Finn's reckless trip to Canto Bight. No Rose - no slicer - no blown up transports.

Wouldn't that be Poes fault though for not following orders and sending them on that mission in the first place?

Yeah, but Poe's a dude so the internet doesn't criticize him. See also the hate for Holdo because of Poe's insubordination and mutiny.

Holdo setup a situation where mutiny was inevitable. If it hadn't been Poe it would have been someone else. You can't put people in a situation where death is inevitable and then give no indication that you are working on any kind of solution. Even a "I have a plan but I can't share it at the moment" would have worked but not just silence.
    In fact, I'm am surprised because I've hated almost everything the director has put his hands on. --- actually Knives out was good. But aside from that.. .blah.
    That's just my take.
    Have you seen Breaking Bad? He did some memorable episodes for that. It's been so long since I watched it that the only one I can think of right now is the one where Walt goes berserk trying to kill a fly that becomes a metaphor for his growth from the start oft he show to the end.
    I don't have a dog in this fight largely because generic characters like Stormtrooper, Resistance Pilot, and Jedi Consular aren't intended to represent a specific, singular character but instead be a stand-in for any character that fills that role. Which is to say that not every pilot in the Resistance is a human female, but the Resistance Pilot character model is. So saying "they" or "their" in an ability description makes sense because the in-game character could be any of a multitude of actual pilots, and when you're talking about a group of people you say "they" and "them." (To be clear, singular they/them for non-binary folks is totally real, but that's a whole separate matter from what this quote is asking)

Anyway, that was a long preamble to say this reply to your post: There is a difference between biological sex (male/female) which is a matter of anatomy and gender identity (man/woman/non-binary) which is a matter of social norms and roles that are, ultimately, arbitrary and vary from society to society. While there's a high correlation between the two, that doesn't mean they're equivocal. Thus the Resistance Pilot could be biologically female and be used in that event while also having an entirely different identity.

It's largely moot, though, because since trans/non-binary folks deal with a lot of the same social problems that cis-women do (alongside a WHOLE HOST of other ones) they're often in the same boat when it comes to things like representation. So it's completely normal for a women's event to include trans and non-binary people who aren't biologically female because there's so much overlap in terms of barriers that those events are intended to help overcome.

Paywall?

lol seriously.

Well, yeah, to be ready day one is a paywall but the problem in your thinking is that you have to be ready day one. You're defining your terms so narrowly that you're setting up a tautology. Sure, day one is day one, but just accept you won't have it day one and now the paywall vanishes.

Eh don’t care about being ready for day 1. Just don’t have the energy or motivation to take a year to get ready for Rey or Kylo Ren. The grind for this is way too much. No single toon should require such outrageous requirements. It’s going to accelerate burnout from many players. Only those willing to pay will finish these out.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options

So much this!

That's just my take.

Paywall?

lol seriously.

Only those willing to pay will finish these out.

Wrong. I will pay zero to get GL Rey a few weeks into April.

Therefore not a paywall.
  • Options

So much this!

That's just my take.

Paywall?

lol seriously.

Therefore not a paywall.

Yep and you’re such a massive sample size of the overall player base 😂🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    Now with hard relic farms, you have 26 characters requiring relics for these two GL. Highly doubtful you had relic FO or Resistance prior so in order to be ready for these events day one and stay on course with other farms/grinds and collect their tickets you’ll need to....pay.
    Well, yeah, to be ready day one is a paywall

Fairly sure none of this is true.

This is good though:
    Sure, day one is day one, but just accept you won't have it day one and now the paywall vanishes.

• Options
    Now with hard relic farms, you have 26 characters requiring relics for these two GL. Highly doubtful you had relic FO or Resistance prior so in order to be ready for these events day one and stay on course with other farms/grinds and collect their tickets you’ll need to....pay.

This is good though:
    Sure, day one is day one, but just accept you won't have it day one and now the paywall vanishes.

Do you think FTP will really spend the amount of time and resources for both toons? I don’t see it happening. CG created this event for the sole purpose to frustrate players into spending. Otherwise, it feels like an insurmountable task.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options

So much this!

That's just my take.

Paywall?

lol seriously.

Therefore not a paywall.

Yep and you’re such a massive sample size of the overall player base 😂🤦‍♂️

Then stop making absolute statements.
  • Options

This is good though:

Do you think FTP will really spend the amount of time and resources for both toons? I don’t see it happening. CG created this event for the sole purpose to frustrate players into spending. Otherwise, it feels like an insurmountable task.

The majority of F2P players will not get GLs, but then again the majority will probably never care enough to get Malak or GAS. The majority of F2P players dont care as much about ranking high in arena and beating all the content immediately. They are just casually playing a game for fun and doing what they can.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    I've got to be honest, I love Breaking Bad but that's the only episode I didn't enjoy... I get the metaphor, but it just felt like boring filler.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    The Fly is the episode where I gave up on BB. So painfully bad
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Tazzz wrote: »
    TVF is happy. I'm excited to read these forums.
    They did reward us by finally giving Vet Han and Chewy Resistance tags!

Wait what? They did?
  • Options
    Just wait for the r5 Mace requirement with no rework.

At this point they are just trolling with Mace