Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Teddygz wrote: »
    And I just spent a lot more on gls so 150 really isn't that much when you look at it like that. But its still another 150 on a mobile game
    ...or you could spend zero and work toward him over time in a long term farming and building game.

You mean....just play? Like for fun?

Fun???????

If you aren't playing for anger you're doing it wrong.

Just making sure. Figured it was just a crazy idea.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    wut

Sorry, but this fun idea sounds pretty bad
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Buffbeardo wrote: »
    CG has created this mess. Their motto is spend money and don’t ask questions. Current world events show that is no longer going to be taken quietly.

What mess?

Also silly to compare it to current protests about things that actually matter.

were lucky that we gotta stay on topic or id debate about things that actually matter and things that have no meaning to actually matter.

This makes me think that you don’t know what matters. Why even say anything?
  • Options
    Borat wrote: »
    snarzenal wrote: »
    Well, I can tell you my reaction is in direct opposition to the influencers. I am 100% behind CG on this issue. The influencers have been acting like bitter, spoiled, princesses ever since the gamechanger program was dropped and now they’ve totally snapped and they’re trying to power over the creators and owners of the game. They believe they’re now deciding the direction of the game and I couldn’t be more disgusted with them. It’s difficult to talk about this issue and not fling insults and foul language because, believe me, the influencers deserve every bit of it.

The worst part is how many other players who have been watching the influencers are brainless on the issue. They’re simply regurgitating the same old talking points of the influencers like sheep. Bahah bahah. As though everyone is the tip of the spear. The whole thing is ridiculous and completely created by a divisive, entitlement of the “media”.

CG needs to completely ignore them so they’ll quit playing and the REAL fans of the game can have some peace.

hate to break it to you but alot of us dont care one bit about the supposed influencers, gamechangers, or whatever you want to call them. banning ahnaldts stolen account is something that should have happened. i agree with you about their whining. but the anger from alot of us has nothing to do with ahnaldt and his loyal followers. the anger is directly to ea/cg because of actions they have taken. the gamechangers were a bad idea from the get go imo and youtubers are the worst type of people imo to associate with. prostituting for clicks is all they are doing.

me personally im upset because during a pandemic where there was supposed to be a movement to stay and play the only real content that has been thrown at us is a $1000+ cashgrab for most. lstb is an absolute mess even if you got a full r7 team and the list can go on and on. lets not deflect the issue to the worthless gamechangers.

we did get a lot of assault battles too though. We got something.

It's funny when people don't know they are being sarcastic.

• DubbQ
    92 posts Member
    Options
    The solution to the problem is so simple. No one would complain about character releases/lack of content or anything else for that matter if there is proper communication.

Just tell us in a weekly post what the plans are, when you expect them, if there are delays and if so why. Sure some people would be mad but most will not.

It's just so much easier for people to handle a delay if they are told about it and given a reason instead of out of the blue telling stuff is cancelled or not telling anything at all and just ignoring.

• Options
    Telling Crumb to F off repeatedly during the puzzle is disgraceful. If you don’t like the game then quit or stop spending. How do you think Crumb must have felt over the weekend?

While I don't condone this, he did sign up for it when becoming a game's Community Manager.

Community Manager, that`s hilarious!!
  • Options
    It's strange that people who pride themselves on being reasonable are so quick to commit the logical fallacy of relative privation, aka appeal to worse problems. All the while wasting their time on a mobile gaming forum discussing the very thing that supposedly doesn't matter instead of taking to the streets to fight for the big picture stuff.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I think the problem is the mentality of getting these characters is ya im gonna have to spend. Im looking at luke and between rolo and han im prob looking at 150. I almost justify it like it's only 150 to get there and thats kind of crazy mentality to have for a mobile game. Has to he a time where you say no im done spending on the same stuff with nothing new

Are you new?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    And I just spent a lot more on gls so 150 really isn't that much when you look at it like that. But its still another 150 on a mobile game
    ...or you could spend zero and work toward him over time in a long term farming and building game.

You mean....just play? Like for fun?

Yes, play for fun for all of 10 minutes on most days.
    Chained since '16
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, play for fun for all of 10 minutes on most days.
    I severely question your math.

Most days have some combination of territory battle, territory war, and GAC. If you're putting effort into these, that is more than ten minutes. Actually managing your roster is a considerable time sink if you're

But if you want more game time per day than a single mobile game gives you, you can play more than one game.
    Still not a he.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone defending someone that is cussing at others is the problem our country has. The self entitlement to cuss someone out and think that it is not only okay but justified is down disgusting. This is a video game, dont play it if you hate it that much. If you continue to play it you have nobody to blame but yourself. Grow up and make grown up decisions.
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »
    Anyone defending someone that is cussing at others is the problem our country has. The self entitlement to cuss someone out and think that it is not only okay but justified is down disgusting. This is a video game, dont play it if you hate it that much. If you continue to play it you have nobody to blame but yourself. Grow up and make grown up decisions.
    It’s called free speech I know that most people in the country hate it because nowadays anything someone doesn’t agree with is labeled hate speech but if you cannot handle getting cussed out might want to go have mama cuddle you and tell you everything is okay and you are the most important person in the world and only your opinion counts.

• CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Options
    They need to be able to take this on the chin and interact a lot more, not get offended and retract. More (positive) communication will slowly stop this acting out, and people will start respecting them more.
  • Options
    When was the 4hr event and where can i see it?
  • Options
    well i think intentionally or unintentionally carrie was taking a lot of beatings for the team
    with her standing up even doing unpopular posts and not afraid of speaking out what kind of money spending was expected to catch up
    with noone in sight for months it was kinda expected that crumbs gets a beating in discord even though it may not be his fault at all
    i am not thinking it was a good or justified reaction
    the words people used there should not be used

but i also get that people are getting more angry over time if they continuously getting ignored for several months
    cg is kinda never late on their money bringing stuff
    i dont care about ahnaldt
    but i also think that it was the wrong order to release luke before releasing the road ahead
    which just proves again that the moneymaking at the end of the quarter is more important than anything else for cg
    and that makes a lot of people sad which leads them to the dark side
  • Options
    The saying goes that the squeaky door is the one that’s gets oiled, but as someone else has already suggested, I think the community has to be a bit more savvy than to just abuse one employee who likely isn’t in a position to change or influence anything.

The only thing CG will pay attention to It seems is their bottom line. If that stays the same, they have no incentive to change Or improve anything, or offer any explanation for the ‘negotiating with cheaters’ issue. If their bottom line drops, then they really do have a problem to address.

• Options
    For as much as people say this community is great, its also really toxic on the forums or chats. Glad most of thje people who play the game are positive and constructive. My discord channels i'm part of seem much more civil and calm. Sad to see that a vocal minority are what gets the most attention because they have access to youtube video content and have a load speaker phone to broadcast their gripes and attract more negativity from the vocal minority. I'm suprised some of the people on these forums even play anymore...they seem to be so miserable and not having fun playing. Best if they just left and let us enjoy this great game.
  • Options
    Telling Crumb to F off repeatedly during the puzzle is disgraceful. If you don’t like the game then quit or stop spending. How do you think Crumb must have felt over the weekend?

Crumby?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    They need to be able to take this on the chin and interact a lot more, not get offended and retract. More (positive) communication will slowly stop this acting out, and people will start respecting them more.
    Considering how much of CG's open and honest communication got turned into some of the most toxic taglines in the community, that's a pretty baseless assertion.

Carrie gave us a LOT of very frank, open, and honest communication and was routinely harassed because of it, with increasing intensity until she left the company.
    Still not a he.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    Considering how much of CG's open and honest communication got turned into some of the most toxic taglines in the community, that's a pretty baseless assertion.

Carrie gave us a LOT of very frank, open, and honest communication and was routinely harassed because of it, with increasing intensity until she left the company.

Agreed. While I didn't always agree with the decisions I presume she made (as the EP at the time) regarding the direction of the game, she was at least willing to communicate - instead of sending a community manager scape goat in to take the heat for her decisions/direction.

Honestly, Crumb should just change his handle to "CG_Marksmeatshield". ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    You mean the community who got no content in months, no word on the cheater thing, no road ahead, but they got a new shiny whalebait instead? Yeah, wonder why they are angry. The community isn't the disgraceful one...

Facts. Their practices are disgusting. Good for chat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Community management:
    https://youtu.be/gCM30xHTegc
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Shoosh .... Kyno.... coming in a little too hot brah.

You’re not our pillow.

Don't think he meant himself to be the pillow here...
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    50BC wrote: »
    Main problem is so many people take swgoh waaaaay to seriously. It's just a game people. People carry on like its some kind of crime against humanity when they add things that are challenging and not available to complete quickly. But surely that's the point of the game.

1. This game is about Star Wars. Without it, I bet no one would play it at all. So, Star Wars fans is the main player base as a result CG now are just selling characters.
    2. CG acts like if they never saw SW films, they just engaged in total power crip.
    3. Characters costs a lot and many spends hundreds and even thousand dollars; any company doing everything possibly to please clients who spend that amount of money, but not Cg, they are above it;
    4. The main game mechanic is just improved ****-machine, so it adds frustration;
    5. And the last is communication. They treating players as **** - just ignore. They are ok.

So no, it is not “just a game” it is the attitude of some firm(s) to playerbase.