The reaction of the community

Replies

• Options
    Well, I can tell you my reaction is in direct opposition to the influencers. I am 100% behind CG on this issue. The influencers have been acting like bitter, spoiled, princesses ever since the gamechanger program was dropped and now they’ve totally snapped and they’re trying to power over the creators and owners of the game. They believe they’re now deciding the direction of the game and I couldn’t be more disgusted with them. It’s difficult to talk about this issue and not fling insults and foul language because, believe me, the influencers deserve every bit of it.

The worst part is how many other players who have been watching the influencers are brainless on the issue. They’re simply regurgitating the same old talking points of the influencers like sheep. Bahah bahah. As though everyone is the tip of the spear. The whole thing is ridiculous and completely created by a divisive, entitlement of the “media”.

CG needs to completely ignore them so they’ll quit playing and the REAL fans of the game can have some peace.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    Borat wrote: »
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol so much salt over a post count and a refusal to get mad at the drop of a hat.

Here comes more, prove me wrong.

Don't believe anyone other than you implied it was a life or death thing, but given the post count it is clearly more the just a game to you.

There, now you can say told you so.

Some people play SWGOH when they get bored. But since there's no content, I play the forums.

Hmm, maybe you should put in a feature request to get a leaderboard added to the forum. Don't worry, kyno is a moderator so he doesn't count.

I like TVF's comment better. Try again. I want to be the judge for best zinger :)

Why should I care what you think?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    Linkinxr wrote: »
    50BC wrote: »
    Main problem is so many people take swgoh waaaaay to seriously. It's just a game people. People carry on like its some kind of crime against humanity when they add things that are challenging and not available to complete quickly. But surely that's the point of the game.

Dude, invest in your roster and then realize it's worthless cause a cheater can beat you at any time and then get away with it by talking to the top person at Capital Games. It is that serious. If you aren't spending money on this game regularly then you really shouldn't be popping off about people taking it to seriously. people have spent more on this game then a car or in some areas of the country a piece of land.

4 years plus playing this game, only 1 suspected cheater and that was about 3 years ago. Not sure this is such a big issue, just saying. but jump on Ahnalds band wagon if you must. Love the outrage over a snapshot of a message without any pre or post commentary from people actually involved. don't make judgements on less than all the facts. People forget that there are consumer laws that sometimes make it hard to take action we would all love to see, especially in other countries.

if you've only encountered one possible cheater then you aren't looking hard enough. I don't jump on ahnalds band wagon. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. If someone had a picture of my wife cheating I would definitely want to hear what happened before and after to make my final judgement lololololol

really, your wife cheating is a great analogy. Just quit with the other people then. You have absolutely no idea what has been done and not done only what you are shown by someone with a bone to pick with CG.

I've spent a lot of money on this game and I expect them to make a good product period. I expect communication. I expect them to stand by their product. I don't need to have any idea what's been done. I know for a fact nothing has been done in game. There have been three paywalls within the past three months. No new content. a TB a long time ago that is so grossly overmatched that Relic 7 toons can't even clear 2 waves. Adding harder levels to daily tasks that are done in 15 minutes. I know exactly what has been done. Nothing. Except try to squeeze us, the community, for every cent they can. If you believe there is nothing to hide and we don't have the full facts why has it been over a week with no communication. where are the facts? you're naive if you think that picture didn't happen or they didn't negotiate with the Kraken Cheaters. But judging by how much you're defending them you sure you don't work at CG?
  • Options
    Main problem is so many people take swgoh waaaaay to seriously. It's just a game people. People carry on like its some kind of crime against humanity when they add things that are challenging and not available to complete quickly. But surely that's the point of the game.

Dude, invest in your roster and then realize it's worthless cause a cheater can beat you at any time and then get away with it by talking to the top person at Capital Games. It is that serious. If you aren't spending money on this game regularly then you really shouldn't be popping off about people taking it to seriously. people have spent more on this game then a car or in some areas of the country a piece of land.

4 years plus playing this game, only 1 suspected cheater and that was about 3 years ago. Not sure this is such a big issue, just saying. but jump on Ahnalds band wagon if you must. Love the outrage over a snapshot of a message without any pre or post commentary from people actually involved. don't make judgements on less than all the facts. People forget that there are consumer laws that sometimes make it hard to take action we would all love to see, especially in other countries.

if you've only encountered one possible cheater then you aren't looking hard enough. I don't jump on ahnalds band wagon. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. If someone had a picture of my wife cheating I would definitely want to hear what happened before and after to make my final judgement lololololol

really, your wife cheating is a great analogy. Just quit with the other people then. You have absolutely no idea what has been done and not done only what you are shown by someone with a bone to pick with CG.

I've spent a lot of money on this game and I expect them to make a good product period. I expect communication. I expect them to stand by their product. I don't need to have any idea what's been done. I know for a fact nothing has been done in game. There have been three paywalls within the past three months. No new content. a TB a long time ago that is so grossly overmatched that Relic 7 toons can't even clear 2 waves. Adding harder levels to daily tasks that are done in 15 minutes. I know exactly what has been done. Nothing. Except try to squeeze us, the community, for every cent they can. If you believe there is nothing to hide and we don't have the full facts why has it been over a week with no communication. where are the facts? you're naive if you think that picture didn't happen or they didn't negotiate with the Kraken Cheaters. But judging by how much you're defending them you sure you don't work at CG?

Nope. Don't work for them and i would not be allowed to do this if I did, Corporations do not allow this type of communication without permission so try again. Just don't care. If I did, i wouldn't complain on a forum where they don't read it and either go directly to them or just find a service somewhere else. we have a choice to play or not and if you are that upset then quit. sorry, but take your losses, remember the good times and find another game.

Thanks for the Chat.
  • Options
    snarzenal wrote: »
    Well, I can tell you my reaction is in direct opposition to the influencers. I am 100% behind CG on this issue. The influencers have been acting like bitter, spoiled, princesses ever since the gamechanger program was dropped and now they’ve totally snapped and they’re trying to power over the creators and owners of the game. They believe they’re now deciding the direction of the game and I couldn’t be more disgusted with them. It’s difficult to talk about this issue and not fling insults and foul language because, believe me, the influencers deserve every bit of it.

The worst part is how many other players who have been watching the influencers are brainless on the issue. They’re simply regurgitating the same old talking points of the influencers like sheep. Bahah bahah. As though everyone is the tip of the spear. The whole thing is ridiculous and completely created by a divisive, entitlement of the “media”.

CG needs to completely ignore them so they’ll quit playing and the REAL fans of the game can have some peace.

hate to break it to you but alot of us dont care one bit about the supposed influencers, gamechangers, or whatever you want to call them. banning ahnaldts stolen account is something that should have happened. i agree with you about their whining. but the anger from alot of us has nothing to do with ahnaldt and his loyal followers. the anger is directly to ea/cg because of actions they have taken. the gamechangers were a bad idea from the get go imo and youtubers are the worst type of people imo to associate with. prostituting for clicks is all they are doing.

me personally im upset because during a pandemic where there was supposed to be a movement to stay and play the only real content that has been thrown at us is a $1000+ cashgrab for most. lstb is an absolute mess even if you got a full r7 team and the list can go on and on. lets not deflect the issue to the worthless gamechangers.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Zonder wrote: »
    I was listening to the Shattered Order podcast and they talked about the behavior of the fans during the JKL. Fans were spamming Ahnaldts name over and over for the entire 4 hr event. Fans also told Crumb to F off repeatedly. Moderators has to work overtime removing all the foul language off the chat. I know everyone’s **** but why would CG ever want to engage with the community with that type of behavior

CG brought this upon themselves. Too long has the community edured their crap

While I agree, that fact doesn't entitle people to act like petulant children. CG might control the game, but players (and people in general) control how they behave and react - or at least the mature ones do.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Lol so much salt over a post count and a refusal to get mad at the drop of a hat.

Don't believe anyone other than you implied it was a life or death thing, but given the post count it is clearly more the just a game to you.

Some people play SWGOH when they get bored. But since there's no content, I play the forums.

Hmm, maybe you should put in a feature request to get a leaderboard added to the forum. Don't worry, kyno is a moderator so he doesn't count.

I like TVF's comment better. Try again. I want to be the judge for best zinger :)

You'll never top the leaderboard like that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

You'll never top the leaderboard like that.

I know, I forum swgoh as well as I play it.

I'm ok with that.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Options
    I was listening to the Shattered Order podcast and they talked about the behavior of the fans during the JKL. Fans were spamming Ahnaldts name over and over for the entire 4 hr event. Fans also told Crumb to F off repeatedly. Moderators has to work overtime removing all the foul language off the chat. I know everyone’s **** but why would CG ever want to engage with the community with that type of behavior

CG has earned this type of behavior, as they absolutely REFUSE to communicate. Been this way for over a year.

So. When you get them all together and interacting with the community, the community is going to show up and have their feelings heard.

Call it poor behavior... but CG has a community manager that does NOTHING to manage a community. That’s gonna make people mad... especially those who have dropped cash in game.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Crayvis01 wrote: »

CG has earned this type of behavior, as they absolutely REFUSE to communicate. Been this way for over a year.

So. When you get them all together and interacting with the community, the community is going to show up and have their feelings heard.

Call it poor behavior... but CG has a community manager that does NOTHING to manage a community. That’s gonna make people mad... especially those who have dropped cash in game.

There's a word for what you're describing. It's called "entitlement". And people's attempts to justify bad behavior doesn't make it good or even acceptable behavior.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • UtherTG
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    So if I understand correctly, CG decided not to communicate with whole community because they're upset about dozens of degenerates?
  • Options

You're assuming the community just suddenly flipped a switch. This is the release of a lot of built up frustration of having been ignored. There were lots of indicators that people were losing patience over the last year
  • Options

TVF your retort? (I am bored and need some excitement.)

Go play the game then.
  • Options
    CG has created this mess. Their motto is spend money and don’t ask questions. Current world events show that is no longer going to be taken quietly.
  • Options

Is it just a game or a business ? Now I am confused.

So for player/client it is just a game so give money. And for CG/shop it is a business so just take money and dont care about a so called quality of a game.

Nice one, sorry but this is too easy.

Money is involved (not me, but I care) so CG has to do think seriously.
  • Options
    When people are spending thousands of dollars to be treated like this, you bet your back side CG deserves every bit of this. EVERY bit of it. I'm surprised nobody has actually tried finding them IRL to discuss their feelings. Cause of I had spent money like that, I would be trying to find them face to face to discuss it a bit more.
  • Options
    When people are spending thousands of dollars to be treated like this, you bet your back side CG deserves every bit of this. EVERY bit of it. I'm surprised nobody has actually tried finding them IRL to discuss their feelings. Cause of I had spent money like that, I would be trying to find them face to face to discuss it a bit more.

Why would they stick around if the game makes them angry? Isn't the point of this to have fun? Just because someone disagrees with the direction of the game, or enforcement of TOS, doesn't given them right to treat someone else like crap. Plus it seems counterproductive to the having fun part....
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Crayvis01 wrote: »

There's a word for what you're describing. It's called "entitlement". And people's attempts to justify bad behavior doesn't make it good or even acceptable behavior.

^This^
  • Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I don’t condone the cursing at Crumb, but I do agree with the sentiment from @Its_not_a_moon.

I was on the discord server on my laptop and listened to Cubs and Ahnald’s live-streams during. It was fun to watch the time unfold the clues and reveal, but I simply downvoted my displeasures on crumb’s last post. I am not the happiest camper with CG, but I won’t resort to name calling. But, if CG could sack up and take a better then what we have had approach to the community it could get better for everyone. Take SWGoH as seriously as you want. CG should be running this game to their highest of excellence but obviously they aren’t.

Is it too hard to ask CG to fulfill Arete? (Ancient Greek for Excellence in all things.) clearly if they had an ounce of “doing their best” they wouldn’t negotiate with cheaters and they would communicate ON TIME and regularly with the community.

0shxfs4v4ixb.jpeg

• Options
    There’s no excuse for telling The guy to F off. He’s doing his job.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Buffbeardo wrote: »
    CG has created this mess. Their motto is spend money and don’t ask questions. Current world events show that is no longer going to be taken quietly.

What mess?

Also silly to compare it to current protests about things that actually matter.
  • Options
    People be mad
  • Teddygz
    106 posts Member
    Options
    I think the problem is the mentality of getting these characters is ya im gonna have to spend. Im looking at luke and between rolo and han im prob looking at 150. I almost justify it like it's only 150 to get there and thats kind of crazy mentality to have for a mobile game. Has to he a time where you say no im done spending on the same stuff with nothing new
  • Teddygz
    106 posts Member
    Options
    And I just spent a lot more on gls so 150 really isn't that much when you look at it like that. But its still another 150 on a mobile game
  • Options
    Buffbeardo wrote: »

What mess?

Also silly to compare it to current protests about things that actually matter.

were lucky that we gotta stay on topic or id debate about things that actually matter and things that have no meaning to actually matter.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Teddygz wrote: »
    And I just spent a lot more on gls so 150 really isn't that much when you look at it like that. But its still another 150 on a mobile game
    ...or you could spend zero and work toward him over time in a long term farming and building game.
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    ...or you could spend zero and work toward him over time in a long term farming and building game.

You mean....just play? Like for fun?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

You mean....just play? Like for fun?

Fun???????

If you aren't playing for anger you're doing it wrong.