How old are you and what do you do for a living?

Prev134
InternetSwag
2658 posts Member
edited March 2016
Mostly out of curiosity.
I'm 24 and I do androgynous modeling for a company called Fanjam.
Which is probably why people hating on RP triggers me so much rofl :|
| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |

How old are you and what do you do for a living? 76 votes

0-13
0% 0 votes
14-18
9% 7 votes
19-23
19% 15 votes
24-28
17% 13 votes
29-33
10% 8 votes
34-38
21% 16 votes
39-43
17% 13 votes
44+
5% 4 votes

Replies

• Options
    Struggling to edit the OP on my phone. Gonna tag some people in here to get the thread going, if you're offended just ignore it.

Ps if your a student just say it and what you study and what you like etc.

@Rolf @Ztyle @scuba @Ouchie @taychristineexo @Darthtater @cosmicturtle333 @Sticare_Courts_0073 @YoYoYoda369 @Mittens @Telaan
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm offended you made the cutoff between the sixth and seventh age categories right at my age so that I have to go in the older category.

I am a stay at home single mom to two autistic kids! How's that for a job? The pay is horrid.
  • Options
    Ouchie wrote: »
    I'm offended you made the cutoff between the sixth and seventh age categories right at my age so that I have to go in the older category.

I am a stay at home single mom to two autistic kids! How's that for a job? The pay is horrid.

Lmao! Do you run a nightsister ream?
  • Options
    Team? Duh
  • Options

But the rewards are endless? :smiley:
    My best friend is actually Autistic, but he's got the best, usually dry or dark, sense of humor I've ever encountered.
    My sincerest apologies for the categorization, I give you a free pass to join any category you feel you belong in :)

• Options

Lmao! Do you run a nightsister ream?

I know she runs Daka but that's where my knowledge ends.
  • Options
    22 retail, living the dream :|
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    To put some perspective on my job though, it's not so much a job really in the traditional sense. People tend to think models are rich but not really unless you're featured. Not a lot of people get picked in my country though for that. There a lot off beautiful people here like I've never seen before I.just wanna tell.them omg where did.you come from?

But anyways, we do a lot of test shoots which is basically everyone works for free except sometimes the make up artist and photographer. The model.basically builds a portfolio and the agency markets you.

Sometimes the agency will charge us like $200 just for a shoot if it's with a famous shoot group.

There's a lot of money in the err... darker side of the industry, but we'll, I rather not say more.

The upside us that I get a lot of free time, so I spend most of my time on Facebook groups looking for shoots or on gaming etc. Don't have many friends after school we went separate ways.
  • Deimos
    326 posts Member
    Options
    @InternetSwag where are you from and what's your position on the RP?
  • Options
    22 retail, living the dream :|

I worked in retail for 13 months when I was 18. It was nice but I met managers from the devils kitchen.

The people I met were amazing though, all animal lovers cause it was a vet store.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    39 years, until 3rd of May, then I turn 20 :tongue:
    I'm a team-leader in an automated DC in a company called Nissens, they deliver cooling solutions for car, windmills, trains ect.
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Deimos wrote: »

Missionary. (I fully accept my moderation for this I couldn't resist)
  • Options
    Sign me up swag. 43 doctor
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Deimos wrote: »

No lol srsly though, I was born in Ethiopia but we moved to South Africa.
    I like the concept behind RP Tbh. Androgynous people aren't always Asian Guys who are cuter than any girl I ever seen :blush::love: I also love the troll factor behind it. If I were a artist I would throw curveballs like this all the time.

That being said though the creator said she's a she, so I think all people can reliably debate atm is whether or not the intention of design and actual design is big enough for it to be labeled something else. I mean Sydney (RP) is not a person and can't say "I am cisgender, or I am male etc"
  • Options
    34. Retired army. (well 3 years left) then....
    35. Security
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    I'm a team-leader in an automated DC in a company called Nissens, they deliver cooling solutions for car, windmills, trains ect.
    Heheheh
    You're always as young as you wanna be! Heheh plus Denmark is great they will keep you young :D
    You know a job is complicated when I can't even properly understand it heh. Never heard of a DC before.
  • Options
    Sign me up swag. 43 doctor

Living the dream :open_mouth:
  • Options
    I think more girls should do androgynous modeling.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Just turned 20 (****cough**** 40). Used to commission CT scanners all around the US, switched over to tech support for Molecular Imaging equipment.

My job in a picture

1qRwbNk.jpg

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Heheheh
    You're always as young as you wanna be! Heheh plus Denmark is great they will keep you young :D
    You know a job is complicated when I can't even properly understand it heh. Never heard of a DC before.

Distribution Center Like Ikea's DC warehouse, but we only have 6 automated cranes
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    37 and analytics/project management. I find problems, then find ways to fix those problems and make others actually do the work. Fun times.
  • Options
    34. Retired army. (well 3 years left) then....
    35. Security

Wow, my dad was in the army for 18 years. He was in border wars in Namibia. Yes also retired now.
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Just turned 20 (****cough**** 40). Used to commission CT scanners all around the US, switched over to tech support for Molecular Imaging equipment.

My job in a picture

1qRwbNk.jpg

Heheh, isn't tech support terrible though? I can't imagine trying to explain things to people like that and being patience. More of a do it for them kinda person.

Woah wait, CT scanners though! That's gotta be some work. Interesting
  • Options
    45 I drive choo choos
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • Options
    Heheheh

Distribution Center Like Ikea's DC warehouse, but we only have 6 automated cranes

Wow so automated distribution. Sorry for not knowing the jargon. Sounds very technical. Seems like a the star wars fans are tech savvy.
  • Options
    I'm 24 and I'm a lawyer (company law, civil law).
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

My job in a picture

1qRwbNk.jpg

Heheh, isn't tech support terrible though? I can't imagine trying to explain things to people like that and being patience. More of a do it for them kinda person.

It is actually not bad. Most are willing to do what ever you tell them to to get the system back up. When they start talking the clinical side my head starts spinning.
    It is not like tech support you get for most things. These customers pay big money for Service contracts so they go right to some one that can fix it over the phone or we send someone to the site.
  • Options
    45 I drive choo choos

Choooo !
    Train or truck?
    I heard that in the 80s and 90s truck drivers were like celebrities because all the action movies had a truck driver lead actor manly man
  • Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »
    I'm 24 and I'm a lawyer (company law, civil law).

That's awesome. If there's one thing I wish I knew more it was about law. Knowing how to handle legal situations positions in real life situations seems invaluable.
  • Options

My job in a picture

1qRwbNk.jpg

It is actually not bad. Most are willing to do what ever you tell them to to get the system back up. When they start talking the clinical side my head starts spinning.
    It is not like tech support you get for most things. These customers pay big money for Service contracts so they go right to some one that can fix it over the phone or we send someone to the site.

Ahhhh I get it. That is vastly different :)
    I wanna say #teamviewer but I don't wanna make a fool of myself :neutral:
This discussion has been closed.