Just a simple math for the whales that think a 2 year old account should have Hyoda and wampa

Replies

• Options
    Actually it’s more - 1 year of his time at least was when Hoth TB ran. So his GET1 sums are way off.
  • Options
    And again... I’m not sure what @Its_not_a_moon meant by “3p to 31 stars” (I’m going to assume 30-31 stars in DSGeoTB), but there’s something fishy if that guild is also only getting 13 stars in LSGeoTB.

We’re at 262M, have been earning 30 stars in DSGeoTB for 4 months, and we’ve earned 14,15,16 stars in the last 3 LSGeoTB and are going to earn 17 stars in this one.

I really doubt a guild capable of earning 30 stars (Never mind 31) in DS are only earning 13 in LS.
  • Options
    Edison wrote: »
    I've been playing for a long while, but I also don't spend any money and am in a guild that doesn't even track daily tickets or have a discord.

I've sat out a lot of events beause I don't give this game the attention I used to. I use GET to purchase the typical sort of gear that is in the shop that most people need, carbanitis, guns, etc.

I've got a 7* Hoda, Wampa, and Malak. I don't have GAS but I am also sitting on 109K GET1 currency.

While I disagree with most everything surrounding CG, these events, GLs, etc - I don't see the Wampa/Hoda thing as the biggest issue in the event.

I need more gear pieces/G13s than I can get with my reserves here in order to participate in the event (participate being the operative word, because we don't know how much higher than the minimum is needed to actually beat it.)

That being said... I wouldn't need to whale out to get them there, in the grand scheme of spending in this game it would cost me significantly less than even a single marquee.

And for how long have you been playing?
  • Options
    0dysseusK wrote: »
    Wampa shards can also be won in one of the Galactic Bounty events. That wouldn't help a lot, but some.

Yeah true but that is what 20 shards every 45 days? If you have strong bounty hunters and many people dont

If you own a 7* Chewie, then you can consistently beat the Wampa stage of Galactic Bounties. Just properly time stuns and any TM removal on him and you're golden.
  • Options

I really doubt a guild capable of earning 30 stars (Never mind 31) in DS are only earning 13 in LS.

My guild is pretty much here as well. There are guilds that have a heavier DS roster out there just so you know. Not that uncommon at all
  • Options
    But CG needs to throw something at the newer players too

I've said it before and I'll say it again: this should be Tuskens.

Consider it a side-quest. It's optional, in the sense that the Tuskens won't clobber GAC or TW or Arena. There are no special missions for them in any TB.

But with the right crafting, you could create a group that continues to get better and better the longer a fight goes on. If you tune them so that you can get the new characters with g11 Tuskens and can reliably get 4/4 in DS GeoTB with g12 on p1 & p2, and 4/4 on p3 with one or two key relic toons, and 4/4 on p4 with a 5x relic squad, then because those toons aren't required in Platoons, you're giving newer players a chance to meaningfully participate in DS Geo, even if only 1 of their squads is really ready.

The 3 new toons should be the Hett family: Sharad Hett, K'Sheek, and their son A'Sharad Hett (aka Darth Krayt).

Make one of the parents farmable, and the other a Legendary (so you can get them without extra farming) tuned to be beatable at g10, or possibly even g9 with very good mods. You can supplement the requirements with bounty hunters or Jawas for certain sections of the Legendary event. Then there's a Hero's Journey event to get A'Sharad Hett, which you can beat at g11.

Since the toons build power over time, they should be crushed by any meta squad because they'll get the jump on the Tuskens and kill them off before their synergy and stat increases take effect.

But they'll be good in at least some raids, if you gear them up to g12/relic and they can survive long enough. They shouldn't be a solution to solo raids, but doing 5-8M damage in HSTR p1, 6-12M in p2, or 5-8M in p3 of HSTR should all be doable for a well geared squad. This lets newer players feel like they're contributing meaningfully to raids. And they should be designed to do well on DS Geo TB.

That's the kind of squad that would matter to a newer player, but that CG never puts out any more. It's a constant race to the top, instead of providing an easier, quicker path to the middle.

Climbing the mountain of the game as it is - gaining 2 x GL, JKR, DR, Malak, and now JKL is going to take a huge amount of time.

The people at the bottom need a way to participate meaningfully. They need to have fun playing TB and Raids while they're waiting for their rosters to mature.

A quicker easier path to the middle is much more relevant to the masses of people who play this game than the GLs and GASs and JKLs that take up my attention. And it might just make the game hold their interest longer, make them have fun for longer, so they're less likely to quit out of discouragement when they see how far they have yet to go.
  • Options
    Yea well, this level (for JKL) should be the level of difficulty and accessibility that the GLs have instead of them GLs being an entire credit card swipe. There’s some guy who’s in a 6mth shard that has a r7 Kylo at 2m gp which is quite ridiculous.
  • Options
    Late November will be my 3 year mark playing SWGOH, I have had both Hoda and Wampa 7 stars for well over the last year now.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Options
    I have a roughly three year old account and have Hoda, Wampa and just got Malak a few weeks ago. But those first two were easier to get before GAS and Malak were introduced to the game. I still need to gear them all up more if I want JKL, but it's not entirely impossible. Hoda is 1 piece away from G13, Malak is one away from G11. unfortunately Wampa got stalled at one piece away from G9. **** Stun Guns! And I still have 26.6k GET1 to go towards GAS.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    I have a roughly three year old account and have Hoda, Wampa and just got Malak a few weeks ago. But those first two were easier to get before GAS and Malak were introduced to the game. I still need to gear them all up more if I want JKL, but it's not entirely impossible. Hoda is 1 piece away from G13, Malak is one away from G11. unfortunately Wampa got stalled at one piece away from G9. **** Stun Guns! And I still have 26.6k GET1 to go towards GAS.

Where do we get consistent stun guns? Get1 shop, and until 3 days ago wampa and Hyoda were not worth sacrificing 1780 stun guns to get them, you may "feel" like they were worth sacrificing that much guild currency, but for newer players that is not the case, every character needs stun guns and if you want to win in GAC or in squad arena you need stun guns, not wampa or Hyoda. Hell JKL isnt even that good, at best his gonna be on the same level as Darth Revan

if he's not that good then what do you care?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Where do we get consistent stun guns? Get1 shop, and until 3 days ago wampa and Hyoda were not worth sacrificing 1780 stun guns to get them, you may "feel" like they were worth sacrificing that much guild currency, but for newer players that is not the case, every character needs stun guns and if you want to win in GAC or in squad arena you need stun guns, not wampa or Hyoda. Hell JKL isnt even that good, at best his gonna be on the same level as Darth Revan

Sure stun guns are a bottleneck, but you can farm both. For instance right now I'm not farming hard nodes for a couple of weeks to get the kyros and stun guns I need. And as I said before Malak & GAS were a thing you could do both. I went for Hoda & stun guns first. Then Wampa & stun guns. Malak I hoarded a ton for and still bought stun guns when they showed up. I was able to get Malak to 7* in a week after unlocking him. Now I spend on stun guns when I see them and will continue to hoard until I'm ready for GAS, which by the way I am no where near ready yet.

And I am no way saying my way is right, I'm just saying both are possible.

• MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

I don't, this thread was never about I care or I want or anything else, it's just there to show people whybpeope don't have Hyoda and wampa, or how long it will take them to farm them if they are currently doing Geo TB.

And why don’t they have those chars? Because they needed stun guns? I hope you’ve at least learned that the GET store is for chars before gear....but something tells me it didn’t.

Yes that's why I have my malevolence and now I'm slowly working on negotiator.
    My account is year and half old, I have 0 regrets on it, if I was given all my GEt1 back I would spend all of it on gear again because I don't see the value of wampa and Hyoda, again this is a personal opinion.

I'm personally happy for the requirement of JKL, as I stated on my post, I see this as a positive and an exclusive character for the veterans, which is good because it will keep veterans from quiting the game.

We all have different opinions when it comes to farming, lot of people will never get malevolence and negotiator because they don't like ships and would rather get more gear 12 finishers, and a lot of people me included will see wampa as a b class nest and Hyoda as support for a team that is already great without him, and will pass on them and get stun guns and cuffs since that is more valuable to them

Buying gear today so you can quickly advance, while sacrificing your ability to advance tomorrow is a method we all have used and regretted. Buying cuffs/carbs from the GET store is a mistake imho. I’ve stopped buying anything other than G12.5 gear (and guns) from the shard shop and I wish I had decided to do that sooner.

It all depends when you started. Back before Malak and Gas was available there it was foolish to spend it on anything but gear because them 2 were not needed at all for anything. Today is definitely a different story. I'm glad I used only for gear and if I had to do it all over again starting at the same time knowing what I know now, I'd use it for gear only still. Depth will smack rosters before 1 key toon will that's for sure. It was nice never knowing the stun gun crunch most people refer to.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

I don't, this thread was never about I care or I want or anything else, it's just there to show people whybpeope don't have Hyoda and wampa, or how long it will take them to farm them if they are currently doing Geo TB.

And why don’t they have those chars? Because they needed stun guns? I hope you’ve at least learned that the GET store is for chars before gear....but something tells me it didn’t.

My account is year and half old, I have 0 regrets on it, if I was given all my GEt1 back I would spend all of it on gear again because I don't see the value of wampa and Hyoda, again this is a personal opinion.

I'm personally happy for the requirement of JKL, as I stated on my post, I see this as a positive and an exclusive character for the veterans, which is good because it will keep veterans from quiting the game.

We all have different opinions when it comes to farming, lot of people will never get malevolence and negotiator because they don't like ships and would rather get more gear 12 finishers, and a lot of people me included will see wampa as a b class nest and Hyoda as support for a team that is already great without him, and will pass on them and get stun guns and cuffs since that is more valuable to them

Buying gear today so you can quickly advance, while sacrificing your ability to advance tomorrow is a method we all have used and regretted. Buying cuffs/carbs from the GET store is a mistake imho. I’ve stopped buying anything other than G12.5 gear (and guns) from the shard shop and I wish I had decided to do that sooner.

It all depends when you started. Back before Malak and Gas was available there it was foolish to spend it on anything but gear because them 2 were not needed at all for anything. Today is definitely a different story. I'm glad I used only for gear and if I had to do it all over again starting at the same time knowing what I know now, I'd use it for gear only still. Depth will smack rosters before 1 key toon will that's for sure. It was nice never knowing the stun gun crunch most people refer to.

Assuming that any character in the game might be needed for something with little warning is never foolish. In fact, back when HY and Wampa were the only characters in that store, there was rampant speculation about them being needed for the next part of Luke's journey. CG managed to do exactly the thing everybody was expecting, but somehow wait long enough that people gave up on the idea and assumed it wasn't going to happen anymore, which I find pretty hilarious.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

Assuming that any character in the game might be needed for something with little warning is never foolish. In fact, back when HY and Wampa were the only characters in that store, there was rampant speculation about them being needed for the next part of Luke's journey. CG managed to do exactly the thing everybody was expecting, but somehow wait long enough that people gave up on the idea and assumed it wasn't going to happen anymore, which I find pretty hilarious.

Sure. Still isn't as hilirious as some of these rosters I see if those who did. Just saying
  • Options
    Jppc wrote: »
    Or you aren’t chasing the metas.

Guilty as charged
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

Sure. Still isn't as hilirious as some of these rosters I see if those who did. Just saying

Stop looking at rosters.... **** peeper.

Lmao. Quit showing them then lol