Vader gonna get nerfed?

Replies

• Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I am worried as OP is. I am afraid this Vader team could classify as a "lower investment" team. And we know what happened the last time they used this term....

So you think didnt realize any of this, and the GLs + luke + vader were totally independent and they never considered interactions?

And I guess all thise considerations couldn't be why things like this take so long.

Please, be trigger happy elsewhere. Take your ad hominem arguments to the trashcan where they belong.

• Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Hilarious! Love it.
    So is this an admission that they don't bother testing anything?
    Or that GLs have almost ruined the game by being so OP, and they need a counter?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    I am worried as OP is. I am afraid this Vader team could classify as a "lower investment" team. And we know what happened the last time they used this term....

So you think didnt realize any of this, and the GLs + luke + vader were totally independent and they never considered interactions?

And I guess all thise considerations couldn't be why things like this take so long.

It's not like they missed some obvious interactions with new characters ever before, right?

They've missed interactions with new toons and old toons. Not so much a few new toons released together.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

And I guess all these considerations couldn't be why things like this take so long.

Please, be trigger happy elsewhere. Take your ad hominem arguments to the trashcan where they belong.

Who's trigger happy? It's day 1 and you're talking about possibility of nerfing a toon that dozens of ppl have posted about wanting to have a rework. Why is it so crazy to think the devs thought it through already?

And again, he's not some random tweak. He followed Luke, and was released on Father's day so they had a very deliberate timeline. It also happened shortly after GL releases with obvious interactions.

Tell me that's not all intentional. Yeah, I'm the trigger happy one.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

It's not like they missed some obvious interactions with new characters ever before, right?

They've missed interactions with new toons and old toons. Not so much a few new toons released together.

They missed the best debuff-centric lead as a counter for a self-debuffing team. It doesn't get more obvious than that...
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    Why is GL Rey pointless?
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    I think he is speaking about vador touch up that gives players another cheap counter to gl rey. Kylo is still untouchable by non gl
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Nah, doesn’t beat SLK so no need to nerf.

You are totally right on this one. The strategy of CG is clearly to make Rey beatable to force whale to go for Kylo now
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    rey has luke and slkr has vader. one is better on D, one is better on O. they both have multiple counters and can be beat. slkr has the advantage in the old hsth, rey and luke have the massive advantage in lsgeotb. bTalk about balanced, by CG

We want rock, paper, scissors, they said

If just luke was as easy to unlock like vader...
  • Options
    Vader is fine, the real problem are plug'n'play characters. Thrawn is one (possibly two) trick pony (thats not problem), however Wat Tambor is in every new team composition that counter new meta. He was released in June 2019 and after 3-4 months release relics. With every new character this would be issue. I prefer the idea, that Wat Tambor have even stronger synergy with droids/sepparatist then other faction.

Wat Tambor
    Now kit:
    Chiewab Medpac: Recover 5% Health and Protection at the start of every character's turn, and 5% bonus Protection if this character is a Separatist
    Baktoid Shield Generator: At the start of turn, recover 30% Protection and dispel own debuffs; Tanks Taunt while they have Protection
    BlasTech Weapon Mod: Gain 15% Turn Meter at the start of each enemy's turn; Attacks ignore defense and enemies defeated by this character can't be revived

New kit:
    Chiewab Medpac: Recover 3% Health and Protection at the start of every character's turn, and 10% bonus Protection if this character is a Separatist (lower % for everybody, increase % protection for separatist)
    Baktoid Shield Generator: At the start of turn, recover 30% Protection and if the target is sepparatist/droid dispel own debuffs; Tanks Taunt while they have Protection (change dispel only for sepparatist/droid)
    BlasTech Weapon Mod: Gain 15% Turn Meter at the start of each enemy's turn; Attacks ignore defense and enemies defeated by this character can't be revived (same)

The other side is little touch up for Rey - increase her synergy with resistance:

Rey
    All characters gain tenacity +1 % for every light side hero and + 5 % tenacity for every resistance hero (including Rey). Thats +10 to +30 % for team. (enhance passive or leader ability).
  • Options
    They should make GLRey better PvP choice again - it's double fraud after SLKR buff and now Palp-Vader cheap counter. What the hell we were paying for buying those Resistance Heroes shards (as GLRey wasn't f2p friendly with RH Poe became farmable at the day event launched)?
  • Options
    Palp Vader is not a cheap counter. It requires 2 legendaries and also wat. It requires insane mods and r7. I have the team relicd with okayish mods and I can’t beat Rey. Not even close. All relicd too
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    rey has luke and slkr has vader. one is better on D, one is better on O. they both have multiple counters and can be beat. slkr has the advantage in the old hsth, rey and luke have the massive advantage in lsgeotb. bTalk about balanced, by CG

We want rock, paper, scissors, they said

Please enlight me with the multiple counters for Kylo. I am eager to know.

And I love your definition of massive advantage for Rey, very funny, I am sure 2 more waves will definitively make the LSgeoTB accessible for everyone. Hsith is not "old" as you try to fool people, it is still the best way by far for G12 G12+ materials, and you can do it twice a week instead of LSgeoTB every 2 months.

Anyway, nice try in your rhetoric to manipulate opinion and transform reality. You are really funny
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Palp Vader is not a cheap counter. It requires 2 legendaries and also wat. It requires insane mods and r7. I have the team relicd with okayish mods and I can’t beat Rey. Not even close. All relicd too

We are talking end-game players with every toon unlocked, modded and geared up properly. Palp-Vader-Thrawn-Wat is insanely cheap counter to Galactic Legend from my perspective
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »

We are talking end-game players with every toon unlocked, modded and geared up properly. Palp-Vader-Thrawn-Wat is insanely cheap counter to Galactic Legend from my perspective

Yea. It is a cheap counter. And the way to make Rey at least counter this, is say maybe, she can only have x debuffs or something. Speed at this point, isn’t going to help. A fast Vader can outspeed her entire team now anyway

• Options
    So. You are looking a gifted horse in the mouth. Yeah ok, I now officially believe that the devs should just ignore everybody. I mean they literally gift us a touch up on fathers day that people have been asking for, and you are still not pleased and continue to complain. If doing what they want ends in people complaining, and doing what people want ends in people complaining, what's the point. Might as well do whatever they want so they get some enjoyment out of that at least.
  • Options

The people you are talking about dont need to worry. They have everything unlocked and reliced and modded. They can switch to Kylo and Vader can go home. For them its a nice addition to their TW- and GAC-portfolio.

Many people who might want to use this counter will have to divert scarce resources that they saved for Rey, Kylo, Jedi Luke or whatever. Ultimately, this squad is vulnerable to many other squads. It is not a squad that you can use to do your daily arena battles and then go to bed. It is expensive for many and I´d call it a luxury squad given the current state of the game.
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Lol they chat banned me for talkong about not spending anymore money on this game. Whoch I had no idea was a TOS violation. No warning. No heads up. You may get a temp chat ban like I did fyi.
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    Options
    But hey, they let cheaters off with a warning.
  • Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    So. You are looking a gifted horse in the mouth. Yeah ok, I now officially believe that the devs should just ignore everybody. I mean they literally gift us a touch up on fathers day that people have been asking for, and you are still not pleased and continue to complain. If doing what they want ends in people complaining, and doing what people want ends in people complaining, what's the point. Might as well do whatever they want so they get some enjoyment out of that at least.

Sure, spenders can also just stop spending when they (we) feel they (we) were swindled - and it gonna hurt revenues or even shut down the game completely. I paid (not much but still) to get GLRey (and many times before for 4+ years, over a couple of thousands I guess) and now feel decieved enough to keep wallet shut. Not a single cent to get SLKR faster (already 90% ready) or JKLuke.
    F2p until they fix this mess, including Rey vs SLKR disadvantage (again, we paid for better PvP toon - by initial kits, before SLKR was buffed - and now have worse one of two)
  • Options
    They should make GLRey better PvP choice again - it's double fraud after SLKR buff and now Palp-Vader cheap counter. What the hell we were paying for buying those Resistance Heroes shards (as GLRey wasn't f2p friendly with RH Poe became farmable at the day event launched)?
    RH Finn is hardly a waste!
    JTR, BB8, R2, C3PO and RH Finn got me 16 waves (by themselves) last LSTB — and the team finished with max H/P! This is currently by far the easiest 4/4 team in LSTB.

48ypthb8nbfo.png

• Options

Sure, spenders can also just stop spending when they (we) feel they (we) were swindled - and it gonna hurt revenues or even shut down the game completely. I paid (not much but still) to get GLRey (and many times before for 4+ years, over a couple of thousands I guess) and now feel decieved enough to keep wallet shut. Not a single cent to get SLKR faster (already 90% ready) or JKLuke.
    F2p until they fix this mess, including Rey vs SLKR disadvantage (again, we paid for better PvP toon - by initial kits, before SLKR was buffed - and now have worse one of two)

Eh. I suppose that's fair too. Still shouldn't look a gifted horse in the mouth, but at the same time I can see what you mean.
  • Options
    RH Finn is hardly a waste!
    JTR, BB8, R2, C3PO and RH Finn got me 16 waves (by themselves) last LSTB — and the team finished with max H/P! This is currently by far the easiest 4/4 team in LSTB.

Who in the world cares about TB anyway? ;)
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options

GL Rey is still an amazingly powerful character. She's not useless in any way, shape or form.
  • Options
    Deell wrote: »
    Lol they chat banned me for talkong about not spending anymore money on this game. Whoch I had no idea was a TOS violation. No warning. No heads up. You may get a temp chat ban like I did fyi.

You are allowed to say that you dont want to spend money anymore. You are not allowed to try to encourage others to do the same or start a "no-spending campaign".
  • Options
    I can't see us "encouraging" anyone, just talking about how we feel ourselves and how other spenders might feel now after they (we) paid to get GLRey. No campaign at all
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Deell wrote: »

You are allowed to say that you dont want to spend money anymore. You are not allowed to try to encourage others to do the same or start a "no-spending campaign".

Ah ok. I did say something that encouraged folks to not spend as I was frustrated. But I wasnt aware it was TOS. Thanks for the info.
  • Options

If your talking end game players the. What’s the problem?
    They likely have GL Rey also and most other characters.
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    I think he is speaking about vador touch up that gives players another cheap counter to gl rey. Kylo is still untouchable by non gl

That is so not true! B) Every GL Rey counter is rng dependent and/or needs to use Wat Tambor, which makes it not accesible for everyone and also not 100% reliable even with perfect modding. GL Kylo on the other hand can still be countered by DR teams, even without Wat. There are no GL counters to both teams and that is a good thing.