Vader gonna get nerfed?

Replies

• Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Options
    I climbed to top 5 yesterday targeting only SL Kylo with Ultimate using Padme and zBarriss......
    I won 9 fights out of 10
    Why is Vader needing nerfed for doing the same to Rey?
    jxlk3pewz97u.jpeg

Did you battle non sith trooper teams ?
  • Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    I climbed to top 5 yesterday targeting only SL Kylo with Ultimate using Padme and zBarriss......
    I won 9 fights out of 10
    jxlk3pewz97u.jpeg

Maybe, maybe not
  • Options
    GLs are not new anymore,its been months since they were released and have had their fair share in the meta.
    This whole Vader buff is reminiscent of the GG nuke squads that crushed Dr Malak teams when they were meta.I hope it stays that way
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Nah, doesn’t beat SLK so no need to nerf.

The 25 to 1 spots on my shard in arena might argue that. LOL 90% GL Rey Squads
  • Options
    I believed it vader will be nerfed, if he will, then only against GLS, so something like JKL leadership has "not active against GL", thats whats gonna happen i think
  • Options
    Honestly you can't make this stuff up. LOL Testing? We don't need no stinking testing..
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options

I mean, you and I can argue that Vader was made too OP all we want (I'm actually not sure he is), I'm just saying CG will disagree. New Vader doesn't beat SLKR, so there is no problem for them to fix.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Do those people have a choice or are they just stuck with Rey?
  • Hortus
    623 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If CG doesn't change anything, they are basically making sure most people don't ever bother pursuing Rey as a GL moving forward. With Vader an easily accessible counter for GAC, TW and arena, the only value she has over SLK is her use in Geo LS TB.

From what I see they are pretty even in PvP (counters each other, both have some non-GL counters). In PvE Rey can be used in LS Geo TB and Kylo can solo HSTR. The second may be better for pure personal use but LS Geo is by far more important for high-end guilds, so Kylo hardly have overall advantage.

So, what exactly the problem with Rey and why exactly no one will pursue her?

P.S. Also it worth a note that several days ago we got JK Luke, and it's yet to be seen how it will change the balance when more people will get him and put him into Rey squads on arena.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »
    If CG doesn't change anything, they are basically making sure most people don't ever bother pursuing Rey as a GL moving forward. With Vader an easily accessible counter for GAC, TW and arena, the only value she has over SLK is her use in Geo LS TB.

From what I see they are pretty even in PvP (counters each other, both have some non-GL counters).
    They don't really counter each other. I can only beat the ultimate SLK's with my own (non-ultimate) Rey if I cheese the AI.
    In PvE Rey can be used in LS Geo TB and Kylo can solo HSTR. The second may be better for pure personal use but LS Geo is by far more important for high-end guilds, so Kylo hardly have overall advantage.

Sure, she's a mostly reliable 4/4 in LSTB, but ultimately it's a drop in the bucket and does not really change star counts because of how ridiculous LSTB is. This is not evenly matched with the Kylo STR solo because if you don't get top 10 you might as well take the zero because the garbage rewards aren't worth the effort at rank 11.

It's not that no one will pursue her, it's that there is no reason to get her first, and there is no reason to spend money to get her when you get to the point of farming for her. She is objectively worse than SLKR, so why push too hard for a second rate character? There will always be "the next big thing." Case in point: I finished Rey and then started to hoard for SLK, but before I could actually apply any of that gear, JKL came out, so I got him instead and now have to start my SLKR farm over.
    P.S. Also it worth a note that several days ago we got JK Luke, and it's yet to be seen how it will change the balance when more people will get him and put him into Rey squads on arena.

He won't be changing the balance. The only way to stop the Vader counter is with Wat + Tank to keep Rey from getting Fractured.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

From what I see they are pretty even in PvP (counters each other, both have some non-GL counters). In PvE Rey can be used in LS Geo TB and Kylo can solo HSTR. The second may be better for pure personal use but LS Geo is by far more important for high-end guilds, so Kylo hardly have overall advantage.

One of our shard whales (who has R7 JKL) had him in a Rey(w/ultimate)/ all R7 Jedi squad. He was beaten by a non-ultimate GL Rey with only one R7 in the team. JKL does not help GL Rey in arena at all. If anything, it makes her more susceptible to mirror counters.

LS Geo is quite literally the only place in the game where GL Rey > GL SKL - and only because he's not allowed in it. lol. Otherwise, SKL is is better for Raids, TW (which is also important to guilds), GAC, and arena.

Let me put it this way - if you own (or did own) a maxed GL SKL and someone with your exact same roster, but had maxed GL Rey instead offered to swap accounts, would you do it?

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Darion
    75 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Nawh nawh nawh... GL Rey leadership update +30 speed no stacking damage effects
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Veserion1 wrote: »
    GLs are not new anymore,its been months since they were released and have had their fair share in the meta.
    This whole Vader buff is reminiscent of the GG nuke squads that crushed Dr Malak teams when they were meta.I hope it stays that way
    There's a huge difference though. It can take months just to attain the GL you were working toward - that was kind of the point - they were supposed to be strong end-game characters with ultimate abilities that made them stronger than non-legendary characters. And with this release CG basically said "Nah, jk. lolz."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    Darion wrote: »
    Nawh nawh nawh... GL Rey leadership update +30 speed no stacking damage effects

Rey's leader already gives +30 speed.
  • Options
    Just like the negotiations with cheaters, CG dug themselves a hole with this Vader touch up. (I like the touch-up btw.)

GL owners spent thousands to unlock. Played a lack luster event. (Rock, paper, scissors). If they got Rey, then they got screwed. Kylo only got better and now Vader with a throw away Empire/ Wat team beats Rey...

Rey owners got screwed. Period. They should be angry. I don’t have any GLs. I watched Gridan’s discussion video and they brought up a lot good points for GL owners to be ****.

Here’s the hole:
    If CG buffs Rey, then at least Rey owners will be happy. If they Nerf Vader then plenty of people like myself that slapped on his 3rd Zeta will be **** too. If CG changes anything, that ONLY makes them look mediocre by not play testing the Vader Rework. Incompetent could be a good adjective too. Releasing something like this right after JKL, not having a rebel tag, and after the GL lackluster event, makes them look bad.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Just like the negotiations with cheaters, CG dug themselves a hole with this Vader touch up. (I like the touch-up btw.)

GL owners spent thousands to unlock.

or did they

i didn't
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Techno
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

They've spent money on Rey, so Rey should be unbeatable. Period.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Techno wrote: »

They've spent money on Rey

or did they

i didn't
  • Techno
    12 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

or did they

i didn't

I've targeted only those who spent money on Rey. Those who didn't spend - their Rey should be beatable.
    I didn't spend money on her as well. I'm not even close to unlocking her tho
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

or did they

i didn't

I've targeted only those who spent money on Rey. Those who didn't spend - their Rey should be beatable.

That makes zero sense. Why should my Rey be more beatable just because I obtained her via smart resource allocation?
  • Options

One of our shard whales (who has R7 JKL) had him in a Rey(w/ultimate)/ all R7 Jedi squad. He was beaten by a non-ultimate GL Rey with only one R7 in the team. JKL does not help GL Rey in arena at all. If anything, it makes her more susceptible to mirror counters.

LS Geo is quite literally the only place in the game where GL Rey > GL SKL - and only because he's not allowed in it. lol. Otherwise, SKL is is better for Raids, TW (which is also important to guilds), GAC, and arena.

Let me put it this way - if you own (or did own) a maxed GL SKL and someone with your exact same roster, but had maxed GL Rey instead offered to swap accounts, would you do it?

Vader counter aside, I would argue Rey is the better team for TW and GAC. Kylo is an fairly easy 2 shot at worse. If you fail with your Rey counter, good luck. If you save Kylo to counter Rey, you're getting 46-47 banners in Gac, 16 in TW.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    Hawthorne wrote: »

Vader counter aside, I would argue Rey is the better team for TW and GAC. Kylo is an fairly easy 2 shot at worse. If you fail with your Rey counter, good luck. If you save Kylo to counter Rey, you're getting 46-47 banners in Gac, 16 in TW.

Yes, but in this thread, you can't put the Vader counter aside. It has turned a defense team basically guaranteed to give only 46ish banners into a defense team that will give 55+.
  • Options

I think the great equalizer is when players make deals to keep themselves in the top. Like when you see the same squads over and over in the top 25 but one is an obvious standout since it has no chance of getting there. i.e. All GL Rey squads and a DR squad at #5. It would never happen without the deals they make.
  • Techno
    12 posts Member
    Options

or did they

i didn't

That makes zero sense. Why should my Rey be more beatable just because I obtained her via smart resource allocation?

I dunno, no wallet power inside her :/
  • Options
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    I won 9 fights out of 10
    jxlk3pewz97u.jpeg

I think they all had STrooper
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

I think the great equalizer is when players make deals to keep themselves in the top. Like when you see the same squads over and over in the top 25 but one is an obvious standout since it has no chance of getting there. i.e. All GL Rey squads and a DR squad at #5. It would never happen without the deals they make.

So sure, you are.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

or did they

i didn't

I dunno, no wallet power inside her :/

You can't answer a serious question about your own logic? Ok, good chat.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Just like they didn't nerf GAS, but instead buffed the GL he was countering (Kylo), they should do the same treatment to Vader/Rey. Many more people have Vader, so nerfing him would be a kick in the teeth to a good amount of F2P and P2P alike. Instead, buffing Rey to keep her from being countered by Vader would both put her more in line with Kylo and help their PR on how objectively worse than Kylo she is now, rewarding those who invested in her and encouraging spenders to get her if they only have Kylo right now (as currently other than collector's compulsion, there is no reason to chase Rey if you happened to get Kylo first).
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Good opportunity to buff Rey to both put her in line with Kylo and protect their profitable GL meta.

This. Honestly, anything less than a Rey buff at this point would seem to make Rey a pointless investment (either time, money or resource-wise) for most players moving forward. Why would people waste all of the gear/relics to unlock and gear her, when that could go toward unlocking SLK and Vader?