Vader gonna get nerfed?

Replies

• Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    CG did one good thing here. If they nerf Vader now or buff Rey to specifically counter Vader (repeat of Palp vs Malak) I think I'm done with the game for good. Minecraft 1.16 is out today anyway.

Probably will, the Rey cry babies will have to get their way. Everyone complains about power creep then a old F2P character comes along and it’s no we can’t have that, buff the most op squad in the game now!

Kylo kills Rey
    Rey kills kylo
    5’s beats kylo
    Vader beats Rey
    And from what I’ve seen kylo can’t beat Rey + Luke so she still the pvp queen.

Pretty balanced

• Options
    GL Rey: so useless that 5 out of the top 10 in my arena shard are using her. Including the player currently at #1.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    GL Rey: so useless that 5 out of the top 10 in my arena shard are using her. Including the player currently at #1.

Because everyone's Vader magically influenced their arena a few days back, right? Come back when the latest change has had time to take effect.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Because everyone's Vader magically influenced their arena a few days back, right? Come back when the latest change has had time to take effect.

That's right because people waited ages to gear up and relic Jedi Luke didnt they?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

That's right because people waited ages to gear up and relic Jedi Luke didnt they?

What are you even babbling about? In a thread about Vader countering Rey, you bring up Jedi Luke as something old when his event hasn't even ended?
    W followed by T and F is censored? Seriously?
  • Options

What are you even babbling about? In a thread about Vader countering Rey, you bring up Jedi Luke as something old when his event hasn't even ended?

A) a fair number of people had Vader at relic level anyway as a requirement for JKL. So it's not like people are scrambling to relic Vader now.
    B) I inferred you were saying it's too early for Vader to have an impact on squad arena. Well, point A and I certainly noticed maxed out JKL within a day of the event starting.
    C) you brought up Vader. I was just pointing out that GL Rey Rey isn't useless as OP commented.
  • Options
    Suppose to be point B rather than an emoji but hey ho.
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    They should make GLRey better PvP choice again - it's double fraud after SLKR buff and now Palp-Vader cheap counter. What the hell we were paying for buying those Resistance Heroes shards (as GLRey wasn't f2p friendly with RH Poe became farmable at the day event launched)?
    RH Finn is hardly a waste!
    JTR, BB8, R2, C3PO and RH Finn got me 16 waves (by themselves) last LSTB — and the team finished with max H/P! This is currently by far the easiest 4/4 team in LSTB.

Who in the world cares about TB anyway? ;)

Everyone should do! Best way (alongside Arena payouts) to fuel every other aspect of the game.
    GET1, GET2, Wat shards + forces people to build G13 full teams for LSTB and P4 DSTB 🤷‍♂️
    —> LSTB = much harder, therefore Resistance are critical to this.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

A) a fair number of people had Vader at relic level anyway as a requirement for JKL. So it's not like people are scrambling to relic Vader now.
    B) I inferred you were saying it's too early for Vader to have an impact on squad arena. Well, point A and I certainly noticed maxed out JKL within a day of the event starting.
    C) you brought up Vader. I was just pointing out that GL Rey Rey isn't useless as OP commented.

And everyone already did all their arena fights today, right? Even if someone has R7 Vader for months, he won't influence arena until they actually use him in a fight.
    Besides, Rey will probably still be left on def, simply because getting SLKR too is impossible for most in this timeframe. So seeing Rey at top spots means little anyway.
  • Options

So seeing Rey at top spots means little anyway.

It means GL Rey isn't useless.
  • Options
    DarthJarX2 wrote: »
    That GL Rey had the ultimate. I think that is plenty evidence it's a strong team. As a person that put relics on Rose to unlock Rey, I call foul.

Do also expect the stock market to always pay out for every investment? Maybe don't expect so much from CG. They don't care about your investment...just your naivety when trusting they will do the right thing.
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Can't see them not nerfing Vader / Buffing Rey. They have shown time and time again they pick the meta, don't test it very well then fix after. How many things were nerfed for sith raid? How many times has palps been nerfed?
  • Options

And everyone already did all their arena fights today, right? Even if someone has R7 Vader for months, he won't influence arena until they actually use him in a fight.
    Besides, Rey will probably still be left on def, simply because getting SLKR too is impossible for most in this timeframe. So seeing Rey at top spots means little anyway.

I already had my payout yesterday but after the update I upgraded Vader and brought him to r5. I have a pretty strong Rey team I use in arenas, get to 1st every day little/no problems. I spent about 2 refreshes playing around with Vader in the top 10 and yes I beat a JKL/GS/Rey/JKR/Hoda team all r7. But let me say this, it wasn’t easy. Probably had 1 win out of 7 attempts, I’m sure it’ll get easier now that I’ve tested but I don’t think he’s quite GL breaking. Certainly won’t hold on defense either.
  • Techno
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody was forced to invest in any of GLs tho
  • Options
    My Vader team was r3 Emp/r5 Vader/r7 Malak/g12 Traya/g12 Thrawn
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Brotherius wrote: »
    My Vader team was r3 Emp/r5 Vader/r7 Malak/g12 Traya/g12 Thrawn

Isn't a pretaunting tank like shore or SET an essential part? And Wat? No wonder you had trouble when you tried a different team.
  • Options
    My children, there will be no rework. The sister of the sun has for told me this.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    CG did one good thing here. If they nerf Vader now or buff Rey to specifically counter Vader (repeat of Palp vs Malak) I think I'm done with the game for good.

Funny thing - several Rey owners in our guild chat pretty much said the same thing...in reverse. How long have you been playing? A year or two?

What actually surprises me is that people, regardless as to whether they own GLs or not or which ones, don't see how things like this are actually bad for the game long term. If CG doesn't change anything, they are basically making sure most people don't ever bother pursuing Rey as a GL moving forward. With Vader an easily accessible counter for GAC, TW and arena, the only value she has over SLK is her use in Geo LS TB. Most players are in no position to spend the amount of resources needed for her, simply to help their guild score a little better in one TB.

The poor long-term decision making from CG continues to amaze - it has the Mark of incompetence.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    In terms of lore, he should be the biggest nightmare of the game. The problem is... he is "cheap".
    That's it.

I came here just to watch people who already have Vader complaining he is too good and they don't want it, because only them can have a good wallet breaker team.

"Vader for me and the peasants? Nah.... only I can have a unbeatable team. Make my own Vader worse"

Thanks CG, GREAT DAY.and funny day
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    *pops popcorn* finds comfy seat. (Guess dumping game changers is working well for CG... NOT) lol
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Techno wrote: »
    Nobody was forced to invest in any of GLs tho

Did TVF finally find one of his old burner accounts? :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I climbed to top 5 yesterday targeting only SL Kylo with Ultimate using Padme and zBarriss......
    I won 9 fights out of 10
    Why is Vader needing nerfed for doing the same to Rey?
    jxlk3pewz97u.jpeg
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I am worried as OP is. I am afraid this Vader team could classify as a "lower investment" team. And we know what happened the last time they used this term....

So you think didnt realize any of this, and the GLs + luke + vader were totally independent and they never considered interactions?

And I guess all these considerations couldn't be why things like this take so long.

Please, be trigger happy elsewhere. Take your ad hominem arguments to the trashcan where they belong.

Who's trigger happy? It's day 1 and you're talking about possibility of nerfing a toon that dozens of ppl have posted about wanting to have a rework. Why is it so crazy to think the devs thought it through already?
    C'mon man - you've been around long enough to know the answer to that last question. Just to help "because if they did it wold be the first time in almost 5 years". :D

CG has gotten worse at this kind of thing over time - not better. In their rush to get out...umm...content(?), things are constantly amiss. I could list them all - and most have to do with any new release or change - and you know them all anyway.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Not everyone who has GLs spent money on them. So the entire premise of the OP is flawed.

As an aside, in the long run, decisions like this by CG actually hurt f2p players and the long term health of the game. No f2p player will waste all the resources needed for Rey moving forward if nothing is changed. They'll pursue SKL instead and leave the LS TB heavy-lifting to their whale guildmates. SLK is now harder to cheese than Rey, is more useful in GAC, TW and Raids and is a wash in arena now.

• StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    rey has luke and slkr has vader. one is better on D, one is better on O. they both have multiple counters and can be beat. slkr has the advantage in the old hsth, rey and luke have the massive advantage in lsgeotb. bTalk about balanced, by CG

We want rock, paper, scissors, they said

Rey’s last advantage over SLK was GA defense. And now there’s an accessible 55+ point counter. Arena is whatever.

500 crystals a day is whatever but some slicing mats in gac is the be all end all? lolololol

SLKR doesn't get people 500 crystals a day?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Weirdly I have no problem with a hard to get character being counterable. I thought the same thing back when General Grievous was introduced and was............ Well. He was alright under the old HK back in the day since he was another AoE that had good crit chance.

Anyway. The point I made back then was that if you had a hard to get character that was so beefcake and unbeatable that everyone had to have them you've effectively killed the game. You're telling every new player "Your level doesn't matter, your collection doesn't matter, none of this matters--do homework for a year until you pass the Galactic Legend entrance exam and THEN you can start playing the game." If you WANT the character, then by all means do whatever it takes to get that character, but if you're FORCED to get it then there's no agency and the game becomes a chore.

No character should be the end-all, be-all. So I'm quite satisfied that I can beat Geonosians with Jawas, Vader can beat Rey, Padme can beat Kylo, and so on. The game is about having a broad, deep bench to work with, not one squad to rule them all--if that wa the case, I'd still be rocking Luminara, Qui-Gon, Rey, Imperial Guard, and Clone Wars Chewbacca.

EDIT: And because it's relevant, I say this having brought Holdo to r5 last night and gathering more signal data for Rose. I'm still going for Rey. When I'm done I'll take a detour for New Luke and finally raising the relic levels of the Anakin requirement characters while waiting.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    GJO wrote: »
    In terms of lore, he should be the biggest nightmare of the game.

If a game placed on a holotable would be 'lore-accurate', we would have had a single meta since day 1 so this argument doesn't really hold well.
    Post edited by RandomSithLord on