Galactic Challenges MEGA

Replies

• Options
    This kind of feels like the faction events from TCES but a little different in terms of format unless they just straight copy them which would be really bad cause they are meh at best.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    @Nihion i wonder which Road Ahead has more words, the Hyper drive bundle RA or this one... the reason I have complaints about CG is they do nothing to fix said complaints. The Bugs, lack of communication etc... wanna know how to get people to quit complaining. Change something they can’t complain about that specific thing.

They’re certainly trying here.
  • Ultra
    11551 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I liked it

So do you think it was enough to justify months of delaying it? Do you think that was an actually Road Ahead, rather than just an announcement of a game mode? From what I remember, RA’s were plans of what was to come over the next few months.
    Who am i to criticize if the delay is justified? I'm not their boss. The delay was from May to June, its not as bad as people are making it out to be

This is the same as the past few Road Aheads ("we'll be introducing Relics", "We're working on LS TB", "We're working on DS TB") etc

This new game mode is what's coming over in the next few months, and it makes given how intensive the work is. There is puzzle elements, there is a new season, and feats to go along with it. Bonuses and lots of other stuff. The rewards, and how to extend future seasons of GC

Ummm first it was supposed to be April. Then it got moved to May. Then to June.

And I guess if you’re ok with something delayed for months (the RA) only to get bare bones information on one thing then.....hey, be happy with the lackluster product that CG is pushing and spending money on it, if you do that is.

I was under the impression that the last quarter (this one) was all about framework / bare code improvements so i don’t have any issues with taking an off quarter as long as the next quarter delivers

I do get everyone’s frustration though
  • marxuke123
    104 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Lets wait and see what it turnes out. CG seems to be full of bad surprises.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb With these new 'challenges' will there be good reward from these modes?

If there is, will there be a focus to make sure people don't cheat to get these rewards? I'd hate to see the rewards or the challenges, be reduced or scrapped.
  • Kudlaty
    106 posts Member
    Options
    I hope that there will be also something to play with ships in this new game mode
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    So this is dropping next Yr June? Rapd ahead are things that are to come. You did well for Vader and the JKL event. Why not add in a bit more?

More information is what we need
    More details

Like when is this dropping?
    Will you let us know what factions will we need?
    How often is the change of puzzle?
    - once a day?
    - once a week?
    - once a month?
    - once a year?
    - once in a life time?

What pizzes are we looking at? How does this help us to test our factions?

And most important... Where is the sand box mode we been asking????
  • Options
    I like the concept of Galactic Challemnges, but we all need to ask ourselves the same question as always: how will they capitalize on it?!
  • Options
    I like the concept of Galactic Challemnges, but we all need to ask ourselves the same question as always: how will they capitalize on it?!

I'm guessing in much the same way they're capitalizing on the new assault battle tiers.
  • Options
    Kudlaty wrote: »
    I hope that there will be also something to play with ships in this new game mode

My sentiments exactly. I was really excited about the promised new raid for this reason. We desperately need more fleet PvE content.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    @Nihion i wonder which Road Ahead has more words, the Hyper drive bundle RA or this one... the reason I have complaints about CG is they do nothing to fix said complaints. The Bugs, lack of communication etc... wanna know how to get people to quit complaining. Change something they can’t complain about that specific thing.

They’re certainly trying here.

They really are as of late. JKL (for all his flaws), a very decent Vader rework, and now the single most-requested feature of all: new PvE content. The only problem is that it's all rather vague, without a time frame, and that it comes on the heels of the new raid being canceled / put on ice.
  • Options
    MasterRalf wrote: »

@Kyno
    this was an own discussion! And the Road Ahead is not MEGA because it says nothing!
    But you postpone my discussion "When?" who asks critically in the discussion "Galactic Challenges MEGA" ???
    Galactic Challenges is right. But MEGA ????????? Maybe MEGA B ... **** because it just looks like an idea without knowing how and when it will be.
  • Stayontarget2016
    197 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    What an anticlimax
  • Options
    Sounds like Assault Battles, but with extra bonuses/penalties. I imagine similar rewards: blue/purple gear in the lower levels, gold gear/kyros in the middle levels and g12 finishers/relic materials in the higher levels.

Just please don’t be a bunch of waves per battle. That turns it into an RNG fest based on how TM falls.

Don't worry, tm will come pre-loaded
  • Options
    I liked it

So do you think it was enough to justify months of delaying it? Do you think that was an actually Road Ahead, rather than just an announcement of a game mode? From what I remember, RA’s were plans of what was to come over the next few months.
    Who am i to criticize if the delay is justified? I'm not their boss. The delay was from May to June, its not as bad as people are making it out to be

This is the same as the past few Road Aheads ("we'll be introducing Relics", "We're working on LS TB", "We're working on DS TB") etc

This new game mode is what's coming over in the next few months, and it makes given how intensive the work is. There is puzzle elements, there is a new season, and feats to go along with it. Bonuses and lots of other stuff. The rewards, and how to extend future seasons of GC

And I guess if you’re ok with something delayed for months (the RA) only to get bare bones information on one thing then.....hey, be happy with the lackluster product that CG is pushing and spending money on it, if you do that is.

I was under the impression that the last quarter (this one) was all about framework / bare code improvements so i don’t have any issues with taking an off quarter as long as the next quarter delivers

Really how are those connection lost messages treating you?
  • Options
    Dont be hasty guys,it takes time to steal animations,assets from other star wars games,so ofc there are some delays on the bumpy road
  • Ucmo
    548 posts Member
    Options
    If the new mode opens after daily activities completion, they need to drop arena battles out of the requirement. Otherwise, it would be unfair to those of us that do not attempt arena battles until the end of the day. What is the harm in making it available at the daily reset like GW? Isn't the point to "provide more activities for players each day"? If so, make it available all day so we can get to them when we are able to. The game is a time sink as it is, so locking the mode behind your dailies would make it much worse.
  • Ultra
    11551 posts Moderator
    Options
    All the delays for that? “We’ve got an idea, stay tuned for more”....

It’s not an idea - it’s something that’s being worked on
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    nothing more than a joke
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options

Easy, the “benefits” of the mode are exactly what makes them money. Being able to use non meta toons for a new game mode? Make the rewards decent, and *certain* people will whale out on empire, rogue one, etc to gear them up. I think it could be fun and hopefully they also include ships somewhere.
  • Options
    I liked it

They specifically said that first half of 2020 was focusing on code/framework. Hopefully this new mode is the start of the next chapter.
  • TVF
    36693 posts Member
    Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    So this is dropping next Yr June?

And thus is born a new "truth" that people will run with here despite not being true.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    @Nihion What IP is this game based on!?

“Do or do not, there is no TRY.” CG “trying” isn’t good enough. Being an excellent developer and DOING ones best is more than just trying. They should DOING better. Not trying better.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2942 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    So this is dropping next Yr June?

And thus is born a new "truth" that people will run with here despite not being true.

Whats your source for this not being true?

but seriously, do you think it was a little bit of a let down that we didnt get any idea when this is coming?