Replies

• TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    So this is dropping next Yr June?

And thus is born a new "truth" that people will run with here despite not being true.

Whats your source for this not being true?

but seriously, do you think it was a little bit of a let down that we didnt get any idea when this is coming?

Why do you care what I think?

But since you do, go listen to GWR. There's hope it comes this quarter.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    Options

And thus is born a new "truth" that people will run with here despite not being true.

but seriously, do you think it was a little bit of a let down that we didnt get any idea when this is coming?

nah, ill wait for someone to TL/DL it on here. And I care what everyone thinks, otherwise, I would be posting on here. I may disagree with your points, but doesnt mean I dont care.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I liked it

So do you think it was enough to justify months of delaying it? Do you think that was an actually Road Ahead, rather than just an announcement of a game mode? From what I remember, RA’s were plans of what was to come over the next few months.
    Who am i to criticize if the delay is justified? I'm not their boss. The delay was from May to June, its not as bad as people are making it out to be

This is the same as the past few Road Aheads ("we'll be introducing Relics", "We're working on LS TB", "We're working on DS TB") etc

This new game mode is what's coming over in the next few months, and it makes given how intensive the work is. There is puzzle elements, there is a new season, and feats to go along with it. Bonuses and lots of other stuff. The rewards, and how to extend future seasons of GC

Ummm first it was supposed to be April. Then it got moved to May. Then to June.

And I guess if you’re ok with something delayed for months (the RA) only to get bare bones information on one thing then.....hey, be happy with the lackluster product that CG is pushing and spending money on it, if you do that is.

I was under the impression that the last quarter (this one) was all about framework / bare code improvements so i don’t have any issues with taking an off quarter as long as the next quarter delivers

I do get everyone’s frustration though

Perhaps if they said that had been improved or is continuing to be improved in this RA people would be more understanding. However, again it falls back on their inability to communicate. Which TopHat and **** clearly have zero ability to do. It’s shocking that with so many prior producers and staff members who excelled at it, they fall so short.
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    Options

nah, ill wait for someone to TL/DL it on here. And I care what everyone thinks, otherwise, I would be posting on here. I may disagree with your points, but doesnt mean I dont care.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/hgvp7k/sbcrumb_interview_the_road_ahead_on_the_galactic/

its a pretty good read
  • Iy4oy4s
    2944 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/hgvp7k/sbcrumb_interview_the_road_ahead_on_the_galactic/

its a pretty good read
    Thanks for the link....I know that the youtubers are not everyone's cup of tea, but im not listening to a boring podcast...if CG wanted to get the message out to the masses, they should use the youtubers as well...this only using one source is old.
    ZAP wrote: »
    I listened to the entire GWR podcast and learned very little from it.

1. If crumb is going to continue visiting their podcast, I suggest they do a little more marketing here, on reddit and as many discord channels as possible. I’m surprised they don’t market themselves on more discord channels, as I think they’d be welcomed.
    2. I suspect their listenership is low, as they are not very informative or entertaining.
    3. The Vader song was a salty Rey owning 3 chord basement studio late 80s to early 90s recording.
    4. We can expect the first iteration of Galactic Challenges in the next 3 months. Crumb said they weren’t even close to the phase of UI and graphics, which is why there were no screenshots.

Agree with everything you said after reading it. This game is going to continue to be very boring for the foreseeable future...I just hope it keeps enough players hanging around to survive as I have seen a big spike in players quitting in the last two days, both in my guild, arena shard and ship shard and Im not talking new players, these are players with over 5 mil GP.

It says a lot about a game development studio that cant produce content for over 7 months....couple this with the lack of community engagement and all the bad PR...no wonder people are quitting.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    5. We can expect the first iteration of Galactic Challenges in the next 3 months. Crumb said they weren’t even close to the phase of UI and graphics, which is why there were no screenshots.

To me this just confirms that they basically did nothing for a looong time and needed to delay the RA to actually give us ANY info (still very vague stuff).
    But maybe at the end of the year we (the overall playerbase and not just the longterm players / whales / krakens) can enjoy the ocean of new content that was promised for 2020.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    @Nihion What IP is this game based on!?

“Do or do not, there is no TRY.” CG “trying” isn’t good enough. Being an excellent developer and DOING ones best is more than just trying. They should DOING better. Not trying better.

See, but this is exactly what I was saying. They screw up, people hate them. They do a little better, people say it’s not enough. Then they stop trying again because why should they waste resources on people who complain regardless?

CG can be petty, and they often don’t communicate, but if people appreciated when they tried, then they might try more.

If you could just “do” then testing wouldn’t even need to exist. Trying is better than not trying.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

“Do or do not, there is no TRY.” CG “trying” isn’t good enough. Being an excellent developer and DOING ones best is more than just trying. They should DOING better. Not trying better.

See, but this is exactly what I was saying. They screw up, people hate them. They do a little better, people say it’s not enough. Then they stop trying again because why should they waste resources on people who complain regardless?

CG can be petty, and they often don’t communicate, but if people appreciated when they tried, then they might try more.

If you could just “do” then testing wouldn’t even need to exist. Trying is better than not trying.

I get that, but it’s a game. People will always complain about something. You just have to try and fix it. If it’s not doable. Tell the people you’re sorry. Sure, they’ll be mad, but at least they know you tried.
    Then you move on and try and do your best, or more and more people will become upset.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

I can’t even really call this trying though dude. There’s nothing in this RA post that dictates a months long delay. With all the switching and delaying it was assumed, and rightfully so, that whatever the RA had in it would be detailed, and have multiple new things on the horizon.

All we got was a barebones statement for GC’s, and that’s it. Which, according to crumb may not be ready for another 3 months (September/October). So in the mean time what do we have to loom forward to? What’s coming by summers end? What characters/era is going to be the next focus? What quality of life adjustments are they planning? What bugs are currently their priority? How far along are they in fixing their UI spaghetti code?

There’s so much they could’ve included yet just didn’t even bother. I’m personally intrigued by the GC’s but there’s nothing in the RA that tells me why I should be excited. Or more importantly, why should I start spending again on this game?
  • Walrus
    11 posts Member
    Options
    for the amount of time that has pasted this single game mod sounds like trash
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    RoloJawa wrote: »
    IT IS TIME TO STAND UP FOR OUR COMMUNITY NO MORE CRAP FROM CG! ARE YOU WITH THE HALL? ARE YOU HAVING FUN WITH THIS GAME? COPY AND REPOST IF YOU AGREE WITH THE HALL https://youtu.be/DhiaG0tggW8

Caps lock button is jammed?

Also the post button.
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Ucmo wrote: »
    If the new mode opens after daily activities completion, they need to drop arena battles out of the requirement. Otherwise, it would be unfair to those of us that do not attempt arena battles until the end of the day. What is the harm in making it available at the daily reset like GW? Isn't the point to "provide more activities for players each day"? If so, make it available all day so we can get to them when we are able to. The game is a time sink as it is, so locking the mode behind your dailies would make it much worse.

When people work night shifts, it's not fair that the arena refresh is during their sleep time. Or that an entire shift ok the shop is during midnight to six when people are asleep while on day shifts. They need to fix that and get on everyone's personal schedules. It's only fair, afterall.
  • Options
    03Chaos wrote: »
    If the new mode opens after daily activities completion, they need to drop arena battles out of the requirement. Otherwise, it would be unfair to those of us that do not attempt arena battles until the end of the day. What is the harm in making it available at the daily reset like GW? Isn't the point to "provide more activities for players each day"? If so, make it available all day so we can get to them when we are able to. The game is a time sink as it is, so locking the mode behind your dailies would make it much worse.

When people work night shifts, it's not fair that the arena refresh is during their sleep time. Or that an entire shift ok the shop is during midnight to six when people are asleep while on day shifts. They need to fix that and get on everyone's personal schedules. It's only fair, afterall.

You can change the time of payouts and everything in the game in the menu
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

But not shop refreshes.

So people can't really complain about the challanges being after daily events, when they can change arena payouts to allow them to do a run earlier, thus starting their challanges earlier
  • Options

But not shop refreshes.

So people can't really complain about the challanges being after daily events, when they can change arena payouts to allow them to do a run earlier, this starting their challanges earlier

No you're wrong, the shop refreshes change too. I know I've changed it so I can get every shop refresh
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    etmpnuvgaozf.png
    Mine allows me to change only Squad Rewards, Fleet Rewards, and Daily Activities.

That said, it still supports my argument. My comment was being sarcastic in reply to the statement that the game should cater to some people's individual preferences in order to be "fair", specifically some people can't play all challanges all day because they choose to do an arena run late afternoon. The fact that people can change the time to allow their arena runs to go earlier/later further destroys such a complaint, as the game already allows you to change this run time to be more convenient for you. Thus, I see no problem with daily challanges having to be accomplished for this new feature
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    The shop refresh changes automatically with the other changes.

Beyond that, my arena time is optimized for my schedule. I shouldn't have to blow that up for this new game mode.
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    Options
    But you don't have to, that's a choice you make.

It doesn't really matter, because no matter what new thing they come up with and how they implement it, a large chunk of the player base is going to find something to complain about. Often, this is proportional to what people's priorities are, and/or how much money they spend.

I don't get bent out of shape about arena or chasing meta, because I don't need that much stress in my life from a mobile game. So obviously my GAFs are different than those who do, and vice versa
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

It doesn't really matter, because no matter what new thing they come up with and how they implement it, a large chunk of the player base is going to find something to complain about. Often, this is proportional to what people's priorities are, and/or how much money they spend.

I don't get bent out of shape about arena or chasing meta, because I don't need that much stress in my life from a mobile game. So obviously my GAFs are different than those who do, and vice versa

I love that you are including me in the complainer group. You're clearly new here.

My point is I shouldn't have to make that choice.

And you can say you don't stress about it, implying that those of us at the top of arena must be stressing out and hating it, but I have a ton of fun playing this game, and crystal income from arena is a large reason why.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options

I love that you are including me in the complainer group. You're clearly new here.

New to posting? yes. New to reading the posts here? no.

Zip-a-dee-doo-da

Shouldn't have to, but seemingly do, unless they change their minds before release. Which, judging by how many topics get posted about wanting change in anything but go unheard, is unlikely

Lol everyone knows exactly what the format will be. Never mind everyone always complains about the lack of details in the RA.
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    Options

Zip-a-dee-doo-da

Shouldn't have to, but seemingly do, unless they change their minds before release. Which, judging by how many topics get posted about wanting change in anything but go unheard, is unlikely

Lol everyone knows exactly what the format will be. Never mind everyone always complains about the lack of details in the RA.

Something else I don't understand. People getting up in arms before the details are actually revealed
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options

Zip-a-dee-doo-da

Something else I don't understand. People getting up in arms before the details are actually revealed

And yet you're acting like you know the details? Ok.
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options

Zip-a-dee-doo-da

And yet you're acting like you know the details? Ok.

First, I'm not up in arms, because I don't care if they put it behind daily events, in front of them, or the first ten minutes of every hour

Second, I never claimed to know the details. I am going off only what is in the RA.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    "seemingly do"

Everyone is guessing based on what is in the RA, but ok.

Also I never said you are up in arms, so good argument there.
  • Options
    Mupper00 wrote: »
    Where’s the Death Star raid :( come on this is Star Wars after all ?

Well, they could very well make 1 of the battles a death star battle requiring key rebel ships, maybe even change perspective from angled view to cockpit view.