Tell me something about your squad that you think people don't know.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I'd like to share my experience with an Ima-Gun Di led all Jedi team.

* Di giving defense up, QGJ giving offense up, and Yoda being Yoda, means that there will always be pretty green boxes all over the place.

...ahh, but in the current state of the game, one of the boxes is useless. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kaib
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Even at 4*, Vader is a good substitute for Poggle on droid teams when facing Jedi. His AOE buffs 88, helps with foresight, and can't be dispelled by QGJ for offense up. It also hits so many times that I usually have some dots get through even if Yoda buffs. His main attack can't be blocked by Jedi (works on foresight)and if ability block goes off it can't be resisted by Jedi.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Kaib wrote: »
    Even at 4*, Vader is a good substitute for Poggle on droid teams when facing Jedi. His AOE buffs 88, helps with foresight, and can't be dispelled by QGJ for offense up. It also hits so many times that I usually have some dots get through even if Yoda buffs. His main attack can't be blocked by Jedi (works on foresight)and if ability block goes off it can't be resisted by Jedi.

And all of that DOT utility is prevented by Yoda. If I ever faced a team with Vader and 88, I would use the first move to spread tenacity and prevent all of those dots. Then I would take out 88 and someone else before 88 or vader would ever get a chance to move. All of this may change soon, hopefully (except for Yoda's tenacity buff, that needs to stay.)
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Oootini wrote: »
    Offense up on first turn with QGJ against savage means lumis force blast does crazy damage, and If not dead then phasma advantage followed by Han taunt means I basically go again, with an offencedup toon, a dead (or ability blocked opponent toon) and my cannons protected by Han, which only give me more TM:)

This, I run them also with Yoda on the side. Phasma en Han together are turn meter beasts and follow each other after Yoda, QGJ and Lumi
  • Kaib
    74 posts Member
    Options
    I always get dots through against Yoda - just not as many. The 88 thing is always the Achilles heel against any team, though.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options

* All things even, Di hits harder than Luminara, his special outdamaging her special by about 1K dmg.
    * In a team with Di, Lumi, Ahsoka and Yoda, QGJ can't call in a bad assist. They will all either do massive damage or apply a useful buff or debuff.
    * You don't necessarily need a tank when Yoda can distribute tenacity up and Foresight to the entire team
    * AOE attacks mean not only a lot of counters, but also that Ahsoka heals herself, QGJ gains turn meter, Yoda gains Foresight, and Luminara sometimes gains Evade up.
    * Di giving defense up, QGJ giving offense up, and Yoda being Yoda, means that there will always be pretty green boxes all over the place.

Im working on Ima so Ill remember this lineup thanks @Nonemo
  • Options
    Something about my team...

It's obvious it is slow, but I'm not sure people realise it also has terrible tenacity. So, I really struggle against double stun teams (ie Dooku + Daka). Tbh I really don't know how I wake up and still find myself top 50 most days...
  • Options

It's obvious it is slow, but I'm not sure people realise it also has terrible tenacity. So, I really struggle against double stun teams (ie Dooku + Daka). Tbh I really don't know how I wake up and still find myself top 50 most days...

No one knows which heroes you are talking about.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »

* All things even, Di hits harder than Luminara, his special outdamaging her special by about 1K dmg.
    * In a team with Di, Lumi, Ahsoka and Yoda, QGJ can't call in a bad assist. They will all either do massive damage or apply a useful buff or debuff.
    * You don't necessarily need a tank when Yoda can distribute tenacity up and Foresight to the entire team
    * AOE attacks mean not only a lot of counters, but also that Ahsoka heals herself, QGJ gains turn meter, Yoda gains Foresight, and Luminara sometimes gains Evade up.

It's fairly new to me too tbh, so I'll post more info as I discover it. I'm going to try this with Anakin in it as well, once mine is 7*.
  • Options

No one knows which heroes you are talking about.

Good point. Sid (L) Daka Han Biggs and Lumi

Hopefully my shard won't see this...
  • Options
    XCOM wrote: »
    RG stuns though foresight (Yoda/Rey)... (And removes it.)

Not sure if true but seems that stunned Sidius is easier to hit with Jedi, less likely to dodge (still does, but not 15 times in a row.)

RG likely to successfully stun Lumi, Dooku, Barris, Sid, GS... Do not try Bobba, Vader.

Who is RG?
  • Options

Not sure if true but seems that stunned Sidius is easier to hit with Jedi, less likely to dodge (still does, but not 15 times in a row.)

RG likely to successfully stun Lumi, Dooku, Barris, Sid, GS... Do not try Bobba, Vader.

Who is RG?

Royal Geonosian
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Who is RG?

Double post*

Rancor Gimp
  • Options
    Royal geonissin
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options

Who is RG?

Royal Guard, the best tank in game.
  • Options
    Genosian
  • Options
    Geoneosun
  • Options

Who is RG?

Royal Geonosian

looooooool
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »

It's fairly new to me too tbh, so I'll post more info as I discover it. I'm going to try this with Anakin in it as well, once mine is 7*.

Im at 71/80 for Anakin and 48/80 Ima Anakin I plan to level and use right away not so sure what Ima's future with me will be when I finally have his 80 shards but once I star him up he might be my next leader for the new meta Thats in case in the new meta there are Lando users with Nute lead.
  • Options
    Genosian

Oh, I didn't know he was was Armenian.
  • Options
    Genosian

You didn't know his name is Bughdasar Genosian?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I always get dots through against Yoda - just not as many. The 88 thing is always the Achilles heel against any team, though.

I believe they said this is a bug that will be fixed....someday.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Fml I hate my cellphone
    Genosian

hahahaha
    but seriously GS is the second most mistyped name I type.
    First is Uoaroar'U'U'U'R'R aoawuuuurrr
  • Options
    Rex's leadership is amazing. The crits to turn meter leads to amazing mirror match synergy (winning the coin flips).
    Rex squad discipline is still bugged.
    I like Rex.
  • Face2Face
    81 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I've been borrowing your IGD. He's pretty awesome @ 7* It's good to see your trying out a non-Meta team again, and doing well with it. You're rank 12 right now.
  • Kaib
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Could be although the BM skill just reads "tenacity up". If 5 opponents are alive Vader has 15 chances to dot overall and he has good potency so a few get through. Of course, AI will probably never be able to defend with Vader so it doesn't matter I guess.

• kalidor
    2125 posts Member
    Options
    * Savage is great against heroes that do damage over time. "Your turn, Mr Opress. Offense Up?" "Don't mind if I do."

* Heroes with health steal from gear receive that health even when under healing immunity (Asajj). Heroes that get health steal through abilities will have it blocked by healing immunity (Talia). Asajj has 45% health steal when max geared to the cap.

* Ahsoka's protective manoeuvre will still heal your squad even if dodged if the defender has >50% health.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

Could be although the BM skill just reads "tenacity up". If 5 opponents are alive Vader has 15 chances to dot overall and he has good potency so a few get through. Of course, AI will probably never be able to defend with Vader so it doesn't matter I guess.

Devs said on reddit that Yoda's "tenacity up" is 9999%. That's pretty good.

• Options
    Nice
  • Kaib
    74 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Devs said on reddit that Yoda's "tenacity up" is 9999%. That's pretty good.

Haha - that IS pretty good.

Maybe i should say it this way. Common advice is Vader is terrible vs. Yoda. That's untrue on droid teams. Even if BM is not functioning correctly and is supposed to stop all dots and gets fixed, if Yoda uses it first round, he's not doing damage, and not attacking the well know droid weakness of 88 dying before attacking. 88 still has the damage to kill people without dots. Vader just instead uses basic attack which cannot be dodged or resisted by Jedi so he ability blocks instead at 65% rate and blows past foresight. That's useful against Yoda. It's less lopsided than its made out to be. I've never had issue with Yoda defending against my droid team in Arena unless QGJ called him on assist vs 88.
    Post edited by Kaib on