Tell me something about your squad that you think people don't know.

Replies

• SDziad
    150 posts Member
    Options
    pabrimmer wrote: »
    Whenever my Barriss gets a killing blow, my Ahsoka yells, "You should be embarrissed!" at the empty spot on the table. Then they high five. "Nice one, boo!" "Thanks, boo." Then Luminara is all, "If you two are quite finished, there are more enemies to attend to," and she's got that super serious Jedi-don't-form-attachments look on her face, but secretly she's thinking, "Aw they're adorbs!"
    @pabrimmer Thanks to you I love Lumi/Barriss/Ahsoka combo even more.
    BTW Barriss getting a finishing blow on Sidious is one of most satisfying things in game. :smiley:

Phasma/Poggle/Old Ben combo can be really good if combined with some damage dealers. Poggle can block someone between N.Acolyte and Greedo, then Phasma's doing Victory March, Ben is ready... And you have 1 free turn to swipe enemies with Advantaged and Offensed Up Phasma, IG-86 with Speed Up, eventually killing machine Rey with Foresight and Offense Up. It's a bit slow strategy, but deadly against anyone who isn't Dooku or Yoda. I tried it with Lumi and IG-86, but Rey should be better. In GW variant, just take Lumi+Barriss tandem and your team should win.

On the other note, when Defense will be reworked and battles will be longer, from that I can get nice team with Barriss alone (her health equalization will add Def.Up on tier 8).
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Face2Face wrote: »
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I'd like to share my experience with an Ima-Gun Di led all Jedi team.

* All things even, Di hits harder than Luminara, his special outdamaging her special by about 1K dmg.
    * In a team with Di, Lumi, Ahsoka and Yoda, QGJ can't call in a bad assist. They will all either do massive damage or apply a useful buff or debuff.
    * You don't necessarily need a tank when Yoda can distribute tenacity up and Foresight to the entire team
    * AOE attacks mean not only a lot of counters, but also that Ahsoka heals herself, QGJ gains turn meter, Yoda gains Foresight, and Luminara sometimes gains Evade up.
    * Di giving defense up, QGJ giving offense up, and Yoda being Yoda, means that there will always be pretty green boxes all over the place.

I've been borrowing your IGD. He's pretty awesome @ 7* It's good to see your trying out a non-Meta team again, and doing well with it. You're rank 12 right now.

@Face2Face cool! I'm happy it's helpful to you. I'm very impressed by Di myself. Just as I thought I had stuff figured out, I find some new awesome combo to run. :)

I did cave in and ran a Dooku/Yoda/RG team for two days. Was great on the defensive, but **** to attack with. I'm happier with my own weird builds. But I'll probably be down at rank 40 by tomorrow. :-/
  • Options
    SDziad wrote: »
    @pabrimmer Thanks to you I love Lumi/Barriss/Ahsoka combo even more.

:)B):)
    BTW Barriss getting a finishing blow on Sidious is one of most satisfying things in game. :smiley:

Oh, yeah it is!
    On the other note, when Defense will be reworked and battles will be longer, from that I can get nice team with Barriss alone (her health equalization will add Def.Up on tier 8).

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this too!
    Barris irl imo idk
  • DaptoDog
    36 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi All, long time lurker, first time poster.

Not sure if this has been discussed here or elsewhere, but Savage Oppress is my secret weapon against Dooku teams. In fact I actively seek out Dooku teams.

I run a hybrid Rebel team with Savage and Lumi. I leave Dooku till last and usually have 2-3 characters left. But whenever it's heads up between him and my Savage, Savage just rips him a new one. This is especially the case if he gets his critical up chance. I never see Savage in any opponent teams and I regularly run 1st or top 5 on my early shard (the same one as BentWookie, Force Mondeo, Prothean etc).
  • Options
    I've learned that:
    * Clone Sergeant gets many extra turns.
    * Rex does much bigger damage than people think.
    * Phasma with Advantage always gets overlooked by the AI, so she chills in the back, killing things.
    * Fives is not very useful in the beginning of a battle, but becomes more and more dangerous the longer the battle drags on.

I'm almost there! Right now only Rex and 5's are on the arena team. But so close.
  • Options
    I run the classic droid team and I bet nobody knows to target IG-88 first for an instant win.
  • Options
    I run the classic droid team and I bet nobody knows to target IG-88 first for an instant win.

Oh I target him first before he blows up the joint. He's a one man wrecking crew but my Rebels take care of him before he has a chance to move.
  • Options
    From my GW team, I learned that New Ahsoka has synergies with Barriss. With Barriss lead, Ahsoka gains three different passive heals on her regular attack (Barriss, health steal and ability hp steal).

So Ahsoka is usually at max health, meaning Barriss gets a decent extra health pool to equalize out to the other, less fortunate team members.

Also, Ahsoka as auxiliary healer adds on top of Barriss' leadership passive heals and regular attack passive heals. Together they're like a machine.

This. Since unlocking Barriss and starring up Ahsoka my GW has been so much more fun. New toons to play with, new strategies to try. Barris, Lumi, Ahsoka make a deadly combo.

Right on. Ever since I teamed up the trio of Barriss,Ahsoka and Lumi I've been killing GW with no retreats. Ahsoka also seems to beat dodges more often than other Jedi. Especially vs Sid.

• Options
    they all secretly cross dress. I don't know why they keep it secret, it's not like there is still a stigma attached to it. But whatever floats their boat.
  • Options
    @SidiousIsPikachu
    Ahh, everyone knows Rey is classed as Resistance. :#

im sure lot of people do not know this. Otherwise, i'd see at least one team with Poe/Finn leader, and rey and RP/RT (which im planning on to do, expose and foresight perhaps will be better in the new meta they planning instead of FOTP WHATHEDUCK damage.)

I'm sure 99.99999% of the people playing the game know this.

In case you haven't noticed almost no one uses synergised teams. I am one of the very few who uses a full Nightsister team and in July I'll have my full Resistance team ready.

Full synergy is currently simply not that good. And definitely not meta.

I got my arss kicked by an all rebel team. Definitely underestimated them.
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Even if Rex misses and doesn't do damage he still reduces the targets tm.
  • Options
    Offense up on Rey and her Fury of Blows can one-shot anyone. Works well with Dooku lead, QGJ or Poggle.

Yes! I just one shot a full health Royal Guard today. I had to check again to see if it was true lol
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Tusken Shaman combined with Vader or Sidious has the sickest heal in the game. The description is wrong, his heal is based on ally's max health. At level 80 he will heal up to 70% of max health. And of course, he will buff the entire team with offense up.

MO2KTVs.jpg

Shaman + Vader seen to be a very strong combination when the new meta arrives.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    fberbert wrote: »
    Tusken Shaman combined with Vader or Sidious has the sickest heal in the game. The description is wrong, his heal is based on ally's max health. At level 80 he will heal up to 70% of max health. And of course, he will buff the entire team with offense up.

MO2KTVs.jpg

Shaman + Vader seen to be a very strong combination when the new meta arrives.

Wow! That's so amazing.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    It's unbeatable! I know people don't know that cause they keep beating it.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    I run Phasma (L), Poe, Poggle, QGJ, and Sid (but Sid can be replaced) and there's some pros and cons about it:

Pros:
    1. The Poe to Phasma TM combo is deadly, esp since Poggle just went. Everyone gets essentially 2 turns in a row like this: Sid, Poggle O up, Poe taunt, QGJ assist, Phasma Advantage, everyone attacks basic.
    2. With O up and expose and advantage, this whole turn round will usually wipe 2-3 toons with the rest at low health.
    3. Once Poggle goes and everyone is still alive, it's all ogre now.

Cons:
    1. Stuns are the real enemy here. This does not work if Poe or Phasma get stunned. Occasionally stunned Poggle is bad but I can usually get around it.
    2. Not the fastest in the current meta, but most toons have enough health to stay alive long enough to start their turns.
    3. Worst possible thing that can happen: QGJ calls ST Han to assist, takes away TM, it's all ogre.

Hope this helps someone!
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

* All things even, Di hits harder than Luminara, his special outdamaging her special by about 1K dmg.
    * In a team with Di, Lumi, Ahsoka and Yoda, QGJ can't call in a bad assist. They will all either do massive damage or apply a useful buff or debuff.
    * You don't necessarily need a tank when Yoda can distribute tenacity up and Foresight to the entire team
    * AOE attacks mean not only a lot of counters, but also that Ahsoka heals herself, QGJ gains turn meter, Yoda gains Foresight, and Luminara sometimes gains Evade up.
    * Di giving defense up, QGJ giving offense up, and Yoda being Yoda, means that there will always be pretty green boxes all over the place.

I've been borrowing your IGD. He's pretty awesome @ 7* It's good to see your trying out a non-Meta team again, and doing well with it. You're rank 12 right now.

@Face2Face cool! I'm happy it's helpful to you. I'm very impressed by Di myself. Just as I thought I had stuff figured out, I find some new awesome combo to run. :)

I did cave in and ran a Dooku/Yoda/RG team for two days. Was great on the defensive, but **** to attack with. I'm happier with my own weird builds. But I'll probably be down at rank 40 by tomorrow. :-/

...And I was right. Dropped from 12 to 40. Haven't dropped that much in forever. Well, good thing I'm not farming anything in the Arena shop anymore, I guess.
  • Options
    I guess most people in top-50 should know that. For instance, your team and team of Muzezhi Too (or smth like that, don't remember how to spell his nickname right) are the most reliable victory for me; and the formula is extremely easy: kill IG-88 before Poe taunts (usually the job is done after the first move of QGJ).
  • Options
    It's not a secret, but Ventress' health steal off her basic is monstrous. I rarely have Sid and Ventress out of a GW group because they simply look after themselves for free.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    It's not a secret, but Ventress' health steal off her basic is monstrous. I rarely have Sid and Ventress out of a GW group because they simply look after themselves for free.

Ahsoka does this very well at 6*+ too.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Pretty much everyone knows you kill 88 first, besides the guy who just got destroyed by 88 and comes to ask who to kill first against droid teams
  • Options
    This would be the best thread on the forum if we could edit out all of the irony, humor, and frivolity.
  • Options
    86 is the only droid I run, he doesn't need other droids to be effective, he probably has the most confirmed kills on my team, and he has just enough health to survive a big early hit, most of the time

Lately I haven't even run Poggle with him, he is just a beast
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    This would be the best thread on the forum if we could edit out all of the irony, humor, and frivolity.

+1

• Options

...And I was right. Dropped from 12 to 40. Haven't dropped that much in forever. Well, good thing I'm not farming anything in the Arena shop anymore, I guess.

The nature of the beast I guess. Seems like everyone is forced to play with certain teams if they even want to get close to #1. I've changed my team up as well; I had too. Droid are too slow for this meta.
  • Options
    trellent wrote: »
    When Teebo gets in the finishing blow, he likes to yell, "You've been Teeboned!"

Hahahaha :D:D

Teebowned

@InternetSwag I love your avi and your sig :smile:

Whenever my Barriss gets a killing blow, my Ahsoka yells, "You should be embarrissed!" at the empty spot on the table. Then they high five. "Nice one, boo!" "Thanks, boo." Then Luminara is all, "If you two are quite finished, there are more enemies to attend to," and she's got that super serious Jedi-don't-form-attachments look on her face, but secretly she's thinking, "Aw they're adorbs!"

Yeah, my GW takes an hour and a half at least.

Wait how did I miss this?!
    10/10 would read again.
    :smiley:
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options

@InternetSwag I love your avi and your sig :smile:

Yeah, my GW takes an hour and a half at least.

Wait how did I miss this?!
    10/10 would read again.
    :smiley:

<3

Barris irl imo idk
  • Options
    Teebo is nice against taunts and against people with foresight, crucial on my team
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    ST Han isn't classified as a Human so I guess I have an all alien squad
  • Toonny
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Sometimes I punch Savage in the face just so my QGJ can suck the buffs out of someone.

You could do that to Biggs too if your QGJ landed a crit, and then your entire team got an offense up.
    Well, Biggs is rare to see.