Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Adamklark wrote: »
    they would never do that B)

Narrator: But they did.

I thought tournaments went away because of the cheating....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/93104/why-discontinue-tournaments
  • Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/93104/why-discontinue-tournaments

CG would never state that a game mode went away because of cheating as it would be bad for business. I remember a lot of hubbub about cheating. Something that plagues them to today....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Options

CG would never state that a game mode went away because of cheating as it would be bad for business. I remember a lot of hubbub about cheating. Something that plagues them to today....

and using the term cheating for what happened in tournaments would be considered a misnomer, as nothing that was happening at that time was in violation of any of the rules.

• Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    Options

and using the term cheating for what happened in tournaments would be considered a misnomer, as nothing that was happening at that time was in violation of any of the rules.

Ok, we will go with exploit then. Bottom line is the CG rarely listens and acts on feeback.
  • Options
    Some late feedback.

I actually enjoyed the battles so far. There is some interesting ideas in them. What's not fun (and is not fun in many of these types of events) is having to repeat the battle multiple times to complete all the tiers and feats in those tiers. If I can beat tier 5, then give me all the rewards for tiers 1 through 4 for completing and any feats I completed. I'm not talking about a sim button, just have your code check if I got the rewards for completion (or a feat) in the earlier tiers. If I haven't, just give them to me. What is fun about doing eight battles on auto to get rewards. Having to repeat these battles diminished any fun I had doing the more challenging levels.

Assault Battles are the same problem only worse. I finish challenge tier 1 only to have to do the same thing 4 more times. Just give me the rewards for the earlier stuff. If there is concern others may want to play those battles for rewards, then let me hit a button when I finish to collect the rewards.

I've enjoyed trying a half dozen different teams in the battles tier 5 and above. I did not enjoy the 8 battles I had to do for tiers 1-4.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Ok, we will go with exploit then. Bottom line is the CG rarely listens and acts on feeback.

not really accurate, the player base just ignores it when they do and tries to play it off like it was for other reasons, hence this conversation.

they have listened and acted on several noted points of feedback.
  • Options
    I used GAS to do the undersized squad feat but didn't get the rewards. Does a summoned unit like ARC's turret bring the count back up to 5?

Yes. It was mentioned in the notes that most of us miss. A summon character/gun will take over the 5th slot if you go underused.

• Options
    Everyone’s talked about the rewards for GC so I’m not gonna waste time talking about that, but instead point out just how boring this game mode is for non-endgame players. Most of us in the early or midgame have 3-6 squads that are well geared up, zeta’d and modded. I’m literally not even going to play the GC this week because I have bad bounty hunters and I don’t wanna waste time doing tier 1 and 2 against a boring empire team that I’ll never face in arena or GAC for mk 1 stun guns. I seriously just don’t get where the entertainment value is supposed to be considering it’s a mode for “all players”
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    then the BH GC isn't for you. At least the BH part. My Bh aren't great so I just did everything I could for free rewards.

as for entertainment values, rewards, etc, yeah. at least they're better than AB's! edit: not the rewards lol, iirc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Check back when the rewards are updated. They said they plan on increasing the ratio you recieve from simply finishing compared to finishing with the bonus faction. So hopefully that'll make it worthwhile.

I think it'd be cool if they made simply finishing it a significant source of shards for key characters within that faction. Tier I being, say, 5 Jango shards, Tier 2 being 5 Mandolorian shards, for example. I say only 5 since this seems like it'll be a repeatable event and depending on how frequently it repeats more might wind up making farms for these characters too quick and then you're just getting shard shop currency when an early/midgame player may not need it yet.

But we definitely need more than the one per tier....
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I am a bit bipolar with the GC thing all together. I like they added something "optional" I don't feel obligated to do.

I really really would have liked a PVP event that is constant, offers rewards, and brings more options to who and how you fight and how much you fight to the game.

I greatly wanted wager battles. Where you put up currency/gear to be battled by GAC competitors you've had or the like. Not stating that to argue about the nuances, just saying there could be dozens of exciting things CG could have done that would have allured a lot more players than what GC is doing.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I am a bit bipolar with the GC thing all together. I like they added something "optional" I don't feel obligated to do.

I really really would have liked a PVP event that is constant, offers rewards, and brings more options to who and how you fight and how much you fight to the game.

I greatly wanted wager battles. Where you put up currency/gear to be battled by GAC competitors you've had or the like. Not stating that to argue about the nuances, just saying there could be dozens of exciting things CG could have done that would have allured a lot more players than what GC is doing.

no.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I think you mean you’re ambivalent. Or maybe of conflicting minds.

Bipolar is something very, very different.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Yung_Hen wrote: »
    Everyone’s talked about the rewards for GC so I’m not gonna waste time talking about that, but instead point out just how boring this game mode is for non-endgame players. Most of us in the early or midgame have 3-6 squads that are well geared up, zeta’d and modded. I’m literally not even going to play the GC this week because I have bad bounty hunters and I don’t wanna waste time doing tier 1 and 2 against a boring empire team that I’ll never face in arena or GAC for mk 1 stun guns. I seriously just don’t get where the entertainment value is supposed to be considering it’s a mode for “all players”

It’s boring for end game players too.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Yung_Hen wrote: »

It’s boring for end game players too.

Zing zing
  • DemonR
    68 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    My problem is, i dont have 5 g12 bounty hunters.... but I have SLKR.

So I can cake walk all the feats except use xx bounty hunters for the last 3 tiers ...

So, its not a challenge for me (SLKR), and there is 0 chance of me using bounty hunters on the last 3 tiers.

I see the potential, with tweaks -eg, "one man it", "use a team where no two toons are on the same faction", etc. That would lead me to replaying it and using the breadth of my roster as promised.

At the moment, i only need to play it once for max rewards (twice for the lower 4 tears).

Edit - obvs, for the avoidance of doubt, i would only bother replaying for better rewards
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    DemonR wrote: »

So I can cake walk all the feats except use xx bounty hunters for the last 3 tiers ...

So, its not a challenge for me (SLKR), and there is 0 chance of me using bounty hunters on the last 3 tiers.

I see the potential, with tweaks -eg, "one man it", "use a team where no two toons are on the same faction", etc. That would lead me to replaying it and using the breadth of my roster as promised.

At the moment, i only need to play it once for max rewards (twice for the lower 4 tears).

Edit - obvs, for the avoidance of doubt, i would only bother replaying for better rewards

If you want a challenge don't use SLKR.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I have been around a long time so I have a bunch of teams. I replayed the event numerous times with different teams to see how far they could go. Fun to me. Still, 2 days is enough for that, might need 3 if there were also a TW going on.

This GC was better than the last one. Do not really like the insta-kill event ability but that's just part of it so deal.

I like that they are innovating. They do pretty well at that IMHO.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    DemonR wrote: »

If you want a challenge don't use SLKR.

Why? Its easily beatable with several characters. Its not like doing it without the easiest method chnges the problem with it.

Its not a fun experience with rewarding rewards. Its not something i feel engaged to play over and over. Rewards dont reset daily.

This doesnt appeal to end game whales... its a gear check /heres your loot.

This doesnt appeal to new players as they arent there yet....

Mid game cant do top end and bottom is boring.

Add to that the rewards dont warrant mutiple play or strategy and they surely arent making you want to relic characters to get a feat
  • SWBSD
    57 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder if they would consider setting up GC more like quests. For example, a “capture the flag” quest that each tier represented a step towards achieving the goal. You could still have modifiers and feats, but instead of just 1 faction feat, have 3-4. Spread the rewards across all the feats to encourage trying it with all the featured factions, and maybe add some new art pieces as the reward for completing the quest with a featured faction. They’d really only be limited in how many “quests” they could think up. Kinda how they do events to unlock the big characters, but instead of the toon unlock, some unique rewards that are like a badge of honor.

Just spitballing ideas, but it seems like currently part of what’s missing in GC are motivators to get players to play with the developers intentions for the game mode in mind.

• Options
    I admit i am not reading much here,couse there is no saving this boring game mode,but i'll try couse i am bored now.

How hard is it to put some cutscenes during the tiers?Provide some lore on the background of the planets,do something different in the tiers than boosting their dmg,stats only,like jkl event had,but more.
    Put some effort into your own game,dont be lazy.
  • Options
    Also a bit late to post feedback, but here goes:

I like the idea, and the feel of the event but the execution is lacking (hence the test I guess).
    Biggest flaw seems to be the reward/investment ratio, I just reliced my second char, and all the tiers I can do don't help my progress in the game one bit. So not that great an incentive to actually tinker with the mode.
    The second problems is the feats: I like the idea to reward faction specific investment, no problem, but it severely limits the rewards for most people when all the good rewards are locked away.
    I would like more than 3 feats per GC, some easy, some hard or nearly impossible. Maybe you don't get to accomplish all the feats but if you can solve 3 out of say 10 the rewards still could be good.
    Could even be feats like solo lvl Vll, no mods, only attackers/support/tanks, use period specific toons, no leader ability, whatever just a whole bunch to choose from, kinda like GAC.
    Otherwise deactivating the modifiers would be nice.
  • TimK
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Liking your post mate- original and not going with the masses..
    As this game is for Star Wars fans (and not for those whom are in it for the rewards, rewards and "more playable content"- I am completely with you on the idea of more storyline driven content, possibly being incorporated before implementation of anything gathered from the G.L. Marquee Events...
  • Options
    The customizable abilities like the instant kill and sharing the ability across both teams are good. This makes combat fresh and new-ish.

The structure of the event itself is suspect... Conceptually the event for factions is flawed because it doesn't incentivise using any specific faction!!!

If someone has devoted enough resources to develop their faction specific event team to a sufficient level which allows them to complete a tier of combat with a complete team from the specific faction for that event then the player should should benefit from beating the event with a full team from the specific faction.

Currently for me there is no difference if I beat tier 5 or 6 or 7 with bonuty hunters or if I just a GL team so why I even bother to use bounty hunters in the bounty hunter event? This goes against the spirit of the game & the event.

The structure not rewarding factions would be very easy to fix...

The feats for each tier should be
    1) win using 5 from a specific faction
    2) flawless victory
    3) undersized win

Then devs will have encouraged spending by creating a real incentive to level up each faction.

The problem is now devs can easily modify event abilities which is good but also bad.
    Such powers can make events constantly exciting and new, but... They also now have the ability to tune events over time... So the issue is mainly trust.

if I do invest to beat the event this time, will it be harder next time? This is something people aren't really complaining about "yet" ...I have seen the future.
  • Options
    Some late feedback.

I actually enjoyed the battles so far. There is some interesting ideas in them. What's not fun (and is not fun in many of these types of events) is having to repeat the battle multiple times to complete all the tiers and feats in those tiers. If I can beat tier 5, then give me all the rewards for tiers 1 through 4 for completing and any feats I completed. I'm not talking about a sim button, just have your code check if I got the rewards for completion (or a feat) in the earlier tiers. If I haven't, just give them to me. What is fun about doing eight battles on auto to get rewards. Having to repeat these battles diminished any fun I had doing the more challenging levels.

Assault Battles are the same problem only worse. I finish challenge tier 1 only to have to do the same thing 4 more times. Just give me the rewards for the earlier stuff. If there is concern others may want to play those battles for rewards, then let me hit a button when I finish to collect the rewards.

I've enjoyed trying a half dozen different teams in the battles tier 5 and above. I did not enjoy the 8 battles I had to do for tiers 1-4.

I think a sim button for any tiers that are already 3 started for assault battles are a long overdue qol that is especially needed now that there are more tiers.

And assuming that the Galactic challenges are a recurring event, a sim button for lower tiers would be a solution to your issue except that you have to play it at least once to prove you can get all the feats before you can sim.

I think a sim button solves the issues you have and is probably easier to code since it already exists in many areas of the game. No point in them coding the automatic sims you are suggesting if they can just add a sim button in much less time with similar results. It's not like we are short of sim tickets or anything.
  • Options
    I recently built up my BH and Rebel fighter teams to a place where they are usable(for my GP at least). I have played galactic challenges 30+ times just testing them and seeing what contracts I like. I find it very fun and even more fun if cg decreases the time of each event. l love this new event and can't wait to see what it looks like as a finished product. I know I may be a minority here so why do a lot of people not like this event. Besides crappy rewards and the 7 day event time?
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Because they want a full blown sandbox, I assume.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH